BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tezza

Regular
Do you think it was a mistake?
ATM it seems like a mistake. I will hold and pray. I know Sean is way smarter than me so I will trust his judgement. Which is becoming more difficult each quarter. I'd like to retire in 8 years and need all my money working for me, not sitting idle.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Do you think it was a mistake?
Hmmmm ...

What we need to take into consideration is the crucial fact that the product has been in a state of ongoing development for quite a while and this would have played a major part in management's selection of the business model.

For more than 2 years, the company was aware that Akida 2 with TeNNs was in the pipeline, and they would have understood that this would influence the EAPs. The company would have been anxious not to lumber the EAPs with large numbers of "superceded" chips, or at least to give them the choice.

While TeNNs is still not available in silicon, simulation software would have been available for EAPs from the time the patent application was filed, and that would have been undergoing continual improvement. Our partner EAPs would have been in on the secret. EAPs like Valeo and Mercedes have competitive pressures which would have weighed against waiting for Akida 2 SoC, which is one of the reasons why I suspect they have gone ahead with the simulation software as an interim measure. The software was immediately available and readily adaptable as product development progressed.

The development must have been finished, or at least reached a set benchmark, when Anil announced tapeout (about 6 months ago?), but this was then superceded by an overriding announcement that a masked stranger was about to do us a power of good and take over the chip production - since then, not a sausage.

So my Hail Mary speculation is that we are running a parallel software licensing program in parallel with, or in advance of the IP licensing program. Given that this would be in the context of joint developments, the details would be commercial-in-confidence.

All this is derived from my reading of the tea leaves (the crystal ball is being fitted with Gen AI LLMs as we speak).

The Edge Box has sold out, so, with the hindsight of the development of TeNNs, I am reluctant to call it a mistake, or even a tactical error, but it would have been nice to have had more chips for sale.

Gosh - I didn't know I knew that many words!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 73 users

McHale

Regular
I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, I have always been honest on this forum as well as that other one.

My confidence in the technology has NEVER waned, I plan on contacting both Peter and Anil for a comment on the
current situation, as my trust in this company was first borne out of forming friendships with the founders who I
have immense respect for.

Time is what is causing a lot of the heartache in my opinion.

Tech :rolleyes:

Hi @TECH, yes the time horizon just keeps sliding away and everyone (mostly) knows that, it is getting to the point where some tangible (money) results need to be delivered, the SP has become the plaything of corrupt market manipulators and is not worth anywhere near what even the BRN IP portfolio by itself would be worth.

I wasn't at the AGM but checked out the virtual version, both Sean and Antonio went to great lengths in order to assure S/H'ers that the whole company was fully focussed on delivering contracts and income, there was some anger directed toward Sean & Antonio by one person in particular, but on the whole the room at the AGM could be described as resigned and patient considering the long drawn out path to a cash producing business BRN has become.

I know that a poster(s ??) has put up a verbatim copy of some of Sean & Antonio's responses to questions re contracts/income at the AGM, but I have not seen to this point a verbatim copy of Sean's remarks in the interview he did with Mark Kennis of Stocks DownUnder/Pitt St who also asked the question re contracts/income. This interview was done same day as AGM, so what Sean said was slightly different to what he said at the AGM, but IMO it should/could have been said the same way at the AGM.

I am sure many here have listened to this interview, but as I said, I am going to type verbatim the bits that stood out to me, and I have listened to this interview several times and am crystal clear on what was said:

"The biggest takeaway...........I really want to stress this,.......the confidence we have coming out of this year.........going into the next short period of time......(is) our ability to win."

then moving further on he also said:

"We know that decisions are coming in a relatively short period of time.......This gives us great hope for the future of BRN".

I take the bit about "coming out of this year" as meaning coming out of Financial Year 2023/24 given the AGM was in late May, so we would be in that short period of time right now (FY 23/24 is finished), I would think, why would he say that if he was expecting something later in 2024 ???

So don't get your hopes up, but Sean said "the next short period of time", but then how long is a piece of string. Regardless, to my way of looking at things, something could happen anytime now - with a touch of good luck.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

Frangipani

Regular
Sorry, my bad. I thought this was a collective effort.

View attachment 66311

You’re embarrassing yourself.

You’ve been perfectly fine with crediting other users for their research and with posting uncropped screenshots of their posts, including their avatar.

Here is a recent example:

9375370D-7599-454B-8FB9-FCAB18FF1578.jpeg

(…)
8D4292A4-F61A-4357-984A-322855667668.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Frangipani

Regular
The Cupcake AI Edge server is on the market.
GOOGLE Cupcake - Unigen
According to co pilot:
Pricing: The Cupcake AI Server is priced at €1,499.00 (tax included) on buyzero.de.
Interesting Buyzero shows its sold out. Similar to our Edge Box.

Hold your horses! As far as I can tell, there is no Unigen Cup Cake Edge AI Server with an Akida configuration on the market, yet.

The dropdown menu on https://buyzero.de/en/products/cupcake-ai-server only lets you select the Hailo AI Accelerator configuration so far, which is, however, marked as “sold out”:

C9F5F527-E91E-4CBD-8BFF-9F2F89391A77.jpeg

And on the Unigen website itself, the product brief doesn’t even list Akida as a selectable AI Module, yet:

0E8267C2-93CE-4057-8E7B-C03E2DE113E4.jpeg

E34B8F83-1E0F-4E01-9E4E-2BB1F7FB45B0.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Frangipani

Regular
Hold your horses! As far as I can tell, there is no Unigen Cup Cake Edge AI Server with an Akida configuration on the market, yet.

The dropdown menu on https://buyzero.de/en/products/cupcake-ai-server only lets you select the Hailo AI Accelerator configuration so far, which is, however, marked as “sold out”:

View attachment 66386

And on the Unigen website itself, the product brief doesn’t even list Akida as a selectable AI Module, yet:

View attachment 66387

View attachment 66388

Unigen did already include the Akida AI option in the February 2024 Cupcake User Guide, though:

18AB1E45-D65D-4600-8ABD-2A7F4577E547.jpeg

25C7E94E-6105-461B-828B-E687A5620CCD.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

manny100

Regular
Hmmmm ...

What we need to take into consideration is the crucial fact that the product has been in a state of ongoing development for quite a while and this would have played a major part in management's selection of the business model.

For more than 2 years, the company was aware that Akida 2 with TeNNs was in the pipeline, and they would have understood that this would influence the EAPs. The company would have been anxious not to lumber the EAPs with large numbers of "superceded" chips, or at least to give them the choice.

While TeNNs is still not available in silicon, simulation software would have been available for EAPs from the time the patent application was filed, and that would have been undergoing continual improvement. Our partner EAPs would have been in on the secret. EAPs like Valeo and Mercedes have competitive pressures which would have weighed against waiting for Akida 2 SoC, which is one of the reasons why I suspect they have gone ahead with the simulation software as an interim measure. The software was immediately available and readily adaptable as product development progressed.

The development must have been finished, or at least reached a set benchmark, when Anil announced tapeout (about 6 months ago?), but this was then superceded by an overriding announcement that a masked stranger was about to do us a power of good and take over the chip production - since then, not a sausage.

So my Hail Mary speculation is that we are running a parallel software licensing program in parallel with, or in advance of the IP licensing program. Given that this would be in the context of joint developments, the details would be commercial-in-confidence.

All this is derived from my reading of the tea leaves (the crystal ball is being fitted with Gen AI LLMs as we speak).

The Edge Box has sold out, so, with the hindsight of the development of TeNNs, I am reluctant to call it a mistake, or even a tactical error, but it would have been nice to have had more chips for sale.

I presume the UNIGEN Cupcake AI Edge server chewed up a lot of AKIDA 1000 chips..
In Feb'24 Unigen announced it had produced the 1st lot and that rigorous testing had been completed.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
🤔

1000016969.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Hmmmm ...

Well....there is a software licence doc so appears that's an option maybe? Not sure if all encompassing for all software or just certain components.

Haven't snipped the whole thing.

Screenshot_2024-07-11-18-12-59-75_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2024-07-11-18-13-16-85_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2024-07-11-18-13-34-75_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
I presume the UNIGEN Cupcake AI Edge server chewed up a lot of AKIDA 1000 chips..
In Feb'24 Unigen announced it had produced the 1st lot and that rigorous testing had been completed.
So at this stage, we are not being offered in the Unigen Cupcake and the VVDN Edge Box, is sold out.

Either all available chips have been utilised, of which we have no idea of the starting quantity (but at least a few thousand) or there have been delays in product development.

We won't have a clearer picture (although still muddied) until we get the quarterly results, in just under 3 weeks time.

And does anybody have any idea, of what happened, to the AKD1500 chips that were produced?..

Could there have only been enough produced, for development boards, as it was the first run?..

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Well....there is a software licence doc so appears that's an option maybe? Not sure if all encompassing for all software or just certain components.

Haven't snipped the whole thing.

View attachment 66397 View attachment 66398 View attachment 66399
That is to cover the MetaTF simulation software which is provided to purchasers of Akida chips. It expressly forbids commercial use.

If there are the supposed licences I imagine, they will be under NDA with the EAPs.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hi all,

I would take a look at the following companies for any nuggets on the cupcakes

Apexon they own Ailabs inc as the linkedinnsite directs you to their site.

On here it state multiple vendors of OS and Ai.

Also for sales Unigen directs you to the Ailabs site for sales in Asia!

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Kachoo

Regular
Good Afternoon Diogenese,

Total including CXA trades is 4,905,565 units .... but yes a very gay effort on their behalf.

Regards,
Esq,
Hey Esq gay or straight I'm not the one to judge peoples life style.

But the trading well until there is some activity or interest in new money they will keep playing this game they do.

It's a left hand to right hand when they stop its usually cause they need to wait out and catch some shares from sellers to balance any deficit. I mean we can't trade at 1/4 a cent but they can. Why can't we do that.

If there was more net buyers then sellers then you would see the price move north then again they do these pump and dumps too but usually that is because there is a party taking a position.

Like last time word was a buyer did take a position over January so yeah that activity excites people and they buy driving the price up with the computer programs still.

Really if you broken-hearted trades down if your tracking them Esq I bet the days you see predominantly the 1/4 cent trades they are red days the 1/2 cent day which is normal you would see a net positive day for the most part. Imo

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Frangipani

Regular
Well pop goes your PhD my lad!

Plagiarism from the original source is ok, but from another copier ...?

Are you seriously accusing me of plagiarism now?!

Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire