BRN Discussion Ongoing

DK6161

Regular
I don't think that's a fair response. The company itself predicted revenue by now and an 'explosion of sales'. I assume you are not suggesting that the founders and management that made these statements don't understand the business. However, things have not gone according to anyone's plan. E.g. the Renesas and Megachiips licences were signed years ago but what happened and where is revenue? People are frustrated and dispirited for a reason, people who have been in the stock for years like me and have invested a lot of money. I think we can have a civil discussion about this without allegations of down ramping and childishly telling people to sell and move on. We can only hope that we will soon see some fruits from the company who after all has an amazing product to sell.
My understanding is that these expectations were based on the imminent use of Akida 1000.

As we all know Akida 2 was released not long after and caused most of our partners to revise their plan so that they can incorporate this improved version of our IP in their products.

So I believe redesigning these products with Akida 2 will delay our revenues by a further 2-3 years.

Not advice.

Reactions: 1 users

7für7

Regular
I don't think that's a fair response. The company itself predicted revenue by now and an 'explosion of sales'. I assume you are not suggesting that the founders and management that made these statements don't understand the business. However, things have not gone according to anyone's plan. E.g. the Renesas and Megachiips licences were signed years ago but what happened and where is revenue? People are frustrated and dispirited for a reason, people who have been in the stock for years like me and have invested a lot of money. I think we can have a civil discussion about this without allegations of down ramping and childishly telling people to sell and move on. We can only hope that we will soon see some fruits from the company who after all has an amazing product to sell.
I also believe that as long as someone is making justified criticism, it should be addressed with reasonable arguments. The point, however, is this: What are we as investors supposed to discuss when goals are postponed or profits are pending? Neither you nor I, nor the entire community here, can change these facts. So, there's nothing left to do but continue observing the situation and monitoring the developments. Nothing more. Ultimately, everyone must decide for themselves whether they are satisfied with the progress and act accordingly. A fundamental debate won't influence a company's decisions or earnings, in my opinion. So, let's keep watching, sharing news, deciding whether to buy more, hold, or sell.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

GDJR69

Regular
I also believe that as long as someone is making justified criticism, it should be addressed with reasonable arguments. The point, however, is this: What are we as investors supposed to discuss when goals are postponed or profits are pending? Neither you nor I, nor the entire community here, can change these facts. So, there's nothing left to do but continue observing the situation and monitoring the developments. Nothing more. Ultimately, everyone must decide for themselves whether they are satisfied with the progress and act accordingly. A fundamental debate won't influence a company's decisions or earnings, in my opinion. So, let's keep watching, sharing news, deciding whether to buy more, hold, or sell.
I agree, I have no intention of selling, and I agree we should continue to share insights and information. However, we are 6 months away from 2025 (Tech's magic judgment day) and we are right to expect to see something, anything, sooner rather than later.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

7für7

Regular
I agree, I have no intention of selling, and I agree we should continue to share insights and information. However, we are 6 months away from 2025 (Tech's magic judgment day) and we are right to expect to see something, anything, sooner rather than later.
Sorry I meant “Observe and learn, we must. Change the company's course, we cannot. Decide for yourself, you must, and act as you see fit.”

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

7für7

Regular
By the way… did anyone noticed his question before they removed the post?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Tezza

Regular
Maybe more sales staff is the answer.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users
Luca Verre, CEO of Prophesee, comments: "This new funding from France 2030 confirms Prophesee's technological leadership. Together with our reference partners, our ambition is to create the next generation of embedded neuromorphic AI for the mobile phone market, where our technology represents a technological leap forward".

Okay...
So this is a French thing right?

Not only have we been partnered with Prophesee for over 2 years (Luca basically saying at one point, that we were a marriage made in Heaven) but we also have a strong French connection, AKIDA, being basically half French (JAST)...

No guarantees here but there's definitely a more than reasonably good chance, that we'll be involved...

Hi Dingo,

I guess that is just verifying the "Made in Heaven" comment?

SC

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TECH

Regular

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, I have always been honest on this forum as well as that other one.

My confidence in the technology has NEVER waned, I plan on contacting both Peter and Anil for a comment on the
current situation, as my trust in this company was first borne out of forming friendships with the founders who I
have immense respect for.

Time is what is causing a lot of the heartache in my opinion.

Tech :rolleyes:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

1000016946.jpg
1000016948.jpg
1000016950.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Tezza

Regular
I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, I have always been honest on this forum as well as that other one.

My confidence in the technology has NEVER waned, I plan on contacting both Peter and Anil for a comment on the
current situation, as my trust in this company was first borne out of forming friendships with the founders who I

I agree time is the frustration along with the language that is used. Near future, imminent, soon etc. These are very wishy washy and leave alot of room for interpretation. Our leaders surely have a clearer view of timelines and should be able to forecast revenue in a more professional way. I am hoping for revenue this quarter but would be happy with a small number as long as a clear view of when proper revenue was expected.

Reactions: 7 users

GDJR69

Regular

Tech, I'd be grateful to know their view on the situation in due course. Regards, Yoda

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

SiDEvans

Regular
By the way… did anyone noticed his question before they removed the post?

Yes. He had asked BRN to explain the connection and why they had posted this news from Tachyum when the article made no direct mention of Akida BRN nor IP

• Fire

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I agree time is the frustration along with the language that is used. Near future, imminent, soon etc. These are very wishy washy and leave alot of room for interpretation. Our leaders surely have a clearer view of timelines and should be able to forecast revenue in a more professional way. I am hoping for revenue this quarter but would be happy with a small number as long as a clear view of when proper revenue was expected.
Of course we would all like certainty in our lives but it is not always available, no matter how stridently we ask for it.
In the nascent part of the industry we are developing, it is the incumbents who have the whip hand in any negotiations.

We have a new approach, a new way of doing things, which is only now being proven out in the "real" world, and whilst to enthusiasts and early recognisers like ourselves it may seem the obvious way to progress, we still lack that compelling use case or killer app which generates such heat and excitement that forces rapid change.
We saw a whiff of that with the MB announcement.
But that faded and without follow up news we became the plaything of share price manipulators, shorter's and day traders.

Since then, our managements strategy is to embed us in eco-systems, publicise our presence through appropriate forums and look the professional part in both scientific publications and corporate conduct.
We are in university's and labs and the hands of likely fabricators, all with an eye to future production and satisfaction of needs yet unrecognised.
We are backed by persons with track records of appropriate business acumen and contact lists which lend us credence.
All of which lends us the scaffolding of success.

But, at present, we are subject to the whims and vicissitudes of other's agendas and until the ink is dry on contracts dotted and crossed in triplicate, we await the news.
A longer wait than many of us anticipated, and undoubtedly longer than all would have hoped for, but, it is what it is.
And up to each of us to weigh against our personal and individual criteria and circumstances.
As for me......I just don't wanna be that Apple guy that sold for peanuts a few months short of the rainbow.
GLTAH

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

1720661996840.gif

• Haha
  • Love

DK6161

Regular
I think it was a fair response tbh.
You need to remember that when you invest in a company, you are taking a risk.
Right now most of the shareholders are very happy and proud of what Sean and the company have achieved so far.
He has taken the company from a little known Aussie battler to a multi-national business that employs hundreds and making potentially billion-dollar deals with the largest corporations in the world.
10 X Microsoft. The risk to reward ratio is just outrageous.
Akida Ballista!

Not advice.

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

7für7

Regular
Yes. He had asked BRN to explain the connection and why they had posted this news from Tachyum when the article made no direct mention of Akida BRN nor IP
1720663467640.gif

I mean him

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hi Dingo,

I guess that is just verifying the "Made in Heaven" comment?

SC
It's representative, of a whole lot more, than just that, SC 😉

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

rgupta

Regular
My understanding is that these expectations were based on the imminent use of Akida 1000.

As we all know Akida 2 was released not long after and caused most of our partners to revise their plan so that they can incorporate this improved version of our IP in their products.

So I believe redesigning these products with Akida 2 will delay our revenues by a further 2-3 years.

Not advice.
So your logic says if brainchip launches akida 3 with in next 2-3 years, that will push revenue by another 4-5 years!!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Have you forgotten about something? 🤔...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom