BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I have read pages and pages about the Katana Ai Edge platform from Synaptics and despite the claim they are low power and can run on a battery they appear to never have told anyone since introducing the platform in 2020 what low power actually means.

I also have a suspicion they use multiple Katana chips on the platform to run more than one function but again they are a bit vague but it does seem they are all pre-trained to the particular function so if you want to run a security camera it is set up for that purpose and cannot be further trained on device. Same for voice.

They had a low power function to count people entering a room but to achieve this low power (not quantified) they used a low resolution camera that provided images that would not allow you to identify the people.

Clearly the demonstration by Brainchip available on the video section of the website where AKIDA is identifying and naming people walking past a camera in a foyer serviced by lifts is well beyond them at the sort of power draw of AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

This looks like the inner edge ...

Synaptics:
US2021352347A1 ADAPTIVE VIDEO STREAMING SYSTEMS AND METHODS

Systems and method for streaming video content include downscaling video content using a downscaling model to generate downscaled video content and downloading the downscaled video content as a video stream and a corresponding upscaling model to a client device. The client device upscales the video stream using the received upscaling model for display by the client device in real-time. A training system trains the downscaling model to generate the downscaled video content, based on associated metadata identifying a type of video content. The downscaled video content and one or more associated upscaling models is stored for access by an edge server, which downloads a plurality of upscaling models to a client device configured to select an upscaling model for use by the client device. Example systems may include video streaming systems and video conferencing systems.

1651832161761.png

1651832096763.png

[0049] In various embodiments, the client device 550 may be configured to capture the camera stream at a resolution that both end points have determined to be optimal for the conditions, thereby avoiding the need to downscale the stream before transmission. For example, both end points can determine that they can stream at 720p and let the respective artificial intelligence (AI) upscaling models scale the streams to 4K. In other embodiments, peer-to-peer communications may be established without use of an intermediary session manager, for example, by using an application and/or protocol that determines the video resolution for streaming and predetermined upscaling neural network models for processing the incoming video stream(s). It will be appreciated that the video conferencing system may be used with more than two client devices in both the hosted and peer-to-peer implementations.
I know what others have posted but here is the actual facts. If as we all believe AKIDA is being used by Valeo then Brainchip is at the heart of this Mercedes advance:

Mercedes-Benz puts the self-driving driver on the road in its best models. (Photo: Mercedes-Benz)

In this six-month period, the time has come: Mercedes-Benz seeks to claim the pioneer role in driving freely and Run experimentsbring to the street. Shortly before the start of the year, the manufacturer of the prepayment was able to report that the verification had been completed,after CEO Ola Källenius announced this for 2021. With the approval of the Federal Motor Vehicle Authority (KBA) – in accordance with the technical authorization code UN-R157 – the system should start. in the new S-Class and then used in the EQS for all electronics.
After the work of driving freely has already been largely presented to the public, it is now a matter of adhering to an independent schedule. Market launch in Germany marks an important milestone. Introduction procedures are then scheduled at the end of the year, once there is a national legal framework that, in particular, allows for a shift from driving to work.

Drive Pilot announces a conceptual change​

yes Run experiments so previously it will take all the driving activities on German baans as long as only 60 kilometers per hour are not passed. According to the manufacturer, a total of 13,200 kilometers of route has been approved. The driver may dedicate himself to secondary activities, but he must be prepared to take the position. However, the system does not work in tunnels and parts of construction sites, when emergency vehicles are approaching or heavy rain.
“We are the first manufacturers to enter the production of automatic operating series in Germany”says Markus Schäfer, Daimler and Mercedes-Benz Management Board Member and Chief Technology Officer. “At this crucial point, we are once again demonstrating our pioneer work in automotive driving and we are also introducing a radical change of perspective. certain.

The new Lidar from Valeo becomes a key feature​

Technical basis of Run experiments creates a combination of radar, lidar, camera and microphone. ForDirections are provided with information from HD maps in the background and a positioning system that, according to Mercedes, goes far beyond conventional GPS systems. Non-essential steering and brake systems as well as the unlimited board network should ensure maneuver even in the event of a system failure.
The heart of the sensors is Lidar’s second generation Valeo Scala, which works in all light conditions, eliminates possible distortions – such as raindrops – by using software and should trigger an autonomous cleaning system if the field of vision is blocked by ice. or dust. According to the provider, the Lidar generation is celebrating its first show in the new S-Class.

Vision of free parking​

Not only driving, but also parking should be free. Similar to the evolution of Mind drivingfor Run experiments he gets Memory Store Assistant in level 2 of SAE, which facilitates learning in a specific parking space, a visionary partner. So it is with S-Class and EQS and that Mind of parking trials ready for Automatic valet parking (AVP) has been upgraded to SAE Level 4.
In multi-storey car parks with the necessary infrastructure, completely automatic and driver-free parking can be entered and delivered using smart phones. The vehicle is dropped off at a designated parking area, drives to free parking space and, if desired, returns to the pick-up area.

Mercedes-Benz explores the potential of synergies​

While autonomous parking continues to be tested alongside Bosch – in Stuttgart and Beijing, among other places – the two partners have been moving differently in the development of robotic taxis since the summer of 2021. belongs to the American company Luminar close to Nvida for the remaining prominent allies. It should be higher, cheaperDistribute clues to series production. Although Markus Schäfer emphasizes the importance of collaboration in this sense, it seems as if the group is focusing on their own competence. In doing so, he sets unlike competitors like Volkswagen – not only does it explicitly focus on autonomous driving functions for private vehicles, but it also always sets the possibility of co-operation with the test.
A good example of this is the development partnership with BMW, which will begin the 2020 summer season was suspended after one year. After the elephant wedding in the free-driving arena, which according to rumors Audi could also attend, German car manufacturers returned to normal – a competitive relationship. Because of “great efforts on a common technological basis”and “General terms of trade and economy”the partnership could not be successfully implemented, it was said at the time. Je! Run experiments if it hit the road in the near future, the Stuttgart company would have started well in the race against the competition

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I would think the elephant wedding in the free-driving arena would create a considerable traffic hazard - both hands on the wheel please.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
Stranger Stalking GIF

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
After we dropped from $2.30 back to a low of high $0.80’s, I wondered if some of the steam and sheen and come off BRN.

Today proves there’s plenty of spring still left in this coil. One solid announcement - stand back.

Love this ride.

Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
In my opinion this copy and paste part that has been part of their commentary in their past articles will appear again and again;

Should you invest $1,000 in BrainChip right now?

Before you consider BrainChip, you'll want to hear this.

Motley Fool Investing expert Scott Phillips just revealed what he believes are the 5 best stocks for investors to buy right now... and BrainChip wasn't one of them.
How i see MF in the future after all the paying out on BRN... bunch of numpties

obi GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220506-213232_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220506-213232_Twitter.jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
S

Straw

After we dropped from $2.30 back to a low of high $0.80’s, I wondered if some of the steam and sheen and come off BRN.

Today proves there’s plenty of spring still left in this coil. One solid announcement - stand back.

Love this ride.
Would much prefer to see a ratchet up of the share price. Not spring as it will bounce around like a rubber chicken and benefit the numpties/middlemen/manipulators. I can not bare the thought of pure bean counters and w........bankers benefiting from the trust/belief we have placed in the company/founders and the risk we have shared over many years. It makes me feel repulsed just thinking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

dippY22

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Look at the screen shot
Has the characteristics of AKIDA
Hi Tas,

That's an analog duck ....

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
postet by Renesas, I think our informatic freaks could tell us something about???

Reactions: 1 users
S

Straw

I won't say I haven't had doubts/frustrations at times and expressed it here and to the company. I also sold some of my shares (yes I know I've said) to have some life benefit (essentially had no money of any consequence and wouldn't have sold if I hadn't felt I owed it to my family and myself to at least restore what I lost on previous investments (ended up being quite a bit more than that) - very, VERY fortunate this worked out for me). I think at some point I commented to the company on the sale of shares by founders which I feel very embarrassed about now. From what I can see their commitment to their company's path has been second to none and they deserve all the financial benefit/kudos/good karma available to them.
I am blown away by what they have achieved. I am amazed and grateful beyond measure.

It still feels wrong to have benefited from their work. Trying to justify it to myself still.

Anyhow.... I've gone on another bloody rant :rolleyes:
Still hold 2/3 though! (of a big number)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Yak52

Regular
USA & EURO TRADING IN BRAINCHIP ARE UP!!!

brn BRCHF fri.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brn 24Y.MU Munich.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brn TRADEGATE.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIGGEST VOLUME is MUNICH. Have heard a rumour about MERC & ELON MUSK. Will check it out over the weekend
but if true then NOT surprised that Munich leads the trading in Europe at all.

Heres hoping prices hold and/or increase even more overnight in trading.

Yak52

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

cosors

👀
USA & EURO TRADING IN BRAINCHIP ARE UP!!!

View attachment 5774
View attachment 5775
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 5776

BIGGEST VOLUME is MUNICH. Have heard a rumour about MERC & ELON MUSK. Will check it out over the weekend
but if true then NOT surprised that Munich leads the trading in Europe at all.

Heres hoping prices hold and/or increase even more overnight in trading.

Yak52
Screenshot_2022-05-06-17-50-10-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Yak52

Regular
Some more info on RENESAS and the R-Car Consortium Partners

A "comprehensive" list of all Partners is linked below. Hundreds of companies many familiar to us.

The pic shows - MEGACHIPS listed. and SONY SEMICONDUCTOR along with others ie: WDC etc

Renesas R-Car Partners header.jpg

Renesas R-Car Partners.jpg

linked - RENESAS R-Car Partner lists

Somebody may like to take a "look" at these companies perhaps via the LINK.

Yak52

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

cosors

👀
Fortunately, I think far too often about buying;)

Nice that we have time in Germany until 22:00. I have greatly reduced my raw material stocks, because of the high oil prices, which will not fall. And chips are the new commodity. My head is full of ideas where to use Akida. It's beyond my imagination and it's big. We're just at the beginning of a drift.

I can't get Brainchip out of my brain 🤣 Better to give up and buy. Have a great weekend! This is where summer starts!

_______

Please cut me some slack. My English is abysmal and only Deep Learning and DeepL helps me to be half understood.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

Yak52

Regular
I think about buying way too often, thankfully ;)

Nice that we have time in Germany until 22:00. I have reduced my commodity stocks to a large extent, because of the high oil prices that will not fall. And Chips are the new commodity. My head is full of ideas where to use Akida. It's beyond my imagination and it's big. We are just at the beginning of a drift.

I can't get Brainchip out of my brain 🤣 Better to give in and buy. Have a great weekend! Here begins the summer!
Cosors thanks for your posts. Glad your a "BrainChip" convertee along with us other nuts!

Have you heard anything in Germany about Elon Musk in talks with Merc at all last 1-2 days?? Supposed to be a utube video out about it.
Apparently he is supposed to be flashing cash around. Not sure if BS or not.

Cheers have a good weekend in some warmth!

Gute Nacht

Yak52

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

cosors

👀
Cosors thanks for your posts. Glad your a "BrainChip" convertee along with us other nuts!

Have you heard anything in Germany about Elon Musk in talks with Merc at all last 1-2 days?? Supposed to be a utube video out about it.
Apparently he is supposed to be flashing cash around. Not sure if BS or not.

Cheers have a good weekend in some warmth!

Gute Nacht

Yak52
I have passed the question on to a real German Tesla fan or disciple. If, then he knows more. I will report back with his answer.

Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom