BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
So this morning I've been looking further into Parsons Defense and Intelligence Business Unit which is what BlackSignal/Blue Ridge Envisioneering will operate as part of.

And I've discovered that in August 2023 Parsons and Microsft established a strategic partnership to accelerate the digital transformation of global infrastructure. See press release below.

03-08-2023

Parsons Establishes Strategic Partnership with Microsoft, Accelerating the Digital Transformation of Global Infrastructure​

microsoft_partnership_press_release_780x419.jpg

CENTREVILLE, Va. (March 8, 2023) – Parsons Corporation (NYSE: PSN) announced today a new global strategic partnership with Microsoft to help organizations around the world enhance their digital transformation and cybersecurity capabilities. The partnership will build upon existing collaboration between the two companies, combining the power of Microsoft’s Azure cloud and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies with Parsons’ expertise in the national security and global infrastructure markets, unlocking efficiencies, improving security, and opening doors to innovation as both companies work to upgrade society’s infrastructure.
“This partnership brings together the collective strengths of two industry leaders and creates a new future for our markets. This is an important step in accelerating the world’s digital transformation and reinforcing the data-driven focus that fuels the innovations which create value for our customers every day,” said Peter Torrellas, president, Connected Communities business unit for Parsons. “With our decades of experience designing, delivering, and protecting the infrastructure that connects our communities around the world, we will work with Microsoft to optimize our technology solutions like artificial intelligence, digital twins, X as a service, threat detection and response, and smart infrastructure.”
Parsons will leverage the partnership across the entire enterprise, from advanced traffic management solutions that help reduce congestion to end-to-end space operations support. By utilizing the data collected from these digital solutions, Parsons will deliver advanced insights that will improve the equity, accessibility, and sustainability of the world’s infrastructure, and support more resilient and secure operations.
“Our strategic partnership with Parsons will help public sector organizations accelerate their digital transformation journey and improve their cybersecurity posture,” said Angela Heise, Corporate Vice President, Worldwide Public Sector, Microsoft. “Parsons’ deep expertise in national security and global infrastructure coupled with Microsoft Azure’s advanced cloud, cyber, and AI technologies will enable us to develop innovative solutions to address a wide range of complex challenges faced by organizations around the world.”
Together, the companies will also explore opportunities to collaborate on training and education programs that develop the next generation of cybersecurity and digital transformation professionals. Combined with Parsons’ extensive operational experience supporting public sector and federal clients, the training and partnership will enable delivery of cloud solutions that bring the next generation of cyber, data and analytics, and command and control capabilities all the way to the tactical edge.
“Beyond delivering cloud-enabled solutions more securely, efficiently, and effectively, the Parsons and Microsoft strategic partnership will open doors for our customers across the national security and global infrastructure markets,” said Paul Decker, president, Defense and Intelligence business for Parsons. “Our team is already experimenting with advanced AI solutions to better support the warfighter.”
Parsons has demonstrated history in delivering infrastructure around the world that helps improve the management, sustainability, efficiency, safety, and quality of life in the communities we serve.
To learn more about Parsons’ digital capabilities, visit www.parsons.com/x.
About Parsons
Parsons (NYSE: PSN) is a leading disruptive technology provider in the national security and global infrastructure markets, with capabilities across cyber, space and missile defense, transportation, environmental remediation, urban development, and critical infrastructure protection. Please visit Parsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to learn how we’re making an impact.

This caused me to randomly google "Microsoft" and the "Defense Industry" to see what else might pop up and this is what I stumbled upon which shows Microsoft alongside two of our other parters AIRBUS & NASA.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 12.23.05 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 12.23.16 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Diogenese,

This article talks about Parsons and Rafael jointly bidding for a contract to supply a drone defence system. The contract will be awarded to a vendor by next year.

What caught my eye is that the article (and the solicitation) mentions the system will need to incorporate advance technologies such as networked sensor nodes. No other companies publicly announced bids for the contract and the US Marine Corp are not announcing the number of interested vendors due to the competitive nature of the contract. So, I am assuming that "the competitive nature of the contract" should be interpreted as meaning it will be worth a lot of $$$$.

As you say, now that Parsons have acquired BlackSignal/Blue Ridge Envisioneering they will now have access to digital SNN capability. I can only imagine that this will be a major advantage in helping them secure the contract. 🤞

Rafael, Parsons Jointly Bid to Protect USMC Installations From Drones​

Joe SaballaApril 30, 2024
1 minute read

Rafael’s American subsidiary is joining forces with Parsons Corporation to bid on a US Marine Corps contract to protect installations from small drones.
Officials from the two companies told Breaking Defense that their proposed solution will feature the Drone Dome System, which is also fitted into Israel’s famous Iron Dome defense system.
It has an active detection radar, an electro-optical and infrared camera, an electronic warfare jammer, and a passive radio frequency detection system for effective neutralization of approaching hostile drones.
“Rafael has fielded the Drone Dome system since 2016,” company chief technology officer Eric Brown said. “It’s tested, it’s proven… It gets rid of a lot of clutter [and] it makes it very easy for the user to be able to have a clear situational air picture.”
For its part, Parsons will be responsible for program management and systems integration of its proposed solution.
It will also provide sustainment services, making sure that counter-drone systems are in a constant state of readiness.

About the Program​

In February, the US Marine Corps issued a solicitation to industry partners for a reliable system that can defend covered assets and personnel.
More specifically, the solution should effectively detect and neutralize group one and two drones, or drones weighing up to 25 kilograms (55 pounds).
According to the service, the system needs to incorporate advanced technologies, such as networked sensor nodes.

Submission of proposals ended last week and the US Marine Corps is expected to award a contract to one vendor by next year.

Apart from Rafael and Parsons, no other companies publicly announced bids for the competition. The service is also not disclosing the number of interested vendors due to the competitive nature of the contract.

Hi Bravo,

Iron Dome, of course, has its own sensors, but they may not be classed as "advanced technologies", so there may be scope for AI boosted sensors which can both detect and classify targets on the fly in real time. In this business, speed is of the essence, so if the fire control computer does not have to spend time running software to process a load of sensor data, so much the better,

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

KKFoo

Regular
Hi BRN holders,

I don’t post on the stock forums but regularly read most of the commentary and genuinely appreciate the contributions of many intelligent posters here.

I am a top 50 holder and have never felt so confident about the success of our company, having spoken to BOD during the last AGM and having done my own research.

I have since doubled my holdings during the SPP period but it was all bought on the market for 2 reasons, 1st to hit the manipulators/shorters directly and 2nd the price being lower.

All I can say is that I won’t be selling the shares unless it has hit my target price.
So, the shorters and manipulators can play whatever tactics they want but they aren’t getting my shares.

If you believe in the company, then the only way to counter the manipulation is to buy more shares if you can afford to or hold your existing holdings tight - the manipulators will have to give up eventually.

Keep the faith chippers, our time is coming.
If any genuine shareholder wants to make contact then they can do so via this forum - I won’t be replying to non holders/ non believers and/or trolls !!

DYOR, no financial advice etc……
Well said, I doing the same thing but in a smaller scale..

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Labsy

Regular
Hi BRN holders,

I don’t post on the stock forums but regularly read most of the commentary and genuinely appreciate the contributions of many intelligent posters here.

I am a top 50 holder and have never felt so confident about the success of our company, having spoken to BOD during the last AGM and having done my own research.

I have since doubled my holdings during the SPP period but it was all bought on the market for 2 reasons, 1st to hit the manipulators/shorters directly and 2nd the price being lower.

All I can say is that I won’t be selling the shares unless it has hit my target price.
So, the shorters and manipulators can play whatever tactics they want but they aren’t getting my shares.

If you believe in the company, then the only way to counter the manipulation is to buy more shares if you can afford to or hold your existing holdings tight - the manipulators will have to give up eventually.

Keep the faith chippers, our time is coming.
If any genuine shareholder wants to make contact then they can do so via this forum - I won’t be replying to non holders/ non believers and/or trolls !!

DYOR, no financial advice etc……
Good stuff! Thanks for your post. Although no way near your holding, I will be topping up soon too. Also holding tight.... Refreshing to read your post.
💪🙏

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

7für7

Regular
Good stuff! Thanks for your post. Although no way near your holding, I will be topping up soon too. Also holding tight.... Refreshing to read your post.
💪🙏
Hey labsy! I Realy appreciate your postings. You have sense of humour as well but you know regarding the post of the “top 50 holder” those are some nice words indeed... However, I would be cautious with praise and compliments. T&J has many faces, and he once wrote a similar text in the HC and later mocked the support and all the likes he received. So, never trust anyone in an anonymous forum. And as you know…I'm also waiting for my ordered Bentley 😵‍💫.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Mercedes-Benz is in the key players category.

Updated August 23, 2024

Leading innovators in in-car voice assistants for the automotive industry​

Brought to you by GlobalData

The automotive industry continues to be a hotbed of patent innovation. Activity is driven by the rise in connected vehicles, safety concerns, and growing importance of technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and natural language processing (NLP). In the last three years alone, there have been over 720,000 patents filed and granted in the automotive industry, according to GlobalData’s report on Innovation in automotive: in-car voice assistants.

However, not all innovations are equal and nor do they follow a constant upward trend. Instead, their evolution takes the form of an S-shaped curve that reflects their typical lifecycle from early emergence to accelerating adoption, before finally stabilizing and reaching maturity.
Identifying where a particular innovation is on this journey, especially those that are in the emerging and accelerating stages, is essential for understanding their current level of adoption and the likely future trajectory and impact they will have.

According to GlobalData’s Technology Foresights, which plots the S-curve for the automotive industry using innovation intensity models built on over one million patents, there are 300+ innovation areas that will shape the future of the industry.
Within the emerging innovation stage, multi-spark ignition, integrated multi-motor drivetrains and vehicle auxiliary drives are disruptive technologies that are in the early stages of application and should be tracked closely. Solar range extenders, turbocharger shaft bearings, and multi-lamellar clutches are some of the accelerating innovation areas, where adoption has been steadily increasing. Among maturing innovation areas are auto-transmission lubrication circuits and electroluminscent vehicle displays, which are now well established in the industry.
Innovation S-curve for the automotive industry
Industry_S_Curve_for_Automotive_TopicCompany_LGP1Refresh_2024_1-1024x576.png

In-car voice assistants is a key innovation area in automotive
In-car voice assistants refer to the technology that allows drivers and passengers to interact with different functions of the car through natural language voice commands. It employs various technologies including speech recognition, natural language processing, and machine learning to understand and interpret the user's voice commands and respond accordingly.
GlobalData’s analysis also uncovers the companies at the forefront of each innovation area and assesses the potential reach and impact of their patenting activity across different applications and geographies. According to GlobalData, there are 80+ companies, spanning technology vendors, established automotive companies, and up-and-coming start-ups engaged in the development and application of in-car voice assistants.
Key players in in-car voice assistants – a disruptive innovation in the automotive industry
‘Application diversity’ measures the number of applications identified for each patent. It broadly splits companies into either ‘niche’ or ‘diversified’ innovators.  
‘Geographic reach’ refers to the number of countries each patent is registered in. It reflects the breadth of geographic application intended, ranging from ‘global’ to ‘local’. 

Patent volumes related to in-car voice assistants​

CompanyTotal patents (2021 - 2023)Premium intelligence on the world's largest companies
Hyundai MobisUnlock Company Profile
Huawei Investment & HoldingUnlock Company Profile
Alps AlpineUnlock Company Profile
FaureciaUnlock Company Profile
Mercedes-Benz GroupUnlock Company Profile
SubaruUnlock Company Profile
MicrosoftUnlock Company Profile
Toyota MotorUnlock Company Profile
BaiduUnlock Company Profile
AlphabetUnlock Company Profile
Showing 1 to 10 of 34 entries
Previous1234Next
Source: GlobalData Patent Analytics
Hyundai Motor is one of the leading patent filers in in-car voice assistants. The company introduced its proprietary in-car voice assistant system known as the Hyundai Intelligent Personal Assistant, which is designed to offer a seamless and user-friendly experience for drivers and passengers. It could perform various functions, including adjusting vehicle settings, providing weather and traffic updates, making phone calls, and controlling infotainment features. Kia and Ford Motor are some of the other key patent filers in this space.
In terms of application diversity, Tencent leads the pack, while China South Industries Group and Guangzhou Xiaopeng Motors Technology stood in the second and third positions, respectively. By means of geographic reach, Intel and Alphabet held the top position, followed by Emerging Automotive and Mitsubishi Electric.
To further understand the key themes and technologies disrupting the automotive industry, access GlobalData’s latest thematic research report on Automotive.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 2.53.31 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Hey labsy! I Realy appreciate your postings. You have sense of humour as well but you know regarding the post of the “top 50 holder” those are some nice words indeed... However, I would be cautious with praise and compliments. T&J has many faces, and he once wrote a similar text in the HC and later mocked the support and all the likes he received. So, never trust anyone in an anonymous forum. And as you know…I'm also waiting for my ordered Bentley 😵‍💫.
Perhaps that's you..¿
Screenshot_20240815-101736_Photo Editor.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

7für7

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
One of my other LOBs (little ozzy battlers) BluGlass is hosting a corroboree of Australian chip producers. Some familiar faces, (WeeBit, 4DS, Morse Micro)), but no BRN (as yet).

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/a...33&v=fc9bdb61fe50ea61f8225e24ce041a0e155a9400

1724737922498.png

They also feel neglected on ASX:
"one of the least understood sectors locally"

Hopefully this will help raise the profile of the sector for Australian investors and brokers. It's a pity BRN is not listed, as I think it would be mutually beneficial.

BluGlass have developed a technique for making lasers at a lower temperature (which is a good thing). The lasers are not for lidar 9at the moment) as they are at the other end of the spectrum (blue).

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom