BRN Discussion Ongoing

Mn2019

Regular
On 13th October last year a colleague and I made a call to Brainchip. At that time the SP was falling and despite our nerves of steel in relation to this share we needed some reassurance that things were going in the right direction. We spoke with this person for over an hour on multiple topics and although no information was divulged on any EAP's or NDA's that weren't already known, we were pointed in the direction of taking a good look at the Renesas website. Looking at your post above, I can only conclude, in my opinion, that this is one of the items that is using our tech.
:)

Reactions: 6 users
Possible Siemens dot? Sounds BrainChippish

View attachment 4487

Also this could be a goody

C445B60D-016D-4171-9611-FF9F4D768A1B.jpeg

D4123287-37A5-4DFA-8446-0CCE876E425E.jpeg

B23990C2-8E6F-46EE-8AA1-CABD134F376A.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

Foxdog

Regular
On 13th October last year a colleague and I made a call to Brainchip. At that time the SP was falling and despite our nerves of steel in relation to this share we needed some reassurance that things were going in the right direction. We spoke with this person for over an hour on multiple topics and although no information was divulged on any EAP's or NDA's that weren't already known, we were pointed in the direction of taking a good look at the Renesas website. Looking at your post above, I can only conclude, in my opinion, that this is one of the items that is using our tech.
You don't need AKIDA to detect the occasional smells coming out of my fridge 'now where did I put that leftover chicken curry?' 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I found this recent research article from 1 April 2022 VERRRY interesting! This work was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and some of the authors were employed by Infineon Technologies & BMW Group.

Spoiler alert. The article doesn't mention BrainChip. Is it just me but I find the absence is very telling especially in context of the last paragraph which states:

"When it comes to AI-based autonomous driving, ensuring functional safety of both software and hardware is a critical issue. The principles that are currently developed to support machine learning models (Henriksson et al., 2018; Mohseni et al., 2019) will also apply to SNNs. Similarly, neuromorphic hardware will have to fulfill the same standards as any automotive electronic system: adhere to temperature ranges, be resistant to vibrations, be deterministic and redundant, or contain self-monitoring. For that reason, only digital neuromorphic systems are candidates for integration in cars, while the use of analog or mixed-signal neuromorphic hardware seems out of scope at the moment due to their intrinsic variability. Hence, we suggest to focus on advanced digital systems such as SpiNNaker2 (Yan et al., 2021) or Loihi2 (Orchard et al., 2021) to further explore neuromorphic hardware for automotive radar processing and automated driving in general."

Automotive Radar Processing With Spiking Neural Networks: Concepts and Challenges​

Front. Neurosci., 01 April 2022

PS: Not trying to start a trend. But do we need to email these authors too? 🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Our CEO has, on more than one occasion, redirected questions from investors as to when BRN will be financially independent through the NDA and EAP deals completed to date.

His comments relate to not being able to share the names (household or other) of companies BRN are in discussion, testing and assisting because of these customers having a need to maintain anonymity.
Companies need first mover advantage and prevent their competition from knowing what they are focus in on, blah blah blah!.
BRN also need to maintain this silence to secure future relationships and solidify current partnerships.

To this end Sean tries to appease Investors by redirecting them to "look to the financials to get a gauge on the uptake from business"
He, in the last interview, added this as to when "We are building up to having 100 employees this year, our model will ensure revenue will outgrow expense rapidly soon after that so we will be cash flow positive/breakeven then?
The later bold txt was my interpretation, please correct the exact wording if you recall it better than I.

I have been thinking which financial statement will be the first to record a jump in revenue signifying uptake from business?
Could the next 4C be the start of this
I believe at the very least we do know that the 100 employees, as hinted by both Rob and Sean is to be achieved by end of 2022.
Therefore we should, by my interpretation of Sean’s recent addition, be cash positive or break even in 2023.
That’s a lot of revenue to cover wages alone IMO coming next year.

Its early days in relation to the sales and revenue projection graphics offered by BRN in one of the earlies presentations.
Once we get a bit of traction it would be good to have an update so that more meaningful assumptions could be built in

Conceptual chip sales.png

IP License and royalties.png

Do the institutions (those requiring to hold shares to supply the OS market or our ASX related investment groups) believe the next 4C may be step one on this phase of insight and therefore are accumulating at these pull back prices?

Accumulation phases suck when you bought higher but should be very comforting for all holders bc they signify a future where higher SPs will be realised.

I really hope the next finacial statement has a bit of a kick in its tail. I like many want to see BRN grapple with the step gradient of the gray wall in the econd graphic. :)

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Reuben

Founding Member
just putting it out there, the link for the Mercedes Benz EQS Electric SUV launch today in about 8 hrs.... very keen to see the "Hey Mercedes" and "Mercedes Awake" features...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
D

Deleted member 118

just putting it out there, the link for the Mercedes Benz EQS Electric SUV launch today in about 8 hrs.... very keen to see the "Hey Mercedes" and "Mercedes Awake" features...

Now wouldn’t that be a final nail in the coffin for all our friends over at the Asylum

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Towards the end of last year there was a post on Linkedin by Dr Sascha Semmler (from Continental) about autonomous driving tech that he and his team were working on. I replied to his post implying/asking that they may be using AKIDA tech, and he replied stating that he could not divulge any information, and then shortly after that my reply was removed from his post :)
Did he say "I cannot divulge any information because of an NDA"?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Dhm

Regular
I found this recent research article from 1 April 2022 VERRRY interesting! This work was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and some of the authors were employed by Infineon Technologies & BMW Group.

Spoiler alert. The article doesn't mention BrainChip. Is it just me but I find the absence is very telling especially in context of the last paragraph which states:

"When it comes to AI-based autonomous driving, ensuring functional safety of both software and hardware is a critical issue. The principles that are currently developed to support machine learning models (Henriksson et al., 2018; Mohseni et al., 2019) will also apply to SNNs. Similarly, neuromorphic hardware will have to fulfill the same standards as any automotive electronic system: adhere to temperature ranges, be resistant to vibrations, be deterministic and redundant, or contain self-monitoring. For that reason, only digital neuromorphic systems are candidates for integration in cars, while the use of analog or mixed-signal neuromorphic hardware seems out of scope at the moment due to their intrinsic variability. Hence, we suggest to focus on advanced digital systems such as SpiNNaker2 (Yan et al., 2021) or Loihi2 (Orchard et al., 2021) to further explore neuromorphic hardware for automotive radar processing and automated driving in general."

Automotive Radar Processing With Spiking Neural Networks: Concepts and Challenges​

This is yet another example of academics quoting Loihi and TrueNorth without recognising our Akida. Really can't figure out the agenda of ignorance by these people.

PS There is some nice price action this morning (y)🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This is yet another example of academics quoting Loihi and TrueNorth without recognising our Akida. Really can't figure out the agenda of ignorance by these people.

One of the authors Florian Mirus appears to be a Researcher at Intel Labs as well as a Doctorate Student / Research Assistant for BMW, which might explain the push for Loihi 2, but I agree with you, the ignorance seems astonishing. But, I really doubt that they could be unaware of Akida, because even Blind Freddie (he-he-he) knows about Akida on account of Mercedes EQXX.

The article talks about the huge amount of energy in automated vehicles dedicated to computing and that these high processing demands can significantly reduce the travel range. This is exactly the problem that Akida was able to solve with Mercedes EQXX.

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.47.47 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Posted this earlier for the usual clowns on HC still banging on about Loihi :rolleyes:

Just a recent update to Intel Loihi for those interested https://hotcrapper.com.au/images/smilies/confused.png

https://www.theregister.com/2022/04/15/intels_neurochips_could_one_day/?td=amp-keepreading-btm

Intel’s neurochips could one day end up in PCs or a cloud service​

The brain-like chip technology could aid with low-power AI tasks like speech recognition​

Dylan MartinFri 15 Apr 2022 // 16:30 UTC

In a recent roundtable with journalists, Intel Labs lead Rich Uhlig offered two possibilities: integrating Loihi in a CPU for PCs to perform energy-efficient AI tasks and potentially offering the its neuromorphic chips as a cloud service, although Uhlig was clear he wasn't firming actual product plans, just projecting what could theoretically happen in the future.

"Right now with Loihi, we're at that point where we think we're onto something, but we don't actually have product plans yet. We're sort of earlier on in that work stream," he said last month.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
The following would be very reassuring having spent years and 100’s of millions of US dollars:

"Right now with Loihi, we're at that point where we think we're onto something, but we don't actually have product plans yet.”

What would Brainchip shareholders have said to Mr. Dinardo in October, 2020 if he had said this as opposed to we have working silicon in hand and it is working to perfection. 😂🤣😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Posted this earlier for the usual clowns on HC still banging on about Loihi :rolleyes:

Just a recent update to Intel Loihi for those interested
confused.png

https://www.theregister.com/2022/04/15/intels_neurochips_could_one_day/?td=amp-keepreading-btm

The brain-like chip technology could aid with low-power AI tasks like speech recognition​

In a recent roundtable with journalists, Intel Labs lead Rich Uhlig offered two possibilities: integrating Loihi in a CPU for PCs to perform energy-efficient AI tasks and potentially offering the its neuromorphic chips as a cloud service, although Uhlig was clear he wasn't firming actual product plans, just projecting what could theoretically happen in the future.

"Right now with Loihi, we're at that point where we think we're onto something, but we don't actually have product plans yet. We're sort of earlier on in that work stream," he said last month.
So our 3 year advantage is looking pretty safe???

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Dhm

Regular

Once again I couldnt help myself. 🤣

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 1.12.42 pm.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 35 users
F

Filobeddo

Just a recent update to Intel Loihi for those interested
confused.png

Haha, Yeah read that waffle as well
Mr Uhlig couldn’t possibly be any vaguer if he tried.
If I was hanging on breakthrough news on Intel Lohi, then I’d probably be banging my head against the nearest wall

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Our CEO has, on more than one occasion, redirected questions from investors as to when BRN will be financially independent through the NDA and EAP deals completed to date.

His comments relate to not being able to share the names (household or other) of companies BRN are in discussion, testing and assisting because of these customers having a need to maintain anonymity.
Companies need first mover advantage and prevent their competition from knowing what they are focus in on, blah blah blah!.
BRN also need to maintain this silence to secure future relationships and solidify current partnerships.

To this end Sean tries to appease Investors by redirecting them to "look to the financials to get a gauge on the uptake from business"
He, in the last interview, added this as to when "We are building up to having 100 employees this year, our model will ensure revenue will outgrow expense rapidly soon after that so we will be cash flow positive/breakeven then?
The later bold txt was my interpretation, please correct the exact wording if you recall it better than I.

I have been thinking which financial statement will be the first to record a jump in revenue signifying uptake from business?
Could the next 4C be the start of this
I believe at the very least we do know that the 100 employees, as hinted by both Rob and Sean is to be achieved by end of 2022.
Therefore we should, by my interpretation of Sean’s recent addition, be cash positive or break even in 2023.
That’s a lot of revenue to cover wages alone IMO coming next year.

Its early days in relation to the sales and revenue projection graphics offered by BRN in one of the earlies presentations.
Once we get a bit of traction it would be good to have an update so that more meaningful assumptions could be built in

View attachment 4501

View attachment 4502

Do the institutions (those requiring to hold shares to supply the OS market or our ASX related investment groups) believe the next 4C may be step one on this phase of insight and therefore are accumulating at these pull back prices?

Accumulation phases suck when you bought higher but should be very comforting for all holders bc they signify a future where higher SPs will be realised.

I really hope the next finacial statement has a bit of a kick in its tail. I like many want to see BRN grapple with the step gradient of the gray wall in the econd graphic. :)

Hi FK
Something else to consider earlier this year late last year Anil Mankar spoke to the growth in staff numbers and he put a number of either 70 or 80 by end of 2022.

Sean Hehir has now settled on 100 by end of 2022 which is an approximate increase of 30 plus percent on the previously advised numbers. This is a massive increase in a very short period of time.

It is speculation but the up swing in publications referencing Brainchip, the new engagements the 1,000 Eyes have revealed, as well as those revealed by the company and the request by the CEO to look to the financials and his comment about being cash flow positive are very clear indicators of Brainchip meeting it’s communicated timetable of revenue ramping up second half 2022.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

ndefries

Regular
Once again I couldnt help myself. 🤣

View attachment 4504
Well said - at this stage the integrity of the researchers comes in play. Funding, or desired ongoing interaction with Intel becomes in question. It may be hard to talk about Akida as it would then dominate the direction of the article and they would seriously need to come up with different shortcomings. Ultimately it would become a marketing document for Akida. So they just ignore it.

This is their reputation and they need to stand behind their article. Perhaps like others questioned they will simply say the paper was not meant to be extensive to the whole landscape. Otherwise could also have been funded by Shareman.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
D

Deleted member 1270

Always a good sign when we get picked up by an Institution such as Macquarie. In my experience this is the first of what could be ongoing coverage. No recommendation yet. It will come though once they get a feel for the company and form a stronger bond.

Attachments

• brn20220419.pdf
    339.7 KB · Views: 346
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Top Bottom