FEAA35E5-F2FA-4BB7-92A1-C064C846E84B.jpeg

AFC2AA98-8D7D-41AB-A04C-FCB0E7A48451.jpeg

00DDCDE8-9555-4818-A23C-1014E5CABB96.jpeg
4844D852-820B-4268-9576-67F265852E97.jpeg
B6F2896C-5C4A-4734-B04F-627CCA773DF8.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
Another one - looks like same timeframe. More great content and industry speakers

AI Automotive Summit

46059F45-63FE-4D11-84B5-C97A5C10FD05.jpeg

EE589C4F-9CE8-40BF-9D1F-AA6D3A63438B.jpeg

7E41EF6D-9032-41FB-8476-97EB642D1ED0.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Build-it

Regular
SynSense + BMW

Could it be Akida?

Imo opinion it is either a cloud cockpit, a research chip or hey Akida and potentially by a third party.

As FF says "BMW just keep popping up" and brainchip know who their competitor's are.

Screenshot_20220418-174741_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wonder if Vlad is aware of Brainchip.

Edge Compute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220418-174545_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220418-174545_Samsung Internet.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

MDhere

Regular
Evening fellow Brners, found something interesting, sorry if posted already. Uiux posted something about a month ago on the brainchip story thread something interesting about the editing and reviewers names of an article written by Brainchip. - A Review of Current Neuromorphic Approaches for Vision, Auditory, and Olfactory Sensors.
What i also found interesting is the impact of this is spread to interesting locations around the world!! I will try to Google map to get a closer look at the actual locations.
Screenshot_20220415-075452_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
That's it!

Just wondering what the word is under your avatar?? Interesting.

Ermahgerd......The unintended hard on experienced when driving your EQXX 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

RobjHunt

Regular

Ermahgerd......The unintended hard on experienced when driving your EQXX 🤣🤣🤣

Gotcha :LOL: I'm looking forward to my purchase.

"oh my god"

Ermahgerd is a humorous version of the phrase oh my god, written as though pronounced with a heavy influence of extra Rs. It's meant to imitate the sound of someone speaking through a retainer.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Gotcha :LOL: I'm looking forward to my purchase.

"oh my god"

Ermahgerd is a humorous version of the phrase oh my god, written as though pronounced with a heavy influence of extra Rs. It's meant to imitate the sound of someone speaking through a retainer.

Attachments

• I saw that.jpg
    I saw that.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Remember PVDM talking about odour detection in fridges.
Saw this on Renasas website
Screenshot_20220418-210127_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users
I think L.g are involved too

Reactions: 9 users
Reactions: 7 users

Potato

Regular
Reactions: 5 users

Potato

Regular
  • Fire

Getupthere

Regular
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
That's it!

Just wondering what the word is under your avatar?? Interesting.

Yeah you got it right :) Ermahgerd aka. Oh My God.. it sounded similar to Emerged. So kinda made sense!

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

stuart888

Regular
I cant help but keep coming back to the Brainchip - Valeo (lidar) connection.

These are old articles but no matter how many times I read them and how critical a position take I always come away convinced that it is only a matter of time. tick, tick tick.... Boom
Both Valeo and Brainchip are presenting at AutoSens Detroit next month. The lineup is impressive with Nvidia, Waymo, etc, and all automotive ADAS focused companies. Not sure if this has already been reported.

I was searching to try to find any connection between Indie Semiconductor and Brainchip. Nothing so far, but both will be at this event, but of course everyone is there. Anil is going to speak in the Toyota Theater!
https://auto-sens.com/events/detroit/speakers/
1650289530806.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

stuart888

Regular
A little more detail on Detroit AutoSens event. What an impressive list of speakers, especially the Machine Learning, Low Power, Spiking Neural Network badass named Brainchip! https://auto-sens.com/events/detroit/agenda/

1650290047712.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

dippY22

Regular
Yesterday my wife burst into the room where I was saying “can you believe it they want $9.00 for a coffee” she said the name of the place but I will not damn them here.

This was a new high for me but perhaps this is what is becoming common place???

FF.
And that may be why older people always seem to miss "the good ole days". It's always difficult to fathom current prices and impossible not to remember....how much this or that use to cost. Us teenage smokers use to grab just one cigarette from the pack to take to lunch at the dorm cafeteria for lunch in college because other (cheap) students would bum them from you if you did bring a pack. And that was when a pack cost a whole 25 cents.

Speaking of beer, my dad, long deceased, used to accompany his dad to the tavern where a bucket or pail of beer cost 25 cents. But before they walked home with their pail they would enjoy a spead of meats, cheeses, and other items was set out for the beer buying patrons patrons at no charge.

Ah,...the good ole days. We've all got those stories.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

jtardif999

Regular
There has been plenty of research & links back to qualcomm and the recent interview with their CEO showed they definitely are not intending to get left behind, certainly alot of what Qualcomm want Akida can provide.

If there is a partnership, I would expect a long lasting NDA wrapped around it.

I wonder if Karl may have anything to add.

Karl Freund,
I love to learn and share the amazing hardware and services being built to enable Artificial Intelligence, the next big thing in technology.
There was an older competitors slide viewed in BRN presentations - you know the slide showing the boxes ticked with Akida having all ticked. Recent versions of that slide show Intel and IBM as the only Neuromorphic competitors, but an older slide (probably before 2018) used to show Qualcomm as a Neuromorphic competitor - then they stopped showing it.. From memory I think Qualcomm sited BRN patents the most of any company in the early days, but then as I said they appeared to stop being a competitor.

• Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

dippY22

Regular
The following from the ID Tech website is interesting. It shows one of a number of STEM (Sci, Tech, Eng, Math) classes held for teens. These are classes meant to supplement motivated smart students regular schooling. This particular class is sponsored by Nvidia.

I wish Brainchip were here in the ID Tech offerings. Get the word out and give future generations, budding engineers, and creative tech innovators the foremost (imo) neuromorphic processing tech available today to mess around with.

I wonder if Nvidia might squawk if Brainchip tried to be part of ID Tech? What I highlighted (in bold below) sounds very familiar.

Regards, dippY

1643663659_image-2.jpg

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with NVIDIA (Summer)​

• Price: $1,499 USD
  • Skill Level: Beginner–Advanced
  • Format: Summer Online Teen Academies | Small-Group, Online
  • Duration: Two-week program, 2-hour lesson per day

About This Course​

Get into Python, machine learning, computer vision, and neural networks with the NVIDIA® Jetson Nano™. You'll have a small computing powerhouse, a webcam, and the resources to push Python further than ever before. Train the machine to train itself, and it will be recognizing image features before you know it. Cat or croissant? Labradoodle or fried chicken? Healthy body or early cancer detection? As you progress through cutting-edge projects from both NVIDIA and iD Tech, you'll see how starting with the Jetson Nano for your machine learning journey can lead to insights and even breakthroughs in AI, robotics, and advanced engineering fields. From detecting objects in pictures and recognizing actions, to creating code that can react to different visual stimuli, you'll build a portfolio that will leave a lasting impression—and you'll gain an official certificate from NVIDIA. Upon completion of this program, NVIDIA will review each student’s final project to determine eligibility for the certificate.

Scholarships available based on need.

Topics Covered​

• Understand key machine learning and computer vision concepts
  • Build and train models using the Jetson Nano and Python
  • Explore and develop programs incorporating Artificial Intelligence
  • Develop a portfolio to share with potential universities or employers
  • Use data collection techniques to create custom datasets and train neural networks

Earn Certification​

Upon completion of this program, NVIDIA will review each student’s final project to determine eligibility for the certificate. This certificate signifies students’ hard work and skills gained and is a valuable asset that will help them stand out to colleges and future employers.
nvidia-certificate.png

Program Highlights​

Each day of instruction includes two hours of live learning with your iD Tech instructors, with additional time to complete self-paced graded assignments and skill development, with videos featuring NVIDIA faculty and industry experts.
  • insights-icon-3.png

Insights and demos from NVIDIA and iD Tech
  • python-icon-.png

Job-ready Python and machine learning skills in a high-growth market
  • portfolio-icon-3.png

Portfolio to share with potential employers
  • certificate-icon-3.png

Official certificate recognizing your skills and success
  • jetson-icon-.png

NVIDIA Jetson Nano and developer kit

iD Tech Instructor Image

Instructor Highlights​

Chris M.​

Software Engineer
at Google
“My time as an iD instructor was really formative. I stayed with STEM in college as a Computer Science and Electrical Engineering major, and now I’m working at Google in Chicago. If you find yourself thinking about STEM-related things outside of school, follow that passion. Major in it. Keep pursuing it.”
Google Logo

Enroll Now
Space is limited
View prices & dates
Need help? Talk to an Academic Advisor!

Frequently Asked Questions​

Why does my teen need this program?​

Is this program right for my teen?​

Is this program right for beginners?​

What are the technical requirements for this program?​

Is hardware included for this program?​

Yes. Your teen’s tuition includes an NVIDIA Jetson Nano, a small, powerful computer that can run multiple neural networks in parallel. Note: Your teen’s NVIDIA Jetson Nano may be shipped after their course start date.

How will my teen receive their certificate?​

Will industry experts from NVIDIA be teaching this course?​

Reactions: 7 users
I
I would personally not write off Collins Aerospace as AKIDA offered more features than Studio and the security side of aerospace may well keep things out of the light.

The same story goes for Safran. AKIDA offers much more than Studio did. Safran is large in Australia which I did not know until reading about them after the sub deal went south and it was the Australian Government not private Australian companies involved in that contract rescission.

The same goes for the French Police and Homeland Security. The French arm of Brainchip was the foundation stone of that engagement and the dispute over the subs was Government to Government. Once again AKIDA added an extra dimension to what they were doing and I personally as a result of my background could always see this going stealth.

If you want to see this in play just go into any Court where a major drug importation case is being tried and at some point you will see entered into evidence a certificate exempting discovery of details of the technology used to listen to the private conversations of the accused on the basis that to release such information would prejudice present and future operations.

So to be clear I would not write them off but I would not hit speed dial to your mortgage broker either.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
emailed Safran and they confirmed they built what was mentioned in the original announcement

• Love
  • Fire
Top Bottom