BRN Discussion Ongoing

Frangipani

Regular

Pedro Machado, a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at Nottingham Trent University must have been a little giddy and trembling with excitement while typing this LinkedIn post about his uni joining “the race of Neuromorphic Computing by being [one] of the pioneers accelerating SNNs on the Alkida’s Brainchip.🤣 You gotta love his enthusiasm, though!

9CB6EEBD-C0EF-4491-948E-9ECE6ECF3CD4.jpeg

F9195575-C6F0-4779-BF74-22CB9075DEAC.jpeg

804BA420-6784-477F-84D6-FD57F9C4D6A0.jpeg

Akida will be useful for their ongoing project on “Position Aware Activity Recognition”:

433A7DEE-9186-4615-AC7A-A31D4748771D.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Frangipani

Regular

These days, references to Akida are no longer limited to research papers and PhD theses, but are starting to show up in Bachelor theses as well:

98DDF6CF-F868-4FDA-A189-57220CBA8482.jpeg

D9BE39F6-7114-4A93-A150-A3FA6D3D5E06.jpeg

4DDB5460-6AC0-44C5-8CEC-BECFE9362C04.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

BrainShit

Regular
1000034003.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
There was extremely strong demand at the time, as DK said, due to the Intel Foundry convention and the publicity that gave us.

View attachment 64776

There is always manipulation, but strong volume and demand is "harder" to fake (though Market Movers can still encourage it).

The value of something in this World, is purely based on what people are prepared to pay for it.

Any other factors, are pretty much irrelevant.

People are currently paying AUD$102,166.91 for a Bitcoin, something that will never produce an income and you cannot see or hold.

It's value is based purely on the "Greater Fool" theory, in my opinion.
(sorry all you crypto lovers 😛).

Share spikes and dips, are also like this.
A fool to sell so low and a fool to buy so high.

The Intel exposure (as well as the Mercedes reveal) were just tastes, of what demand can do, for the shares in our Company.

This is the "joy" of being on the speculative side of Town.

When BrainChip lands a significant IP deal, the "dream" will begin it's crystallization into reality and the share price will move 4 or 5 times it's current value.

Future success, will begin to be baked into the share price.

Manipulation will continue, but at higher levels.

Ultimately, as we all know, BrainChip must prove the value of it's IP in the Marketplace.
Once this happens though, it will be very hard, to place a value, on a hot commodity.

Right now, we are in no man's land.
Thanks for you input 👍 especially aa I’m still waiting to top up 😁

Reactions: 5 users
It’s really shocking how bad it’s really gotten over at HC

1718304712838.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Seems Nvidia are still determined to ignore neuromorphic....continued mention of air and water cooled......................
NVIDIA have sold the sledgehammer approach to AI very well (I call it AI by GRUNT) and have been rewarded fabulously for it—a hangover from crypto mining maybe. And while excessive energy consumption is still not an issue for data centres, and many AI systems, who simply add extra green (and perceived to be free) energy generators (wind, solar etc), I doubt NVIDIA will need to consider energy efficiency. They sell the perception of AI by GRUNT and want everyone to think that’s the only way to do it.

I call it a perception of AI, because throwing immense resources at a problem in order to do something clever, very fast is not my idea of AI.

The world doesn’t yet comprehend what intelligence is, let alone artificial intelligence, nor AI at the edge. Power consumption at the edge is critical—and this is where Akida will rule.

I view intelligence as reasoning to an acceptably correct result given completely new information, and even with information missing.

The closest thing I’ve ever seen to true AI is the Tiger demonstration by BrainChip. Being trained with a single toy tiger, oriented in one direction, maybe two, and being able to reason that a picture of a real Tiger is also a Tiger. Now that IS AI and should be shouted out to the world as load as possible.

One-shot, and even two-shot learning is critical to getting people to accept the true worth of Akida.

AI by Grunt systems need to be trained with thousands of different pictures and then can only chose a solution if presented with an image that is contained within that training set, or so close that it is pretty much indistinguishable. That is simply a database lookup and has zero intelligence. It can only use logic that is coded into it. It cannot deviate from that code!

MetaAI and ChatGP have astounded me with the relevance of their answers. But still, not AI IMHO.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Summary: Researchers have developed a novel image sensor that significantly improves the ability to track neural voltage changes, crucial for understanding brain functions like memory. The new CMOS technology allows individual pixel timing control, enhancing light capture without sacrificing speed.

In experiments described in the study, Zhang and Wilson’s team demonstrates how “pixelwise” programmability enabled them to improve visualization of neural voltage “spikes,” which are the signals neurons use to communicate with each other, and even the more subtle, momentary fluctuations in their voltage that constantly occur between those spiking events.

“Measuring with single-spike resolution is really important as part of our research approach,” said senior author Wilson, a Professor in MIT’s Departments of Biology and Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS), whose lab studies how the brain encodes and refines spatial memories both during wakeful exploration and during sleep.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Q. Does artificial intelligence need a neuromorphic system to grow?

A. That’s what we believe.

Q. Will we see a neuromorphic chip in a personal computer or smart phone?

A. I think so, it’s a matter of time frame. You won’t see that in the next year, but the technology will mature and I think that you will see it deployed into edge devices [data processing that takes place close to its origin to ensure speed and efficiency] or mobile devices, autonomous vehicles, drones or your laptop.
Our Hala Point device is designed for the data center. It’s a box the size of a large microwave. But if we look at nature, you find brains of all sizes. Insect brains are very impressive, even at that small scale. And then you have, of course, the human brain. We are pursuing both directions of that research. We believe that the commercialization will happen in the edge devices first, but there’s a need to keep pushing and doing research at the large scale.

At the data center, we will probably be able to see these systems in five years

Q. When will they be ready?

A. It’s hard to predict because there are still open research questions. At the data center, it’s probably something like five years. We also see in the future that everything will need to operate off of battery power, and the power savings that neuromorphic can offer are extremely important.

There are also somewhat less obvious applications, like wireless base stations for cell phone infrastructure. We are working with Ericsson to better optimize communication channels.

1000016399.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

DK6161

Regular
View attachment 64815
Very promising.
Hopefully this will compete with the Ray Ban Meta.
TCL needs to improve on the current glasses design for a start. That think is ugly.
Hopefully something comes out of this partnership and not just another dead end for everyone.

Not advice. DYOR

Shadow59

Regular
View attachment 64815
Prophesee mention only their sensors. Ultraleap apparently have some sort of AI they've been using. Not sure that it includes Akida.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

DK6161

Regular
Prophesee mention only their sensors. Ultraleap apparently have some sort of AI they've been using. Not sure that it includes Akida.
Go away down ramper!
I am sure you'll include this in your next MF article. 🤡

• Haha

DK6161

Regular
Pia selling her shares does not bring any confidence in her own commitment. Especially at this price. Would love to hear something from her about Brainchip. Anything.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Quatrojos

Regular
sunbathing nia lovelis GIF by Hey Violet
Pia selling her shares does not bring any confidence in her own commitment. Especially at this price. Would love to hear something from her about Brainchip. Anything.
Sorry, did you say something?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

7für7

Top 20
I’m excited 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sure you are. But you don't seem to have any critical facility.

If Sean can't find a licensee for our IP, he should look for a wealthy partner to buy some of our shares. A lot of them.
To keep diluting the value of existing shareholders and raise money from capital raising at this stage is lazy and contemptible.

So you're not really excited are you.. You're asleep with half a frankfurter rolling about your chaise-lounge. Wake up!
I think you didn't understand what I wrote. Let me make it clear. I'm not a beginner in this business like you and your T&J and The Dean friends who mess around here with other nicknames. I haven't sold my last pants to buy shares. It doesn't even occur to you that other investors took out their initial investment at the all-time high and maybe some profit, letting the rest ride. No, you don't think that far. You just invest $100 (if that) to boast about doubling it at $200. You're just fortune hunters looking for the perfect rise by any means, lacking knowledge and information about the company and technology. Your constant whining and negativity show you don't see anything positive in life. Work on that, and you'll be on the winning side! Just a little tip... not investment advice. Better you wake up

Reactions: 5 users

mrgds

Regular
For tax purposes , re; vesting of performance rights ..................

Reactions: 4 users

7für7

Top 20
For tax purposes , re; vesting of performance rights ..................
As I mentioned before. Some people here don’t understand much about your Australian tax rules ether 🤷🏻‍♂️ shows me they are newcomer, Kids or just storyteller

• Love

Probably just paying out the loan of her house, thats all......

Top Bottom