BRN Discussion Ongoing

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Noice.

It does use their SiFive Intelligence (x280 and x390) which is what they initially said would be a good fit with BrainChip “More complex applications such as object recognition, robotics and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow processors, which are tightly integrated with BrainChip's Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors.”

come on @Diogenese

🤞

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Haven't been back since I joined TSEx. What always perplexed me was why anyone would devote so much energy to dissing a share over such an extended time period.

It seems to me the sensible thing to do if you don't like a share's prospects, is to say so and then walk away, or simply walk away. But it seems that these benificent crusaders are hell bent on saving investors from their own folly over an interminable period of time, no matter how much energy they have to devote to the task. They deserve a medal for devotion to lost causes.
"But it seems that these benificent crusaders are hell bent on saving investors from their own folly over an interminable period of time, no matter how much energy they have to devote to the task"

I think that's only true, in very rare cases.

"Characters" like the cat and mouse, are there for the sole purpose of attempting to influence negatively, the sentiment of shareholders, for their or others direct financial benefit, in my opinion.

Whether that's for trading purposes, shorting, or accumulation.

They are just low life scum.

They "may" be "successful" and drive flash high end cars, from their exploitive methods, but that doesn't change the fact, that they are the gutter trash of humanity.

They are just monkeys, in silk suits.

This is an actual doxxed photograph, of T&J.

Screenshot_20241012-162355_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

JDelekto

Regular
Haven't been back since I joined TSEx. What always perplexed me was why anyone would devote so much energy to dissing a share over such an extended time period.

It seems to me the sensible thing to do if you don't like a share's prospects, is to say so and then walk away, or simply walk away. But it seems that these benificent crusaders are hell bent on saving investors from their own folly over an interminable period of time, no matter how much energy they have to devote to the task. They deserve a medal for devotion to lost causes.
Having grown up during the early days of Bulletin Board Systems, Genie, and Delphi forums, and watching the evolution of Usenet and other social media forums over the years, I sense that some of those individuals may not even be trading in the stock.

There are people whose schadenfreude gives them a dopamine hit whenever they get a reaction (especially negative) from random strangers. Unfortunately, stock forums are easy targets for these people, as they know winning or losing money is an emotional rollercoaster. The main people discussing the stock have their money invested with emotional involvement with its gain or loss.

They know people will look at their advertised sentiment before reading their posts, proudly touted as "not held" and "sell". Not necessarily because they are savvy analysts looking to provide free guidance to novice investors who might lose their money, but because they know people will read their sophomoric posts, usually filled with negative or inflammatory content --said content resulting in an emotional flurry of responses from one or more persons.

Once they get this, they've won. They exhibit the behavior of the common internet troll. Posting responses quickly, name-calling, providing a deluge of postings to drown out substantive ones, necroing old threads they know will get a rise from the original poster, or curious others looking for new content on an old topic.

I wish that people in general could peel back the curtain on the intent of these persons and see them for who they are. They don't necessarily need to toggle the ignore on them. This makes the context of the threads an annoying morass to slog through. Instead, I wish they would stop fueling them with a response. Whether they denigrate the stock one invests in or hurl insults at them or their family members, people should learn the art of self-restraint and the patience to ignore these individuals.

Give them enough rope to hang themselves and see them for the internet trolls they truly are as they unmask themselves. Like a fire, remove the oxygen, and they will move on to other easier targets or disappear altogether.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

7für7

Top 20
"But it seems that these benificent crusaders are hell bent on saving investors from their own folly over an interminable period of time, no matter how much energy they have to devote to the task"

I think that's only true, in very rare cases.

"Characters" like the cat and mouse, are there for the sole purpose of attempting to influence negatively, the sentiment of shareholders, for their or others direct financial benefit, in my opinion.

Whether that's for trading purposes, shorting, or accumulation.

They are just low life scum.

They "may" be "successful" and drive flash high end cars, from their exploitive methods, but that doesn't change the fact, that they are the gutter trash of humanity.

They are just monkeys, in silk suits.

This is an actual doxxed photograph, of T&J.

View attachment 70884
Unfortunately I think this sophisticated monkey would be very pissed of if he would know you compare him with someone who looks actually like this… it’s his new profile picture btw… (no it’s not.. it’s AI generated)

IMG_6891.jpeg

Or like this

IMG_6892.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

7für7

Top 20
Last one because its Saturday and we all have a sense of humour!

IMG_6893.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Noice.

It does use their SiFive Intelligence (x280 and x390) which is what they initially said would be a good fit with BrainChip “More complex applications such as object recognition, robotics and more can take advantage of SiFive X280 Intelligence™ AI Dataflow processors, which are tightly integrated with BrainChip's Akida-S or Akida-P neural processors.”

come on @Diogenese

🤞
Hi Terri,

Ida No.

I haven't seen much about BRN/SiFive since the original April 2022 announcement.

However, here are some benchmarks for comparison with Pico:

https://brainchip.com/sifive-and-brainchip-partner-to-demo-ip-compatibility/

SiFive and BrainChip Partner to Demo IP Compatibility​

By Sally Ward-Foxton

April 20, 2022

SiFive and BrainChip have partnered to show their IP is compatible in SoC designs for embedded artificial intelligence (AI). The companies have demonstrated BrainChip’s neuromorphic processing unit (NPU) IP working alongside SiFive’s RISC–V host processor IP.

Brainchip’s NPU processor IP, the basis for its Akida chip, is a neuromorphic processor designed to accelerate spiking neural networks. This IP can be used to analyze inputs from most sensor types, including cameras, to provide ultra–low power analysis in real–time applications.

A recent BrainChip demo showed its Akida chip in a vehicle, detecting the driver, recognizing the driver’s face, and identifying their voice simultaneously.

Keyword spotting required 600 µW,

facial recognition needed 22 mW, and

the visual wake–word inference used to detect the driver was 6–8 mW.

Read on at EETimes

https://www.eetimes.com/sifive-and-brainchip-partner-to-demo-ip-compatibility/

By Sally Ward-Foxton 04.20.2022

Jones (Chris Jones, vice president, product at SiFive) described work done so far as the “tip of the iceberg,” adding that the two companies have so far demonstrated compatibility of BrainChip’s IP with SiFive’s RISC–V architecture. The companies will work together on an ongoing basis to further integrate software and hardware IP.

“We have ambitious plans going forward,” Jones said. “SiFive has made great strides in the last year or so, bringing vector processing to market now that [vector processing] has found its niche in AI and image signal processing.”

Part of SiFive’s plan is to build an ecosystem of AI accelerator IP providers whose products are compatible with its host processor IP.

“Our relationship with BrainChip is in no way exclusive,” Jones said. “BrainChip is the first partner we’ve gone public with, but we’re talking to many other players in this space.”

While BrainChip is the company’s first hardware IP partner, SiFive has design wins for its host processor IP, including data center AI accelerator company Tenstorrent

TENNS was a thing at that time, so the reference to integrating software and hardware IP has more resonance in retrospect. I thought they may have just been talking about the BRN model library as "software", but we know there are other possibilities now.

Impementing software is far cheaper and less time consuming than hardware.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

1000019027.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

rgupta

Regular

Looking at varago new MCU radiation hardener. The thing which attracts me is very low memory but could not find any snn or I missed something here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241012-195457.png
    Screenshot_20241012-195457.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Terri,

Ida No.

I haven't seen much about BRN/SiFive since the original April 2022 announcement.

However, here are some benchmarks for comparison with Pico:

https://brainchip.com/sifive-and-brainchip-partner-to-demo-ip-compatibility/

By Sally Ward-Foxton

April 20, 2022

SiFive and BrainChip have partnered to show their IP is compatible in SoC designs for embedded artificial intelligence (AI). The companies have demonstrated BrainChip’s neuromorphic processing unit (NPU) IP working alongside SiFive’s RISC–V host processor IP.

Brainchip’s NPU processor IP, the basis for its Akida chip, is a neuromorphic processor designed to accelerate spiking neural networks. This IP can be used to analyze inputs from most sensor types, including cameras, to provide ultra–low power analysis in real–time applications.

A recent BrainChip demo showed its Akida chip in a vehicle, detecting the driver, recognizing the driver’s face, and identifying their voice simultaneously.

Keyword spotting required 600 µW,

facial recognition needed 22 mW, and

the visual wake–word inference used to detect the driver was 6–8 mW.

Read on at EETimes

https://www.eetimes.com/sifive-and-brainchip-partner-to-demo-ip-compatibility/

By Sally Ward-Foxton 04.20.2022

Jones (Chris Jones, vice president, product at SiFive) described work done so far as the “tip of the iceberg,” adding that the two companies have so far demonstrated compatibility of BrainChip’s IP with SiFive’s RISC–V architecture. The companies will work together on an ongoing basis to further integrate software and hardware IP.

“We have ambitious plans going forward,” Jones said. “SiFive has made great strides in the last year or so, bringing vector processing to market now that [vector processing] has found its niche in AI and image signal processing.”

Part of SiFive’s plan is to build an ecosystem of AI accelerator IP providers whose products are compatible with its host processor IP.

“Our relationship with BrainChip is in no way exclusive,” Jones said. “BrainChip is the first partner we’ve gone public with, but we’re talking to many other players in this space.”

While BrainChip is the company’s first hardware IP partner, SiFive has design wins for its host processor IP, including data center AI accelerator company Tenstorrent

TENNS was a thing at that time, so the reference to integrating software and hardware IP has more resonance in retrospect. I thought they may have just been talking about the BRN model library as "software", but we know there are other possibilities now.

Impementing software is far cheaper and less time consuming than hardware.
This does not look promising:

SiFive expands from RISC-V cores for AI chips to designing its own full-fat accelerator

Seems someone's looking for an Arm wrestle

Tobias Mann Thu 19 Sep 2024

SiFive, having designed RISC-V CPU cores for various AI chips, is now offering to license the blueprints for its own homegrown full-blown machine-learning accelerator.

Announced this week, SiFive's Intelligence XM series clusters promise a scalable building block for developing AI chips large and small. The idea is that others can license the RISC-V-based designs to integrate into processors and system-on-chips – to be placed in products from edge and IoT gear to datacenter servers – and hopefully foster more competition between architecture
s.

SiFive's base XM cluster is built around four of SiFive's Intelligence X RISC-V CPU cores which are connected to an in-house matrix math engine specifically for powering through neural network calculations in hardware. If you're not familiar, we've previously explored SiFive's X280 and newer X390 X-series core designs, the latter of which can be configured with a pair of 1,024 vector arithmetic logic units.

Matrix maths engines use bytes not spikes.

Keeping the cup half full, I guess the more processors there are, the more opportunities to run TENNS.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

GazDix

Regular
Yeah, this is a commonly held theory.
I don't know if it's true or not.
I'd hate to think so, as I used to quite enjoy BL's wit and humour and style.
But money, and the lengths some will go to in the making of it, can have a strong effect on many.
I wish the old BL well, but t&j is one of the worst examples of manipulative deception that I have come across.
Within the limited scope of the crapper he is exceptionally good at selectively twisting the narrative to suit his agenda and quite likely negatively influences some against BrainChip and its management. I find this a dangerous precedent which is gradually corrupting social media and having a deleterious effect on our shared narrative and weakening the fabric of our society.
Yeah. I engaged with BL on X, and his style or concerned with quality of time posting is 100% not that character.

I think The Dean and T&J are the same person. Or one working for the same outfit. To do any of these trolls justice is to think they are individuals with a 'problem'. They are not.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Cheers 🍻 to Germany

IMG_9739.jpeg

10/12/2024

We have compiled a list of some the most traded ASX companies in with a dual listing on Frankfurt and German exchanges for August 2024.

This list only includes buying on Frankfurt, Tradegate, Berlin, Stuttgart – and the main German trading exchanges.

The table excludes EU Institutional buying as this will generally occur on home exchange where liquidity is better.
Picture

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
Cheers 🍻 to Germany

View attachment 70912

10/12/2024

We have compiled a list of some the most traded ASX companies in with a dual listing on Frankfurt and German exchanges for August 2024.

This list only includes buying on Frankfurt, Tradegate, Berlin, Stuttgart – and the main German trading exchanges.

The table excludes EU Institutional buying as this will generally occur on home exchange where liquidity is better.
Picture
Only 2nd

1728764024223.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

TECH

Regular

Check this out, how many times does the word "edge" get mentioned, security, connectivity and intelligence.

We once again cover the lot !...they just wouldn't say that magic word "BRAINCHIP".

Why do companies attend these types of events, listen carefully, because it's exactly why the team were there !

Regards...Tech :coffee:;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Harwig

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

More importantly, the "right" kind of pies 😉

20241013_145207.jpg

They seem to be a relatively small player though, just going on a less than half the LinkedIn following, we have..

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Harwig

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ndefries

Regular

A good deal perhaps.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom