BRN Discussion Ongoing

Yak52

Regular
US BRCHF closed at USD$0.715 = AUD$1.015 last night.

BRN (ASX) has closed UP today @ AUD$106 = USD$0.75

Will BRCHF rebalance UP to equivalent of AUD$106 (USD$0.75) tonight or even possibly do a spike like we did today?

IF the DOW & NASDAQ rebound tonight (100%) this could pump the USA BRCHF and Euro share prices. Heres hoping and watchin!

Yak52.

Will BRCHF rebalance UP to equivalent of AUD$106 (USD$0.75) tonight or even possibly do a spike like we did today? - Yak52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES IT DID AFTER THE US OPENING! BRCHF - USD$0.75 FIRST HOUR OF TRADING

Yak52

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
1651855831890.png

Reactions: 6 users

Yak52

Regular
I have passed the question on to a real German Tesla fan or disciple. If, then he knows more. I will report back with his answer.
Thanks cosors, much appreciated!

Yak52

Reactions: 3 users

MDhere

Regular
e l o n c a n d o i t i n o n e b l i n k of a n e y e

Called it! 😜
might have been the
e l o n s b l i n k m a y h a v e t r i e d t o w i p e t h e t a b l e o f f tt h e s e l l s i d e
which caused a temporary speedimg ticket
T h e y w i l l c o m e b a c k M o n d a y a n d t r y a g a i n t i l t h e y g e t t h e l o t..

Don't know why i put spaces in there for but felt like it. H o w d o i p u t a s e l l on a t $30 t r i e d b u t s y s t e m w o n 't l e t m e 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

JDelekto

Regular
Has anyone heard anything recently about BRCHF on the OTCQX market having any imposed alerts from the SEC?

Back in February, when BrainChip announced they were DTC eligible, I no longer had to pay a $50 foreign settlement fee through my broker, Fidelity Investments.

However, recently when I attempted to purchase more shares of BRCHF, the $50 fee appeared when I went to submit the order. I end up buying in small batches, so it would make more sense to buy a larger batch for the same fee later.

I inquired with Fidelity and they stated:

For this particular security, Brainchip Holdings LTD (BRCHF) has an SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) imposed alert, which makes the security DTC ineligible. At this time, you would incur a $50 fee to place a trade for BRCHF.

I did searches on the SEC Web site where they listed investor alerts and did not find anything related to BRCHF or BrainChip Holdings LTD, so I'm really at a loss as to why they are now DTC ineligible. I miss my free trades. :cry:

I guess it's time to send an e-mail to Investor Relations at BrainChip.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

MDhere

Regular
I feel like an upramper today which I try to avoid but if you have done your research you will be well aware that the above post is based completely on know facts as is the following:

Some of you out there are fans of Elon Musk and there is no denying his achievements so I thought based on his prediction I would provide a few more facts to consider:

1. Elon Musk has stated that robotics will be bigger than Tesla:
See - https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-60154782.amp

2. Alex the Rocket Scientist made the point in one of his podcasts last year that autonous vehicles of all description were all just robots whether it was cars drones or vacuum cleaners they were all just robots.

3. Tractica have predicted that the total semiconductor market in EV’s will be worth US 200 BILLION by 2040.

4. Brainchip is partnered with automotive manufacturers - robot makers.

5. Brainchip is partnered with Valeo an OEM to the automotive industry - robot makers.

6. Brainchip is partnered with Renesas the third largest supplier of semiconductors to the automotive industry - robot makers.

7. Brainchip is partnered with NASA and DARPA where the future of space flight and modern warfare is tied up with robotics.

8. Brainchip is partnered with MegaChips for various purposes one of which is industrial robots.

9. Brainchip is partnered with Nviso specifically for robotics.

10. Brainchip is partnered with SiFive to create an RISC-V Ai platform ideally suited for amongst other things you guessed it robotics.

11. Brainchip is partnered with ISL to make smart radar creating intelligent missiles - robots.

Elon Musk as I said has stated robotics will be bigger than Tesla.

Semiconductors for automotive by 2040 US 200 BILLION plus everything else where robots can be imagined from mining, homes, factories, aged care, drones, space, military, toys, farming the list goes on and on.

Just one tiny percent of this market is a huge number but what if first to market achieves 10%. The mind boggles.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yep you summed it up nicely FF! and the fact that Elon said robot will be a bigger market then cars in recent TED TALK (21.48mins) and will not always use over the air (23.23min)so its kept secure (sounds a bit of an "EDGY" statement to me) :)

Well summed up FF.

Dyor as i am just another relatively anonymous poster 🙂

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

GRN-BRN

Emerged
Cosors thanks for your posts. Glad your a "BrainChip" convertee along with us other nuts!

Have you heard anything in Germany about Elon Musk in talks with Merc at all last 1-2 days?? Supposed to be a utube video out about it.
Apparently he is supposed to be flashing cash around. Not sure if BS or not.

Cheers have a good weekend in some warmth!

Gute Nacht

Yak52

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

stuart888

Regular
Has anyone heard anything recently about BRCHF on the OTCQX market having any imposed alerts from the SEC?

Back in February, when BrainChip announced they were DTC eligible, I no longer had to pay a $50 foreign settlement fee through my broker, Fidelity Investments.

However, recently when I attempted to purchase more shares of BRCHF, the $50 fee appeared when I went to submit the order. I end up buying in small batches, so it would make more sense to buy a larger batch for the same fee later.

I inquired with Fidelity and they stated:

For this particular security, Brainchip Holdings LTD (BRCHF) has an SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) imposed alert, which makes the security DTC ineligible. At this time, you would incur a $50 fee to place a trade for BRCHF.

I did searches on the SEC Web site where they listed investor alerts and did not find anything related to BRCHF or BrainChip Holdings LTD, so I'm really at a loss as to why they are now DTC ineligible. I miss my free trades. :cry:

I guess it's time to send an e-mail to Investor Relations at BrainChip.
Awesome JDelekto for bringing this USA Fidelity issue up. Yesterday, I went to buy more shares of BRCHF via Fidelity here in Florida. Same issue, a $50 foreign exchange fee. I was not happy, as I wanted more Brainchip! There has been no fee for months and months, and I thought it was since May 13th 2021 otc upgrade.

So yes , out of no-where, the USA with Fidelity cannot buy BRCHF without a $50 fee. Which really means, a person can smartly only make larger purchases. Doing weekly smaller purchases is off the table. So I did not buy the shares I wanted to buy. It has bothered me.

Hope to get to the bottom of this, or maybe it is a temporary thing before an Elon/Brainchip partnership agreement! Great job to JDelekto! We want the USA Fidelity to buy, not stop the buying process when a big fee warning sentence pops up.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

dippY22

Regular
Awesome JDelekto for bringing this USA Fidelity issue up. Yesterday, I went to buy more shares of BRCHF via Fidelity here in Florida. Same issue, a $50 foreign exchange fee. I was not happy, as I wanted more Brainchip! There has been no fee for months and months, and I thought it was since May 13th 2021 otc upgrade.

So yes , out of no-where, the USA with Fidelity cannot buy BRCHF without a $50 fee. Which really means, a person can smartly only make larger purchases. Doing weekly smaller purchases is off the table. So I did not buy the shares I wanted to buy. It has bothered me.

Hope to get to the bottom of this, or maybe it is a temporary thing before an Elon/Brainchip partnership agreement! Great job to JDelekto! We want the USA Fidelity to buy, not stop the buying process when a big fee warning sentence pops up.
@JDelekto and @stuart888 .....Brainchip corporate most definitely needs to hear about this ASAP. It is disturbing. Can't help but but worry about this ....did Brainchip pay for DTC eligibility, I wonder? I will remain patient and wait to hear from a responsible spokesperson.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
@JDelekto and @stuart888 .....Brainchip corporate most definitely needs to hear about this ASAP. It is disturbing. Can't help but but worry about this ....did Brainchip pay for DTC eligibility, I wonder? I will remain patient and wait to hear from a responsible spokesperson.
Yesterday the ASX issued a notice to Brainchip because of the sudden increase in trading volume and price. Brainchip promptly answered the notice and trading continued on the ASX.

I wonder if it is as simple as this notice being picked up by SEC and flagged following which the BRN response was noted and the flag removed by the SEC.

The trading platform Fidelity may just not have caught up.

It does seem too much of a coincidence for the ASX notice and your $50 fee not to be connected.

Regards
FF

Reactions: 9 users

JDelekto

Regular

I did mention to Fidelity that I did not find anything on the SEC site regarding BrainChip and asked if they could provide a link to this information. They said that they could not, but instead sent me a link to BrainChip's investor relations page.

I probably won't hear anything until after the weekend, but there must be something about the requirements that makes them ineligible. Hopefully, this is something that won't come as a surprise to them as they seemed very excited to point this out as a win for investors back in February.

I'll let you know what I find out. I'll probably be sending the e-mail to their contact in North America since they would probably be more in tune with any notices from the SEC and copy Tony so that he is aware.

I hope they get that designation back, I don't like paying such a high fee. It's kind of like the reverse situation where you pay a fee to take money out of an ATM and the less you withdraw, the more usurious the interest.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

stuart888

Regular
Yesterday the ASX issued a notice to Brainchip because of the sudden increase in trading volume and price. Brainchip promptly answered the notice and trading continued on the ASX.

I wonder if it is as simple as this notice being picked up by SEC and flagged following which the BRN response was noted and the flag removed by the SEC.

It does seem too much of a coincidence for the ASX notice and your $50 fee not to be connected.

Regards
FF
Thanks to you. I will try to buy again on Monday morning shortly after 9:30am EST, which is the time for Florida, Miami, NY for those down under. I will report back if the $50 cost flag has been lifted.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

JDelekto

Regular

Regards
FF

That's an interesting thought. Our markets are trailing by 14 hours right now. However, I tried to purchase shares of the security around 10:00 AM EST on Thursday, and it wasn't until Friday morning that things spiked on the ASX.

Interestingly enough, one of my co-workers said he tried to also purchase more on the day before (Wednesday EST), and he too noticed that the fee was re-instated. Initially, we both thought that maybe Fidelity had done this in error since February and then "fixed the glitch", but based on Fidelity's response, it seems their DTC eligibility afforded us the waiver of the fee.

When did any type of activity occur that would have been considered a red flag to the SEC? It was certainly some time before 10:00 AM on the ASX open on Friday.

• Fire

Beebo

Regular

Regards
FF
This $50 foreign exchange fee has nothing to do with ASX. Not only Fidelity, but Schwab has had this fee forever and I have been paying it. At TDAmeritrade it has been an on/off case. It’s curious post DTC arrangement, I know…maybe Ken Scarince can take it up with OTC (?)

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
This $50 foreign exchange fee has nothing to do with ASX. Not only Fidelity, but Schwab has had this fee forever and I have been paying it. At TDAmeritrade it has been an on/off case. It’s curious post DTC arrangement, I know…maybe Ken Scarince can take it up with OTC (?)
You clearly did not understand my point. If you read JD’s post he received a response from Fidelity that the SEC has an alert on Brainchip and this is the reason they have imposed the fee.

“For this particular security, Brainchip Holdings LTD (BRCHF) has an SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) imposed alert, which makes the security DTC ineligible. At this time, you would incur a $50 fee to place a trade for BRCHF.”

He said he checked the SEC and cannot find any reference to an alert on Brainchip.

Being an Australian investor I don’t care if it costs you $50 to buy Brainchip shares but I do care if a US institution is telling potential investors that the SEC has Brainchip on an alert list when it appears to be untrue.

I would even think that you as an investor would consider this a more important issue than the fifty dollar fee.

Regards
FF

• Wow
Reactions: 20 users

Beebo

Regular
You clearly did not understand my point. If you read JD’s post he received a response from Fidelity that the SEC has an alert on Brainchip and this is the reason they have imposed the fee.

“For this particular security, Brainchip Holdings LTD (BRCHF) has an SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) imposed alert, which makes the security DTC ineligible. At this time, you would incur a $50 fee to place a trade for BRCHF.”

He said he checked the SEC and cannot find any reference to an alert on Brainchip.

Being an Australian investor I don’t care if it costs you $50 to buy Brainchip shares but I do care if a US institution is telling potential investors that the SEC has Brainchip on an alert list when it appears to be untrue.

I would even think that you as an investor would consider this a more important issue than the fifty dollar fee.

Regards
FF
FF, didn’t mean to sound snappy! 😀 All I’m saying is that fee has never gone away at Schwab. And I agree, the SEC note is more likely tied to the ASX speeding ticket. I’m not worried about the SEC note, but more worried about silly speeding tickets that impede a free market.

Reactions: 10 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
download.jpeg-49.jpg

Bite me asx...

• Thinking

JDelekto

Regular
FF, didn’t mean to sound snappy! 😀 All I’m saying is that fee has never gone away at Schwab. And I agree, the SEC note is more likely tied to the ASX speeding ticket. I’m not worried about the SEC note, but more worried about silly speeding tickets that impede a free market.

One of the benefits they mentioned when they were touting the DTC eligibility back in February was that it would make it easier for investors to acquire BRCHF and result in lower fees.

If your fees haven't been lowered or waived by Schwab, then you might want to inquire with them if the DTC eligibility would have an effect (assuming that it resumes at some point).

I appreciated the ability to buy with no fee in small batches because I could allocate a portion of my paycheck and then pounce when the price was right. :)

As it is now, my purchasing with be further and few between.

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Im probably completely wrong, but has anyone thought that maybe those x amount of shares that were being held and traded on https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/BCHPY/quote#trade-data. Have all no been gobbled up? So there having to be purchased elsewhere again hence the fee.

Maybe that’s why the rise in share price the last 2 days as they are trying to top up again

42 million shares have been brought over the last 2 days with a recently average off 6 million shares traded daily, hence 30 million shares have been gobbled up for some reason

Original amount purchased was 50 million so maybe they have to top up when it gets down to 20 million or even better that have run dry so still need another 20 milllion shares

@Fact Finder maybe you can take a look to see if there is anything in here to back up my theory in section 4.8 as it means nought to me

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
By the way I would actually prefer you did not have to pay the fee but Brainchip works in a space where it’s integrity and reputation need to be beyond reproach and so I react strongly when what appears to be a bureaucratic error can create a rumour that might reflect badly on the company.

It is one thing for an incompetent or corrupt ASX regulator to issue a price and volume notice when it was not required but it is another thing to have a notation that Brainchip is on an SEC alert without any explanation as to whether it is because of the CEO’s bad haircut or something less serious.

We know that Brainchip is working with DARPA & NASA and global tensions are at extreme levels. Now is not the time for bureaucrats to make errors that could delay or derail the progress of contract negotiations.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom