• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Worker122

Regular
My friend Just received this 2 hours ago in Europe. Anybody knows what it means?

Copynpaste from Investapedia, maybe this helps.​

TAKEAWAYS​

• A corporate action is an event carried out by a company that materially impacts its stakeholders (e.g. shareholders or creditors).
  • Common corporate actions include the payment of dividends, stock splits, tender offers, and mergers and acquisitions.
  • Corporate actions must often be approved by a company's shareholders and board of directors.
Corporate Action: An activity carried out by a company that materially impacts its stakeholders.

Investopedia / Jiaqi Zhou

Reactions: 2 users

Quiltman

Regular
Over at HC, when I look in occasionally, all the talk is short term, shorts, takeovers .... etc. etc.
Conjecture, scare mongering ... whatever, I genuinely don't care.

However, worthy of a mention is the drop in short positions on BRN to the lowest in over 3 years. It's more than a data blip now as the position has been reported this low for over a week now. Given the volume hasn't been traded on market to accumulate the volume required to return the borrowed shares, I can only assume that an institution buying in the recent raise was a "shorting" entity , and used this opportunity to exit their short position.

So, with LDA Capital out, and it would seem the major shorter closing their position, BRN has cleared the decks somewhat of constant negative SP pressure.
Was it planned, who knows, but perhaps some relief for long term SH's is on the horizon - with the SP able to appreciate on good news.

1723328210156.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 49 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
My friend Just received this 2 hours ago in Europe. Anybody knows what it means?
Hi. My superannuation company used similar language in regards to requesting my instructions regarding the SPP.

I am all in favour of supporting the Company and have in the past expressed my desire to participate in this type of a funding model but given the fact that the on market purchase price has been less than the 19.3 cent offer, for the duration of its availability thus far, I will not be taking it up at this time.

If the offer had been sweetened with attached options at an acceptable premium, expiring in say 2-3 years I would have been more likely to have invested further.

There is only just so much capital I can afford to have tied up at such risk without a definitive timeline or even a projected period nominating success.

I think the Company is working strategically towards viability but progress is taking longer than I anticipated.
There have been many mitigating geo political and economic circumstances and as Dio has mentioned the whole field is experiencing an unprecedented period of flux and growth.

Indeed, it appears to me that the very fabric of our societies are currently being both stretched and stressed from within and without.
Perhaps it always feels this way for those people in place and time who experience the birth pangs of revolutionary and world changing/shaping technologies such as AI.
Let us hope that, in its maturity, it can accept within its midst the squabblesome mass of humanity that envisioned it, into actuality.
GLTAH.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi. My superannuation company used similar language in regards to requesting my instructions regarding the SPP.

I am all in favour of supporting the Company and have in the past expressed my desire to participate in this type of a funding model but given the fact that the on market purchase price has been less than the 19.3 cent offer, for the duration of its availability thus far, I will not be taking it up at this time.

If the offer had been sweetened with attached options at an acceptable premium, expiring in say 2-3 years I would have been more likely to have invested further.

There is only just so much capital I can afford to have tied up at such risk without a definitive timeline or even a projected period nominating success.

I think the Company is working strategically towards viability but progress is taking longer than I anticipated.
There have been many mitigating geo political and economic circumstances and as Dio has mentioned the whole field is experiencing an unprecedented period of flux and growth.

Indeed, it appears to me that the very fabric of our societies are currently being both stretched and stressed from within and without.
Perhaps it always feels this way for those people in place and time who experience the birth pangs of revolutionary and world changing/shaping technologies such as AI.
Let us hope that, in its maturity, it can accept within its midst the squabblesome mass of humanity that envisioned it, into actuality.
GLTAH.
Hi Hoppy,

I had taken a nibble the week before the SPP was announced, but, thanks to the taxman's bounty, I'm in a position to take another small nibble, and will take some of the SPP.

I know there's a 10% difference, but, as you say, the money goes to the company in which we are invested - so, in a way, using thimble-and-pea logic, I can convince myself that I've still got the money (in my company) as well as the extra shares.

I think most of the long term holders are emotionally exhausted, but still exhilarated at the thought of what is to come, if it is possible to hold such an oxymoronic psychological state.

I was really hoping that the quarterly would have shown north of $500K from the edge box. Did they really have only 50 for sale?

I know that Akida 2 is 10 times better than Akida 1, but Akida 1 is 10 times better than anything else, and suitable for lots of battery powered edge devices, so, as I keep banging on, I thought that the Akida 1 baby should not have gone down the plughole with the bathwater to update a pre-plumbing saw. That was a wrench which upset more than the marketing department.

when the delay drags on my consciousness, I remind myself of the potential of Akida 1 and Akida 2 with TeNNs, and the fact that BRN has many EAPs and active partnerships.

Obviously, leading edge manufacturers like Mercedes would not want to be stuck with "old" silicon, and we know they are using software to process sensor signals in their "software defined vehicle".

As Magnus Ostberg told me on Linkedin in response to my query about the use of NN software in the CLA concept car's water-cooled processor - "Stay Tuned".*

Based on this, and our long association, I have convinced myself that MB have been, and are, running Akida 2 + TeNNs simulation software for in-cabin DMS etc., for the last couple of years, and hopefully for process sensor signals, given that Valeo's SCALA 3 also comes with software for signal processing. It seems that this will continue into commercialization.

So I'm wondering if software licensing is a new string to our business model bow. That would be going full circle to Brainchip Studio, only now the follow-on hardware accelerator is TeNNs, to be included in silicon when the development has reached a suitable plateau.

* The point is, I thought I was being cute by asking if they were running NN software, expecting him to reply "No. we have a separate NN SoC" or similar, so "Stay tuned", together with the use of sensor processing software in the "software defined vehicle", encourages my illusion.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi Hoppy,

I had taken a nibble the week before the SPP was announced, but, thanks to the taxman's bounty, I'm in a position to take another small nibble, and will take some of the SPP.

I know there's a 10% difference, but, as you say, the money goes to the company in which we are invested - so, in a way, using thimble-and-pea logic, I can convince myself that I've still got the money (in my company) as well as the extra shares.

I think most of the long term holders are emotionally exhausted, but still exhilarated at the thought of what is to come, if it is possible to hold such an oxymoronic psychological state.

I was really hoping that the quarterly would have shown north of $500K from the edge box. Did they really have only 50 for sale?

I know that Akida 2 is 10 times better than Akida 1, but Akida 1 is 10 times better than anything else, and suitable for lots of battery powered edge devices, so, as I keep banging on, I thought that the Akida 1 baby should not have gone down the plughole with the bathwater to update a pre-plumbing saw. That was a wrench which upset more than the marketing department.

when the delay drags on my consciousness, I remind myself of the potential of Akida 1 and Akida 2 with TeNNs, and the fact that BRN has many EAPs and active partnerships.

Obviously, leading edge manufacturers like Mercedes would not want to be stuck with "old" silicon, and we know they are using software to process sensor signals in their "software defined vehicle".

As Magnus Ostberg told me on Linkedin in response to my query about the use of NN software in the CLA concept car's water-cooled processor - "Stay Tuned".

Based on this, and our long association, I have convinced myself that MB have been, and are, running Akida 2 + TeNNs simulation software for in-cabin DMS etc., for the last couple of years, and hopefully for process sensor signals, given that Valeo's SCALA 3 also comes with software for signal processing. It seems that this will continue into commercialization.

So I'm wondering if software licensing is a new string to our business model bow. That would be going full circle to Brainchip Studio, only now the follow-on hardware accelerator is TeNNs, to be included in silicon when the development has reached a suitable plateau.
Gidday Dio and a happy Sunday to ya! :ROFLMAO:

I have to agree that the length of this particular bit of string is sticking in many an investors craw. 🤣
And it’s unfortunately exacerbated by that one measure that many of us are fixated upon and that presently, and for the last couple of years, we all have our nose rubbed in daily. The share price.
And that same bit of rope attached to our hip pocket nerve which for many, is also associated with the parasympathetic partners nag reflex. 🤣
Not only do we need to balance our own oxymoronic psychological state, but also convince others who have access to slow effect poisons and rather faster acting multigrips, that it’s just a matter of time now, Dear. 🤣

But Sunday joking around aside, you are of course correct with your explanations of the progress made and the possibility’s potentially nearing climax.
It has certainly been a journey.
Happy to share it with you all.
Let’s have the $10 party at Laguna Hills. 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Hi Hoppy,

As Magnus Ostberg told me on Linkedin in response to my query about the use of NN software in the CLA concept car's water-cooled processor - "Stay Tuned".

Agree with everything you say apart from you taking a nibble at the SPP as I don’t know who in there right mind would do this unless involved in the company one way or another, but I’ve had my suspicions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Gidday Dio and a happy Sunday to ya! :ROFLMAO:

I have to agree that the length of this particular bit of string is sticking in many an investors craw. 🤣
And it’s unfortunately exacerbated by that one measure that many of us are fixated upon and that presently, and for the last couple of years, we all have our nose rubbed in daily. The share price.
And that same bit of rope attached to our hip pocket nerve which for many, is also associated with the parasympathetic partners nag reflex. 🤣
Not only do we need to balance our own oxymoronic psychological state, but also convince others who have access to slow effect poisons and rather faster acting multigrips, that it’s just a matter of time now, Dear. 🤣

But Sunday joking around aside, you are of course correct with your explanations of the progress made and the possibility’s potentially nearing climax.
It has certainly been a journey.
Happy to share it with you all.
Let’s have the $10 party at Laguna Hills. 🤣

Hopefully by then we might be able to afford the accomodation. Here's a place that even has a hot tub.

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 1.49.01 pm.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
  • Haha
  • Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Haha
Hi Hoppy,

Go back and listen to ep4 of the investor podcast for Q4 - 2023. Around the 21 minute mark, Sean talks about IP as the primary business model, and the allocation of resources and funds to diversify into additional revenue streams, i.e edge boxes.

Then says spend judicially on the edge box and one other area we are working on right now”

Could be software… I haven’t picked up on any other hints as to what it could be since the podcast.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
Just saw a couple interns at BRN while googling randomly as I do haha.

Can see Dhvani has listed some achieved value in process and sales team efficiencies via resume on git.

Screenshot_2024-08-11-16-38-19-57_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-11-16-40-36-52_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

CHIPS

Regular
Elon Musk on twitter today. Why Rage AGAINST machine learning?? :unsure:
Doesn't he know about AKIDA??

1723371368972.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Kachoo

Regular

Can see Dhvani has listed some achieved value in process and sales team efficiencies via resume on git.

View attachment 67861

View attachment 67862
Thanks for the share. I will add a critical question. What did she Upsell lol wr as far as I'm concerned have sold nothing if we sell we would see revenue. So if I have 0 x 300 up sell I still have Zero lol

But does have an impressive GPA though.

Hope the sale was for this quarter !

Reactions: 4 users

Kachoo

Regular

View attachment 67861

View attachment 67862
HI FMF,

She is now actually an engineer at BRN got hired 6 months ago!

• Love
  • Wow
Top Bottom