Top 20
What is the strange colour on the sp 🤔
1000016906.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

7für7

Regular
Unlike Mercedes announcement and renasas taping out announcement, this time it was started by brainchip about brainchip vvdn edge box. Sean had used that reference many times.
I assume they sell a few edge boxes before getting more orders but if that is not the case I would consider it management was lying to the market.
Even for a few days brainchip was taking orders @ 799 USD per box before showing sold out.
So let us wait and watch what company financials say about that and what management commentary of 4c tell us about that.
It can't be that complex. Pre-order was completed months ago.

View attachment 66275
No sure if it was the AGM but I thought that boxes would be delivered this quarter. Quarterly due in a few weeks so we should be updated then.

I wouldn't immediately assume intentional lying or concealment; that's all. It's easy to criticize from the outside without knowing the reasons behind decisions. Internal matters are contractually reserved for employees. In my opinion, external communication runs as it should.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Sony have a patent for a 3D pixel in which a layer of photovoltaic sensor elements of the pixel are deposited over a layer of processing circuitry, effectively doubling the surface of PV sensors in comparison with the existing system in which the processing circuitry and PV sensors are co-planar,

WO2022044553A1 SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE AND METHOD FOR MANUFACTURING SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE

View attachment 66228

a semiconductor device in which a plurality of semiconductor chips 160, 140, 130) are stacked, the semiconductor device having enhanced functionality while reducing manufacturing cost. The semiconductor chips include a light-receiving chip (130), a redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip (160), an intermediate semiconductor chip (140), a through-electrode (171), and redistribution wiring (141). The light-receiving chip receives incoming light. A wiring layer is formed on a predetermined wiring surface of the redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip. One of a pair of joint surfaces of the intermediate semiconductor chip is joined to the light-receiving chip, and the other is joined to the redistribution wiring-side semiconductor chip. The through-electrode extends through a semiconductor substrate of the intermediate semiconductor chip. The redistribution wiring is wired on a wiring surface and connects the through-electrode and the wiring layer.

The intermediate semiconductor chip 140 includes a wiring layer 141 and a semiconductor substrate 142. The wiring layer 141 is formed on the upper surface of the semiconductor substrate 142. Further, the wiring layer 141 of the intermediate semiconductor chip 140 is joined to the wiring layer 133 of the light receiving chip 130. The thick dotted line in the figure indicates the joint surface. The intermediate semiconductor chip 140 is provided with, for example,
a memory for holding image data and a signal processing circuit for processing the image data.

Sony have opted for analog NNs:

US2022020757A1 SEMICONDUCTOR STORAGE DEVICE AND NEURAL NETWORK DEVICE

A convolution neural network device is one of semiconductor storage devices, and includes a synapse circuit that performs multiply-accumulate operation and a buffer memory or the like that temporarily holds a multiply-accumulate operation result.

A neural network device according to one embodiment of the present disclosure includes a substrate, a first storage element, and a second storage element. The first storage element is formed on the substrate and includes a first insulating film. The first storage element functions as a buffer memory that temporarily stores a multiply-accumulate operation result. The second storage element is formed on the substrate and includes a second insulating film having a film thickness of equal to or greater than 0.5 times and equal to or less than 2 times a film thickness of the first insulating film. The second storage element differs from the first storage element in power consumption at a time of writing and functions as an analog multiplier-accumulator.
Can I ask Diogenese, regarding the patient here mentioning Anolog NN, does that mean BRN are excluded do you think from this Sony deal ?.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
2F6CB576-E71F-4EBB-9AE9-A8387EBD51D8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Cardpro

Regular
I hope there will be some good signs on the quarterly...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2...s-it-key-to-unlocking-on-device-generative-ai

Qualcomm CEO talking about AI PC's and their work with Microsoft and Co-Pilot+. This is with a NPU, and he says at the end, without the NPU it does not run, and you do not get 22 Hours battery life. Found it interesting but nothing to say we are involved, but nothing to say we aren't either.

SC

Well, that sucks, wrong link. Now can't find it.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

mrgds

Regular
Speaking of good signs @Cardpro ,

Years ago at a boat ramp, i came across a sign that had fallen off the post, took it home and displayed it on my bedroom door.

It read; "Mount and dis-mount area only, maximum time allowed 15mins "

That was back in the day when i could actually do 15 minutes ............... :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

7für7

Regular
Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Frangipani

Regular
B85E4E72-EA94-415F-ABA9-41CC0C592CBD.jpeg

(CS)²AI Online™ Seminar: Smart Grid AI: Can Artificial Intelligence Transform G​

menu-network-event-outline.svg

Network event
question

1 attendee from 112 groups hosting
Hosted By Sydney Cyber Security for Control Systems
Public group
question

Details​

Register now for this exciting discussion: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6456334917739156311?source=07172024meetupevent

Information technology (IT) has been transformed by the arrival of powerful new artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities like the generative AI of ChatGPT 4. Operational technology (OT), however, has additional considerations regarding availability and trustworthiness of AI, so questions exist as to how control systems like the SCADA and PLCs in the electric distribution grid can reap the benefits of AI while adhering to the rigorous security standards necessary for high consequence systems.
  • Can critical infrastructure like the smart grids that have enhanced electric grid operations be made even smarter with AI suited to OT?
  • Can such OT-AI use the enhanced security and low-latency enhancements of 5G (and eventually 6G) technologies, including the Open Radio Access Network (ORAN) protocols that are revolutionizing control systems and including software defined elements throughout next generation radio networks?
  • How will the governance considerations for critical infrastructure speed or hinder the development of OT-AI for a "brilliant grid" ready for what is next in the ever more challenging environment of state-backed cyber operations?
Please join CS2AI on July 17 at 1:00 pm ET for a discussion of the possible paths towards grid-appropriate, zero trust compliant OT-AI ready for the high stakes operational environment of the US electric distribution grid. Our guest, Harry Wingo, will discuss a few possibilities for smart grid AI. He will touch on new approaches being considered for smart grid cybersecurity and sustainability, the potential for ORAN to safely improve grid operations, the potential of new approaches to AI like neuromorphic computing, and the legal and policy considerations that should be considered by control system and cyber professionals interested in OT and deep learning.

Speaker:
Harry Wingo, Faculty Member at College of Information and Cyberspace, National Defense University, and CS2AI Fellow
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
## All past seminars and symposiums are available to paid CS2AI.ORG members. Check out the Resources area of our website in the Members Portal https://www.cs2ai.org/
## Becoming a paid member is quick and easy (and helps us keep offering these educational opportunities!). Join now! https://www.cs2ai.org/plans-pricing
## Certificates for Professional Development/Continuing Education Units (PDUs/CEUs) are available for all registered individuals who attend at least one hour of the event.
## If you're interested in speaking at a future (CS)2AI event, having your organization become a Strategic Alliance Partner, or engaging in any of the other ways available, please contact us on our https://www.cs2ai.org/get-involved
## Please note that (CS)2AI ONLINE events are provided free of charge as educational career development content through the support of our paid members and the generous contributions of our corporate Strategic Alliance Partners. Contact information used in registering for our directly supported seminars may be shared with sponsors funding those specific events. Unless noted on the Gotowebinar registration page, all events are open for direct funding support.

EA5AEE92-5BD1-4203-8FD1-B18EFDEDB54A.jpeg

3983D95D-097A-4591-9EEB-5A71AD618E08.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
... and here's another thing (about why I think it is not impossible that Valeo and Mercedes could be using Akida simulation software, in particular TeNNs).

We know TeNNs has not been produced in hardware. but on the BRN TeNNs webpage, there are some performance tables for TeNNs, which can only have been produced by software simulation or by the use of some performance estimation software, but, since we have the simulation software in MetaTF, we can discount the second alternative.

These tables show TeNNs performance of real world tasks, eg:

1720600704343.png

This demonstrates the practicality of using the TeNNs simulation software in actual use cases.

As I've mentioned before, with the special co-development EAP partnerships, such as Valeo and Mercedes, who have been aware of TeNNs for over 2 years,, and who have pressing needs to get to market before their competitors and cannot afford to wait for the Akida 2 silicon or even the finalized IP, Akida software simulation could be a viable option.

Now I'm not suggesting that Sean should change horses in mid-stream and immediately set up a software business, but it is something which could be considered for the future.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

itsol4605

Regular
... and here's another thing (about why I think it is not impossible that Valeo and Mercedes could be using Akida simulation software, in particular TeNNs).

We know TeNNs has not been produced in hardware. but on the BRN TeNNs webpage, there are some performance tables for TeNNs, which can only have been produced by software simulation or by the use of some performance estimation software, but, since we have the simulation software in MetaTF, we can discount the second alternative.

These tables show TeNNs performance of real world tasks, eg:

View attachment 66293

This demonstrates the practicality of using the TeNNs simulation software in actual use cases.

As I've mentioned before, with the special co-development EAP partnerships, such as Valeo and Mercedes, who have been aware of TeNNs for over 2 years,, and who have pressing needs to get to market before their competitors and cannot afford to wait for the Akida 2 silicon or even the finalized IP, Akida software simulation could be a viable option.

Now I'm not suggesting that Sean should change horses in mid-stream and immediately set up a software business, but it is something which could be considered for the future.
Is Akida software simulation free of charge?

DK6161

Regular
Mate, I hope you're joking because I am so sick and tired of explaining about our business model. It takes years and decades to build a moat of IPs, collaborations, and then product development.
If you are so sick of our lack of revenue, then please do us a favour and sell up.
Sick of people not understanding what they invest in!
Hold long enough and you'll be rewarded handsomely. It is just a matter of when!
I spoke to Sean yesterday and sounds like things are happening in the background.

Not advice

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Frangipani

Regular
This is interesting. Softbank plans to unleash the potential of space-based technologies like satellite communications...

Whilst there is no mention of neuromorphic computing per se, we know that ESA and ISL are investigating the use of neuromorphic processors for AI/ML power and mass/volume optimisation in space. Obviously satellites have limitations, but technologies like edge processing and cognitive radio can optimize these limited communication resources.

The article describes Softbank's collaboration with OneWeb. And, intriguingly Nandan Nyampally liked a Linkedin Post from Relativity Space announcing a Launch Services Agreement between OneWeb and Relativity Space (see screenshot below article). And Relativity Space also work closely with NASA.

So, it maybe worth keeping an eye (or a thousand) on this for future developments.

Published 6 July 2024
View attachment 66208

View attachment 66209

Crediting me with this find would have wounded your pride, eh?
Why else would you have deliberately cropped a screenshot of my June 19, 2023 post before reposting it, taking utmost care to cut off my avatar?!

FA9971AB-F8C7-401F-81D8-412B4CFABB57.jpeg

Well, anyway, for those of you interested in what I had researched about OneWeb at the time, feel free to (re)read that post in full length:

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-313779

With the benefit of hindsight, though, I must concede we don’t seem to have been involved in JoeySat, otherwise there wouldn’t have been all those excited Akida in Space! social media posts by our company only after the launch of the ANT61 Brain computer onboard the Optimus-1 spacecraft that now unfortunately seems to be lost in space. For those who missed the sad news that @Iseki shared with us last month: despite relentless efforts, Spaces Machines’ mission control has been unable to establish communications with Optimus-1.

By the way, its successor, Optimus-2, is scheduled to be launched in 2026 by an Indian mission - the deal was signed in Delhi two weeks ago. Whether or not Akida will be onboard that new satellite remains to be seen…

Historic signing to see India launch largest Australian-made spacecraft​

27 June 2024
Space%20Machines%20Company%20%E2%80%93%20Optimus%20Render.jpg

A 2026 Indian mission will launch the largest Australian-made spacecraft into orbit, after a historic signing in Delhi.

The details of the mission – Space MAITRI (Mission for Australia-India’s Technology, Research and Innovation) – was announced on Thursday following an agreement between Australia’s Space Machines Company and India’s NewSpace India Limited (NSIL).

The agreement will see Space Machines Company’s second Optimus spacecraft, a 450 kg Orbital Servicing Vehicle, launched on NSIL's Small Satellite Launch Vehicle. It is the first dedicated launch agreement between Australia and India.
The mission will focus on debris management and sustainability and will significantly advance Australia’s domestic space industry, by combining Australian spacecraft capabilities with India's launch expertise.

New launchpad for Australian-Indian commercial space ties​

Earlier this year, the Australian Government announced funding for three collaborative space projects, including $8.5 million for Space MAITRI.
The announced projects were a part of the Australian Space Agency’s $18 million International Space Investment India (ISI) Projects program to strengthen the space economy for the two partner nations.

Head of the Australian Space Agency, Enrico Palermo, said the agreement is an important step towards enhancing Australia’s space heritage and strengthening the nation’s relationship with India.

“This formal agreement and mission will leverage our countries’ respective capabilities and unique strengths to make space activities more sustainable.”

“Like India, Australia’s commercial space sector is rapidly growing, and we are producing innovative space technologies that benefit life on Earth. The mission will inspire future explorers and further enhance international cooperation in this critical domain,” said Mr Palermo.

Last week, Mr Palermo hosted His Excellency Gopal Baglay, High Commissioner of India to Australia, Dr S Janakiraman, Consul General of India for Sydney, and other Indian representatives for a bilateral meeting at the Australian Space Agency’s Headquarters in Adelaide. The attendees emphasised the importance of strengthening bilateral ties and enhancing space capabilities.

Shared commitment to sustainable space operations​

The Space MAITRI mission involves several Australian and Indian partner companies collaborating with Space Machines Company, including Digantara, Ananth Technologies, The University of Adelaide, The University of Sydney, The University of Technology Sydney, LeoLabs, Advanced Navigation, and the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.

“The Space MAITRI mission and our collaboration with NSIL represents a significant leap forward for Australia’s space industry. By combining our innovative spacecraft capabilities with India’s proven launch expertise, we are not only strengthening the ties between our nations’ space sectors but also demonstrating our shared commitment to sustainable space operations,” said Rajat Kulshrestha, CEO and Co-Founder of Space Machines Company.
India’s space sector is the fastest growing in the world, and is expected to grow by US$47.3 billion by 2032, and we continue to strengthen collaboration between our respective space industries across mutual priority areas.

• Love
  • Fire

Kozikan

Regular
Mate, I hope you're joking because I am so sick and tired of explaining about our business model. It takes years and decades to build a moat of IPs, collaborations, and then product development.
If you are so sick of our lack of revenue, then please do us a favour and sell up.
Sick of people not understanding what they invest in!
Hold long enough and you'll be rewarded handsomely. It is just a matter of when!
I spoke to Sean yesterday and sounds like things are happening in the background.

Not advice
Hahahaha.
Funny guy.
You make a much better comic than a long term investor imo

Good Luck Chum

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Enjoying the Show folks?...

• Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Crediting me with this find would have wounded your pride, eh?
Why else would you have deliberately cropped a screenshot of my June 19, 2023 post before reposting it, taking utmost care to cut off my avatar?!

View attachment 66292

Well, anyway, for those of you interested in what I had researched about OneWeb at the time, feel free to (re)read that post in full length:

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-313779

With the benefit of hindsight, though, I must concede we don’t seem to have been involved in JoeySat, otherwise there wouldn’t have been all those excited Akida in Space! social media posts by our company only after the launch of the ANT61 Brain computer onboard the Optimus-1 spacecraft that now unfortunately seems to be lost in space. For those who missed the sad news that @Iseki shared with us last month: despite relentless efforts, Spaces Machines’ mission control has been unable to establish communications with Optimus-1.

By the way, its successor, Optimus-2, is scheduled to be launched in 2026 by an Indian mission - the deal was signed in Delhi two weeks ago. Whether or not Akida will be onboard that new satellite remains to be seen…

Historic signing to see India launch largest Australian-made spacecraft​

27 June 2024
Space%20Machines%20Company%20%E2%80%93%20Optimus%20Render.jpg

A 2026 Indian mission will launch the largest Australian-made spacecraft into orbit, after a historic signing in Delhi.

The details of the mission – Space MAITRI (Mission for Australia-India’s Technology, Research and Innovation) – was announced on Thursday following an agreement between Australia’s Space Machines Company and India’s NewSpace India Limited (NSIL).

The agreement will see Space Machines Company’s second Optimus spacecraft, a 450 kg Orbital Servicing Vehicle, launched on NSIL's Small Satellite Launch Vehicle. It is the first dedicated launch agreement between Australia and India.
The mission will focus on debris management and sustainability and will significantly advance Australia’s domestic space industry, by combining Australian spacecraft capabilities with India's launch expertise.

New launchpad for Australian-Indian commercial space ties​

Earlier this year, the Australian Government announced funding for three collaborative space projects, including $8.5 million for Space MAITRI.
The announced projects were a part of the Australian Space Agency’s $18 million International Space Investment India (ISI) Projects program to strengthen the space economy for the two partner nations.

Head of the Australian Space Agency, Enrico Palermo, said the agreement is an important step towards enhancing Australia’s space heritage and strengthening the nation’s relationship with India.

“This formal agreement and mission will leverage our countries’ respective capabilities and unique strengths to make space activities more sustainable.”

Last week, Mr Palermo hosted His Excellency Gopal Baglay, High Commissioner of India to Australia, Dr S Janakiraman, Consul General of India for Sydney, and other Indian representatives for a bilateral meeting at the Australian Space Agency’s Headquarters in Adelaide. The attendees emphasised the importance of strengthening bilateral ties and enhancing space capabilities.

Shared commitment to sustainable space operations​

The Space MAITRI mission involves several Australian and Indian partner companies collaborating with Space Machines Company, including Digantara, Ananth Technologies, The University of Adelaide, The University of Sydney, The University of Technology Sydney, LeoLabs, Advanced Navigation, and the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.

“The Space MAITRI mission and our collaboration with NSIL represents a significant leap forward for Australia’s space industry. By combining our innovative spacecraft capabilities with India’s proven launch expertise, we are not only strengthening the ties between our nations’ space sectors but also demonstrating our shared commitment to sustainable space operations,” said Rajat Kulshrestha, CEO and Co-Founder of Space Machines Company.
India’s space sector is the fastest growing in the world, and is expected to grow by US$47.3 billion by 2032, and we continue to strengthen collaboration between our respective space industries across mutual priority areas.

Sorry, my bad. I thought this was a collective effort.

icegif-804.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Top Bottom