BRN Discussion Ongoing

Extract from a Forbes article talking about LiDAR technology......

Valeo: is designed into the Mercedes S-Class with its SCALA 2 LiDAR (currently in production) to support its L3 autonomy feature. Its next-generation version, the SCALA 3 uses a similar platform as the SCALA 2, but delivers significantly higher range and resolution performance. (SCALA 2 addresses 80 m range and 300,000 pps in a ~ 600 cm³ volume with a square format. SCALA 3 doubles the range and delivers 10M pps in a ~1000 cm³ volume, with a 45 mm height and rectangular format suitable for roof or behind-the-grill mounting). The higher performance of the SCALA 3 is expected to double the speeds at which the L3 autonomy feature can perform. Valeo is also attempting to standardize the SCALA 3 and minimize/eliminate customization to create economies of scale. SCALA 3 is expected to start production by early 2025 and has been selected by Stellantis and another undisclosed global OEM to support L3 autonomy features.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Gazzafish

Regular
Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I’ve just submitted a “send a story” to 60 minutes telling them about the ground breaking tech that could “potentially” address the huge energy problem with current AI. Imagine the positive PR if 60 minutes ran the story??? 😊 if anyone else would like to also submit, here’s the link https://9now.nine.com.au/60-minutes/send-a-story

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users
Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I’ve just submitted a “send a story” to 60 minutes telling them about the ground breaking tech that could “potentially” address the huge energy problem with current AI. Imagine the positive PR if 60 minutes ran the story??? 😊 if anyone else would like to also submit, here’s the link https://9now.nine.com.au/60-minutes/send-a-story
Good on you Gazza that’s a great idea well dun mate.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

DK6161

Regular
Great idea!
Let's spam them. We are well known for doing that in LinkedIn

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Xray1

Regular
It is true Intel need a market they can win fast in to help out the SP.

BRN would compliment them with IP but will they do it is the question. That be a very hard meeting with Mike!

Well Mike we just got this IP we need you to play with its called Akida see what you can do.
Would Mike really want to help us out now, especially with the crap he went through a fair while back, when some posters from another crap site gave him absolute hell !!!??? .... if it was me, I would most likely hold a strong grudge towards the Co's troublesome posters

Reactions: 1 users

Shadow59

Regular
Would Mike really want to help us out now, especially with the crap he went through a fair while back, when some posters from another crap site gave him absolute hell !!!??? .... if it was me, I would most likely hold a strong grudge towards the Co's troublesome posters
What makes you think Mike is even vaguely aware of such an obscure insignificant Australian website. Sure they're pretty full of their own importance, but really they and the opinions expressed are absolutely worthless. It's like believing conspiracy websites why waste your time.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

7für7

Regular
People in stock forums who act like VIPs and want to see cash while others are busting their asses

1724803881253.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning All,

May I just clarify the post I made late yesterday at 6;27pm Eastern.

I am "dead against" any takeover at this point in your journey, I believe I have made that personal point numerous times
on this forum, many appear to have misinterpreted what I was trying to actually say, which was, Intel has so many issues going
on as has been publicly reported on, Mike Davies is respected by our Founders, but they (Intel) would never (in my opinion) be in a
position to make a meaningful offer to our Board now or into the future, whereas Nvidia (Jensen Huang) are not only very cashed up,
successful and world leaders, they are not advanced in the field that we excel in, I have always felt that IF AN OFFER surfaced, say in
2028 it would have Jensen's fingerprints all over it.

Please remember, this is only my opinion, will it, could it eventuate, quite possibly.

My intention wasn't to confuse anyone, hopefully that has set the record straight, maybe as Dio suggests, Intel is the "X- Factor" and are
the ones doing the tape-out, but once again, that in itself is merely speculation, isn't it.

Best regards.......Tech (y)

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
In this case I agree the linkden comments towards Mike were totally inappropriate and unnecessary and indeed would piss me off as well.
They were far from professional.
Lets hope it hasn't effected the relationship

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Personally, i think Mike Davies wouldn't care less about a few uppity brn shareholders posting on social media.

I'm sure he has far more pressing concerns.

Perhaps some would like to create drama for other reasons by suggesting it has somehow negatively affected the brn / intel relationship.

Intel are clearly big fans of Brainchips, why else would they promote us?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Question for those who were in attendance at the AGM.

Does anyone know if Con the Fruiterer bought shares in the recent SPP? He certainly made his thoughts known to the board about doing one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Good morning All,

May I just clarify the post I made late yesterday at 6;27pm Eastern.

I am "dead against" any takeover at this point in your journey, I believe I have made that personal point numerous times
on this forum, many appear to have misinterpreted what I was trying to actually say, which was, Intel has so many issues going
on as has been publicly reported on, Mike Davies is respected by our Founders, but they (Intel) would never (in my opinion) be in a
position to make a meaningful offer to our Board now or into the future, whereas Nvidia (Jensen Huang) are not only very cashed up,
successful and world leaders, they are not advanced in the field that we excel in, I have always felt that IF AN OFFER surfaced, say in
2028 it would have Jensen's fingerprints all over it.

Please remember, this is only my opinion, will it, could it eventuate, quite possibly.

My intention wasn't to confuse anyone, hopefully that has set the record straight, maybe as Dio suggests, Intel is the "X- Factor" and are
the ones doing the tape-out, but once again, that in itself is merely speculation, isn't it.

Best regards.......Tech (y)
Yes. Certainly the company wouldn't contemplate a takeover at this juncture.

A takeover would jeopardize our objective of ubiquitousness.

I'm hoping that we'll grow to reach the stage where a takeover by a major would be seen as excessive market concentration, as was the case with ARM/Nvidia.

The advantage we have over ARM is that we have totally new tech, but we cannot ignore other digital SNN startups like Synsense who have adopted a bottom-up approach (low-hanging fruit) to the market, while BRN is more of a top-down (ADAS, space, medical) approach,. our IP only approach had greatly restricted the number of direct customers (licencees), while the addition of software significantly expands our potential customer base.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Question for those in attendance at the AGM.

Does anyone know if Con the Fruiterer bought shares in the recent SPP? He certainly made his thoughts known to the board about doing one.
1000016204.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
View attachment 68599
"BrainChip enjoys first-mover advantage in commercial neuromorphic computing"

Not sure, how much we're "enjoying" it, at the moment! 😛

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Don't tell me! More competition????

good-morning.gif

Dolphin Design announces partnership with Fraunhofer IIS to enhance power management in edge AI​

Grenoble, France and Erlangen, Germany | August 27, 2024 – Dolphin Design announces a new strategic partnership with the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS, a research Institute and member of the European Union’s PREVAIL project consortium. This collaboration aims to push the boundaries of power management in next-generation edge AI (Artificial Intelligence) technologies.
Dolphin Design will supply Fraunhofer IIS with its comprehensive range of power management IP solutions in 22FDX technology. These solutions are known for their energy-efficient, and low-power characteristics, making them ideal for the demands of edge AI applications. They are also renowned for their configurability, enabling them to meet the various needs of the consortium.
The PREVAIL project, part of the European Union’s initiative to develop advanced edge AI technologies, is set to revolutionize various industries by enabling smarter, more efficient AI capabilities at the edge. By integrating Dolphin Design’s innovative power management IPs, Fraunhofer IIS will be equipped to enhance the performance and efficiency of the project’s AI systems.
“We are excited to partner with Fraunhofer IIS and contribute to the groundbreaking work being done in the PREVAIL project,” said Hakim Jaafar, VP of Marketing at Dolphin Design. “Our power management IP solutions are designed to meet the stringent demands of edge AI, and we are confident that this collaboration will lead to significant advancements in the field.”
Dr. Markus Eppel, group manager at Fraunhofer IIS, stated, “Dolphin Design’s power management IP, combined with Fraunhofer’s analog mixed-signal inference accelerators and software toolchain for neuromorphic computing, creates a powerful solution for neural network deployment on the Edge. The framework established through PREVAIL allows us to provide Dolphin’s and Fraunhofer’s potent technology combined from one hand to SME design houses, reducing design time and enhancing services for system integrators.”
This partnership is a significant step towards achieving the project’s goal of developing next-generation edge AI technologies that are both innovative and sustainable. For more information about this partnership and the upcoming news on this European project, please visit www.iis.fraunhofer.de/en.html and https://prevail-project.eu/.
About Dolphin Design
Dolphin Design, a Soitec subsidiary, is a leading provider of semiconductor IP solutions, specializing in ASIC and IP design targeting markets such as Defense, Automotive, industrial, Personal electronics, and IoT. Dolphin Design cutting-edge technology IPs in AI computing, Power management, High-quality Audio, Power metering, and design safety/robustness, allow their thousand customers/partners to accelerate design cycles, foster faster time-to-market and build products/solutions that address the challenges of any industry and support a more sustainable world.
With a customer-centric approach, Dolphin Design provides exceptional support for successful project outcomes.
For more information about Power Management solutions, please click here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

View attachment 68603
Question for Dodgy Knees! Hopefully not considered a stupid one. Could the edge box from VVDN be the architecture as main computer in a vehicle for sensor fusion etc from various sensors in the car?

SC

Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
"BrainChip enjoys first-mover advantage in commercial neuromorphic computing"

Not sure, how much we're "enjoying" it, at the moment! 😛

"Enjoying" isn't the first word that springs to mind.

kick-kick-in-the-nuts.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Question for Dodgy Knees! Hopefully not considered a stupid one. Could the edge box from VVDN be the architecture as main computer in a vehicle for sensor fusion etc from various sensors in the car?

SC
It could, in the sense that it would have the capability, but it would be an inelegant solution. Certainly, car makers like Mercedes want a more tailored solution than something off the peg.

Also. the Edge Box does not have Akida 2/TeNNs, so the odds are stacked against that solution.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
It could, in the sense that it would have the capability, but it would be an inelegant solution. Certainly, car makers like Mercedes want a more tailored solution than something off the peg.

Also. the Edge Bpx does not have Akida 2/TeNNs, so the odds are stacked against that solution.
Excuse me, Sir.
I have been waiting for some time now.
Is this the bus to prosperity??? 🤣🤣🤣

mercedes bus.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom