BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bloodsy

Regular
1718231521257.png

Also running in tandem with a prophesee EVK4 setup!
Awesome video and good to see a robotics setup running with neuromorphic!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Shut up! You are talking too much of the truth, which is frowned upon in this cult.
Just watch the financials.....oh wait

All the ex ARM employees are slowly and quietly leaving the company.
The next big announcement will be another another podcast. Enough said.
1718232883634.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users
They def been trying Akida out.

Post on an Ericsson paper in Dec.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Iseki

Regular
Does anyone know time frame on Ant61 and turning Brainchip on???
I have not heard anything about it since takeoff
Sad sad news I'm afraid.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

toasty

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Buy/Sell Ratio looking a bit more positive!! :)

1718237184416.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Iseki

Regular
Hmmmm, more fodder for the doubters I guess........... 😢
Maybe. Apart from the robotic arm powered by Akida, Ant61 also have their product called the Beacon, that was meant to prevent this type of mishap.

Best thing is to think of SpaceX's initial rocket launch that failed, but look at them now.

Reactions: 4 users

toasty

Regular
Maybe. Apart from the robotic arm powered by Akida, Ant61 also have their product called the Beacon, that was meant to prevent this type of mishap.

Best thing is to think of SpaceX's initial rocket launch that failed, but look at them now.
I hear what you're saying but Ant61 certainly doesn't have the financial resources of SpaceX. Here's hoping they can find the funding to have another crack.........

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
This unfortunate failure is not reflective on Akida.
Space is a difficult and unforgiving proving ground.
Everyone who has ever ventured there has the scars to prove it.
It is just why eventual success is so valuable and illustrative that we continue our associations with NASA, ESA and the private operations into the future. Once proven in these "stretching the envelope" type scenarios, identifying spoiled fruit in the fridge, or our tabby from the neighbours at the cat door, will be a doddle.
Commiserations to the team at Space Machines.
Hopefully you can gather your resources and move on to greater success.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Not sure if this has been posted?
Interesting response to the question posed by Markus May

Alf Kuchenbuch, how do you assess the general interest at ICNCE 24 and what is your conclusion?

Alf KuchenbuchView Alf Kuchenbuch’s profile • 3rd+​

VP of Sales, EMEA at Brainchip
4d
Dear Markus May, Thank you for this great question.
I was only able to attend the conference for 1 day this year, but I will be back next year for more. Then I hope to meet Max Lemme and all the other experts in their fields.
I experienced the congress as academic (as it's meant to be, I think), so I am not sure if the amazing scientific efforts which I saw invested in neuromorphic processing reflect the general interest of the industry. What I can say from my own perspective: I think it's time for neuromorphic processing to boldly step into visibility!
Part of that missing visibility today is the fact that lowcost neuromorphic hardware is not readily available. An example: a few weeks ago I ordered an Arduino Nicla Vision online for small money. 2 days later I had it on my desk. I downloaded the IDE and was able to experience a lot of Nicla's capabilities within a few hours. When I got stuck I watched a few tutorial videos on Youtube and browsed the Arduino forum to find support. It was so easy - and fun! - to gain hands-on experience with this Arduino.
I don't see this in neuromorphic processing… How cool would it be to have a similar experience… Just my personal 2 cents - and my Christmas wish to Santa Claus.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
I thought this was very interesting, Elon saying not really using cnns anymore??

Brainchip researcher leaping to Elons defence? View attachment 64742 View attachment 64743
Ahh Yan LeCun..

The computer scientist who quipped "no" to neuromorphic computing having a Future..

A scientist trapped in the past, unwilling to look forward..

He still thinks CNNs, are the bees knees 🙄..🤣..

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Sad sad news I'm afraid.
The last small part of a quote at the end, from "Teddy's" speech, deserves the full quote.

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

—Theodore Roosevelt
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

7für7

Regular
Sad sad news I'm afraid.

“Next giant leap​

But, as SpaceX and others have demonstrated, setbacks are inevitable and necessary milestones on the path to success. What separates the explorers from bystanders is having the courage to persist, the resolve to capitalise on learnings, and the resilience to bounce back stronger from shortfalls.

Our focus remains on the new missions on the horizon. We already have plans to build our next Optimus spacecraft and have been proud to have the support of the Australian Space Agency, as well as our many partners. Set to launch in 2026, our next-generation spacecraft will incorporate valuable lessons learnt from our first mission.

Having demonstrated what a small, determined Australian team can achieve through relentless perseverance, our outlook is steeled with even greater ambition and confidence.

The story of Optimus encapsulates the essence of the Australian spirit. Our nation has an immense opportunity to embrace this pioneering mindset and lead humanity’s next great leap into the high frontier of space exploration and innovation.

Make no mistake - the journey ahead will be paved with further tribulations and trials. But this is the price that must be paid to cement Australia’s status as a space power catalysing critical innovation for the future of our pale blue dot. So we press onward, undaunted, with a simple creed echoing the words of Teddy Roosevelt: “It is not the critic who counts ... The credit belongs to [those who are] actually in the arena.””

I’m excited 🤷🏻‍♂️ so, you see your mindset is not recommendable for people who search solutions and see the positive vibes of changing times! That’s exciting times especially for an Australian company who made its first steps Into space! And also, you don’t even know what is responsible for losing the contact. But all you can do is taking an article regarding the mission and connect it with brainchip because you want to point out negativity. If they would write something positive, you would say “hmm nothing mentioned about akida”

Reactions: 7 users

Iseki

Regular

“Next giant leap​

But, as SpaceX and others have demonstrated, setbacks are inevitable and necessary milestones on the path to success. What separates the explorers from bystanders is having the courage to persist, the resolve to capitalise on learnings, and the resilience to bounce back stronger from shortfalls.

Our focus remains on the new missions on the horizon. We already have plans to build our next Optimus spacecraft and have been proud to have the support of the Australian Space Agency, as well as our many partners. Set to launch in 2026, our next-generation spacecraft will incorporate valuable lessons learnt from our first mission.

Having demonstrated what a small, determined Australian team can achieve through relentless perseverance, our outlook is steeled with even greater ambition and confidence.

The story of Optimus encapsulates the essence of the Australian spirit. Our nation has an immense opportunity to embrace this pioneering mindset and lead humanity’s next great leap into the high frontier of space exploration and innovation.

Make no mistake - the journey ahead will be paved with further tribulations and trials. But this is the price that must be paid to cement Australia’s status as a space power catalysing critical innovation for the future of our pale blue dot. So we press onward, undaunted, with a simple creed echoing the words of Teddy Roosevelt: “It is not the critic who counts ... The credit belongs to [those who are] actually in the arena.””

I’m excited 🤷🏻‍♂️ so, you see your mindset is not recommendable for people who search solutions and see the positive vibes of changing times! That’s exciting times especially for an Australian company who made its first steps Into space! And also, you don’t even know what is responsible for losing the contact. But all you can do is taking an article regarding the mission and connect it with brainchip because you want to point out negativity. If they would write something positive, you would say “hmm nothing mentioned about akida”
I’m excited 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sure you are. But you don't seem to have any critical facility.

If Sean can't find a licensee for our IP, he should look for a wealthy partner to buy some of our shares. A lot of them.
To keep diluting the value of existing shareholders and raise money from capital raising at this stage is lazy and contemptible.

So you're not really excited are you.. You're asleep with half a frankfurter rolling about your chaise-lounge. Wake up!

Frangipani

Regular
Hmmmm....I know we had advertised for same role but now there is a R Systems Inc involved? Haven't viewed then side by side yet but look pretty similar from memory.

I see the CMSIS and Edge Impulse experience requests too. CMSIS appears a standard attached to ARM for obvious reasons?

Senior Machine Learning Engineer​

• Laguna Hills, CA
  • Posted 10 hours ago | Updated 10 hours ago

Save
Apply now

Dice Match​

Overview

On Site

Depends on Experience

Accepts corp to corp applications
Contract - W2
Contract - 9 Month(s)
Skills
machine learning
C++
SDK
CMSIS
Show 1 more

Job Details​

Position: Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Duration: 6 to 9 Months Contract to Hire
SUMMARY:
  • A principal goal for the Sr. AI/ML Engineering is to bridge core engineering activities into commercialization efforts.
  • This includes technical analyzing and building models, starting with the pipeline, training and deployment to Akida Edge based hardware.
  • This is a hands-on position, working as team member in resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues.
  • This position needs to be able to understand and maintain working, technical knowledge of our client s core technologies in order to provide full top level technical support for client model zoo.
  • The Akida model zoo is targeted to support and solve problems for computer vision (classification, object detection), audio processing (keyword spotting), sensor fusion, and anomaly detection.
  • You must be able to communicate effectively at the engineering level with the internal engineers and management teams as well as external customers, understand their objectives and needs to develop and articulate solutions to address customers requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • ENGINEERING Work with Sales and Engineering members, to support customers and help develop technical solutions for Client Akida Neuromorphic IP, NPU System-on-Chip (NSoC) and software that enables full front to back solutions, from training to edge-based deployment.
  • Helps define deliverables, and work in tandem with the customer engagement and engineering teams to produce and deliver workflows, products and services for both Client current and future customers as well as eco-systems partners.
  • Work closely with Product, Sales, Engineering and Advanced Research to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in technology handoff for commercialization and delivery.
  • As a team member gaining fundamental knowledge related to machine learning functions and field deployments of NPU IP and use cases.
  • Be a critical part of the customer engineering team, developing workflows and procedures for implementing models into a process so that customers have an easy well documented process.
  • Working with the other AI/ML and HW/SW team members, to clearly define the hardware and s/w tool roadmap with critical milestones, dependencies to meet milestones that are agreed upon.
  • MARKETING Participate in strategy and execute continuous benchmarking activities to ensure market competitiveness; identify strengths/weaknesses; feedback to organization for improvement.
  • Along with Sales, lead the definition, design, and launch of customer centric evaluation boards and or modules to highlight company value-add and differentiation.
  • Part of the team that performs basic application layer s/w coding, debugging and optimizing process from building models to edge deployment specifically targeted towards edge-based design with serious constraint on power and latency.
  • SALES Train and deploy models based on public and custom datasets to implement a real-life demonstration system to correlate assumptions related to ease of use, performance, and applications.
  • Be the first to back up sales and field technical team sales team of system architects and AI/ML engineers.
  • Handle basic level of application advice.
  • In conjunction with Product Marketing Team, deliver technical content for customer collateral (and consumption) Serve as a catalyst for growth in the marketplace by representing Client at technical conferences and events to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, and trends impacting the AI Industry.
  • Working knowledge of design processes and methodology; (ie ISO, Automotive Qualification) Ensure all technical documentation is customer- friendly and consumable.
  • GENERAL Develop service level standards focused on response times, issue resolution, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
  • Establish policies and procedures that produce high quality customer support and that reflect industry best practices.
  • Ensure systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues.
  • Manage resource decision-making, planning, and best practices.
  • Align technical customer support activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.
  • Take ownership of unresolved technical issues, and bridge with Sales and Engineering teams to solve and/or develop solutions.
  • Manage customer technical relationships as required and work with internal resources to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
  • Communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group.
QUALIFICATIONS:
  • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
  • The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
  • Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience:
  • B.S. in Computer Science, or EE; will consider experience in lieu of education.
  • Requires a very high technical acumen and understanding of machine learning and deep learning experience using Python, TensorFlow.
  • Should have hands on experience in being a part of small team and various matrixes from engineering, corporate applications and marketing.
  • Firsthand experience with object classification, object detection, face recognition, keyword spotting a plus and other ML networks and deep understanding.
  • Ideally should come from AI focused company either from engineering development group or an application engineering group for a AI product Fist hand knowledge of SDK like CMSIS, Edge Impulse or other AI/ML deployment platforms for the edge.
  • Experience with Git version control system Experience in CPUs, Tools and methodologies, machine learning, C++ programming PCB design, layout, and bring-up experience a plus.
  • Has been a part of a small tiger team, with strict deliverables and milestones Has been in front line customer support role.
  • Comfortable as a player coach this is a very small team and the member needs to spend 80% doing and 20% contributing to high level objectives.
Other Skills and Abilities:
  • Strong verbal and written communication skills
  • Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence.
  • Ability to effectively communicate with persons of various social, cultural, , and educational backgrounds
  • Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, and analytical skills
  • Desire to be involved in a diverse and creative work environment.
  • Must be a self-starter with mindset for growth and real passion for continuous learning.
  • Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents, such as policies and procedures, routine mail, contracts and instruction manuals.
  • Ability to compose routine reports and correspondence
Report this job
  • Dice Id: rsystems
  • Position Id: 8316254
  • Posted 10 hours ago

Looks like this role will be a resident engineer based at Brainchip HQ.

Possibly given the Laguna but could just an indenifier and is outsourced remote through R Systems on contract for ~ 9 mths. Sounds almost project based on something :unsure:

I wouldn’t read too much into it.

It’s the exact wording indeed - a copy-and-paste of a recent BrainChip job description (3/3), except for the header and the duration info (6-9 months contract to hire), whereas the original BrainChip job description appears to be about a permanent contract with annual compensation stated to be in the range of US$ 125,000 - US$ 200,000.👇🏻

There are currently three job openings listed on the BrainChip website:

View attachment 64048

While we don’t know whether these are additional jobs created due to high demand from current resp. prospective customers or replacements for employees having left / about to leave our company, these job descriptions are nevertheless intriguing, as they offer a glimpse at things to come.

I merely skimmed them, underlining some parts I found particularly informative, but as a technical layperson, I may have missed some crucial new info that would be quite obvious to others here.

View attachment 64063

View attachment 64051

I like the way BrainChip and Akida are being described here:

“Come join the company leading the technical revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.”

Self-driving cars! Obviously no surprise as such, as we all know that those will benefit from neuromorphic technology, but wasn’t the more general term “automotive” used until now?

We hadn’t really heard about agricultural equipment in a while, had we?

Real-time operating systems (ROTS) - makes sense because of the ultra-low latency required for those, but I can’t recall having stumbled across the term before.

View attachment 64053
View attachment 64054

Mention of the next version of the Akida NSoC and LLMs!!!

What is meant by “the Akida 1.0/2.0 hardware device”? 🤔

View attachment 64055

View attachment 64056
View attachment 64057

🐅 team experience required for this player-coach position.
This job description sounds to me as if they are looking for an almost superhuman chief cook and bottle washer?!

Also interesting that applicants should preferably have a B.Sc. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; however, experience in lieu of education will be considered!

I had already noticed in last month’s job offer for a new HR manager (replacing Sheila Sabanal-Lau) that our company recently implemented cost saving measures by limiting the legendary free lunch to 2-3 times a week! 😂

As this supposed R Systems job listing doesn’t show up on the company’s own website, though, I’ll venture a guess it was most likely some sort of company mix-up by a Dice employee?

DB643D8F-0E5C-4CF3-A442-3609898B865C.jpeg

Also, R Systems doesn’t even have an office anywhere in BrainChip’s Southern California vicinity, only one near Sacramento.

I can imagine BrainChip engineers being deployed to other companies for technical support, but not other companies’ engineers placed with BrainChip at their Laguna Hills HQ?

Also to me this job description doesn’t point to a one-off project, but to a comprehensive role within the company.

71CD7705-817C-4271-9A3C-A34303FC3F50.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
I’m excited 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sure you are. But you don't seem to have any critical facility.

If Sean can't find a licensee for our IP, he should look for a wealthy partner to buy some of our shares. A lot of them.
To keep diluting the value of existing shareholders and raise money from capital raising at this stage is lazy and contemptible.

So you're not really excited are you.. You're asleep with half a frankfurter rolling about your chaise-lounge. Wake up!
1718269144449.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
So people moan about the shorters pushing the SP down, but what’s everyone prospective regarding the recent jump in sp from 0.16 to over 0.4 only to see it fall back to 0.2 again? As this must be an orchestrated pump and dump by someone? Or is it the same people that that know how to short the SP that also know how to pump and dump it?

Reactions: 3 users

DK6161

Regular
So people moan about the shorters pushing the SP down, but what’s everyone prospective regarding the recent jump in sp from 0.16 to over 0.4 only to see it fall back to 0.2 again? As this must be an orchestrated pump and dump by someone? Or is it the same people that that know how to short the SP that also know how to pump and dump it?
Joe Biden What GIF by The Democrats
SP went up because of our logo used in the Intel Foundry presentation. Since then nothing happened, hence the SP when back to 💩

rgupta

Regular
Hi DB,

Nvidia are currently producing chips that are cutting edge, first in class, kick arse and light years ahead of all competitors. They control something like 80% of their market and the real kicker........They are producing chips with a 75% profit margin!

BRN went down the IP route because it was meant to be more profitable than producing actual chips. Nvidia have destroyed that line of thinking!

Ground breaking chips/h/ware are leading the way in AI.

Yes, we are targeting the edge, I get the difference.

So, maybe we tune into the Nvidia model rather than the ARM model and sell the world on using the Akida neuromorphic chips that we produce at a stonkingly huge profit margin.

We seem to be really good at hardware.
The problem seems to be that our software is........

SHIT!!!
Brainchip is a brainchild of PVDM and then Anil joined as Co founder. From day one PVDM is believing on technology and very less on market forces. Brainchip never try to give any financial institution a big favor ( other than the deal with LDA) even worse they never try to make a big tech company a joint partner. Producing like Nvidia needs a lot of capital investments and brainchip theory does not like trying to explore those options. As a company founders and management are happy with small holders. It is a risk brainchip is negotiating through last 8-9 years. So now when we are so close to success I don't think brainchip should change their position and practically speaking the same may not be possible either until present management proves the worth in the technology.
So yes NVidia and their business model is a distant dream for brainchip.
Dyor

Top Bottom