BRN Discussion Ongoing

Wouldn't you be filthy being a shorter if the next announcement bounces it back to $2.40...
Imagine being a WANCA and it bounces back to 2.40?

SC

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Angry Chicken GIF by happydog
bot, bot, bot, bot, bot, bokbot!

Bawwwwwk bok bok bot...

sssssss.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
D

Deleted member 118

With a CLOSE of AUD$1.05 on both the USA & EURO Markets last night its embarrassing to see on the ASX that BRN falling back down to 98c level after a $1.01 daily high.
What will tonights overseas markets reaction be?

The shorters are still here though they are probably the common variety not the Insto kind at this point. The 1.3 mil shorts taken out on Tuesday would seem to support this thought. A half decent 4C and the smell of crispy Shorters will be very strong!

And it would not seem totally impossible to have an Announcement with News before the 4C comes out late next week either reading the tea leaves. Shorters have become reckless perhaps? ouch!

Too much media news around Ai and BRN and collaborations for this puppy to stay so low.

The ONE thing we can rely on is the 4C will have more revenue than the last one did. That will be a positive indicator that likely will increase SP regardless of how much revenue that is.

My opinions only, DYOR.

Yak52

• Fire
  • Haha
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Quatrojos

Regular
I have been in contact with the founder of this company, check out this link...www.orbai.ai/about-us

"That would be very interesting, as we are looking for a partner in the hardware sector that is working with SNNs"

Potentially another opportunity, doors must remain open as we expand our reach, in my opinion of course...:geek:
1650531440591.png

Ken the robot looks very similar to Miss Orbai. Perhaps a rendezvous is fitting...

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Fire

Yak52

Regular
Very Good finish wilzy123...........@ $1.005 compared to 98c @ 2:30pm SP. thank god.

Still down on the USA & EURO Closes last night (AUD$1.05) ......but I have the feeling they might lead the SP for a while and help pull our feet out of the "shorter" muck we have been treading in.

Be excellent IF they (USA/Euro) go another 5%-9% again tonight! Can only hope.

On another note I have a small request of the 1000 eyes team.
Missed the close today as I was doing P&C Meeting duty at our local High School.
Trying to find a better EFTPOS supplier with lower fees for the Tuckshop & Uniform shop. The fees are to much with many of the kids doing less than $5 sales for food.
Anyone have suggestions than TYRO (current) and Main banks (CBA/NAB etc) have no interest in helping a smaller P&C apparently.
All this is to help give more back to the kids. Just completed a large under shelter arena and provide affordable healthy food at the tuckshop too.

Any suggestions very welcome!

Yak52

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Hi zeeb0t, I am starting to think with all that we have in the pipeline, pretty soon we are going to need a "mike drop" emoji added to the like list...

View attachment 4630
@zeeb0t Hey I made an animated mike drop but cant upload it. Can I send it to you?

mikedrop.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Chippers,

I have been pondering Sean Hehir's comment on his last appearance, on the Strawman interview / presentation, when asked about when BRN will show meaningful revenue.

Sean's response , BRN should be neutral ( break even ) , to possible profit ( after all expenses ) , by the end of this year, or words to this affect.

Also mentioned targeting a workforce of BRN of 100 employees by years end.

Below are my VERY LOOSE calculations...

THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.

ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

According to our last Annual Report, released on 23rd Feb 2022 , for the financial year of 2021 ( end date of 31st Dec 2021).

Page 27, Consolidated Statement of Profit or Loss and other Comprehensive Income for the year ended 31 Dec. 2021.

* I think BRN had between 45 to 55 employees at the time.

NET LOSS of -$20,981,309.00 USD.
X 1.26 ( exchange rate to Australian dollar)
= -$26,436,449.00 AU.
* this is after including the + $1,588,483.00 USD.
= +$2,001,488.58 AU.,
Which was revinue from contracts with customers.

So......

MY GUESS for the financial year ending 31st Dec. 2022, for the company to mearly BREAK EVEN , with the extra 45 to 55 employees ( guessing extra $4,500,000.00 USD for employees located in US, AUS and IND. Divided by 2 as thay will only have been in our engage for half , if that, of this financial year),plus back office admin., extra soldering irons, etc, etc

Would mean , to myself anyway , that BRN would require revinue from clients in the order of $25,481,309.00 USD. or $32,106,449.34 AUD.
Within the next 254 days remaining of this financial year, to break even.

*The above numbers are purely my own & as such are not to be relied on .

THIS IS NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE .

IM EXCITED.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 78 users

ndefries

Regular
Evening Chippers,

I have been pondering Sean Hehir's comment on his last appearance, on the Strawman interview / presentation, when asked about when BRN will show meaningful revenue.

Sean's response , BRN should be neutral ( break even ) , to possible profit ( after all expenses ) , by the end of this year, or words to this affect.

According to our last Annual Report, released on 23rd Feb 2022 , for the financial year of 2021 ( end date of 31st Dec 2021).

Page 27, Consolidated Statement of Profit or Loss and other Comprehensive Income for the year ended 31 Dec. 2021.

= -$26,436,449.00 AU.
= +$2,001,488.58 AU.,

So......

MY GUESS for the financial year ending 31st Dec. 2022, for the company to mearly BREAK EVEN , with the extra 45 to 55 employees ( guessing extra $4,500,000.00 USD for employees located in US, AUS and IND. Divided by 2 as thay will only have been in our engage for half , if that, of this financial year),plus back office admin., extra soldering irons, etc, etc

Would mean , to myself anyway , that BRN would require revinue from clients in the order of $25,481,309.00 USD. or $32,106,449.34 AUD.

IM EXCITED.

Regards,
Esq.
Hi, I don't recall he said a date of breakeven. I thought he said there is a path to breakeven and a plan discussed with the board but he didn't go into more detail then that. This year would be great but I am not budgeting on that.

If we can get that much revenue I agree it would likely get us to a breakeven so fingers crossed.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Lex555

Regular
Evening Chippers,

= -$26,436,449.00 AU.
= +$2,001,488.58 AU.,

So......

IM EXCITED.

Regards,
Esq.
From my understanding he said growth would start to be greater than losses, so perhaps the last quarter we’ll see a profit and still an annual loss.

None the less, it’ll be interesting what the the next 4C brings. From $0.1m to $1.1m last 4C was 1000%. Hopefully we see $2-3m next week

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Evening Chippers,

= -$26,436,449.00 AU.
= +$2,001,488.58 AU.,

So......

IM EXCITED.

Regards,
Esq.
Hi Esq,

I was thinking along similar lines, but break even by year end may mean break even for the last quarter, which, using your figures, would require $AU8 million in the 4th (December) quarter.

So assuming linear growth with this quarter being $2 million, 2nd quarter would be $4 million, and 3rd quarter would be $6 million, giving an annual amount of $20 million.

But I won't quibble with your figure.

I am hoping that the 3rd and 4th quarters will be substantially higher.

NFA, also NFI.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Valeo SCALA® 2, Valeo's second generation LiDAR, plays an important role in Mercedes-Benz DRIVE PILOT system for conditionally automated driving (SAE-Level 3), allowing the driver to delegate under certain conditions the driving task to the car in complete safety.

DRIVE PILOT will be available in Germany in the first half of 2022. The next step is clear: the car manufacturer plans to apply for regulatory approval in California and Nevada in 2022.

Hey @Slade not sure if a supporting video has been posted after your Valeo LiDAR SAE-Level 3

Link

D4FC24CC-2819-4856-B3AB-C42D5DEB15BE.jpeg

226D0419-4C67-4C9E-B5CB-DE8BE2BF70E8.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Hi Dang Son and everyone else,

I intend to now put this question to bed once and for all.

Many here will remember an Australian company GetSwift and the games it tried to play to 'ramp' its share price which led to it delisting on the ASX and I believe moving to Canada.

In short it was committing a fraud on its shareholders and the market by fabricating and exaggerating the extent of an engagement that it claimed to have achieved. It was discovered and successful prosecutions launched.

In consequence of this case the ASX revised completely its approach to 'ramping' and how it deals with companies it considers are engaged in this practice. The prosecution of the female tech founder and her subsequent imprisonment in the USA has placed even greater focus at the ASX on technology companies particularly those like Brainchip which has revolutionary technology that is not understood by most and which organisations like the Australian Financial Review, Motley Fool and ***************** have been calling out for being driven by retail to unstainable levels with unproven technology the 'WANCA' effect in other words.

Though I am a retired lawyer the very fact I am retired means I cannot provide legal advice so I will reproduce advice from actual practising Lawyers to their clients regarding this issue:

Thinking | 9 June 2021

ASX cracks down on ‘ramping announcements’

By Michelle Eastwell and Vanessa Murphy
The use of ‘ramping announcements’ has been on ASX’s radar for some time now. Listed companies should carefully consider the content of and language used in market announcements, following ASX’s latest update to Guidance Note 8, which came into effect on 5 June 2021.
As the name suggests, a ‘ramping announcement’ is made with a view to ‘ramping up’ the price of securities and can take a variety of forms. Examples include announcements that contain no new material information or substance but are issued under the guise of ‘business updates’ or on the back of strong market sentiment in a sector. A quick series of announcements intended to pique investor interest but which aren’t particularly material can also be ‘ramping announcements’.
‘Ramping announcements’ can also take the form of an announcement that an entity has entered into what appears to be a material contract but with very limited information disclosed to actually assess the materiality of the contract and its impact on the price or value of the entity’s securities. This has been a particular area of focus for ASX.
Examples of ‘ramping announcements’ identified by ASX include:

• announcing a contract with a major customer to leverage off the customer’s reputation, without properly quantifying the benefit to the entity. In one instance, this included disclosure of a ‘material commercial agreement with a leading financial entity’ under which the entity was to receive less than $1,000;
  • announcing a contract when in fact it is only a non-binding heads of agreement or a framework agreement that only establishes contractual arrangements that will apply to future orders (if any are made);
  • projecting substantial revenues, without reasonable grounds; and
  • describing a contract as ‘material’ when clearly it is not.
ASX has previously observed instances of ‘ramping announcements’ being made just prior to or after a capital raising, presumably with the intent of boosting the raising price or the post raise trading price or following the appointment of advisors where they are remunerated in securities.
If ASX suspects a ‘ramping announcement’ has been made, it will carefully consider whether to suspend trading and issue a query letter to the entity seeking further information about the announcement. In particular, ASX may ask the entity to advise what information was market sensitive, and, if not market sensitive, to explain the purpose of the announcement, and, if the announcement includes any projections or forward looking statements, the reasonable grounds on which those statements are based. This also aligns with ASX’s recent monitoring activities in relation to the disclosure of material contracts, which have involved revisiting historical announcements to assess whether matters previously disclosed are consistent with, and do not overstate, the true position reached by the listed company in relation to the relevant contract or transaction.
Where an announcement relates to a contract, ASX may ask for a copy of the contract (not for release to market) in order to verify compliance with disclosure obligations.
ASX may also require corrective disclosure to be made where information in a ‘ramping announcement’ was not material or was incomplete or misleading, advising of these matters and stating that investors should not make investment decisions based on the announcement. This is unlikely to be well received by the market.
With the continued focus by ASX on ‘ramping announcements’, listed companies should ensure they turn their minds to the appropriateness of announcements that do not clearly contain price sensitive information. While there will often be a range of legitimate reasons for making such announcements, careful consideration should be given to the language used, the timing and proximity to other announcements and the substance of the announcement.
For further information regarding disclosure obligations, please contact our team.

So having read this advice and having communicated with Tony Dawe I can say that Brainchip being made aware in discussions with the ASX that they are specifically watching technology stocks and that they will come down very hard on what they consider to be 'ramping’’. Brainchip decided to take the approach that it will only release on the ASX solid gold price sensitive announcements with real income presently attaching. Potential will not be enough no matter how much it appears to be.

The above advice explains the wisdom of taking this approach as even a marked 'non price sensitive' update such as we have formed a partnership with SiFive for example could be called out as ‘ramping’ by the ASX.

Brainchip has taken the view that as a result of all of the attacks that it suffered and continues to suffer, its Australian and International reputation, at this critical point in its success trajectory would be significantly affected even by an enquiry from the ASX regarding an allegation to the effect that it was engaging in 'ramping.

Brainchip and those that control the levers clearly know they do not need to 'ramp' they are on the road to success and even though some short term pain might be encountered as a result of this approach, the company's future and its potential customer engagements are far too important to have their reputation tarnished by a 'ramping' allegation even if later found not to be proven.

I would now suggest that if you have not listened to the Rob Lincourt of DELL Technologies podcast you take the time to do so because he talks about the need for his industry which is Brainchip's industry to regain trust because of the errors that have occurred in the past with artificial intelligence and the general suspicion that exists across the market when Ai is mentioned.

The need for explainable Ai which I am sure you have read about and for trust in the automotive sector to gain the approval of Governments and politicians for autonomous driving and supporting legislation, requires Brainchip to have a squeaky clean reputation as any scandal could cause a potential partner to look elsewhere even if in doing so they give up the opportunity to be using the best technology.

So we have lots of things to thank the corrupt end of the share market for and this is but one more thing but in the end because we have the right people running the company we will come out on top in my opinion. By being ultra careful no mistakes or missteps can occur.

Please therefore in your dealings with Brainchip try to be understanding as to the tightrope they are walking with the absolute best interests of the company and shareholders always at the forefront of their thinking.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Another slam dunk answer FF . Thankyou . Your depth and breadth of knowledge unleashed on us at a time when some of us are a trifle confused and/ or unsettled is really appreciated.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Hi Esq,

I was thinking along similar lines, but break even by year end may mean break even for the last quarter, which, using your figures, would require $AU8 million in the 4th (December) quarter.

So assuming linear growth with this quarter being $2 million, 2nd quarter would be $4 million, and 3rd quarter would be $6 million, giving an annual amount of $20 million.

But I won't quibble with your figure.

I am hoping that the 3rd and 4th quarters will be substantially higher.

NFA, also NFI.
Evening Diogenese,

Certainly exiting times and the term exponential growth has been used by management.

Cheers for the pay grades you provided.
Handy , yet very hard to calculate our position due to the vast differences dollar wise on a geographical spread, wage / salary differences.

Certainly food for thought.

Regards,
Esq.

Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Valeo SCALA® 2, Valeo's second generation LiDAR, plays an important role in Mercedes-Benz DRIVE PILOT system for conditionally automated driving (SAE-Level 3), allowing the driver to delegate under certain conditions the driving task to the car in complete safety.

DRIVE PILOT will be available in Germany in the first half of 2022. The next step is clear: the car manufacturer plans to apply for regulatory approval in California and Nevada in 2022.

Hi Slade,

We have been working with Valeo since at least mid-2020, so that may have been sufficient time for Valeo to qualify Akida IP under ISO 26262 and other required standards for Germany and elsewhere. Of course, USA has it's own state-based standards, but California often leads the pack.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom