BRN Discussion Ongoing

7für7

Regular
Guess you are right @DingoBorat and 300k shares is a better number than 200k only 75k to go between my personal and super totals and I better hurry up while the downrampers on here and HC are working overtime, plus I’ve gotten an extra 4000 plus shares buying them on market and not on that fab offer the company were giving us SH 😂

View attachment 67764
Soon top 50?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Soon top 50?
Depends how long the shorters carry on playing the game and also it depends on the if we get no news in the next 4-6 months as I’m completely out of money as I just spent my airfare to the uk on some more today 😂 plus I’m going for a takeover instead as top 50 sounds boring.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Chippers,

Listening to the ABC radio ... new technology using Ai to take photos of the placenta once child is born ... looks for anything which may be amiss.

Company called PlacentaVision.

Also of note , University of Pennsylvania helping on the technical side.

* whilst getting lost in all of this ... also came appon this site.

* for the technically minded only, got a light nose bleed on quick perusal.

* this info may have been shared by others , those in the know will know if it's new or not.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Evening Chippers,

Listening to the ABC radio ... new technology using Ai to take photos of the placenta once child is born ... looks for anything which may be amiss.

Company called PlacentaVision.

Also of note , University of Pennsylvania helping on the technical side.

* whilst getting lost in all of this ... also came appon this site.

* for the technically minded only, got a light nose bleed on quick perusal.

* this info may have been shared by others , those in the know will know if it's new or not.

Regards,
Esq.
Weird as most people have there photos taken with the baby.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Haha

IloveLamp

Top 20

1000017636.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Nice :)

Paper HERE

Submitted on 21 Jul 2024]

Few-Shot Transfer Learning for Individualized Braking Intent Detection on Neuromorphic Hardware​

Nathan Lutes, Venkata Sriram Siddhardh Nadendla, K. Krishnamurthy

Objective: This work explores use of a few-shot transfer learning method to train and implement a convolutional spiking neural network (CSNN) on a BrainChip Akida AKD1000 neuromorphic system-on-chip for developing individual-level, instead of traditionally used group-level, models using electroencephalographic data. The efficacy of the method is studied on an advanced driver assist system related task of predicting braking intention. Main Results: Efficacy of the above methodology to develop individual specific braking intention predictive models by rapidly adapting the group-level model in as few as three training epochs while achieving at least 90% accuracy, true positive rate and true negative rate is presented. Further, results show an energy reduction of over 97% with only a 1.3x increase in latency when using the Akida AKD1000 processor for network inference compared to an Intel Xeon CPU. Similar results were obtained in a subsequent ablation study using a subset of five out of 19 channels.

Significance: Especially relevant to real-time applications, this work presents an energy-efficient, few-shot transfer learning method that is implemented on a neuromorphic processor capable of training a CSNN as new data becomes available, operating conditions change, or to customize group-level models to yield personalized models unique to each individual.

5. Conclusion
The results show that the methodology presented was effective to develop individual-level models deployed on a state-of-the-art neuromorphic processor with predictive abilities for ADAS relevant tasks, specifically braking intent detection.

This study explored a novel application of deep SNNs to the field of ADAS using a neuromorphic processor by creating and validating individual-level braking intent classification models with data from three experiments involving pseudo-realistic conditions. These conditions included cognitive atrophy through physical fatigue and real-time distraction
and providing braking imperatives via commonly encountered visual stimulus of traffic lights. The method presented demonstrates that individual-level models could be quickly created with a small amount of data, achieving greater than 90% scores across all three classification performance metrics in a few shots (three epochs) on average for both the ACS and FCAS. This demonstrated the efficacy of the method for different participants operating under non-ideal conditions and using realistic driving cues and further suggests that a reduced data acquisition scheme might be feasible in the field.
Furthermore, the applicability to energy-constrained systems was demonstrated through comparison of the inference energy consumed with a very powerful CPU in which the Akida processor offered energy savings of 97% or greater. The Akida processor was also shown to be competitive in inference latency compared to the CPU. Future work could
include implementation of the method presented on a larger number of participants, other neuromorphic hardware, different driving scenarios, and in real-world scenarios where individual-level models are created by refining previously developed group-level models in real time.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

Frangipani

Regular
Nice :)

Paper HERE

Submitted on 21 Jul 2024]

Few-Shot Transfer Learning for Individualized Braking Intent Detection on Neuromorphic Hardware​

Nathan Lutes, Venkata Sriram Siddhardh Nadendla, K. Krishnamurthy

Objective: This work explores use of a few-shot transfer learning method to train and implement a convolutional spiking neural network (CSNN) on a BrainChip Akida AKD1000 neuromorphic system-on-chip for developing individual-level, instead of traditionally used group-level, models using electroencephalographic data. The efficacy of the method is studied on an advanced driver assist system related task of predicting braking intention. Main Results: Efficacy of the above methodology to develop individual specific braking intention predictive models by rapidly adapting the group-level model in as few as three training epochs while achieving at least 90% accuracy, true positive rate and true negative rate is presented. Further, results show an energy reduction of over 97% with only a 1.3x increase in latency when using the Akida AKD1000 processor for network inference compared to an Intel Xeon CPU. Similar results were obtained in a subsequent ablation study using a subset of five out of 19 channels.

Significance: Especially relevant to real-time applications, this work presents an energy-efficient, few-shot transfer learning method that is implemented on a neuromorphic processor capable of training a CSNN as new data becomes available, operating conditions change, or to customize group-level models to yield personalized models unique to each individual.

5. Conclusion
The results show that the methodology presented was effective to develop individual-level models deployed on a state-of-the-art neuromorphic processor with predictive abilities for ADAS relevant tasks, specifically braking intent detection.

This study explored a novel application of deep SNNs to the field of ADAS using a neuromorphic processor by creating and validating individual-level braking intent classification models with data from three experiments involving pseudo-realistic conditions. These conditions included cognitive atrophy through physical fatigue and real-time distraction
and providing braking imperatives via commonly encountered visual stimulus of traffic lights. The method presented demonstrates that individual-level models could be quickly created with a small amount of data, achieving greater than 90% scores across all three classification performance metrics in a few shots (three epochs) on average for both the ACS and FCAS. This demonstrated the efficacy of the method for different participants operating under non-ideal conditions and using realistic driving cues and further suggests that a reduced data acquisition scheme might be feasible in the field.
Furthermore, the applicability to energy-constrained systems was demonstrated through comparison of the inference energy consumed with a very powerful CPU in which the Akida processor offered energy savings of 97% or greater. The Akida processor was also shown to be competitive in inference latency compared to the CPU. Future work could
include implementation of the method presented on a larger number of participants, other neuromorphic hardware, different driving scenarios, and in real-world scenarios where individual-level models are created by refining previously developed group-level models in real time.

Hi Fullmoonfever,

was just about to post a link to that paper, too - it goes along with the webinar I posted about a month ago:

Was just about to go to bed, when I saw this video on YouTube, recorded on July 4th. Quickly scrolled through the slides and screenshotted some, but haven’t listened to the whole Webinar, which was jointly hosted by the Centers for Cybersecurity and AI Research and the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of North Dakota College of Engineering and Mines…

Dr. Venkata Sriram Nadendla from Missouri S&T was presenting on
EEG based SNNs for Braking Intent Detection on Neuromorphic Hardware

View attachment 66186

View attachment 66187

View attachment 66188

View attachment 66200

View attachment 66189
View attachment 66193
View attachment 66190

The paper’s first author is Nathan Lutes, a PhD student at Missouri University of Science and Technology (graduating in December), who has also been working as a Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer for Boeing since 2021.

A9C34701-F9CA-4665-A609-E0227DF24EAC.jpeg

6BCFA823-2EC9-4ADF-AE7F-776F5E907900.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Analyzing Amazon SageMaker and BrainChip Akida Neuromorphic Processor, pioneering approaches in machine learning

Can someone find this and post please. Having trouble with phone. Put it down to user error.

It's fairly new from May.

TIA

SC

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Analyzing Amazon SageMaker and BrainChip Akida Neuromorphic Processor, pioneering approaches in machine learning

Can someone find this and post please. Having trouble with phone. Put it down to user error.

It's fairly new from May.

TIA

SC
1000017639.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Frangipani

Regular
Thanks to Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s summer intern Henry Gleason, a B.Sc. Aerospace Engineering student at Purdue University, we now know that LLNL researchers are looking at Akida 2.0 / TENNs for future satellite imagery processing… 🛰 👍🏻

134D3AC9-4585-4DA8-BE75-23C3BF1DDDC7.jpeg

4FC52476-215C-48B4-901C-01F33D90047D.jpeg

3D308315-519D-47BD-B8B9-6675AFA6ED8C.jpeg

F90A043C-E1DC-49E1-80F3-33209E61592C.jpeg

36243EF2-824F-4D21-95EA-B42967C966EC.jpeg

During his summer internship at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Henry Gleason collaborated with the following two gentlemen on his proof-of-concept Self-Tasking Satellite Network Model: Shervin Kiannejad, an Embedded System Engineer at LLNL “working on some of the most cutting edge technological projects out there” (his main interest being RF), and George Dankiewicz, who has been an Engineering Manager with Lockheed Martin for more than 40 years…

E52D2BF9-E22B-4108-978E-FE85B92662EC.jpeg

D39FC26A-2BFA-4FAF-B070-22C97441B005.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Dijon101

Regular
Depends how long the shorters carry on playing the game and also it depends on the if we get no news in the next 4-6 months as I’m completely out of money as I just spent my airfare to the uk on some more today 😂 plus I’m going for a takeover instead as top 50 sounds boring.

So expecting crypto to go parabolic in the next 4-6 months and hoping to transfer profits over to BRN ???

(me too !! I'm out of funds as well!!)

Reactions: 3 users
So expecting crypto to go parabolic in the next 4-6 months and hoping to transfer profits over to BRN ???

(me too !! I'm out of funds as well!!)
Only holding XRP since last year and got in at 0.70au cashed a little out and holding long term hoping for a miracle along with BRN

1723240611015.gif

Reactions: 4 users

rgupta

Regular
Good morning fellow chippers!
What a great news to wake up to.
New CMO. Looks like big changes are being made! Great move Sean and co!
OMG how exciting! This will surely work for us👍

Can't help to think that if I recall correctly, our previous CMO Nandan had a lot of experience. He was Ex-ARM and came from Amazon. He was touted as the one we need to drive our product marketing globally through his connections. This was 2 years ago and got a lot of share holders excited. Then he left quietly.

I'd give this new guy 2-3 years top.

GLTAH
Not advice
How it was a news now, the information was all there in last 4c

• Haha

7für7

Regular
Only holding XRP since last year and got in at 0.70au cashed a little out and holding long term hoping for a miracle along with BRN

View attachment 67797
The SEC is shit… they will never let XRP get like eth or Bitcoin … this shit is personal… the guy is out of control and like a pit bull if he manage to bite you once, it will never let you go. You have to break his Jaw

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Fenris78

Regular

Is it possible Akida is involved with MediaTek to compete with Qualcomm? Just searching for hope here with the depressed share price... years of silence from management is wearing thin.

The SEC is shit… they will never let XRP get like eth or Bitcoin … this shit is personal… the guy is out of control and like a pit bull if he manage to bite you once, it will never let you go. You have to break his Jaw
Waiting for an appeal again even so they lost 😡

Reactions: 1 users

Frangipani

Regular
Catching up on some older posts…

I did. Last week via my bank account where I have my stocks. In Germany!

How? I thought it’s just for Australians and Neuseelander?

I also wondered about this, but I received a notification by ING DiBa about the capital raise and was asked if I want to buy.

The way I understand it:
Shareholders will NOT be eligible to participate in the SPP, unless they have a registered address in either Australia or New Zealand.
(It is not about nationality, though.)

You need to read your bank’s notification carefully!
This is what Consorsbank sent me - they explicitly note that it is your own duty to check in advance whether or not you are eligible to participate in the SPP, as they won’t do it (“Wir werden dahingehend keine Überprüfung vornehmen.”) and thus can’t be held liable.

They will, however, block the amount of money equivalent to your share purchase, once you have submitted your application form, so this sum won’t be at your disposal until BrainChip will have notified your bank that they won’t accept your order. (Not to mention possibly still charge you transaction fees.)

While it may feel unfair to be “discriminated against” for not having a registered address in either 🇦🇺 or 🇳🇿, the upside is, there is no need whatsoever for affected shareholders to have a guilty conscience when buying from anonymous strangers on the open market instead, which will currently get you quite a few additional shares compared to the fixed SPP issue price of A$0.193! 🤑😊

No financial advice, though.

8D8C94EF-8445-42B3-B726-12D10A87015F.jpeg

1D992F11-FDF1-4A4E-8B3D-E7BB982C046C.jpeg

48D64DE1-7A13-4E52-975B-E67459EFFB20.jpeg

A9CA3169-6664-45D0-BCE4-A2ECF4953512.jpeg

• Fire
Top Bottom