1000015845.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

rgupta

Regular
Is it?

Hi manny100,

I presume you meant to say commercial neuromorphic Edge AI solutions rather than commercial Edge AI solutions in general? But even then, your statement is incorrect. SynSense also offers commercial neuromorphic solutions by now, and so does Innatera:

See this article dated February 6, 2024:

“Innatera, a spinout from the University of Delft, has grown to 65 people with recent funding from the European Innovation Council (15.5 million Euro) alongside Matterwave Ventures and MIG Capital. Commercial samples of the T1 and hardware evaluation kits are available now while the T1 will ramp to production quantities in the second half of this year.

After Mercedes Chief Software Officer Magnus Östberg had posted “Neuromorphic computing? We’ve got that. 😎” on LinkedIn earlier this year, I noticed Innatera’s CEO Sumeet Kumar commenting on his post, and subsequently two neuromorphic researchers at Mercedes liking Sumeet Kumar’s post, so those in the industry involved in neuromorphic tech are evidently aware of the choices they have besides implementing Akida. Of course all those neuromorphic solutions available differ from each other in various aspects - Innatera’s T1 spiking neural processor, for example, is not digital and does not have on-chip learning:

View attachment 63165

View attachment 63163

View attachment 63164

The BrainChip website and LinkedIn profile reflect this development by no longer talking about offering the only commercially available neuromorphic processor, but by using the term ‘first-to-market’ nowadays:

BrainChip’s first-to-market, digital neuromorphic processor IP, akidaTM, mimics the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition—processing data with unparalleled performance, precision, and reduced power consumption.”

Whether or not Akida is the overall best neuromorphic solution available is an entirely different matter. But to say it is “an indisputable fact” that BrainChip offers “the only ‘cloudless’ commercial solution ATM” is simply wrong.

I do agree with you, though, regarding what you said about the BRN share price:

Regards
Frangipani
Is it?

Hi manny100,

I presume you meant to say commercial neuromorphic Edge AI solutions rather than commercial Edge AI solutions in general? But even then, your statement is incorrect. SynSense also offers commercial neuromorphic solutions by now, and so does Innatera:

“Innatera, a spinout from the University of Delft, has grown to 65 people with recent funding from the European Innovation Council (15.5 million Euro) alongside Matterwave Ventures and MIG Capital. Commercial samples of the T1 and hardware evaluation kits are available now while the T1 will ramp to production quantities in the second half of this year.

After Mercedes Chief Software Officer Magnus Östberg had posted “Neuromorphic computing? We’ve got that. 😎” on LinkedIn earlier this year, I noticed Innatera’s CEO Sumeet Kumar commenting on his post, and subsequently two neuromorphic researchers at Mercedes liking Sumeet Kumar’s post, so those in the industry involved in neuromorphic tech are evidently aware of the choices they have besides implementing Akida. Of course all those neuromorphic solutions available differ from each other in various aspects - Innatera’s T1 spiking neural processor, for example, is not digital and does not have on-chip learning:

View attachment 63165

View attachment 63163

View attachment 63164

The BrainChip website and LinkedIn profile reflect this development by no longer talking about offering the only commercially available neuromorphic processor, but by using the term ‘first-to-market’ nowadays:

BrainChip’s first-to-market, digital neuromorphic processor IP, akidaTM, mimics the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition—processing data with unparalleled performance, precision, and reduced power consumption.”

Whether or not Akida is the overall best neuromorphic solution available is an entirely different matter. But to say it is “an indisputable fact” that BrainChip offers “the only ‘cloudless’ commercial solution ATM” is simply wrong.

Regards
Frangipani
To me this tweet is very informative especially from non technical and technical views.
In memory compute is what neurophonic can do but memory is very limited. Which means we need different algorithms as compared to modern day.
So to me just like prophesse had an event based camera but not an event based processor, we have an event based processor but limited memory. Which means product have unlimited capabilities but limited use. So to me it is taking time to develop efficient models for neurophonic and that is where it is taking so much of time. The task is not impossible but definitely very tough.
Dyor

manny100

Regular
Is it?

Hi manny100,

View attachment 63165

View attachment 63163

View attachment 63164

Regards
Frangipani
Hi Frangipani, I received the quoted paragraph below as part of a reply from BRN to a question I had.
The crucial word that BRN uses is "unique" which means one of a kind or unlike anything else.
The context of the quote is in relation to my query concerning 'cloud' or 'cloudless' AI at the Edge.
"We know the market is heading in our direction, and the ability to process data on The Edge is something that more and more AI applications will be expected to perform. In that case, we are uniquely positioned to capitalise on that trend."
I just asked whether they had considered having a 'switch' on AKIDA for cloud or cloudless use during the transition to cloudless Edge. No interest in that. Seems to me we are to close to worry about it.
Cheers, manny100

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Is it?

Hi manny100,

View attachment 63165

View attachment 63163

View attachment 63164

Regards
Frangipani
Hi Frangipani,

So, it's an indisputable fact that BrainChip's AKIDA is unique in that it is the only commercially available neuromorphic processor with on-chip learning, since neither Synsense nor Innatera offer on-chip learning. In that sense, Manny was on the right track IMO. 😇

Regards,
Bravo

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

JB49

Regular

Research done on Kuka Robotic arm utilising a Spiking Neural Network. But unfortunately it was done with Intel Loihi.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

MegaportX

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
I’m by far the best person when it comes to writing, but I think I could even have written a better article than this

Reactions: 8 users
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
Not watch but might shed some light onto TI edge Ai

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
While Omor has certainly picked one winner (BRCHF), it's a pity he blotted his copybook with that intro paragraph about brain-computer interfaces. As we all know, Akida will make brains redundant.

The upside is that this is an otherwise very good piece of publicity.

Looking into Investor Place, they are beating the AI drum:

https://investorplace.com/

They have 6k followers on Linkedin.

These 6k will have a higher proportion of stock market followers than an average sample population.

AI fever is still high and a little FOMO may be just the ticket, but given the AGM date and the time difference with NYSE, will it be a day late and a dollar short?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

manny100

Regular
To me this tweet is very informative especially from non technical and technical views.
In memory compute is what neurophonic can do but memory is very limited. Which means we need different algorithms as compared to modern day.
So to me just like prophesse had an event based camera but not an event based processor, we have an event based processor but limited memory. Which means product have unlimited capabilities but limited use. So to me it is taking time to develop efficient models for neurophonic and that is where it is taking so much of time. The task is not impossible but definitely very tough.
Dyor
The context of my post that we are unique in relation to cloudless AI at the Edge.
That was confirmed by BRN in their reply to my query.
According to slide presentations by Sean right through 2023 we are still unique. The others are apparently still in the research stage. If they are in research they are not yet proven commercially ready for cloudless AI at the Edge and there is no guarantee they ever will be.
You are right we are also unique in that we are the only provider that has on chip learning.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

FJ-215

Regular
Morning all,

This video has nothing directly to do with BRN or the edge but well worth watching. Bloomberg interview with the CEO of CoreWeave, a new player in the data centre space. Not long, around 8 mins.

CoreWeave: The World is Dependant on Nvidia

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Luppo71

Founding Member
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users

MegaportX

Regular

MegaportX

Regular
Morning all,

This video has nothing directly to do with BRN or the edge but well worth watching. Bloomberg interview with the CEO of CoreWeave, a new player in the data centre space. Not long, around 8 mins.

CoreWeave: The World is Dependant on Nvidia
Here are some thoughts and thanks FJ. All the data centre builds, costs, and energy requirements is a plus for localising some Ai.

MegaportX

• Fire
  • Love

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
It seems people are still happy to work and be paid in shares.
Surely that is confidence in the Co?
1716161737094.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom