BRN Discussion Ongoing

MegaportX

Regular
Even finish is good enough
Shuey. How many percent over the last 2 weeks ?

7für7

Top 20
Anyone can read his post if you choose to over at the crapper so no reason to repost them here

WOOOOOW !!!
1728629306521.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

CHIPS

Regular
So NVIDIA has just announced that it is starting an AI Tech Community in Pittsburg involving one of our University Accelerator Partners, Carnegie Mellon.

The objective of the AI Tech Community will be to focus on robotics, autonomy and AI.

Whilst we're on the subject of robotics, I just discovered this NVIDIA blog which has a link to Fraunhofer HHI. Notice the photo of Spot, Boston Dynamic's robot dog.

If you click on the link (as shown below) it takes you to the video demoing Spot, in which we know that Fraunhofer HHI had utilised Akida because the the guy in the video is running bcdemo@bcdemo24, which is a part of the AKIDA evaluation kit, which @Iseki was first to discover.

So, my point being, now that NVIDIA is showing an interest in robotics with it newly minted AI Tech Community, I suppose this will increase the overall interest in the benefits of neuromorphic computing (read BrainChip's technology) for operations in edge environments.

View attachment 70771

This the video here.

View attachment 70772

Here's the link for the video.

And here's where it shows bcdemo@bcdemo24, which is a part of the AKIDA evaluation kit,

View attachment 70774

"Whilst we're on the subject of robotics, I just discovered this NVIDIA blog which has a link to Fraunhofer HHI. Notice the photo of Spot, Boston Dynamic's robot dog."

They are sniffing at each other now and will later take a big BrainChip bite. 🥰

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

schuey

Regular

schuey

Regular
Shuey. How many percent over the last 2 weeks ?
Why you ask me? Plenty on here smarter than I my friend....

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
If by a complete stranger you are thrown off, for the internet you are not yet ready. View attachment 70781
Hi again 7.

Before this haven was created for us, by one of us, we all put up the good fight and thrust and parried amongst each other, over on the crapper.

After the unprecedented rapid rise of our share price following the MB reveal and subsequent inclusion in the ASX 200 we were suddenly thrust upon the radar of a much wider group of primarily traders, looking for a quick buck.
Most of us are ok with that as its a primary motivation for many of us too and the rest are investors willing to play the longer game.

But, the problem comes for many of us with the unscrupulous tactics that were employed against us which have been honed on countless victims before and since. (Exhibit A- poor old Weebit.)

Over on the crapper, we were the most discussed stock for months and topped the gainers listing for a considerable period.
This brought us a lot of attention and we became targeted by a host of shorter's and other assorted would be manipulators.

Unfortunately for those of us who believed in the Company and its promise and wanted to see it thrive for reasons including, but not limited to monetary considerations, getting further contracts and revenue has taken much, much longer than most of us considered probable, or indeed, likely. More fools us, and I guess we have been paying for that hubris for years now.

The psychological pressure that was brought to bear upon us was considerable and very nasty and despicable at times.
You had to be there and experience it to know.
Unremittingly it continued for month after month as our share price declined, pushed through resistance after resistance by an apparently ruthless and implacable and extraordinarily capitalised opponent.

I'm sure you think I am exaggerating the experience but look at the charts and you can see it went on for close to two years straight, with a respite for 2 months at the beginning of this year, and then we were pushed down again, even further.

Many of us who post here have walked this path together which perhaps explains the comradery often exhibited and also the closing of ranks when we identify an infiltrator.

So whilst the current situation over there may seem deplorable, believe me when I tell you it is merely a pale shadow of what it once was.

Some of us still visit over there from time to time to monitor the infestation or as a method of gauging sentiment, but often now it's just for the laughs and as a kind of booster shot, reinoculating us against the infection.

But, over the years, many worthy souls have fallen by the wayside, or gone dark, or just given up.
I don't blame any for their choices, it's been a long hard grind.
But those of us who remain, who have endured, have paid, and we have learned from our experience, and we will extract our due when the time is right.

In the meantime the pallid, flaccid familiars like t&j can get off on themselves over at the cesspit they've made of the crapper.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users

TECH

Regular

<Column> Growing Expectations for Edge AI​

The number of edge devices including smartphone, tablets, cameras and sensors connected to the internet is expected to reach 29 billion devices worldwide by 2030. In the same time period, the global market for edge AI is expected to grow from $15 billion in 2022 to over $107 billion.
As adoption of AI accelerators increases to boost system performance, the edge AI coprocessor market is expected to grow from $2.8 billion in 2022 to approximately $11 billion by 2032, growing at an average annual growth rate of 15.56%.

The reasons behind this expected expansion of the edge AI market include the following.

• As more such devices connect to the network, the advantages of Edge AI over Cloud AI will become increasingly important -- real-time performance, privacy, lower data traffic, lower power consumption for "green" computing, and the ability to function offline.
  • Expectations for curtailing power consumption due to the increase in mobile and Internet data traffic volume (Figure 4) associated with the promotion of the digital society and DX
Graph of Forecast for global Internet traffic
Figure 4 Forecast for global Internet traffic (source: Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry based on data from Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Trends, 2017–2022)
Over the past few years, expectations have been raised regarding the advantage that edge AI provides in curtailing power consumption.
As mentioned above, cloud computing is a common network form for current social infrastructure. However, due to the significant power consumption caused by the constant operation of cloud servers and heat loss due to long-distance data transmission, the inefficient power consumption of cloud computing has been pointed out. The same goes for cloud AI.

Therefore, edge computing and edge AI are being promoted as ways to improve power efficiency through distributed processing rather than the centralized data processing of cloud computing. Edge AI completes AI operations on data within the edge device without relying on cloud servers, and the heat loss due to data transmission is low, which enables it to contribute to significant energy savings in the infrastructure of a digital society.

Just a few reasons why our technology will succeed, it's lonely out front, but I prefer associating with leaders rather than followers, we aren't quite there just yet, but my alarm clock is set for January 2025...lets go Sean...Tech
Age Of Mythology Monsters GIF by Xbox

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
Hi again 7.

Before this haven was created for us, by one of us, we all put up the good fight and thrust and parried amongst each other, over on the crapper.

After the unprecedented rapid rise of our share price following the MB reveal and subsequent inclusion in the ASX 200 we were suddenly thrust upon the radar of a much wider group of primarily traders, looking for a quick buck.
Most of us are ok with that as its a primary motivation for many of us too and the rest are investors willing to play the longer game.

But, the problem comes for many of us with the unscrupulous tactics that were employed against us which have been honed on countless victims before and since. (Exhibit A- poor old Weebit.)

Over on the crapper, we were the most discussed stock for months and topped the gainers listing for a considerable period.
This brought us a lot of attention and we became targeted by a host of shorter's and other assorted would be manipulators.

Unfortunately for those of us who believed in the Company and its promise and wanted to see it thrive for reasons including, but not limited to monetary considerations, getting further contracts and revenue has taken much, much longer than most of us considered probable, or indeed, likely. More fools us, and I guess we have been paying for that hubris for years now.

The psychological pressure that was brought to bear upon us was considerable and very nasty and despicable at times.
Unremittingly it continued for month after month as our share price declined, pushed through resistance after resistance by an apparently ruthless and implacable and extraordinarily capitalised opponent.

I'm sure you think I am exaggerating the experience but look at the charts and you can see it went on for close to two years straight, with a respite for 2 months at the beginning of this year, and then we were pushed down again, even further.

Many of us who post here have walked this path together which perhaps explains the comradery often exhibited and also the closing of ranks when we identify an infiltrator.

So whilst the current situation over there may seem deplorable, believe me when I tell you it is merely a pale shadow of what it once was.

Some of us still visit over there from time to time to monitor the infestation or as a method of gauging sentiment, but often now it's just for the laughs and as a kind of booster shot, reinoculating us against the infection.

But, over the years, many worthy souls have fallen by the wayside, or gone dark, or just given up.
But those of us who remain, who have endured, have paid, and we have learned from our experience, and we will extract our due when the time is right.

In the meantime the pallid, flaccid familiars like t&j can get off on themselves over at the cesspit they've made of the crapper.
So well expressed and thorough Hoppy, as your posts are. I well remember a series of despicable and inflammatory posts by a poster on the crapper who moved from one alias to another. He purported to be a financial advisor and was eventually removed from that forum. Tried his luck here, was readily identified and given the flick almost instantaneously.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
Hi again 7.

Love your work, I’m with you

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hi again 7.

"But, over the years, many worthy souls have fallen by the wayside, or gone dark, or just given up"

I don't think they all "just" gave up Hopalong..

Screenshot_20241011-210400_Firefox.jpg

At least we know their shares are effectively "out" of the float..

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Frangipani

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Quercuskid

Regular
  • Haha

Shadow59

Regular
  • Haha

Frangipani

Regular
After reading this post early this morning I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been further discussion with the AKIDA Pico and Raspberry Pi.

My first thought this morning, when I read about "AKIDA Pico", I immediately thought of the Raspberry Pi board known as the "Raspberry Pico". This is a board that has use cases typically powered by battery, so power draw needs to be kept to a minumum.

What are people thoughts on the AKIDA Pico & Raspberry Pico being linked somehow?? (Keep in mind that the Rasberry Pico 2 has just been prereleased)

Hi Humble Genius,

two weeks ago, before the unveiling of Akida Pico, I, too, had wondered about a possible connection between the Akida Pico and the Raspberry Pi Pico series of microcontrollers.

7A47D953-C035-433A-8DB1-2ECB35B1CD89.jpeg

Shortly after posting about it, I found this two-month old video introducing the new Raspberry Pico 2:

A7F20253-8374-4ADD-A978-13EC0A692604.jpeg

BE6A1E1B-498E-4D7C-8F42-65A939D64CA8.jpeg

C308D1C5-C2A5-4D3A-A4A9-57D76C285553.jpeg

But regardless of whether there is any connection between the Raspberry Pi Pico 2 and the recently unveiled Akida Pico or whether our company simply happened to pick the name Pico as an attribute signifying the processor’s tininess, I am proud to say that - despite having no background in hardware engineering whatsoever - I succeeded in creating my very own Raspberry Pico offering!

Remember the puck-sized compact device our CTO envisaged in his AGM address? Well, you won’t believe what I discovered in my local supermarket: A puck-shaped object called Pico, cleverly labelled as being GOAT!
Combining it with fresh raspberries from a nearby farmer’s stall, it proved to be not only a mouth-watering sight, but equally a culinary delight! A perfect pairing!

My opinion only DIY

Frangipani

11116574-6133-4B21-BF44-618155D3D824.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Frangipani

Regular
You better be quick this time round… 😉 (Pablo just replied…)

Hi again @Baisyet,

hmm, I gave you a 2.5 hour head start, but since you haven’t reacted and it is already past midnight on parts of the East Coast, you are possibly already asleep. So let me share this then, before somebody else does:

Yesterday, I spotted this LinkedIn post by Pablo Miralles Roure:

7B1FE64B-517A-473D-874E-C97E48D82956.jpeg

… and sometime later these comments:

060579C5-19D9-4CF8-846B-7F0403C2058C.jpeg

When I went back earlier today to check out any replies by Laurent Hili, I did indeed find one, but also a new question for Pablo:

90737C0B-C1BA-43FB-A9F2-65285AA6516D.jpeg

And checking back an hour or so later - voilà, there was the reply I had been hoping for and in fact suspecting… 😊
711CB519-6571-4C8B-801D-B5CAD6514E6B.jpeg

5BD2688F-BE71-4FEC-A1E7-728F7CC3C87E.jpeg

6DED6064-66E7-4F98-B221-3A5F4458C1E9.jpeg

By the way, interesting company Pablo Miralles Roure works for:

57C002A7-FCDC-47DB-99FC-54F25FF105F8.jpeg

Attachments

• 4A2FA022-1BB6-4038-ABD8-428293E3999E.jpeg
    4A2FA022-1BB6-4038-ABD8-428293E3999E.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 78 users

Frangipani

Regular
And checking back an hour or so later - voilà, there was the reply I had been hoping for and in fact suspecting… 😊

Why suspecting, you may ask?

Because I had right away recognised the name of the BrainSat paper’s main author, Raphaël Mena Morales, formerly with Airbus Defence and Space (UK) and now with MDA Space (UK): 😊

(Only the paper’s first page including the abstract is accessible on this website)

0864F3BF-7AE2-402B-938B-B9D4F1D8F7AE.jpeg
B1787875-F48A-46C6-976D-DB0DFC35FA41.jpeg

B1787875-F48A-46C6-976D-DB0DFC35FA41.jpeg

B8D6140E-A88F-4EB7-BD0D-94FDB70C1CA2.jpeg

Eight months ago, I drew attention to a reading-between-the-lines comment Raphaël Mena Morales had made under a LinkedIn post by EDGX from Belgium, announcing their first collaboration with ESA regarding their project “Onboard Neuromorphic Acceleration” (by then, we had already been aware of the EDGX / BrainChip collaboration for four months) and had (rightly, as it now turns out) assumed he and his potential collaborators were not exactly unfamiliar with Akida either… 😉

42B2D72E-5FE4-41F4-96C5-851CDA0AC019.jpeg

Now does that mean that Pablo Moralle Roure’s reveal is solid evidence that all the co-authors’ employers are somehow involved and we should rush to add all of them to the list of companies or institutions “confirmed as being engaged with BrainChip”?

Of course not.

Five months ago, Raphaël Mena Morales posted the following about the BrainSat project, literally stressing it started out as a wild idea between friends and former [Airbus] colleagues, calling it an “entirely independent initiative”:

4AFF38C5-D853-46C7-BFF9-9F7159B6DD24.jpeg

Obviously, it is still worthwhile to take notice of the BrainSat paper’s co-authors’ current employers, as these young engineers are now definitely confirmed to have first-hand experience with AKD1000, whether or not the companies, unis or research institutions they work for have ever been engaged with our company.

Interesting double-reference to BrainChip: Before joining BAE Systems (UK), Diviya Devani was the Mission Manager and Systems Engineering Lead for Space Machines Company’s Optimus-1, the Australian satellite that was launched on March 4, with the ANT-61 Brain (and hence Akida) onboard, which sadly got lost in space before communication could be established…

E8FA78C4-25EB-4432-A966-339ECDA3F45F.jpeg

20756734-DE3E-47B8-89E1-0292E26095CD.jpeg

2DF96899-63D6-46B7-A407-60BE1324394D.jpeg

CB86BA39-8F20-40EA-B9F7-2580F7AF8DDD.jpeg

(Since I can only attach a maximum of 10 files, I will post info about the remaining co-authors in another post)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Frangipani

Regular
12A452C2-711B-4D84-899B-6434EE82CC10.jpeg

EC40A16C-EF22-4BEF-A5E2-83CEB0A25971.jpeg

BB295478-726C-46E9-8790-26A7F84E772B.jpeg

While the submitted BrainSat paper now lists Prerna Baranwal as one of the co-authors, who was also tagged in yesterday’s LinkedIn post by Pablo Miralles Roure…

38514304-8ED9-4A32-B102-06956CF82ED7.jpeg

… the five month old LinkedIn post by Raphaël Mena Morales didn’t tag her, but instead Alex Yiannakou:

C76AAD7E-161D-44C8-961B-AE03EE8F7F79.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_9728.jpeg

The landscape of technology is shifting towards machines that learn and adapt more like humans, thanks to neuromorphic computing. Instead of processing data sequentially, these systems mimic the human brain, offering insights into energy efficiency and advanced cognitive applications.

So why does this matter to SMBs? Embracing these innovations means seizing opportunities that enhance functional capabilities, lower operational costs, and help maintain a competitive edge. Consider the potential applications: enhanced smart devices, advanced robotics, and real-time data processing in varied sectors.

As we explore the leaders in this field, like BrainChip and SynSense, we see that the future holds the promise of machines operating on the principles of human cognition. Are you ready to embrace these advancements and take your business strategies to a new level?

Let's dive into the conversation about how neuromorphic computing can shape our future.

What makes neuromorphic computing so special?​

Regular computers process information like following a recipe: they take instructions, one step at a time, until they get an answer. It’s like following a long list of steps to solve a math problem.

Neuromorphic computing is different. It’s inspired by the brain, which is like a giant web of connections between tiny processing units called neurons. These connections can get stronger or weaker based on the information that flows through them.

In simple terms, neuromorphic computers are built to mimic this. They have artificial “neurons” connected in a web, and these connections can change based on the information they receive. This allows them to learn and adapt over time, without needing a long list of instructions.

This is different from deep learning AI, which is still designed to run on traditional hardware. Neuromorphic computing aims to fundamentally change how the hardware works. This could in turn lead to major breakthroughs in AI, especially in areas where power efficiency and on-the-fly adaptation are critical.

Computer Vision AI and self driving cars in a smart city.
Neuromorphic chips are ideal for machine vision, edge AI, and smart cities. Credit: Alexander/Adobe.
Let’s look at some of the neuromorphic computing startups leading the charge in this exciting space.

BrainChip​

BrainChip, headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, is a leading force in neuromorphic computing. Founded in 2004, Brainchip is a leader in bringing brain-like efficiency to edge AI, and they are unique for their established commercial partnerships. Their core product is the Akida neuromorphic processor, which is designed for low-power yet powerful edge AI.

Here’s what makes BrainChip’s Akida neuromorphic processor unique:

• Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs): Unlike most AI systems that rely on artificial neural networks, Akida uses SNNs. These networks more closely mimic the brain’s communication patterns. Neurons fire brief “spikes” of activity only when needed, leading to great energy efficiency.
  • Event-Based Processing: Akida chips are designed to react to changes in data rather than constantly processing every single data point. Imagine a security camera that stays dormant until motion triggers it – this is akin to how Akida saves power.
  • On-Chip Learning: Part of Akida’s power lies in its ability to learn and adapt without needing to send data back to the cloud. This is critical for edge devices that require data privacy.
BrainChip’s low-power edge AI solutions have a broad range of applications. The most obvious are always-on smart home, factory, or city sensors. Their chips could go into vision, sound, or vibration detectors that need to last years on a single charge. Robots and autonomous vehicles also need powerful AI that consumes minimal power. Akida chips also have use cases in cybersecurity for detecting subtle anomalies in network patterns that traditional systems might overlook.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

Baisyet

Regular
Hi again @Baisyet,

hmm, I gave you a 2.5 hour head start, but since you haven’t reacted and it is already past midnight on parts of the East Coast, you are possibly already asleep. So let me share this then, before somebody else does:

Yesterday, I spotted this LinkedIn post by Pablo Miralles Roure:

View attachment 70808

… and sometime later these comments:

View attachment 70809

When I went back earlier today to check out any replies by Laurent Hili, I did indeed find one, but also a new question for Pablo:

View attachment 70814

View attachment 70822

View attachment 70810

View attachment 70817

By the way, interesting company Pablo Miralles Roure works for:

View attachment 70818
@Frangipani Sorry yes I was already ZZZZ thanks for posting it.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

rgupta

Regular
Not trying to start any rumours, straight off the bat....BUT....Jensen and his massive power guzzling GPU and massive amount of
transistors and so on...must have or has been considering making a play for us, the longer this behemoth waits the better as far as
I'm concerned, a suitor will appear at some stage, I don't see us going it alone forever, but I've been wrong many times in my life,
just like all of us.

Heaven knows when one of our EAP's are finally going to sign and bring a real-world product to the masses, I'm still as confident
as I was when I first met Peter and Adam here in Perth, nothings changed apart from my holding going down slowly as the years
tick by....anyone heard from FF ?

Regards....Tech
Power and heat are getting up to Qualcomm as well now.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom