BRN Discussion Ongoing

Be interesting to see if these dogs are still short. Not massive in the scheme of things but anyway.

This filing was end June for end April data.

Picked up from Fintel.

By my calcs (could be wrong) about AUD$556k at ~ 0.285 after quick conversion at their rate listed. If get a move up to high 20's then I'd expect they'd maybe looking to cover unless of course already done since April.

IMG_20240725_205736.jpg
IMG_20240725_211047.jpg
IMG_20240725_210945.jpg

Given the ~ 0.28 I'd suspect bought in around 29/4 or 30/4 as prior to, we were in the 30s.

IMG_20240725_213355.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Guzzi62

Regular
I still don't understand why no one has come out and backed Brainchip and purchased the IP
does anyone understand it ?

what's our problem as a business?
or do all the companies that might be interested get the same treatment as the share holders get.? left in the dark
we will get back to you when we are ready....
even the little box sold out before it got going ( that is if there were even any for sale.

yes I feel raw and nervous and feel that we have be led on by a smoke and mirrors salesman.. snake oil for anyone?
Just as frustrated as you.

It's my understanding they are doing a lot of testing before committing to buy an IP and if they have a good working product already, they want it to run its lifecycle out in order to maximize profit and perhaps using Akida in the next version.
Some applications don't need Akida to work well but are doing fine with older technology.

The smart box was never targeted as a money earner but more "getting the word out" application and maybe smaller companies utilities & advanced cellar hobbyists.

Their business model as an IP provider has so far not paid off, what happened to the IP deal that was done Dec 2020 with Renesas??
I am surprised nothing have come out of them so far. I can't even find those 2 deals on BRN webpages?

I am giving them until next AGM to come up with an IP deal or more, both Antonio and Sean sounded very positive and talked about C-suite talks. If no deals they have shafted the shareholders big time and their business model has failed.

If IP is not working, they must start to tap out chips via a chip manufacturer and BRN pays for that and sell them on. That will give us instant profit but way higher operating costs, so the profit will not be as good as a IP provider only company.

All above is only my opinion, I am no expert.

Keeping my shares, still believe in the company.

See this article from CNN where they explain about aging systems in the airline industry sometimes 30 years old, it's just mind-boggling.

Aging, outdated technology leaves air travel at risk of meltdown​

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Newk R

Regular
I still don't understand why no one has come out and backed Brainchip and purchased the IP
does anyone understand it ?

what's our problem as a business?
or do all the companies that might be interested get the same treatment as the share holders get.? left in the dark
we will get back to you when we are ready....
even the little box sold out before it got going ( that is if there were even any for sale.

yes I feel raw and nervous and feel that we have be led on by a smoke and mirrors salesman.. snake oil for anyone?
Well, if you consider the CD was 1st invented in 1979, but didn't overtake vinyl records till the late 80s, it may give some indication. Better technology is not always embraced early. Just a thought, that's all.

Reactions: 6 users
At this stage, I don't understand why people are still blaming the shorters for the depressed share price... Despite having a commercially available product since 1Q2022, the company has had no sales for the the better part of the last 8 or so quarters, and barely (if any) NRE income (which usually would be an indication of future sales), no known contracts approaching on the horizon, yet bleeding $7m each quarter on average... the last commercial agreement involving any significant payments happened under LDN/PVDM's watch. Our last 4C revenues were $48,000. That's 1.25% of expenditure for the quarter, and we're not even talking about profit here. The 4C before that we had double the revenue ($90k), which made up 2.1% of expenditure. Even without shorts where do you think the price would be?

Now if I'm a fisherman and every night I catch 5 fish, which isn't enough to feed the kids, I don't keep doing the same thing. I either get a bigger net or change the fishing spot and timing.

Sean has done what he can, we need another CEO who can hit the ball out of the park, not creep a wicket every few bats. He told us to judge his performance by the financials, so that's what we should do. We can't afford to wait till the end of his 5-year plan to see that it has failed, then spend another year looking for a new CEO and giving him another half a decade of run time. We don't want to be Betamax. Someone has to bear the responsibility of the share price dropping more than 50% over the time period, and it sure isn't the shorter.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Well, if you consider the CD was 1st invented in 1979, but didn't overtake vinyl records till the late 80s, it may give some indication. Better technology is not always embraced early. Just a thought, that's all.

The first commercial CD was released in 1982, and by 1984 they were selling in the millions (16.4 million to be exact)...

Akida 1000 was commercially available in Jan 2022 and to date 2024 I'm not even sure if it has sold even a hundred (sample) units from the revenue figures.

Additionally, CDs were sold for about US$18 in 1982, which adjusted for inflation would be about $60 today. Notwithstanding the CD players required cost about $3300 in 2024 dollars.

One of the CEOs said it would cost about $15 per chip (or less?) if produced under licence, and yet not a single commercial product has Akida inside.

Actually a very depressing comparison, anyone know a good shrink?

1721918690382.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Meatloaf

Regular
Be interesting to see if these dogs are still short. Not massive in the scheme of things but anyway.

This filing was end June for end April data.

Picked up from Fintel.

By my calcs (could be wrong) about AUD$556k at ~ 0.285 after quick conversion at their rate listed. If get a move up to high 20's then I'd expect they'd maybe looking to cover unless of course already done since April.

View attachment 67103 View attachment 67104 View attachment 67105

Given the ~ 0.28 I'd suspect bought in around 29/4 or 30/4 as prior to, we were in the 30s.

View attachment 67108
It doesn’t matter if they are still short. Does not change the fact that management have not been able to get deals signed. Shorters are only taking advantage of poor performance. Had Brn produced quality clientele and contracts the shorters would be running for the hills.

Reactions: 2 users

Dallas

Regular

wilzy123

Founding Member
Look, today I was hoping that the CR was going to be followed by a positive announcement such as: an expansion or allowing an investor to purchase shares which could lead to future revenue.

The fact that Brn were raising money through LDA, prior, gave no reason to believe that this was just a standard CR.

When the TH was announced they stated:

Reason for the trading halt – the trading halt is requested to allow the capital raise to take
place in an orderly manner.

I was very disappointed when the truth was that Brn are not anywhere near what I was hoping for.

Akida 2 was introduced in 2023 and so far not one positive announcement. Renesas nearly 4 years ago, Mega Chips nearly 3 years ago.

How many engineers are employed at Brn, someone mentioned 65 the other day (I’m not sure if that is correct). But let’s say even 30 and we have revenue of 48k. Crikey. Surely, as a SH you have to ask yourself: what the bloody hell is going on?

To be honest, I wasn’t expecting 5 million revenue but I was expecting progress.

The idiots on HC must be cracking themselves now. MF is only too happy to write more damming articles. But you know what, Brn management make it so easy for them.

One positive of all of ''this' is, at least now we know your litmus test for success is HC and MF.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how you get an application form for the SPP?

wilzy123

Founding Member
One positive of all of ''this' is, at least now we know your litmus test for success is HC and MF.
Me after reading all the posts over at the crapper this morning.
1721937466826.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom