BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slade

Top 20
Hey Moonshot

ive been thinking about Rob Telson referring to Robot Ken companion naming him possibly “Higgins” which if so is well played being perhaps the most popular dog known by humans.

The other things that’s perhaps is pure “coincidence” is an article by contributor P. “Higgins”
- Towards making virtual human-robot interaction a reality.

http://iral.cs.umbc.edu/Pubs/VAMHRI2021-Higgins.pdf
I have to admit I had never heard of Higgins. Red Dog I know.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

M_C

Founding Member
I just wish we had some statement from a senior AMD person indicating their interest in Akida's power efficiency!
Close enough for me 😜 (there are other interaction with AMD staff liking BRN posts but i'll have to do more digging)

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Slade

Top 20
Ok, did a bit of research. Turns out I spent much of my after school childhood watching Higgins as he was the pooch in Petticoat Junction. Petticoat Junction!

Come ride the little train
That is rollin' down the tracks
To the junction
Forget about your cares
It is time to relax
At the junction
Lots of curves, you bet!
Even more, when you get
To the junction
Petticoat Junction!
There's a little hotel
Called the Shady Rest
At the junction
Petticoat Junction!
It is run by Kate
Come and be her guest
At the junction
Petticoat Junction!
And that's Uncle Joe
He's a-movin' kind of slow
At the junction
Petticoat Junction!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I did post and delete it ff, I realised after I posted it that @Rocket577 already beat me to it. It is a great article and worth a read, it basically suggests that SiFive will (for the first time) probably be in mobile phones next year...............I like our chances of being involved if it happens (and by if I mean when, even if it isn't next year)

This is rockets post -

"By 2023, you're likely to see the first mobile phone with RISC-V," SiFive Chief Executive Patrick Little said in an October interview. "I think we have an excellent shot at the phone."
SiFive's current offering equates to a 2 year old AMD, but if they combine it with Akida ...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
SiFive's current offering equates to a 2 year old AMD, but if they combine it with Akida ...
Exactly what I was thinking B 1.

SiFive needed AKIDA to take the next step.

Nviso needed AKIDA to move from static robots to highly impactful unconnected mobile robots that can interact and work with humans everywhere.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Quick question resulting from a previous post by @Dhm.

Does anyone know what Trey from Luminar was referring to here when he says that BrainChip are "public on a roadmap to partner with NVDIA for GPU compute in a car".

I know that Ron Telson mentioned in a podcast that he could envisage Nvidia more as a partner in the future, but I didn't think this would qualify as being on the public record per se, to partner for GPU compute. I don't know, but it just strikes me as a very specific comment to make.

How else could Trey be in a position to make such a comment unless he listened to that particular podcast or unless he follows BrainChip very carefully. Has such a partnership between BrainChip and NVDIA been publicly discussed elsewhere?

View attachment 5791
That "they" is them, not us.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

M_C

Founding Member
@Diogenese @Fact Finder (and anyone else)

what do you make of this please? XILNIX (AMD) are claiming a 60 - 80% increase in efficiency with a new chip. More details coming in October apparently?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Does anyone know what Trey from Luminar was referring to here when he says that BrainChip are "public on a roadmap to partner with NVDIA for GPU compute in a car".

I know that Ron Telson mentioned in a podcast that he could envisage Nvidia more as a partner in the future, but I didn't think this would qualify as being on the public record per se, to partner for GPU compute. I don't know, but it just strikes me as a very specific comment to make.

How else could Trey be in a position to make such a comment unless he listened to that particular podcast or unless he follows BrainChip very carefully. Has such a partnership between BrainChip and NVDIA been publicly discussed elsewhere?

View attachment 5791

I don't think has been posted previously but apologies if this is not the case. Maybe Trey Campbell from Luminar was referring to a partnership with with BrainChip and NVIDIA (via Valeo)?

Just putting it out there...

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 2.40.28 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Ok, did a bit of research. Turns out I spent much of my after school childhood watching Higgins as he was the pooch in Petticoat Junction. Petticoat Junction!

Come ride the little train
That is rollin' down the tracks
To the junction
Forget about your cares
It is time to relax
At the junction
Lots of curves, you bet!
Even more, when you get
To the junction
Petticoat Junction!
There's a little hotel
Called the Shady Rest
At the junction
Petticoat Junction!
It is run by Kate
Come and be her guest
At the junction
Petticoat Junction!
And that's Uncle Joe
He's a-movin' kind of slow
At the junction
Petticoat Junction!
I grew up watching this along with F Troop, Gilligan's Island, Lost in Space et al, and now I find I'm turning into Uncle Joe. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Haha

MDhere

Regular
Higggins was i believe the real name of the famous onscreen dog Benji. Hence im thinking very clever to call it Higgins as well perhaps a coincidence the author contributor of article P. Higgins about making robot a reality. Either way whatever reason its i think well thought out in my opinion. :)

Reactions: 5 users

MDhere

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Love

View attachment 5791
As he claims not to know anything about Brainchip and Mercedes I read the following sentence to be saying all I have heard is that Mercedes are partnering with Nvidia to use a GPU.

This is the only way Trey’s comment makes any sense.

We know Mercedes are using the ‘artificial intelligence experts’ (Mercedes words) called Brainchip, along with Nvidia and Cerence in the EQXX.

We know Mercedes attribute AKIDA with a five to ten times greater efficiency than their contemporaries.

Personally I do not need Trey to confirm where this is all heading when Rob Telson removes Nvidia from competitor to partner when asked a direction question.

Trey either is very poorly informed which I doubt or is deflecting the question.

Anyone in the automotive EV space are either dead or in a submarine at the bottom of the Atlantic without communications if they are not all over Mercedes beating Tesla to 1,000 plus kilometres on a single charge in a passenger vehicle.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
As he claims not to know anything about Brainchip and Mercedes I read the following sentence to be saying all I have heard is that Mercedes are partnering with Nvidia to use a GPU.

This is the only way Trey’s comment makes any sense.

We know Mercedes are using the ‘artificial intelligence experts’ (Mercedes words) called Brainchip, along with Nvidia and Cerence in the EQXX.

We know Mercedes attribute AKIDA with a five to ten times greater efficiency than their contemporaries.

Personally I do not need Trey to confirm where this is all heading when Rob Telson removes Nvidia from competitor to partner when asked a direction question.

Trey either is very poorly informed which I doubt or is deflecting the question.

Anyone in the automotive EV space are either dead or in a submarine at the bottom of the Atlantic without communications if they are not all over Mercedes beating Tesla to 1,000 plus kilometres on a single charge in a passenger vehicle.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Oh dear, my boo-boo! Now I understand what Diogenese was trying to tell me. That "they" is them, not us.🥴

huh-wtf.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Yak52

Regular
Im probably completely wrong, but has anyone thought that maybe those x amount of shares that were being held and traded on https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/BCHPY/quote#trade-data. Have all no been gobbled up? So there having to be purchased elsewhere again hence the fee.

Maybe that’s why the rise in share price the last 2 days as they are trying to top up again

42 million shares have been brought over the last 2 days with a recently average off 6 million shares traded daily, hence 30 million shares have been gobbled up for some reason

Original amount purchased was 50 million so maybe they have to top up when it gets down to 20 million or even better that have run dry so still need another 20 milllion shares

@Fact Finder maybe you can take a look to see if there is anything in here to back up my theory in section 4.8 as it means nought to me

42 million shares have been brought over the last 2 days with a recently average off 6 million shares traded daily, hence 30 million shares have been gobbled up for some reason - Rocket577
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rocket, maybe just maybe it was to cover those 51 Million outstanding SHORTS before some sort of news/Announcement hits the deck and the STOCK PRICE absolutely skyrockets !!!

Better to pay $1- $1.20 than perhaps $1.50 - $3 to cover those bloody SHORTS.

Yak52.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Yak52

Regular
There are many youtube videos about Elon musk buying merc. I don’t think there is any real evidence for this as of yet, just a lot of speculation. We know Elon has shown interest in Merc, we know Elon is open to partnerships with other car manufacturers as per previous interviews. We know merc was major share holder in Tesla but sold in 2014.

We know merc has EQXX consent car which is the biggest threat to Tesla, but apparently Elon has stated that they will be able to preform better than this soon. (I can’t find the place where Elon says this)

Apparently Elon can splash about 100 Billion without any approval from shareholders.

Merc is valued @ 75 billion

Elon has stated that he is not interested in hostile take over, only joint agreed on partnerships.

I think the EQXX has sparked a particular interest from Elon. And it shows that Mercedes has the resources to compete in the EV space.

I think it would be a great partnership, and together they would be close to unstoppable. And since Mercedes’ is using Akida it would of course be amazing for all our shareholders to include Tesla in our portfolio.
There are many youtube videos about Elon musk buying merc. I don’t think there is any real evidence for this as of yet, just a lot of speculation. We know Elon has shown interest in Merc, we know Elon is open to partnerships with other car manufacturers as per previous interviews. We know merc was major share holder in Tesla but sold in 2014 - TheFunkMachine
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks TFM.
I agree with the above and was aware of this early this year so it had me searching to see if something new had not been stated by Elon and was running around on utube. Elon attracts a lot of rumour mill type of attention so my thought was it was probably unfounded.
His latest TED video is an eye opener in many ways.
Ai is mentioned and he says that "real world Ai and vision will need to be solved for fully Autonomous Vehicles to be a reality. He was also confident (again) that tesla would solve its self drive issues this year. Silicone Neural networks was needed in his opinion.

Yak52

Reactions: 12 users

M_C

Founding Member
I did post and delete it ff, I realised after I posted it that @Rocket577 already beat me to it. It is a great article and worth a read, it basically suggests that SiFive will (for the first time ever) probably be in mobile phones next year...............I like our chances of being involved if it happens (and by if I mean when, even if it isn't next year)

This is rockets post -

"By 2023, you're likely to see the first mobile phone with RISC-V," SiFive Chief Executive Patrick Little said in an October interview. "I think we have an excellent shot at the phone."
INTERESTING - :unsure:

INTEL and QUALCOMM BOTH have their fingers in the latest SiFive pie .............................coincidence?

Already companies such as Nvidia, Western Digital, Samsung, and Alibaba have been building silicon based on RISC-V for their own internal use. But in the wake of Nvidia’s failed takeover of Arm, a lot of companies took a look at RISC-V and began developing their own strategies around this instruction set, making it a soon-to-be competitor to Arm and Intel. However, it’s not quite ready to take the IoT world by storm just yet.

In mid-month, SiFive, a company that builds RISC-V cores and licenses them out to other businesses that don’t want to tackle that much chip engineering, raised a fifth round of funding that valued it at $2.5 billion. Even more interesting were the companies that were involved in the funding, which included the venture capital divisions of both Intel and Qualcomm.

Intel, long a jealous defender of its x86 architecture as the best and only option for computing, has softened its stance as it has lost ground to Nvidia on the AI side and Arm in mobile and IoT. Now, as it seeks to regain relevance, Intel is embracing the manufacturing of others’ chips and other architectures.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
S

Straw

I'm going with the new term 'longoing revenue' (ongoing growth in revenue on a long-term basis!?)

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom