BRN Discussion Ongoing

cosors

👀
Energy required to power AI data centres really becoming an issue as we all know.........edge computing must be compelling for these AI giants

Happy as Larry

"OpenAI has pitched the Biden administration on the need for massive data centers that could each use as much power as entire cities, framing the unprecedented expansion as necessary to develop more advanced artificial intelligence models and compete with China.

Following a recent meeting at the White House, which was attended by OpenAI Chief Executive Officer Sam Altman and other tech leaders, the startup shared a document with government officials outlining the economic and national security benefits of building 5 gigawatt data centers in various US states, based on an analysis the company engaged with outside experts on. To put that in context, 5 GW is roughly the equivalent of five nuclear reactors, or enough to power almost 3 million homes."

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Not my DD but FF's.

Robust Iterative Value Conversion: Deep Reinforcement Learning for Neurochip-driven Edge Robots​

A neurochip is a device that reproduces the signal processing mechanisms of brain neurons and calculates Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) with low power consumption and at high speed. Thus, neurochips are attracting attention from edge robot applications, which suffer from limited battery capacity

We verified RIVC's effectiveness on a neurochip-driven robot. The results showed that RIVC consumed 1/15 times less power and increased the calculation speed by five times more than an edge CPU (quad-core ARM Cortex-A72)

RICV:
5.1.1. Entire Experiment Settings
This section describes the construction of the proposed framework shown in
Fig. 2. We utilized a desktop PC equipped with a GPU (Nvidia RTX3090) for
updating the policies and an Akida Neural Processor SoC as a neurochip [9, 12].
The robot was controlled by the policies implemented in the neurochip. SNNs
were implemented to the neurochip by a conversion executed by the MetaTF
of Akida that converts the software [9, 12].

• Love
Reactions: 25 users
Not my DD but FF's.

Robust Iterative Value Conversion: Deep Reinforcement Learning for Neurochip-driven Edge Robots​

A neurochip is a device that reproduces the signal processing mechanisms of brain neurons and calculates Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) with low power consumption and at high speed. Thus, neurochips are attracting attention from edge robot applications, which suffer from limited battery capacity

We verified RIVC's effectiveness on a neurochip-driven robot. The results showed that RIVC consumed 1/15 times less power and increased the calculation speed by five times more than an edge CPU (quad-core ARM Cortex-A72)

RICV:
5.1.1. Entire Experiment Settings
This section describes the construction of the proposed framework shown in
Fig. 2. We utilized a desktop PC equipped with a GPU (Nvidia RTX3090) for
updating the policies and an Akida Neural Processor SoC as a neurochip [9, 12].
The robot was controlled by the policies implemented in the neurochip. SNNs
were implemented to the neurochip by a conversion executed by the MetaTF
of Akida that converts the software [9, 12].

Or was it..... :unsure:

I gotta protect my billable (wish) DD IP hours... I'll happily take any effective SP rise as payment though :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Thankfully through our collective DD efforts info is generally found on this site first most of the time.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Guzzi62

Regular

I gotta protect my billable (wish) DD IP hours... I'll happily take any effective SP rise as payment though :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Thankfully through our collective DD efforts info is generally found on this site first most of the time.

Ohh damned, my memory seems short LOL, but good to see you can joke about it and not getting angry because of "I was first syndrome".

Well it's good enough to bring up again because I think it clearly shows how good Akida is compared to the competition and persons in the know writes papers about it.

We must be getting close to some deals I am sure, too much (good) press about our technology to be ignored by smart people in the business.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Frangipani

Regular

Exactly… 🤣

In fact, I had posted about those NAIST researchers and the Megachips connection even four days earlier after spotting their YouTube video that revealed they had been utilising AKD1000, but couldn’t yet access the whole paper at the time. So your post nicely complemented mine… 😉

On August 20, four researchers from Nara Institute of Science and Technology’s NAIST Robot Learning Lab (one of them has meanwhile graduated with an M.E. and landed a job as an engineer at NTT Docomo, Japan’s largest mobile provider owned by NTT - Nippon Telegraph and Telephone) and a former Nara Institute of Science and Technology M.E. student, now working for Mega Chips, published a paper titled Robust iterative value conversion: Deep reinforcement learning for neuro-chip-driven edge robots.
They also credit another NAIST Master student, Alonso Ramos Fernandez, for his experimental assistance.

The paper’s first author, Yuki Kadokawa, reports financial support was provided by MegaChips Corporation.

While I can’t access the full version of their paper, the video they uploaded to YouTube on August 21 is clear evidence they utilised AKD1000 for their research.

View attachment 68411

View attachment 68420

View attachment 68412

View attachment 68423

View attachment 68424

View attachment 68414

View attachment 68426

View attachment 68416

View attachment 68417

View attachment 68418

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Exactly… 🤣

In fact, I had posted about those NAIST researchers and the Megachips connection even four days earlier after spotting their YouTube video that revealed they had been utilising AKD1000, but couldn’t yet access the whole paper at the time. So your post nicely complemented mine… 😉
And therein lies the collective :)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Again my question: What is wrong with Akida or BrainChip that even Edge Impulse does not use it???
Interesting to see no Brainchip on the thank you partners list
But maybe I miss read this on linked in

Attachments

• IMG_4606.png
    IMG_4606.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Wow
  • Sad

7für7

Top 20
Don’t know about you… but you should read between the lines 😉☝️(sorry I marked one “I” to much)

Attachments

• IMG_6474.jpeg
    IMG_6474.jpeg
    824.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Haha
  • Sad

The Pope

Regular
Just had a look on the BrainChip website and noticed Mercedes not on the list of partners.

There appears to be other updates as well but does anyone look at this reasonably frequently (ie once a week)

Cheers
The Pope

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Just had a look on the BrainChip website and noticed Mercedes not on the list of partners.

There appears to be other updates as well but does anyone look at this reasonably frequently (ie once a week)

Cheers
The Pope
Go to the home page.

In the bottom there is a line saying, you are in good company.

Under the line is a rolling list of companies and the M.B. star is there.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Cheers
The Pope
Still shows on the homepage slide.

Maybe BRN didn't update that page yet to remove them :unsure:....or maybe MB aren't a partner but now a customer :LOL:

Screenshot_2024-09-25-21-31-42-73_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
Go to the home page.

In the bottom there is a line saying, you are in good company.

Under the line is a rolling list of companies and the M.B. star is there.
Snap :LOL:

Reactions: 1 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Would you like like brain 🍟 ‘s with that
IMG_9625.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_9627.jpeg
IMG_9626.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

Baisyet

Regular
Hey @Food4 thought I raised that with Sally from Edge Impulse and they updated now thanks

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

genyl

Emerged

IMG_2792.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking