BRN Discussion Ongoing

manny100

Regular
We’ve been over the ground of why 3 years ago they were confident of getting earlier success. The emergence of GenAI changed all those expectations.

“I am unsure of what the expectations should be. I know that if the agents I work with don't send me clients in the previous 12 months I don't renew their contracts. They only get rewarded with a contract once they introduce new clients.”

Are you telling us that in the last 12 months BrainChip haven’t signed any new clients? Tell that one to @Esq.111 who has the number of partners now at 64.

“They are not selling toasters” they have a pipeline of progress on ‘sales’. To get to an IP deal to the stage of being signed there would be a lot more than just you get to play with Akida and then make a decision. There would be something like the following:

1) Initial contact with a potential client to discuss a use case they might have.
2) If there’s no use case then they might like to trial the tech and see if they can come up with one.
3) Develop a prototype for a solution of a particular use case using the ADE.
4) Test the prototype and rinse and repeat dev until satisfying a solution.
5) Create a proper design once the prototype has been satisfied. This step could take a while and btw at this point is the product a device that Akida IP is going to be embedded into or is the client company just making and selling chips with our IP like Renesas?
6) Tape out the design into silicon and test the silicon, again going to take significant time.
7) If the client company is putting the silicon with Akida embedded into a device, they wouldn't have to sign an IP deal with BrainChip until they mass produce the device. This may take years since they might consider holding off until the time is ripe to sell the product in volume.

So 3-12 months from when new/existing customers get their hands on Akida2 IP isn’t going to result in IP contracts imo. More likely 3-4 years. It’s possible some of our original EAPs could be closer to closing a deal though. We all hope something will drop soon..
Yes, it seems strange that in this fast paced world by the time we get new tech to the market its actually 3 to 5 years old.
New phones which most of us own contain tech 3 or 5 years old due to testing planning etc.
Hard to get your head around it as we think we are using the latest whiz bang.
Looking forward to AKIDA Gen 3 details.

Reactions: 8 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning all,

Over the last year or two I have posted links to Accenture Global Solutions Patents that have us in the artwork, or more to the
point, Akida Neural Processor mentioned, interestingly Accenture has recently mentioned Brainchip for the first time that I can
recall, anyway it certainly sounds promising, make of it what you will.

The link below is the latest one which is dated only 4 days ago, 21 March 2024

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users
Trying a little reverse psychology

It’s going to be another boring week on the asx again with no announcements from our CEO or Board of Directors so over these dam asx announcements

• Haha
Reactions: 33 users

cosors

👀

It’s going to be another boring week on the asx again with no announcements from our CEO or Board of Directors so over these dam asx announcements
If I just look at the TSE platform it's absolutely peaceful boring in terms of ASX news. We don't get any more.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

1711312364191.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Good morning all,

Over the last year or two I have posted links to Accenture Global Solutions Patents that have us in the artwork, or more to the
point, Akida Neural Processor mentioned, interestingly Accenture has recently mentioned Brainchip for the first time that I can

This is HUGE to have patents with BRN mentioned in they are a Massive company, very good indeed.
The snow ball is definitely gaining momentum

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Good morning all,

I like how they repeatedly mention that they've implemented it on a "client's device."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Attachments

• 37DA083F-965A-4BC5-9650-B6F101169249.jpeg
    37DA083F-965A-4BC5-9650-B6F101169249.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Euks

Regular
We’ve been over the ground of why 3 years ago they were confident of getting earlier success. The emergence of GenAI changed all those expectations.

“I am unsure of what the expectations should be. I know that if the agents I work with don't send me clients in the previous 12 months I don't renew their contracts. They only get rewarded with a contract once they introduce new clients.”

Are you telling us that in the last 12 months BrainChip haven’t signed any new clients? Tell that one to @Esq.111 who has the number of partners now at 64.

“They are not selling toasters” they have a pipeline of progress on ‘sales’. To get to an IP deal to the stage of being signed there would be a lot more than just you get to play with Akida and then make a decision. There would be something like the following:

1) Initial contact with a potential client to discuss a use case they might have.
2) If there’s no use case then they might like to trial the tech and see if they can come up with one.
3) Develop a prototype for a solution of a particular use case using the ADE.
4) Test the prototype and rinse and repeat dev until satisfying a solution.
5) Create a proper design once the prototype has been satisfied. This step could take a while and btw at this point is the product a device that Akida IP is going to be embedded into or is the client company just making and selling chips with our IP like Renesas?
6) Tape out the design into silicon and test the silicon, again going to take significant time.
7) If the client company is putting the silicon with Akida embedded into a device, they wouldn't have to sign an IP deal with BrainChip until they mass produce the device. This may take years since they might consider holding off until the time is ripe to sell the product in volume.

So 3-12 months from when new/existing customers get their hands on Akida2 IP isn’t going to result in IP contracts imo. More likely 3-4 years. It’s possible some of our original EAPs could be closer to closing a deal though. We all hope something will drop soon..

Hey,

If you have a listen to the stocks down under interview, specifically from 7.45 Sean breaks down exactly how long it takes from a typical new engagement to a decision on IP.

The quick answer is several months up to a year. His words not mine.

I would hope that 3-4 years would be start to finish. For example, initial decision on IP up to 12 months then development of product 2-3 years. So 4 year total from first contact between Brainchip and customer..

Here hoping for a good week.

Euks

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

GDJR69

Regular
Hey,

If you have a listen to the stocks down under interview, specifically from 7.45 Sean breaks down exactly how long it takes from a typical new engagement to a decision on IP.

I would hope that 3-4 years would be start to finish. For example, initial decision on IP up to 12 months then development of product 2-3 years. So 4 year total from first contact between Brainchip and customer..

Eu
Apologies if this has been dealt with already, but what do we know about Renesas and Megachips products? I had understood they were supposed to be coming to market by the end of last year/start of this year. However, I've heard little or nothing about this. Does anyone have any intel on this?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

7für7

Regular
This is HUGE to have patents with BRN mentioned in they are a Massive company, very good indeed.
The snow ball is definitely gaining momentum
Where is brainchip mentioned in the patent? 🧐

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

jtardif999

Regular
Hey,

Euks
My point is where he says ‘decision’ doesn’t necessarily mean an IP contract it may just mean let’s prototype that use case and start the ball rolling.

7für7

Regular
In the "Description".
I can’t find brainchip or akida in the description

Reactions: 1 users

ndefries

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

7für7

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

ndefries

Regular
Ok thank you! It’s interesting because when I open the link I get a completely different site
no worries - Akida is mentioned 3 times. This is pretty big as it is clear Accenture have a speech solution in mind that will use neuromorphic to operate securely and efficiently and self-learning.

They are all over generative AI in the workplace and this would be a great product used to assist and remove knowledge workers at the same time while avoiding security issues of stuff going to the cloud.

they are only spending 3B over the next three years on this area. https://www.livemint.com/companies/...-to-have-80-000-employees-11686661260461.html

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

7für7

Regular
Top Bottom