BRN Discussion Ongoing

manny100

Regular
Sort of explains the ARM/Qualcomm dispute pretty well.
There has been a fair bit of media chat about Qualcomm using RISC-V of late.
A combination of RISC-V and PICO could prove to be a powerful and cost effective solution. ARM however does have a reliable and strong eco support system already in place.
Will we see a move away from ARM for mobiles and Wearables?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Guzzi62

Regular
AI is already in phones:

The AI that's already in your phone​

We’re slowly getting used to Artificial Intelligence doing uncannily human things - chatting with us, creating pictures and videos. But so far, all of this AI has used a lot of computing power.
In the last year or so, we’ve seen a new type of computer chip made specifically for AI, and your mobile phone. Tech reporter, Spencer Kelly has been testing some of the latest AI features available to us.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

IMG_2964.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
In the past we have partnered with the likes of MagicEye on 3D object detection. I wonder if this announcement below involving our partner, Tata Exlsi, will open up a pathway to working with Forseight Autonomous Holdings on their 3D perception solutions?

Foresight and Tata Elxsi Sign Collaboration Agreement​

October 25, 2024 08:21 ET| Source: Foresight Autonomous Holdings Ltd.Follow

• The parties will collaborate to accelerate development of solutions for semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles using Foresight’s stereoscopic technology and Tata Elxsi’s integration solutions for marketing in the Indian automotive industry
Ness Ziona, Israel, Oct. 25, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Foresight Autonomous Holdings Ltd. (Nasdaq and TASE: FRSX) (“Foresight” or the “Company”), an innovator in automotive vision systems, announced today the signing of multi-phase collaboration agreement with Tata Elxsi Limited (“Tata Elxsi”), a leading global tier-one supplier of design and technology services, providing solutions across various industries, including the automotive, broadcast, communications, healthcare, and transportation industries.
The initial phase will include the development and commercialization of advanced solutions for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). These will be integrated into passenger vehicles, heavy machinery and agricultural vehicles manufactured by Tata Motors. Building on the success of the ADAS implementations, the parties will continue to develop and commercialize advanced services for semi and fully autonomous features to be integrated into various applications within the automotive industry.
Tata Elxsi will introduce and promote Foresight’s 3D perception solutions to its diverse customer base, starting with the Indian automotive industry, and subsequently targeting global automotive vehicle manufacturers. Furthermore, during the first half of 2025, Tata Elxsi plans to promote Foresight’s solutions to its existing customers in the heavy machinery and agriculture sectors.
Foresight’s 3D perception solutions are based on stereoscopic technology, using both visible-light and thermal infrared cameras, and proprietary algorithms to detect all objects and create high resolution 3D point clouds.
“We are excited to collaborate with Tata Elxsi to bring our advanced 3D perception technology to the Indian automotive industry. We believe that this collaboration will help us expand our footprint in the emerging Indian market, including in autonomous passenger vehicles, heavy machinery and agricultural equipment, thereby leading to safer and more efficient transportation options across India,” said Oren Bar-On, Chief Executive Officer of Foresight Asia.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
And another week goes by without a contract announcement.

2 months left for Sean to live up to his AGM statement of having deals done by the end of the year.

Tick, tock.
Maybe he wasn’t taking about deals but deals

1729921998369.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

BrainShit

Regular
Hi @Bravo,

the statement by Mercedes-Benz that Sally Ward-Foxton quoted in said September 2022 article was plucked straight from the 3 January 2022 VISION EQXX press release (https://media.mbusa.com/releases/re...range-and-efficiency-to-an-entirely-new-level), so it is now almost three years old.

View attachment 71758

However, that press release is nowhere to be found on the official webpage dedicated to the VISION EQXX (https://group.mercedes-benz.com/innovation/product-innovation/technology/vision-eqxx.html) - surprisingly, there is no reference to neuromorphic computing at all on that page.
This equally holds true for the German version of the VISION EQXX webpage: https://group.mercedes-benz.com/innovation/produktinnovation/technologie/vision-eqxx.html

In fact, there hasn’t been any reference whatsoever to neuromorphic computing on that webpage since April 4, 2022, as I was able to establish thanks to the Wayback Machine (https://web.archive.org - a cool internet archive that I stumbled upon the other day, which allows you to “Explore more than 916 billion web pages saved over time”): I can go back to the German version of that webpage and see that on 1 April 2022, MB still mentioned “Elemente der Benutzeroberfläche unterstützen die nahtlose Interaktion zwischen Fahrer und Fahrzeug. Unter anderem durch Künstliche Intelligenz (KI), die die Funktionsweise des menschlichen Gehirns nachahmt.” (“Elements of the user interface support seamless interaction between driver and vehicle. This includes Artificial Intelligence (AI) which mimics the way the human brain works.”) The webpage’s content was soon after replaced with a new text dated 4 April 2022 that no longer referred to brain-inspired/neuromorphic AI whatsoever. It has since been updated with links to articles about the VISION EQXX’s second and third long distant road trips over 1000 km in June 2022 (Stuttgart to Silverstone) and March 2024 (Riyadh to Dubai).

It is anyone’s guess why MB decided to no longer mention that the keyword spotting in their VISION EQXX concept car had been exceptionally energy-efficient due to it having been implemented on a neuromorphic chip (let alone on which one specifically), although they obviously continue to take great interest in this disruptive tech.

Did they possibly come to realise that it would take much longer to implement neuromorphic technology at scale than originally envisioned? Either from a technical perspective and/or from a legal one (automotive grade ISO certification etc)?

Did they at the time possibly not foresee the growing number of competitors in the neuromorphic space besides BrainChip and Intel that could equally be of interest to them and which they would now first like to explore in depth before making any far-reaching decisions?

I also happened to notice that the reference to the VISION EQXX on https://brainchip.com/markets has been deleted. Thanks to the Wayback Machine, we can tell that this must have happened sometime between mid-July and August 25.
The question is: Why was that reference (consisting of a picture of the MB concept car that we know utilised Akida as well as the relevant press release excerpt) taken down from the BrainChip website? 🤔

Doesn’t this strike you as odd, despite the Mercedes logo still being displayed on our landing page under “YOU’RE IN GOOD COMPANY”?

View attachment 71814

View attachment 71815

And how about the other points I raised in previous posts, such as

• the word potential in “positioning for a potential project collaboration with Mercedes” showing up in a 2023 BrainChip summer intern’s CV, which - as I already argued in January - suggested to me that Mercedes must have been weighing their options and were evaluating more than one neuromorphic processor last year? (Well, I feel vindicated, since they certainly were, as evidenced by MB’s recent announcement regarding research collaborations with both Intel and other consortium members of the NAOMI4Radar project (based on Loihi 2) on the one hand and with the University of Waterloo on the other hand, where the research will be led by Chris Eliasmith, who is co-founder and CTO of Applied Brain Research, a company that recently released their TSP1, which is “a single-chip solution for time series inference applications like real-time speech recognition (including keyword spotting), realistic text-to-speech synthesis, natural language control interfaces and other advanced sensor fusion applications.”) https://www.appliedbrainresearch.co...lution-for-full-vocabulary-speech-recognition

• the June 2024 MB job listing for a “Working student position in the field of Machine Learning & Neuromorphic Computing from August 2024” that mentioned “working with new chip technologies” and “deployment on neuromorphic chips”?

• the below comment by Magnus Östberg (“We are looking at all suitable solutions!”) after a BRN shareholder had expressed his hope that MB would be implementing BrainChip technology into their vehicles soon?
  • View attachment 71816

• the fact that we are not the only neuromorphic tech company that has the Mercedes-Benz logo prominently displayed on their website or on public presentation slides?

View attachment 71817

View attachment 71818

• the fact that earlier this year Innatera’s CEO Sumeet Kumar got likes on LinkedIn from two of the MB neuromorphic engineers - Gerrit Ecke and Alexander Janisch - after suggesting MB should also talk to Innatera regarding neuromorphic computing?
View attachment 71824

• the reference to NMC (neuromorphic computing) being considered a “möglicher Lösungsweg” (possible/potential solution) in the recent presentation at Hochschule Karlsruhe by MB engineer Dominik Blum
    (https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-439352) and the table with several competing neuromorphic hardware offerings in one of his presentation slides titled “Neuromorphic computing is a young field of research … with a lot of open questions, e.g.:”
View attachment 71822

And then there is also a recent Master’s thesis sort of connected to MB’s neuromorphic research (more on that later, as posts have a limit of 10 upload images) that strengthens my belief that MB are still weighing their options…

Lots of points raised that cannot simply be glossed over and that suggest to me Mercedes-Benz is nowhere near to implementing neuromorphic technology at scale into serial cars.

Interested to hear your or anyone else’s thoughts on those points.

Hi @Bravo,

the statement by Mercedes-Benz that Sally Ward-Foxton quoted in said September 2022 article was plucked straight from the 3 January 2022 VISION EQXX press release (https://media.mbusa.com/releases/re...range-and-efficiency-to-an-entirely-new-level), so it is now almost three years old.

View attachment 71758

However, that press release is nowhere to be found on the official webpage dedicated to the VISION EQXX (https://group.mercedes-benz.com/innovation/product-innovation/technology/vision-eqxx.html) - surprisingly, there is no reference to neuromorphic computing at all on that page.
This equally holds true for the German version of the VISION EQXX webpage: https://group.mercedes-benz.com/innovation/produktinnovation/technologie/vision-eqxx.html

In fact, there hasn’t been any reference whatsoever to neuromorphic computing on that webpage since April 4, 2022, as I was able to establish thanks to the Wayback Machine (https://web.archive.org - a cool internet archive that I stumbled upon the other day, which allows you to “Explore more than 916 billion web pages saved over time”): I can go back to the German version of that webpage and see that on 1 April 2022, MB still mentioned “Elemente der Benutzeroberfläche unterstützen die nahtlose Interaktion zwischen Fahrer und Fahrzeug. Unter anderem durch Künstliche Intelligenz (KI), die die Funktionsweise des menschlichen Gehirns nachahmt.” (“Elements of the user interface support seamless interaction between driver and vehicle. This includes Artificial Intelligence (AI) which mimics the way the human brain works.”) The webpage’s content was soon after replaced with a new text dated 4 April 2022 that no longer referred to brain-inspired/neuromorphic AI whatsoever. It has since been updated with links to articles about the VISION EQXX’s second and third long distant road trips over 1000 km in June 2022 (Stuttgart to Silverstone) and March 2024 (Riyadh to Dubai).

It is anyone’s guess why MB decided to no longer mention that the keyword spotting in their VISION EQXX concept car had been exceptionally energy-efficient due to it having been implemented on a neuromorphic chip (let alone on which one specifically), although they obviously continue to take great interest in this disruptive tech.

Did they possibly come to realise that it would take much longer to implement neuromorphic technology at scale than originally envisioned? Either from a technical perspective and/or from a legal one (automotive grade ISO certification etc)?

Did they at the time possibly not foresee the growing number of competitors in the neuromorphic space besides BrainChip and Intel that could equally be of interest to them and which they would now first like to explore in depth before making any far-reaching decisions?

I also happened to notice that the reference to the VISION EQXX on https://brainchip.com/markets has been deleted. Thanks to the Wayback Machine, we can tell that this must have happened sometime between mid-July and August 25.
The question is: Why was that reference (consisting of a picture of the MB concept car that we know utilised Akida as well as the relevant press release excerpt) taken down from the BrainChip website? 🤔

Doesn’t this strike you as odd, despite the Mercedes logo still being displayed on our landing page under “YOU’RE IN GOOD COMPANY”?

View attachment 71814

View attachment 71815

And how about the other points I raised in previous posts, such as

• the word potential in “positioning for a potential project collaboration with Mercedes” showing up in a 2023 BrainChip summer intern’s CV, which - as I already argued in January - suggested to me that Mercedes must have been weighing their options and were evaluating more than one neuromorphic processor last year? (Well, I feel vindicated, since they certainly were, as evidenced by MB’s recent announcement regarding research collaborations with both Intel and other consortium members of the NAOMI4Radar project (based on Loihi 2) on the one hand and with the University of Waterloo on the other hand, where the research will be led by Chris Eliasmith, who is co-founder and CTO of Applied Brain Research, a company that recently released their TSP1, which is “a single-chip solution for time series inference applications like real-time speech recognition (including keyword spotting), realistic text-to-speech synthesis, natural language control interfaces and other advanced sensor fusion applications.”) https://www.appliedbrainresearch.co...lution-for-full-vocabulary-speech-recognition

• the June 2024 MB job listing for a “Working student position in the field of Machine Learning & Neuromorphic Computing from August 2024” that mentioned “working with new chip technologies” and “deployment on neuromorphic chips”?

• the below comment by Magnus Östberg (“We are looking at all suitable solutions!”) after a BRN shareholder had expressed his hope that MB would be implementing BrainChip technology into their vehicles soon?
  • View attachment 71816

• the fact that we are not the only neuromorphic tech company that has the Mercedes-Benz logo prominently displayed on their website or on public presentation slides?

View attachment 71817

View attachment 71818

• the fact that earlier this year Innatera’s CEO Sumeet Kumar got likes on LinkedIn from two of the MB neuromorphic engineers - Gerrit Ecke and Alexander Janisch - after suggesting MB should also talk to Innatera regarding neuromorphic computing?
View attachment 71824

• the reference to NMC (neuromorphic computing) being considered a “möglicher Lösungsweg” (possible/potential solution) in the recent presentation at Hochschule Karlsruhe by MB engineer Dominik Blum
    (https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-439352) and the table with several competing neuromorphic hardware offerings in one of his presentation slides titled “Neuromorphic computing is a young field of research … with a lot of open questions, e.g.:”
View attachment 71822

And then there is also a recent Master’s thesis sort of connected to MB’s neuromorphic research (more on that later, as posts have a limit of 10 upload images) that strengthens my belief that MB are still weighing their options…

Lots of points raised that cannot simply be glossed over and that suggest to me Mercedes-Benz is nowhere near to implementing neuromorphic technology at scale into serial cars.

Interested to hear your or anyone else’s thoughts on those points.

Fully agreed... Mercedes-Benz is nowhere near to implementing neuromorphic technology at scale into serial cars.

BrainShit

Regular
Probably been posted before. Explains PICO quite well.
Those that can 'speak and understand tech' can correct me but it appears that for mobile phones and wearables ARM is just a popular choice rather than essential.
RISC-V is a less common alternative but being an open source is free. On the other hand ARM is optimized for mobiles etc.
How would PICO/AKIDA work with RISC-V?
Is Qualcomm talking RISC-V purely as a threat to ARM??? Or would they really contemplate an RISC-V/PICO combo???\

Sort of explains the ARM/Qualcomm dispute pretty well.
There has been a fair bit of media chat about Qualcomm using RISC-V of late.
A combination of RISC-V and PICO could prove to be a powerful and cost effective solution. ARM however does have a reliable and strong eco support system already in place.
Will we see a move away from ARM for mobiles and Wearables?

I don't think Qualcomm's customers would welcome a technology / architecture change so easy. All products would have to be re-developed, adapted, implemented and retested*... we're at the same point with Akida. Guess why no product is out there and we got just research- / evaluation projects? Except the beacon from ANT61 and the Cup cake from Unigen... but these are just single and small unit solutions.

If Qualcomm would be able to cross out ARM and switches to RISC-V ... that would an great enabler for BrainChip. But I guarantee, Qualcomm will never do that in the next short-term years.

*RISC-V and ARM use different Instruction Set Architectures (ISAs).

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

manny100

Regular
I don't think Qualcomm's customers would welcome a technology / architecture change so easy. All products would have to be re-developed, adapted, implemented and retested*... we're at the same point with Akida. Guess why no product is out there and we got just research- / evaluation projects? Except the beacon from ANT61 and the Cup cake from Unigen... but these are just single and small unit solutions.

If Qualcomm would be able to cross out ARM and switches to RISC-V ... that would an great enabler for BrainChip. But I guarantee, Qualcomm will never do that in the next short-term years.

May well be but then Qualcomm will need to cave in and bow to ARM's demands. It will be interesting to see how this pans out?
Is Qualcomm bluffing? RISC-V is free and ARM is trying to screw Qualcomm.
See link to article outlining Qualcomm's plans titled

"Qualcomm VP discusses its 'next' chip for Wear OS watches"​

" Qualcomm and Google are "working on it" right now, and I'm assuming 2025 is the target to have RISC-V software optimized."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

manny100

Regular
May well be but then Qualcomm will need to cave in and bow to ARM's demands. It will be interesting to see how this pans out?
Is Qualcomm bluffing? RISC-V is free and ARM is trying to screw Qualcomm.
See link to article outlining Qualcomm's plans titled

"Qualcomm VP discusses its 'next' chip for Wear OS watches"​

" Qualcomm and Google are "working on it" right now, and I'm assuming 2025 is the target to have RISC-V software optimized."
A quote from the article in my previous post.
My bold:
" In 2023, Qualcomm and Google announced that they're co-developing an open-source RISC-V Snapdragon Wear platform that moves away from Arm cores for more efficient, custom-built CPUs. It sounded promising, but a year later, Qualcomm spent its Summit focused on its Snapdragon 8 Elite with custom Oryon cores, barely mentioning wearables.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

BrainShit

Regular
The brochure of Akida Pico.

Attachments

• BC_Akida-Pico-Brochure.pdf
    272.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

BrainShit

Regular
A quote from the article in my previous post.
My bold:
" In 2023, Qualcomm and Google announced that they're co-developing an open-source RISC-V Snapdragon Wear platform that moves away from Arm cores for more efficient, custom-built CPUs. It sounded promising, but a year later, Qualcomm spent its Summit focused on its Snapdragon 8 Elite with custom Oryon cores, barely mentioning wearables.

They're not bluffing and I would do the same, kind of kicking out the "man-in-the-middle" and reduce production costs (get rid of licence fees) and consumer product costs.

But Qualcomm needs / have to convince customer who will go the same way. In my opinion this takes time (1-3 years). Customer who already play around with alternatives may adopt a new processor architecture within 1-2 years. One major point is reducing costs. The bitter part is ... new development, tests etc..

The good part is, Akida plays well with RISC-V and ARM.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

manny100

Regular
They're not bluffing and I would do the same, kind of kicking out the "man-in-the-middle" and reduce production costs (get rid of licence fees) and consumer product costs.

But Qualcomm needs / have to convince customer who will go the same way. In my opinion this takes time (1-3 years). Customer who already play around with alternatives may adopt a new processor architecture within 1-2 years. One major point is reducing costs. The bitter part is ... new development, tests etc..

Yep, Qualcomm's strategy would have to similar to BRN's who talk to their client's customers. Tony (chairman) outlined this strategy briefly at the AGM.

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

So why are you here on this forum? With all of the answers you have given above. What is it that you think BrainChip can bring to the table BrainShit?

Great name by the way??!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

BrainShit

Regular
So why are you here on this forum? With all of the answers you have given above. What is it that you think BrainChip can bring to the table BrainShit?

Ther're some advantages which BrainChip can provide. The question is, if they're so good and got a benefit that a customer will spend money, time and effort in / with it.

I'm at gym right now, short in discussions... u know biceps & brain.

I love the name... it wins either way 😁

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

BrainShit

Regular

ANS 1. I'm here purely to exchange information and speculation.

ANS 3. Eighter it is the shit or a shit... one of them will be correct.

ANS 2. Assuming that you mean the table with Qualcomm, RISC-V and BrainChip

BrainChip brings its neuromorphic AI technology, specifically the Akida processor, its network and known partnerships to the collaboration.

Technology side:
  1. Ultra-low power consumption
  2. On-chip learning capabilities
  3. Event-based …… ahh, you know all that stuff
  4. ……...
  5. ………
  6. TENNs ……
  7. ...
Network side (which can help … ):
  1. Steven Brightfield, BrainChip's current Chief Marketing Officer, has over 20 years of experience in the semiconductor industry, including a position at Qualcomm, according to his profile. He was involved in the development and market launch of new semiconductor products. … I like Steven, he can speak fluently and straight.
  2. Tony Lewis, BrainChip's Chief Technology Officer, also held a significant position at Qualcomm. At Qualcomm, he was in charge of neuromorphic computing, deep learning and robotics.
  3. BrainChip and SiFive partnered already to deploy AI/ML Technology at the Edge
    Quote of Phil Dworsky, Global Head of Strategic Alliances at SiFive: Through our collaboration with BrainChip, we are enabling the combination of SiFive’s RISC-V processor IP portfolio and BrainChip’s 2nd generation Akida neuromorophic IP to provide a power-efficient, high capability solution for AI processing on the Edge. Deeply embedded applications can benefit from the combination of compact SiFive Essential™ processors with BrainChip’s Akida-E, efficient processors; more complex applications including object detection, robotics, and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow Processors tightly integrated with BrainChip’s Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors.”
But all this doesn't change the fact that Qualcomm has to convince its customers to at least change/evolve their products (because the new architecture provides the following benefit for customer X, customer Y, customer Z....) and take some money in hand. Qualcomm has to go a "dual vendor" strategy as long as they can.

But this collaboration could offer a unique value proposition by combining the strengths of all three parties. It would provide high-performance, energy-efficient AI processing capabilities suitable for a wide range of edge computing applications. The open nature of RISC-V, coupled with BrainChip's advanced AI technology and Qualcomm's market presence, could position this chip as a formidable competitor in the AI chip market, potentially challenging established players like ARM and x86 in certain segments.

Marketing has really work to do (carving out the individual benefits for each customer!) if they going that way...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

manny100

Regular

It's a sure thing that Qualcomm has already spoken to clients about a change of chip for wearables. There is no way a Qualcomm VP would tell a journalist before they had discussions with clients. It looks like Qualcomm intend to move away from ARM for wearables as early as 2025.
From the article:
" In 2023, Qualcomm and Google announced that they're co-developing an open-source RISC-V Snapdragon Wear platform that moves away from Arm cores for more efficient, custom-built CPUs. "
" Up until now, smartwatches using Arm cores have had the challenge of scaling up to smartphone-level functions on a battery that's an order of magnitude smaller, Bekis says. Now they're "considering something new" — which isn't a surprise, given the current Qualcomm-Arm legal fight."

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

ANS 1. I'm here purely to exchange information and speculation.

ANS 3. Eighter it is the shit or a shit... one of them will be correct.

ANS 2. Assuming that you mean the table with Qualcomm, RISC-V and BrainChip

BrainChip brings its neuromorphic AI technology, specifically the Akida processor, its network and known partnerships to the collaboration.

Technology side:
  1. Ultra-low power consumption
  2. On-chip learning capabilities
  3. Event-based …… ahh, you know all that stuff
  4. ……...
  5. ………
  6. TENNs ……
  7. ...
Network side (which can help … ):
  1. Steven Brightfield, BrainChip's current Chief Marketing Officer, has over 20 years of experience in the semiconductor industry, including a position at Qualcomm, according to his profile. He was involved in the development and market launch of new semiconductor products. … I like Steven, he can speak fluently and straight.
  2. Tony Lewis, BrainChip's Chief Technology Officer, also held a significant position at Qualcomm. At Qualcomm, he was in charge of neuromorphic computing, deep learning and robotics.
  3. BrainChip and SiFive partnered already to deploy AI/ML Technology at the Edge
    Quote of Phil Dworsky, Global Head of Strategic Alliances at SiFive: Through our collaboration with BrainChip, we are enabling the combination of SiFive’s RISC-V processor IP portfolio and BrainChip’s 2nd generation Akida neuromorophic IP to provide a power-efficient, high capability solution for AI processing on the Edge. Deeply embedded applications can benefit from the combination of compact SiFive Essential™ processors with BrainChip’s Akida-E, efficient processors; more complex applications including object detection, robotics, and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow Processors tightly integrated with BrainChip’s Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors.”
But all this doesn't change the fact that Qualcomm has to convince its customers to at least change/evolve their products (because the new architecture provides the following benefit for customer X, customer Y, customer Z....) and take some money in hand. Qualcomm has to go a "dual vendor" strategy as long as they can.

But this collaboration could offer a unique value proposition by combining the strengths of all three parties. It would provide high-performance, energy-efficient AI processing capabilities suitable for a wide range of edge computing applications. The open nature of RISC-V, coupled with BrainChip's advanced AI technology and Qualcomm's market presence, could position this chip as a formidable competitor in the AI chip market, potentially challenging established players like ARM and x86 in certain segments.

Marketing has really work to do (carving out the individual benefits for each customer!) if they going that way..
Great response! (y)

I agree, BrainChip has it's work cut out for it. Qualcomm is certainly a formidable competitor. Here's hoping BrainChip and Qualcomm wind up becoming partners rather than adversaries.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

Neuromorphic Computing Market worth $1,325.2 million by 2030 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™​

News provided by​

MarketsandMarkets
Oct 25, 2024, 10:01 ET

Share this article​

https://thestockexchange.com.au/javascript:;
https://thestockexchange.com.au/javascript:;

DELRAY BEACH, Fla., Oct. 25, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- The neuromorphic computing market is expected to grow from USD 28.5 million in 2024 and is estimated to reach USD 1,325.2 million by 2030; it is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 89.7% from 2024 to 2030 according to a new report by MarketsandMarkets™. Growth in the neuromorphic computing market is driven through the integration of neuromorphic computing in automotive and space operations. In space, where bandwidth is limited, and the communication delay might be considered large, onboard processing capabilities are crucial. The neuromorphic processor analyzes and filters data at the point of collection, reducing the need to transmit large datasets back to Earth. whereas, in automobile sector, neuromorphic processors can make autonomous driving systems more responsive by onboard real-time processing with minimal latency so that safety is ensured along with efficiency.

MarketsandMarkets Logo
MarketsandMarkets Logo
Download PDF Brochure: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=227703024
Browse in-depth TOC on "Neuromorphic Computing Market"
167 – Tables
69 – Figures
256 – Pages
Neuromorphic Computing Market Report Scope:

Report CoverageDetails
Market Revenue in 2024$ 28.5 million
Estimated Value by 2030$ 1,325.2 million
Growth RatePoised to grow at a CAGR of 89.7%
Market Size Available for2020–2030
Forecast Period2024–2030
Forecast UnitsValue (USD Million/Billion)
Report CoverageRevenue Forecast, Competitive Landscape, Growth Factors, and Trends
Segments CoveredBy Offering, Deployment, Application, Sensor Fusion and Region
Geographies CoveredNorth America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World
Key Market ChallengeMatching a human's flexibility and ability to learn from unstructured stimuli data
Key Market OpportunitiesIncreasing adoption of neuromorphic computing solutions in healthcare sector
Key Market DriversGrowing application of AI and ML fuelling demand for neuromorphic computing
By Offering, software segment is projected to grow at a high CAGR of neuromorphic computing market during the forecast period.
The software segment is expected to grow at a fast rate in the forecasted period. Neuromorphic software has its roots in models of neural systems. Such systems entail spiking neural networks (SNNs), that attempt to replicate the properties of biological neurons in terms of their firing patterns. In contrast to the typical artificial neural networks using continuous activation functions, SNNs utilize discrete spikes for communication, a feature that is also found in the brain. With intelligence embedded directly into the edge devices and IoT sensors, the potential for neuromorphic systems to perform even the most complex tasks such as pattern recognition and adaptive learning with considerably less power consumption remains. This efficiency stretches the lifetime of device operations while cutting down on the overall energy footprint, thus spurring demand for neuromorphic software that can harness these benefits and optimize performance for real-world edge and IoT applications.
By deployment, cloud segment will account for the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Cloud segment will account for the high CAGR in the forecasted period. Cloud computing benefits from offering central processing power, which enables large-scale computational resources and storage capacities accessible from remote data centers. This is useful because neuromorphic computing, has been very often associated with complex algorithms and large-scale data processing. In the cloud, such huge resources can be utilized to train neuromorphic models, run large-scale simulations, and process enormous datasets. The scalable infrastructure of cloud platforms allows neuromorphic computing applications to dynamically adjust resources according to demand. It is a key factor for the training and deployment of high-scale neuromorphic networks, as their computation requirements are considerable especially during peak loads, driving its demand in the market.
Natural language processing (NLP) segment is projected to grow at a high CAGR of neuromorphic computing market during the forecast period.
Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a branch of artificial intelligence focused on giving computers the ability to understand text and spoken words in much the same way human beings can. NLP represents a promising application of neuromorphic computing, leveraging the brain- inspired design of spiking neural networks (SNNs) to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of language data processing. Low-power, high-performance solutions are required by the expanding demand for real-time efficient language processing in devices-from smartphones to IoT devices. Neuromorphic computing fits well within these requirements with its energy-efficient architecture. Progress over time with improvements in SNNs is also advancing its ability to approach complex NLP tasks, which are closer to being adapted for commercial and industrial markets. SNNs provide improved energy efficiency, demonstrated through being able to achieve up to 32x better energy efficiency during inference and 60x during training compared with traditional deep neural networks, further underlines the benefits of adding neuromorphic computing to NLP systems. Besides cost-efficiency in the field of NLP systems, such efficiency enables deploying complex language models even on devices with reduced resources. This leads to making neuromorphic NLP applications even more relevant to wider adoption and growth.
Industrial vertical in neuromorphic computing market will account for the high CAGR by 2030.
Industrial segment will account for the high CAGR in the forecasted period. In the industrial vertical, manufacturing companies use neuromorphic computing for developing and testing end products, manufacturing delicate electronic components, printing products, metal product finishing, testing of machines, and security purpose. Neuromorphic computing can be used in these processes to store the data in chips, and the images can be extracted from the devices for further use. Neuromorphic computing also helps monitor the condition of the machines by analyzing the previous signals and comparing them with current signals. These advantages lead to high demand for neuromorphic processors and software in industrial vertical.
Inquiry Before Buying: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Enquiry_Before_BuyingNew.asp?id=227703024
Asia Pacific will account for the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The neuromorphic computing industry in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR due to a high adoption rate of new technologies in this region. High economic growth, witnessed by the major countries such as China and India, is also expected to drive the growth of the neuromorphic computing market in APAC. BrainChip, Inc. (Australia), SynSense (China), MediaTek Inc. (Taiwan), SAMSUNG (South Korea), Sony Corporation (Japan), are some of the key players providing neuromorphic hardware and software in the region. In China, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore, for instance, significant investments have been made in neuromorphic research and infrastructure. This has fostered close relationships between academia, industry, and government, facilitating major breakthroughs in machine learning, natural language processing, and robotics that have propelled the development of neuromorphic technologies.
Key Players
Key companies operating in the neuromorphic computing companies are Intel Corporation (US), IBM (US), Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. (US), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Sony Corporation (Japan), BrainChip, Inc. (Australia), SynSense (China), MediaTek Inc. (Taiwan), NXP Semiconductors (Netherlands), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (US), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP (US), OMNIVISION (US), among others.
Get 10% Free Customization on this Report:
https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestCustomizationNew.asp?id=227703024
Browse Adjacent Market: Semiconductor and Electronics Market Research Reports &Consulting
Related Reports:
AI Chip Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Growth Analysis Report by Offerings (GPU, CPU, FPGA, NPU, TPU, Trainium, Inferentia, T-head, Athena ASIC, MTIA, LPU, Memory (DRAM (HBM, DDR)), Network (NIC/Network Adapters, Interconnects)), Function (Training, Inference) & Region – Global Forecast to 2029
Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Market Size, Share & Industry Trends Analysis Report by Configuration (Low-end FPGA, Mid-range FPGA, High-end FPGA), Technology (SRAM, Flash, Antifuse), Node Size (=16 nm, 20-90 nm, >90 nm), Vertical (Telecommunications, Data Center & Computing, Automotive) & Region - Global Forecast to 2029
Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing Market Size, Share & Industry Growth Analysis Report by Offering (Hardware, Software, Services), Technology (Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing), Application (Predictive Maintenance & Machinery Inspection, Cybersecurity) - Global Forecast to 2028
About MarketsandMarkets™
MarketsandMarkets™ has been recognized as one of America's best management consulting firms by Forbes, as per their recent report.
MarketsandMarkets™ is a blue ocean alternative in growth consulting and program management, leveraging a man-machine offering to drive supernormal growth for progressive organizations in the B2B space. We have the widest lens on emerging technologies, making us proficient in co-creating supernormal growth for clients.
Earlier this year, we made a formal transformation into one of America's best management consulting firms as per a survey conducted by Forbes.
The B2B economy is witnessing the emergence of $25 trillion of new revenue streams that are substituting existing revenue streams in this decade alone. We work with clients on growth programs, helping them monetize this $25 trillion opportunity through our service lines - TAM Expansion, Go-to-Market (GTM) Strategy to Execution, Market Share Gain, Account Enablement, and Thought Leadership Marketing.
Built on the 'GIVE Growth' principle, we work with several Forbes Global 2000 B2B companies - helping them stay relevant in a disruptive ecosystem. Our insights and strategies are molded by our industry experts, cutting-edge AI-powered Market Intelligence Cloud, and years of research. The KnowledgeStore™ (our Market Intelligence Cloud) integrates our research, facilitates an analysis of interconnections through a set of applications, helping clients look at the entire ecosystem and understand the revenue shifts happening in their industry.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning,

Sean is within about 3 weeks of completing his first 3 years of his proposed 5 year business plan, which as you all know was presented
and accepted by our Board.

So that tells me that things (hopefully) are starting to tighten up, meaning a number of his projects must be well circled by now creating
the domino effect we all wish to see....this IP gig is no easy walk in the park, just as ARM discovered in their early days, combined with the
disruptive element thrown into the mix.

To think that the Board isn't well aware of our current situation would be naive, they would obviously know with whom we are dealing
with, the timelines involved, but to say or think that they would be feeling totally relaxed would be, in my opinion wrong, their job is to
oversee the entire operation, challenge the CEO where they, as one voice, think things may have stalled or veered off course.

Just one shareholders views.

Tech. :rolleyes::coffee:

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom