BRN Discussion Ongoing

Ok.

I have just received advice from the CFO Ken Scarince that Brainchip has not received any notifications from the SEC.

He is currently chasing up with Fidelity as to what has occurred and is also contacting the SEC and those who sponsored the upgrade.

He will let me know when he establishes why Fidelity made this statement to JD.

Regards
FF

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Cosors thanks for your posts. Glad your a "BrainChip" convertee along with us other nuts!

Have you heard anything in Germany about Elon Musk in talks with Merc at all last 1-2 days?? Supposed to be a utube video out about it.
Apparently he is supposed to be flashing cash around. Not sure if BS or not.

Cheers have a good weekend in some warmth!

Gute Nacht

Yak52
There are many youtube videos about Elon musk buying merc. I don’t think there is any real evidence for this as of yet, just a lot of speculation. We know Elon has shown interest in Merc, we know Elon is open to partnerships with other car manufacturers as per previous interviews. We know merc was major share holder in Tesla but sold in 2014.

We know merc has EQXX consent car which is the biggest threat to Tesla, but apparently Elon has stated that they will be able to preform better than this soon. (I can’t find the place where Elon says this)

Apparently Elon can splash about 100 Billion without any approval from shareholders.

Merc is valued @ 75 billion

Elon has stated that he is not interested in hostile take over, only joint agreed on partnerships.

I think the EQXX has sparked a particular interest from Elon. And it shows that Mercedes has the resources to compete in the EV space.

I think it would be a great partnership, and together they would be close to unstoppable. And since Mercedes’ is using Akida it would of course be amazing for all our shareholders to include Tesla in our portfolio.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Cat Reaction GIF

I think everybody appreciates all the effort you put in fact finder......... I hope you can afford yourself a weekend away from the computer and tsex and have a decent break!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Fortunately, I think far too often about buying;)

Nice that we have time in Germany until 22:00. I have greatly reduced my raw material stocks, because of the high oil prices, which will not fall. And chips are the new commodity. My head is full of ideas where to use Akida. It's beyond my imagination and it's big. We're just at the beginning of a drift.

I can't get Brainchip out of my brain 🤣 Better to give up and buy. Have a great weekend! This is where summer starts!

_______

Please cut me some slack. My English is abysmal and only Deep Learning and DeepL helps me to be half understood.
You done caught the fever boy................Willkommen to the club. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

images-1.jpeg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

hotty4040

Regular

I really like the incites that this guy rewards us with. He explains many facets of investing remarkably well, and his presentations are on point often.

Is it ( Mix - asxinvestor ) that he represents ?? and could someone provide his name....

Thanks in advance.....

Akida Ballista

hotty...

Reactions: 11 users

MDhere

Regular
I think Higgins was just the first name that jumped to mind… was Benji! View attachment 1721
Hey Moonshot

ive been thinking about Rob Telson referring to Robot Ken companion naming him possibly “Higgins” which if so is well played being perhaps the most popular dog known by humans.

The other things that’s perhaps is pure “coincidence” is an article by contributor P. “Higgins”
- Towards making virtual human-robot interaction a reality.

http://iral.cs.umbc.edu/Pubs/VAMHRI2021-Higgins.pdf

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
download.jpeg-51.jpg
love it

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
I think he or she is on safe ground saying this as they use entirely different approaches and systems so are not compatible one with the other. Put'em together and what have you got? A mess. No bipperty bobbity boo.

But @DingoBorat there have been a number of publications including from the US Defence Department pointing out the shortfalls with these two different technologies and even this morning the post put up by @Rocket577 included a paper out of IMEC which had the following to say:

II. COMPARISON WITH OTHER DIGITAL NEUROMORPHIC
PL ATFORMS

To the best of our knowledge, the SpiNNaker architecture
[3] is a closest neuromorphic platform to SENeCA. SpiNNaker
contains several ARM cores as the processing units connected
through an advanced single router star-type multicasting asyn-
chronous packet-switched network. SpiNNaker2 [4] added
several accelerated arithmetic processing units and advanced
power management techniques in the GF22nm technology
node. On the contrary, SENeCA uses one of the smallest open-
source RISC-V processors as the controller (not used for event
processing) together with optimized accelerators and a low-
overhead mesh-type multicasting NoC (with reduced func-
tionality compared to SpiNNaker) for sparse parallel event-
based computation. Unlike SpiNNaker which is designed for
the simulation of brain-inspired research, the primary purpose
of SENeCA is to have both the hardware and software open
for optimizations and innovations in the EdgeAI neuromorphic
computation.
On the other hand, IBM TrueNorth [5] uses a plain mesh
packet-switched network (uni-cast) but with optimized (inflex-
ible) processing cores. Each core in the TrueNorth architecture
emulates exactly 256 neurons. Each neuron has 256 input
synapses, organized in a crossbar architecture, with a single
output axon connected to 256 neurons in another core. This
optimized processing core resulted in a power-efficient neuron
update (about 26pJ). µBrain [6] goes further in optimized
processing core and allows for ultra-low-power application-
specific IP (in contrast with the multi-purpose neuromorphic
processor).
In Intel Loihi [7], the processing cores are more flexible than
TrueNorth, and the interconnect is a simple uni-cast packet-
switched mesh. Also, Loihi cores accelerate a bio-inspired
learning algorithm. The cost of this flexibility is having a
higher neuron update energy (about 80pJ) in comparison
with the TrueNorth (while using a better technology node).
Loihi2 [8] scaled up the Loihi chip by packing more neurons
and synapses in a die, using the Intel4 technology node.
Additionally, it introduced programmable neurons with micro-
code, a feature also available in SENeCA. Both Loihi chips
accelerate a specific kind of bio-inspired learning mechanism
on-chip."

The other thing to note about IBM's True North is it makes no claims to having application at the Edge that is not the territory it is trying to mark out for itself and still maintains it is in research.

Intel's Loihi 1 & 2 are continuously described as only research chips and in the latest release from Intel posted here Intel has stated recently that they are still to identify a use case for Loihi and it may never be produced as a commercial chip and be utilised in the cloud.

If someone wants to use a neuromorphic commercial chip off the shelf at the edge the three major players SpinNaker, IBM and Intel having nothing available in their catalogue so they are compelled to look elsewhere. Brainchip's AKIDA is the undisputed most versatile neuromorphic edge chip on the market today and can also be bought as IP.

Blind Freddie just cannot believe that the sighted people cannot see the bleeding obvious particularly when the following is there in public view for all to see:

1. Nvidia is partnered with Mercedes

2. Brainchip is partnered with Mercedes

3. SiFive is partnered with Nvidia for RISC-V

4. Brainchip is partnered with SiFive to bring Ai to RISC-V

5. Brainchip is partnered with MegaChips for automotive

6. Brainchip’s Rob Telson stated in answer about competing with Nvidia that they see Nvidia more as a partner in the future

7. Nviso is partnered with Brainchip

8. Nviso is working in robotics and is partnering with Brainchip specifically for this purpose

9. Nviso is partnered with Panasonic for robotics

10. MegaChips is also partnered with Brainchip for Industrial Robotics.

11. Brainchip is partnered with Valeo

12. Valeo is partnered with Mercedes for LiDAR

13. Valeo is partnered with Honda for LiDAR

Personally I do not believe anyone knows anymore than we do.

I believe they are just starting to catch up.

My anonymous opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I have been away on holidays overseas with my elderly parents for the past 5weeks and have not paid alot of attention to the sharemarket lately. I must say yourself FF and so many others here are absolutely amazing with your investigations and dot joining I have almost caught up on so much new information. Everyone here is absolutely amazing and I just want to say thank you for all your efforts. Reading through all these posts just helps and reassures me that I'm invested in a great company. I do believe BRN is the next big thing in computing and the way of the future.
Cheers to a big future.

Akida Ballista

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Has anyone heard anything recently about BRCHF on the OTCQX market having any imposed alerts from the SEC?

Back in February, when BrainChip announced they were DTC eligible, I no longer had to pay a $50 foreign settlement fee through my broker, Fidelity Investments.

However, recently when I attempted to purchase more shares of BRCHF, the $50 fee appeared when I went to submit the order. I end up buying in small batches, so it would make more sense to buy a larger batch for the same fee later.

I inquired with Fidelity and they stated:

For this particular security, Brainchip Holdings LTD (BRCHF) has an SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) imposed alert, which makes the security DTC ineligible. At this time, you would incur a $50 fee to place a trade for BRCHF.

I did searches on the SEC Web site where they listed investor alerts and did not find anything related to BRCHF or BrainChip Holdings LTD, so I'm really at a loss as to why they are now DTC ineligible. I miss my free trades. :cry:

I guess it's time to send an e-mail to Investor Relations at BrainChip.
Maybe, the ASX query yesterday was sufficient for Fidelity to reimpose the foreign trading fee?

Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Ooops! I just posted this on the Renasas thread but think it might be better placed here.

Hi @Learning,

Continuing on from your previous post, here are some more details about driver and vehicle monitoring systems which the European Commission is either making mandatory or subject to rewards.

These systems are going to be 'the new seat-belt' IMO, which = a lot of 💰💰💰

This whole article is A MUST READ because it talks about Continental's interior sensor technology. Reading it, you would think they must be using Akida, but previous sleuthing ( #6,948 ) indicates they are using Autobrains technology. I hope I'm wrong!

Extract

From 2024, the European Commission will include driver and vehicle monitoring in the type approval requirements of the General Safety Regulation (GSR) for new registrations. Included, for example, is the ability to detect fatigue or lack of driver attention. These changes are accompanied by another regulatory driving force, with Euro NCap rewarding the installation of interior camera systems from 2023.The voluntary programme for assessing vehicle safety plans to assign assessment points for child detection. If parents forget a child in the back seat, the cabin sensing technology detects this with the radar sensor and the stored algorithms for object classification and sounds the alarm.

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 11.57.12 am.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Ooops! I just posted this on the Renasas thread but think it might be better placed here.

Hi @Learning,

Continuing on from your previous post, here are some more details about driver and vehicle monitoring systems which the European Commission is either making mandatory or subject to rewards.

These systems are going to be 'the new seat-belt' IMO, which = a lot of 💰💰💰

This whole article is A MUST READ because it talks about Continental's interior sensor technology. Reading it, you would think they must be using Akida, but previous sleuthing ( #6,948 ) indicates they are using Autobrains technology. I hope I'm wrong!

Extract

From 2024, the European Commission will include driver and vehicle monitoring in the type approval requirements of the General Safety Regulation (GSR) for new registrations. Included, for example, is the ability to detect fatigue or lack of driver attention. These changes are accompanied by another regulatory driving force, with Euro NCap rewarding the installation of interior camera systems from 2023.The voluntary programme for assessing vehicle safety plans to assign assessment points for child detection. If parents forget a child in the back seat, the cabin sensing technology detects this with the radar sensor and the stored algorithms for object classification and sounds the alarm.

View attachment 5787

Jesu! I hope their not gonna put it in the back of panalvans. ;)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
This might be of interest given the known relationship between Brainchip and Xilinx from around 2019:

TechRadar

AMD EPYC processors are set for a major speed boost​

Anthony Spadafora - Yesterday 2:00 pm
FollowView Profile

© Provided by TechRadar
1651891141757.png

During a recent earnings call, AMD revealed its plans to bolster its line of EPYC processors by infusing them with Xilinx’s FPGA-powered AI inference engine.
While the first of these new AI-infused CPUs are slated to arrive next year, the move shows that the chip giant is working to incorporate the technologies from its $54bn Xilinx acquisition into its existing products.
Still though, recent patents from AMD show that the company is actually working on several methods to connect AI accelerators to its processors including using 3D chip stacking tech to do so.
AMD isn’t the first chipmaker to pair its CPUs with in-built FPGAs as Intel tried something similar after acquiring Altera back in 2015. Despite the fact that the company announced and even demoed a combined CPU+FPGA chip, the final product ended up being more of an experiment that it hasn’t revisited since.

FPGA-infused CPUs​

Although AMD hasn’t yet gone into the details regarding its future FPGA-infused products, connecting Xilinx FPGA silicon to its processors will likely require some sophistication.
Instead of using standard PCIe lanes and QPI interconnect to connect FGPA chips to a CPU like Intel did, AMD’s patents suggest that the company is working on an accelerator port to do so in a variety of ways.
AMD could use 3D stacking chip tech like it does with its Milan-X processors to provide performance, power and memory throughput advantages. However, this approach can present thermal challenges that would reduce performance if the chiplet is placed too close to compute dies.
Fortunately, we’ll likely learn more about AMD’s upcoming AI-infused CPUs at the company’s upcoming Financial Analyst Day next month.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This might be of interest given the known relationship between Brainchip and Xilinx from around 2019:

TechRadar

FollowView Profile

© Provided by TechRadar
View attachment 5789
During a recent earnings call, AMD revealed its plans to bolster its line of EPYC processors by infusing them with Xilinx’s FPGA-powered AI inference engine.
While the first of these new AI-infused CPUs are slated to arrive next year, the move shows that the chip giant is working to incorporate the technologies from its $54bn Xilinx acquisition into its existing products.
Still though, recent patents from AMD show that the company is actually working on several methods to connect AI accelerators to its processors including using 3D chip stacking tech to do so.
AMD isn’t the first chipmaker to pair its CPUs with in-built FPGAs as Intel tried something similar after acquiring Altera back in 2015. Despite the fact that the company announced and even demoed a combined CPU+FPGA chip, the final product ended up being more of an experiment that it hasn’t revisited since.

FPGA-infused CPUs​

Although AMD hasn’t yet gone into the details regarding its future FPGA-infused products, connecting Xilinx FPGA silicon to its processors will likely require some sophistication.
Instead of using standard PCIe lanes and QPI interconnect to connect FGPA chips to a CPU like Intel did, AMD’s patents suggest that the company is working on an accelerator port to do so in a variety of ways.
AMD could use 3D stacking chip tech like it does with its Milan-X processors to provide performance, power and memory throughput advantages. However, this approach can present thermal challenges that would reduce performance if the chiplet is placed too close to compute dies.
Fortunately, we’ll likely learn more about AMD’s upcoming AI-infused CPUs at the company’s upcoming Financial Analyst Day next month.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Now I wonder if there's an AI inference engine to provide performance, power and throughput advantages which would not present thermal challenges as a 3D stacked chip.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20

TechRadar

FollowView Profile

© Provided by TechRadar
View attachment 5789

FPGA-infused CPUs​

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

'recent patents from AMD show that the company is actually working on several methods to connect AI accelerators to its processors including using 3D chip stacking tech to do so.'

ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES INC [US]
US2021405968A1 PROCESSING UNIT WITH SMALL FOOTPRINT ARITHMETIC LOGIC UNIT
2020-06-26

1651893593157.png

A parallel processing unit employs an arithmetic logic unit (ALU) having a relatively small footprint, thereby reducing the overall power consumption and circuit area of the processing unit. To support the smaller footprint, the ALU includes multiple stages to execute operations corresponding to a received instruction. The ALU executes at least one operation at a precision indicated by the received instruction, and then reduces the resulting data of the at least one operation to a smaller size before providing the results to another stage of the ALU to continue execution of the instruction.

[0012] In contrast to the general purpose operations executed by the CPU 102 , the AI accelerator 104 includes modules and circuitry to efficiently execute operations associated with artificial intelligence operations, such as operations associated with machine learning, neural networks, inference engines, expert systems, deep learning, and the like. Accordingly, in different embodiments the AI accelerator 104 is one of a number of processing units employed to execute operations associated with artificial intelligence, such as a vector processing unit, a graphics processing unit (GPU), a general-purpose GPU (GPGPU), a non-scalar processing unit, a highly-parallel processing unit, an AI processing unit, an inference engine, a machine learning processing unit, a neural network processing unit, other multithreaded processing units, and the like.

• Love
  • Fire
'recent patents from AMD show that the company is actually working on several methods to connect AI accelerators to its processors including using 3D chip stacking tech to do so.'

ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES INC [US]
US2021405968A1 PROCESSING UNIT WITH SMALL FOOTPRINT ARITHMETIC LOGIC UNIT
2020-06-26

View attachment 5790

A parallel processing unit employs an arithmetic logic unit (ALU) having a relatively small footprint, thereby reducing the overall power consumption and circuit area of the processing unit. To support the smaller footprint, the ALU includes multiple stages to execute operations corresponding to a received instruction. The ALU executes at least one operation at a precision indicated by the received instruction, and then reduces the resulting data of the at least one operation to a smaller size before providing the results to another stage of the ALU to continue execution of the instruction.

[0012] In contrast to the general purpose operations executed by the CPU 102 , the AI accelerator 104 includes modules and circuitry to efficiently execute operations associated with artificial intelligence operations, such as operations associated with machine learning, neural networks, inference engines, expert systems, deep learning, and the like. Accordingly, in different embodiments the AI accelerator 104 is one of a number of processing units employed to execute operations associated with artificial intelligence, such as a vector processing unit, a graphics processing unit (GPU), a general-purpose GPU (GPGPU), a non-scalar processing unit, a highly-parallel processing unit, an AI processing unit, an inference engine, a machine learning processing unit, a neural network processing unit, other multithreaded processing units, and the like.
Are you thinking what I’m thinking B 1?

It is either AKIDA or they intend to wait 3 to 5 years and just want to be ready?????

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: @MC I received an alert to a post by you about SiFive and mobiles but cannot find. Did you delete it so you could buy more BRN cheap on Monday? FF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20

It is either AKIDA or they intend to wait 3 to 5 years and just want to be ready?????

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: @MC I received an alert to a post by you about SiFive and mobiles but cannot find. Did you delete it so you could buy more BRN cheap on Monday? FF
I just wish we had some statement from a senior AMD person indicating their interest in Akida's power efficiency!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

M_C

Founding Member

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I did post and delete it ff, I realised after I posted it that @Rocket577 already beat me to it. It is a great article and worth a read, it basically suggests that SiFive will (for the first time ever) probably be in mobile phones next year...............I like our chances of being involved if it happens (and by if I mean when, even if it isn't next year)

This is rockets post -

"By 2023, you're likely to see the first mobile phone with RISC-V," SiFive Chief Executive Patrick Little said in an October interview. "I think we have an excellent shot at the phone."

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
I just wish we had some statement from a senior AMD person indicating their interest in Akida's power efficiency!
What did my mother say “If wishes were fishes there would be plenty of fish in the sea” which when she said it made no sense because I was five and there were still plenty of fish in the sea. She was ahead of her time as it turned out.

After the penalty just imposed on Nvidia over non disclosure by the SEC you could buy shares in AMD in multiple accounts then bombard them with requests to identify the Ai maker and when they fail to do so complain to the SEC and in four years you will find out the answer.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Quick question resulting from a previous post by @Dhm.

Does anyone know what Trey from Luminar was referring to here when he says that BrainChip are "public on a roadmap to partner with NVDIA for GPU compute in a car".

I know that Ron Telson mentioned in a podcast that he could envisage Nvidia more as a partner in the future, but I didn't think this would qualify as being on the public record per se, to partner for GPU compute. I don't know, but it just strikes me as a very specific comment to make.

How else could Trey be in a position to make such a comment unless he listened to that particular podcast or unless he follows BrainChip very carefully. Has such a partnership between BrainChip and NVDIA been publicly discussed elsewhere?

Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 1.27.02 pm.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
I did post and delete it ff, I realised after I posted it that @Rocket577 already beat me to it. It is a great article and worth a read, it basically suggests that SiFive will (for the first time) probably be in mobile phones next year...............I like our chances of being involved if it happens (and by if I mean when, even if it isn't next year)

This is rockets post -

Yes but @Rocket577 only posts one intelligent post a year. He said so only the other day. 😂🤣😂

I read the article in the email notification and thought to myself that with AKIDA on board SiFive have the complete package for mobile phone integration.

It is a must read article.

And thanks for replying MC.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom