BRN Discussion Ongoing

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
Hi Esq-

Architecture of Efficiency
- low power envelope.

-Heterogenous Computing.
Using the most suitable core for each task.
-...including deep learning neural networks.

View attachment 61056
Hi Esq,
check out where MOBILEYE sits within this ecosystem.
cheers mate.
Love what you are laying down , and in my mind ticks several boxes .... though shall refer to @Diogenese if he would be so kind to comment.

Regards,
Esq.

Reactions: 3 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
1714138549955.png

• Thinking

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
IMG_5420.png

Looks like Brainchip has sold out of both suttle pc dev kits and Rasberry Pi dev kits.

They sell for 5k and 10k per unit.

The question is how many have they sold ?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Frangipani

Regular
Check out BMW Group's Technology Trend Radar! 😘

View attachment 61230
View attachment 61231
View attachment 61232

Hi Bravo,

this is what Mohsen Kaboli, Assistant Professor for Robotics and Tactile Intelligence as well as Lead and Principal Investigator of Embodied AI, Robotics, Cognitive Vehicle & Tactile Intelligence at BMW Group commented on Mercedes Chief Software Officer Magnus Östberg’s recent LinkedIn post about neuromorphic computing:

FB375FEB-02F3-409C-ACF8-D4715F1F22EB.jpeg

A7673884-12BF-4668-AE5B-DE5B187BD7C9.jpeg

62EFA3BB-F955-46EF-BCFB-FFA6C708EA5A.jpeg

4E6E1896-99A2-40CF-80BF-BA6522BE42F5.jpeg

2DCF9F88-DB80-40E8-A7FB-981B044F5C3F.jpeg
04966882-69A7-49E9-96BA-1C7EFB784A93.jpeg

In February 2023, you had already come across PHASTRAC and asked Diogenese for his opinion:

Maybe some future competition on the horizon? @Diogense might be able to explain how analog neuromorphic computing compares? It says here that the " project, which started last month, aims to develop an analog neuromorphic computing approach based on oscillatory neural networks (ONNs) that seamlessly interfaces with sensors and processes analog data without any analog-to-digital conversion."

I remember that @TECH mentioned Simon Thorpe was working on a project with ONN's but I don't know if it's this particular one.

Oscillating neural networks for low power analog edge AI

Oscillating neural networks for low power analog edge AI​

Technology News | February 6, 2023
By Nick Flaherty
MATERIALS & PROCESSES AI

A European project including IBM and BMW is developing a new type of analog neural network with phase change materials to reduce the power consumption of machine learning at the edge of the network.

The new technique couples oscillating neural networks (ONN) with phase change materials and could reduce power consumption by a factor of 100 to 1000 say the researchers in the PHASTRAC (Phase Change Materials for Energy Efficient Edge Computing) project.

The project, which started last month, aims to develop an analog neuromorphic computing approach based on oscillatory neural networks (ONNs) that seamlessly interfaces with sensors and processes analog data without any analog-to-digital conversion.

The oscillating neurons will be implemented with vanadium dioxide (VO2) phase change material coupled with synapses implemented with bilayer resistive RRAM memories using molybdenum and hafnium dioxide (Mo/HfO2).

The project aims to develop new devices for implementing the ONN architecture and processing the analog sensor data. It is led by researchers from Technical University in Eindhoven, who held a session on ONN technology at the European Conference on High-performance Embedded Architecture and Compilation (HiPEAC) Conference last month in Toulouse. They are working with researchers from BMW, IBM Research in Zurich and the Pázmány Péter Catholic University in Budapest.

Hi Bravo,

Apologies for that German chap.

That project looks to me to be more in the "R" phase of R&D.

"The project aims to develop new devices for implementing the ONN architecture and processing the analog sensor data. It is led by researchers from Technical University in Eindhoven"

It is a university project and universities seem to br enthralled by the close analogy between wetware and analog neurons. They still have to come to grips with the inherent variability of ReRAM/MemRistors.

Not commercial whthin 5 years +.

Here is a recent article on the BMW project Mohsen Kaboli is currently working on: “He is developing a cognitive seat that could appear in BMW vehicles in just a few years.”

https://www.bmw.com/de/freude/wie-sich-die-zukunft-bei-bmw-anfuehlt.html (Deutsch)

https://www.bmw.com/en/freude/a-touch-of-the-future-with-bmw.html (English)

2C8E9C73-B1B9-4BFF-AFBF-0A814E88D12A.jpeg

EA5B02C6-AF6F-47F6-A247-9357BF6B8B3E.jpeg

ADEACCED-D367-4820-9B95-A38332613512.jpeg

Attachments

• AC15E65F-B66E-4AEF-9918-35DB8D36BFEB.jpeg
    AC15E65F-B66E-4AEF-9918-35DB8D36BFEB.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users
I'm surprised they did not do a Friday after close release likely a Monday AM or a Tuesday AM They must be still counting the deposits lol wonder if this is the delay.

1714158134459.gif

• Haha
Evening Kachoo & Fellow Chippers ,

Three photos from our latest Annual Report.

1st ...page 49 , 12. Trade Receivables... atleast $60k ...possibly $2,422,006.

2. Renumeration Report, two photos ..2022 & 2023.

* Note . S.Hehir has over the last two years extracted ...with permission from the board...$6,243,766.00 USD = AU $ 9,557,275 from our company.

Just the key Management, 8 individuals , have extracted ....$14,358,420.00 USD = AU $21,978,308.00 in the last two years alone.

Exchange rate as of 26/4/2024... you get the gist.

Truely been a printing press, for a few.

Personally, think only Anil & Peter are worth their weight.

Photos from the Ann Report.

And NO , I'm not trying to create a shite storm , purely laying the figures out.

Regards
Esq.
1714158531444.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Frangipani

Regular
BMW are using Synsense's 'Speck' for vision processing functions. Not sure who or what they using for speech recognition.

Anyhooo, Synsense can only achieve a speck of what we can.

View attachment 61233

Puh-leeze!
Why did you have to dig out this misleading comparison once again, although I had already fact-checked it months ago? Well, here we go again:

In the “technical comparison” image you re-posted, Akida gets compared to Dynap-SEL, SynSense’s 2018 neuromorphic chip featuring “1k analog low-power spiking neurons and up to 80k configurable synaptic connections, including 8k synapses with integrated spike-based learning rules.”

You are evidently aware, though, that BMW are experimenting with SynSense’s fully event-driven neuromorphic vision SoC Speck for their smart cockpit occupant monitoring R&D. So why are you not comparing Akida to Speck instead, as you ought to (although I am not sure whether a direct comparison between AKD1000 and a smart vision processing SoC combining a dynamic vision sensor (DVS) and a neuromorphic processor, actually makes sense?)

B77AC98F-14BD-4049-98C7-36EC76B24DB7.jpeg

4256BFF9-419C-416C-94D9-7A692FFCF730.jpeg

And to be fair, you should also factor in Speck’s competitive price tag at < 7 $ (presumably USD) that could easily tip the scales in SynSense’s favour, when potential customers who don’t mind doing business with a de facto-Chinese company consider Speck’s technical specifications “good enough“ for their envisaged use cases, even though AKD1000 boasts more than three times as many neurons as Speck (but not more than 1000x as many, as your comparison seems to suggest). They may not see the point in paying more for a product that could be described as “over-engineered” for their narrow use cases.

IMO, you are doing BrainChip no favour by cherry-picking a competitor’s far less capable neuromorphic mixed-signal chip for your apples and oranges-comparison. By doing so, you are totally exaggerating the parameter divide between Akida and the competition’s more advanced neuromorphic offerings, eg in SynSense’s case, the fully digital neuromorphic processor Dynap-CNN:

557DC898-432A-40AE-BBC4-3DFA5ED7D780.jpeg

What’s the point of unfairly disparaging the competition?
While we shareholders may wish for BrainChip to literally make EVERY sensor smart one day, the commercial reality will be that we will never gain 100% of the global market share. Regardless of any technological superiority.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Frangipani

Regular

5F1655D8-605E-469F-9890-4B98680BC898.jpeg

Another really nice and memorable image, but what has the Akida Edge AI Box got to do with “leading engineering innovation in the automotive sector”? 🤔

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

TECH

Regular
Apologies if posted already

View attachment 61620

One of the likes

View attachment 61622

And

View attachment 61623

And let me repeat myself yet again....ALL THIS IS BEING ACHIEVED USING THE BRILLIANT AKD 1000 CHIP (to narrow??)
I rest my case...X

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Iseki

Regular
BRN's business model and approach, has things in common, with both ARM's and NVIDIA's.

"However, Nvidia's business model goes beyond just creating exceptional hardware. They recognize the importance of collaboration and partnerships. That's why they work closely with software developers and system integrators to optimize applications and solutions for their hardware. By fostering these relationships, Nvidia ensures that their GPUs and SoCs are not only powerful but also seamlessly integrated into various software ecosystems.

Moreover, Nvidia understands the value of building a strong ecosystem around their products. They actively cultivate relationships with game developers, content creators, and software vendors to ensure compatibility and optimization for their GPUs and SoCs. This collaborative approach creates a mutually beneficial environment where Nvidia's partners can leverage their technology to create groundbreaking experiences, while Nvidia benefits from increased brand loyalty and demand for their products"

I assume though, that you mean BrainChip's pursual of a mainly IP business model, which I personally like.

It's like owning a goldmine, where people pay you to mine there and then pay you royalties, with zero capital expenditure, or mining risks.

Both are very successful Companies and with what I know, that is happening with BrainChip and it's relationships with other Companies, I'm very happy, with the path they have chosen.

Am I happy with the speed at which things are going? Hell No.

Do I understand, this is the "nature of the beast" ? Yes.

And your question for Sean?

"If a client said to Sean: I'd like to get my hands on 1,000,000 Akida chips in 6 months time. What would the answer be?"

For starters it shows your ignorance, in following the Company you have invested in, as Sean has stated in an interview, that they are very flexible, in how they are dealing with their customers.

Do you really think, if a customer made such a request, that he would answer..
"Golly, No! You know we only do IP, you have to buy a licence and sort that out yourself".

Or would he say something more along the lines of..
"Sure, we can arrange that for you, through either TSMC, Global Foundries or Intel Foundry Services, here are the payment terms".

Which are likely to be "money down".

You need to be smart enough, to know when your questions are..
Not so much..

"It's like owning a goldmine, where people pay you to mine there and then pay you royalties, with zero capital expenditure, or mining risks."

Well said DB, point well made. The analogy of the goldmine is worth exploring.

What actually happens is that the gold is pre-sold through an off-take arrangement, then that money pays for the mining.

So with us it might be: license the IP, with money down, and we'll guarantee delivery of chips in 6 months. This is much more than we are offering.

The simple fact is that if no-one is signing IP license agreements, then let's invent a few more options for them. It's great that we say we're being flexible, but are we?

IloveLamp

Top 20
Interesting like on our latest post, former HONEYWELL employee and now current RnD at SAMSUNG

1000015417.jpg
1000015415.jpg
1000015413.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

BrainShit

Regular

View attachment 61631

Another really nice and memorable image, but what has the Akida Edge AI Box got to do with “leading engineering innovation in the automotive sector”? 🤔
In short... Akida is able to process sensor data at really nice performance right? So just plug at least one sensor (Input) into the box, plug a display as an output into it .... and do your engineering, programming or research magic to develop / improve a model, measure latencies, run a benchmark, to find the right sensor type do video analytics, face recognition, object detection or whatever ... to develop a working well "sense" system for cars.... or maybe TATAs unbeliveable toothbrush which scanning the tooth surface for leftovers 😄

I'm sure that this box is not only used in the automotive sector ...

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Frangipani

Regular
Sharp edge, sharper edge, bleeding edge? 🔪 🩸 😜

FFD86237-3BD7-48D6-A582-9C7F9EACCD18.jpeg

“Kill latency” is 🩸bloody catchy!

And so is “Everyone is essential. (…) If you’re with us, you’re essential to us.”
(Albeit less gory.)

7BA844B2-A029-4CC7-8D7F-06CC3F9BA9E3.jpeg

👆🏻👍🏻 (No guillotines involved, I hope).

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

cosors

👀
Sharp edge, sharper edge, bleeding edge? 🔪 🩸 😜

View attachment 61632

“Kill latency” is 🩸bloody catchy!

And so is “Everyone is essential. (…) If you’re with us, you’re essential to us.”
(Albeit less gory.)

View attachment 61633

👆🏻👍🏻 (No guillotines involved, I hope).
Absolutely sharp!
Reminds me of this.
Grit 8000, with Micromesh. I have respect for that sharpness myself :)
threema-20240420-021353848.jpg

Did you know that the definition or measurability of sharpness is based on this?
Sharpness is a geometrically measurable quantity.

____
it's one of my cooking knives .)
The tomato crumbles into slices from fear alone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Renesas: You make the Akida2000 chip.
BRN: No! You make the Akida2000 chip.
Renesas: No, You make the Akida2000 chip.
BRN: No! You make the Akida2000 chip.
BRN: But you told us what changes you wanted in the chip!
Renesas: We never said we'd manufacture the thing.
BRN: You make the Akida2000 chip.
Renesas: We're selling our own.
BRN: You make the Akida2000 chip.
BRN: But we held off because we thought you were. We didn't want to tread on your toes.
Renesas: No. We have to protect our shareholders.
BRN: Who?
Renesas: Good bye.
Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

DK6161

Regular
View attachment 61624
Looks like Brainchip has sold out of both suttle pc dev kits and Rasberry Pi dev kits.

They sell for 5k and 10k per unit.

The question is how many have they sold ?
There weren't many to start with. They were just for demos. So doubt they will bring much money for revenue lol

Reactions: 2 users

DK6161

Regular
  • Fire
Top Bottom