IloveLamp

Top 20
1000014500.jpg

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Diogenese ! I understand all of this. I was just trying to understand why some are so excited. BrainChip and Loihi were mentioned as neuromorphic processors. So far, nothing extraordinary. I don't need to be told that BrainChip is a top product. I know that and everyone else here too… Everyone has only tested Akida so far or is still doing so. I will only jump for joy when positive quarterly numbers come out or a clear announcement that includes a license. Everything else is just more praise. I trust the management and the team. Let’s see what’s next
I'm not trying to get you enthused, much less jumping, but I find it enthusing.

I see it as being more significant when we see an Accenture patent application from a couple of years ago which mentions Akida alongside Loihi, and then, last week, one of the inventors of the patent writes an article which says that Accenture had tested Akida and found it to be several times better than any CPU or GPU.

That's not praise - that's fact.

This is a positive affirmation of Akida's capabilities from one of the largest IT consultancies. Accenture is a global adviser on IT including AI, so I think there's a better than even chance that they are boosting Akida to their clients as we speak, and have probably been doing it for some time.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 100 users

toasty

Regular
Aggressively selling over the next 12 months not being followed up is your opinion only. You seem to measure the selling and whether it is aggressive by how many IP agreements we currently have? We would all love news of an IP signing. The company has been front and centre with all edge AI related engagements particularly this year and since CES, I think the foundation is being laid carefully and broadly for perhaps an avalanche of IP agreements over the next 12-18 months. The technical landscape is shifting to the edge. This is building and all of the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are falling into place and BrainChip is set to capitalise on the shift. This year marks the beginning of this shift imo, the beginning of the next Industrial Revolution. BrainChip has the key enabling technology for this revolution imo and I believe a lot of things have started to fall into place creating unprecedented opportunity. Space tech, military tech, advanced driving, both general and cyber security, smart cities, smart homes and the list is ever increasing. As has been said before there’s use cases for Akida that haven’t been thought of yet. From the very small e.g. securing the 6G network to the very large like enabling autonomous ships to safely navigate the worlds oceans AI will pervade, we just need to be patient for a little longer and then I think things will start to get really exciting. 🤓
Been hearing this story for 8 or so years now. I am a true AKIDA believer but am often disappointed that various management personnel make statements that do not come to fruition............thinking here of hockey sticks and sales explosions amongst more recent others.........

Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
ISL Patent dated 22 Feb 2022.

Sensor could be a radar, sonar, lidar, etc.

Radio Frequency (RF) applications discussed.

View attachment 59822

A link to the patent can also be found on ISL's website. See "link" at blue Highlighted section.

View attachment 59823

So you've found a couple of pictures of 3-handed cat's cradle on the interweb ...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So you've found a couple of pictures of 3-handed cat's cradle on the interweb ...
OOPS! sorry, the ogre got loose again!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20

I see it as being more significant when we see an Accenture patent application from a couple of years ago which mentions Akida alongside Loihi, and then, last week, one of the inventors of the patent writes an article which says that Accenture had tested Akida and found it to be several times better than any CPU or GPU.

This is a positive affirmation of Akida's capabilities from one of the largest IT consultancies. Accenture is a global adviser on IT including AI, so I think there's a better than even chance that they are boosting Akida to their clients as we speak, and have probably been doing it for some time.

It's not only what is being said, it's who's saying it:

https://brainchip.com/akida-generations/

Generative AI and LLMs at the Edge are key to intelligent situational awareness in verticals from manufacturing to healthcare to defense. Disruptive innovation like BrainChip TENNs support Vision Transformers built on the foundation of neuromorphic principles, can deliver compelling solutions in ultra-low power, small form factor devices at the Edge, without compromising accuracy.
- Jean-Luc Chatelain, MD at Verax Capital Advisors, former MD and Global CTO at Accenture Applied Intelligence

That makes a trifecta of references and endorsements from Accenture.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

MrRomper

Regular
Nice early find Tech. They haven't published the drawings yet.
Asking the question as I am definitely not an expert and would genuinely like to know.

Are the figures (Fig 1 to7) considered the drawings or is there more to it? Plus,
Would they not publish the patent without making this available?

1711338112174.png

Reactions: 4 users

7für7

Regular
Ok!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
7531919F-FD48-4611-82E5-BB942580891E.jpeg

a78825ca-1ec4-4619-b764-e334ed2e1d7c-png.59827

Not much in this, but the Perth team were out presenting this week.

Attachments

• A78825CA-1EC4-4619-B764-E334ED2E1D7C.png
    A78825CA-1EC4-4619-B764-E334ED2E1D7C.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,120
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
View attachment 59826
a78825ca-1ec4-4619-b764-e334ed2e1d7c-png.59827

Not much in this, but the Perth team were out presenting this week.
Nice to see them demo'ing in Perth and hope it went well.

Be good if could've had the edge box there to show, maybe they did but I can't see it.

Even better imo would have been a joint demo too with say Circle 8, being a Perth company as well and looking to commercially use our Akida.

Must say, gets a bit repetitive seeing the same ol plastic animals for how many years now? :LOL:

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

jtardif999

Regular
I particularly like this claim (I like all the claims), this claim says this patent is Akida2

“[0081] The sound prediction learning rule minimizes or at least reduces the error between a prediction of the upcoming speech sounds generated by the acoustic model 124 (or a prediction of future feature coefficients that will be received by the acoustic model 124 ) and the actual observed speech sounds (or the actual feature coefficients). This can be important as it allows the speech processing engine 120 to operate in a fully self-supervised manner in which only the future speech of the user is needed to adjust the parameters of the acoustic model 124 . In addition, partial predictions can also be used to improve efficiency. For example, predicting the speech sounds of parts of speech while other parts are indecipherable due to background noise or an end of speech event is not detected reduces the latency in providing a response to the user. The sound prediction learning rule can be processed continuously by the neuromorphic processor 123 allowing for real-time and continuous self-learning of the acoustic model 124 . In this example, the acoustic model 124 is configured to output the predicted speech sounds and/or predicted feature coefficients for future utterances that the acoustic model 124 predicts the user to make. The acoustic model 124 can predict future utterances based on the predicted speech sounds. For example, the acoustic model 124 can predict the future utterances based on a probability of the future utterances following the predicted speech sounds output by the acoustic model 124 .”

The acoustic model being mentioned can be in the cloud or on the actual device.

This patent is a significant development in the company’s fortunes imo. Thank you @TECH for the find 🤓

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users

Wags

Regular
Nice early find Tech. They haven't published the drawings yet.
Dio, I can see the drawings, ttl 7. Not that they mean anything to me, but I can see them. cheers

• Wow
  • Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
Asking the question as I am definitely not an expert and would genuinely like to know.

Are the figures (Fig 1 to7) considered the drawings or is there more to it? Plus,
Would they not publish the patent without making this available?

View attachment 59825
Yes - they are the titles of the drawings in the description. The drawings are in a separate file under a separate tab. It's just an administrative matter - they put the description and abstract first before posting the drawings as they are separate files. I was just remarking on how soon Tech found the abstract, which happened to be before the drawings were posted.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Flenton

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

TopCat

Regular

IMG_0064.jpeg

Musk would surely be an excellent catch for IFS. This superrich entrepreneur has fingers in many tech pies that are highly reliant on processors, lots of state-of-the-art processors. Musk's firms buy AI accelerators from both AMD and Nvidia, for tasks like machine learning, computer vision, self-driving, Grok, and more, but the firm is also developing its own Dojo ASICs (Application-Specific Integrated-Circuits) with new generations in development.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

View attachment 59831

Musk would surely be an excellent catch for IFS. This superrich entrepreneur has fingers in many tech pies that are highly reliant on processors, lots of state-of-the-art processors. Musk's firms buy AI accelerators from both AMD and Nvidia, for tasks like machine learning, computer vision, self-driving, Grok, and more, but the firm is also developing its own Dojo ASICs (Application-Specific Integrated-Circuits) with new generations in development.
I was only thinking today that I wondered what's happened with Dell......

Rob said ….Dell has a plethora of products on the edge that brainchip could be apart of to reduce power.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Bigal7425

Regular
Pretty cool comment from Apple from the interview linked below. Great to hear that mindset.

Senior Vice President Hardware Technologies of Apple Johnny Srouji made the following comment:

"Our aspiration is the product; we want to build the best products on the planet. As ta technology team, which also includes the chips. in this case, we want to build the best technology that would enable that vision. So, if there is a technology that we can buy off the shelf and that delivers to our objective for the product, we'll do it. Because I want to focus the team on what really, really matters on the most differentiating aspects of the chips. So, if there is a chip that we can buy and there is no differentiation in building internally, I would buy so we can focus our efforts on the things that really matter, and we maximise our benefits".

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Pretty cool comment from Apple from the interview linked below. Great to hear that mindset.

Senior Vice President Hardware Technologies of Apple Johnny Srouji made the following comment:

"Our aspiration is the product; we want to build the best products on the planet. As ta technology team, which also includes the chips. in this case, we want to build the best technology that would enable that vision. So, if there is a technology that we can buy off the shelf and that delivers to our objective for the product, we'll do it. Because I want to focus the team on what really, really matters on the most differentiating aspects of the chips. So, if there is a chip that we can buy and there is no differentiation in building internally, I would buy so we can focus our efforts on the things that really matter, and we maximise our benefits".

Can someone send old Johnny boy a brainchip linkden invite maybe.
Wow the opportunity 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Dio, I can see the drawings, ttl 7. Not that they mean anything to me, but I can see them. cheers
Thanks Wags,

It was just a matter of time until they posted the drawings file.

Kozikan

Regular
Yes. Let's not forget that, while the world and his wife are familiar with the use of OpenAi's GPT "X", they do not have a clue as to how it works, let alone the underlying technology. However, we are seeing frequent examples of the tech world's increasing awareness.

One field of tech where Akida's potential is as yet untapped is in the implementation of LLMs.

Sensors (microphones, cameras, ...) and keyboards are essential input devices, and the input signals need to be converted to a format which the system can interpret. This requires the system management processor to be able to interpret natural language. Doing that purely in software burns a lot of electricity. Akida 2 introduces long range skip connexions:

https://brainchip.com/akida-generations/

With the added support for short and long-range skip connections, an akidaTM neural processor can now accelerate complex neural networks such as ResNet completely in hardware without model computations on a host CPU.
Skip connections are implemented by storing data from previous layers in the akidaTM mesh or in a scratchpad memory for combination with data in later layers.

Key Benefits:

• Complex Network Acceleration: Enables complete hardware execution of non feed-forward model architectures such as ResNet and DenseNet.
  • Low Latency: Eliminates CPU interaction during network evaluation which minimizes model latency.
By performing these functions in silicon, Akida reduces both power usage and latency compared with earlier LSTM/Attention software implementations.

Akida 2 provides a much more efficient foundation for implementing LLMs and particularly SLMs (Small Language Models adapted for edge applications). However, for the moment, the cloud-based Chat GPT and its LLMs have the advantage of incumbency despite their unsustainable growth in energy consumption. Nvidia's Jensen Huang is rightfully proud of the 2.5 times improvement in power consumption of Blackwell, but that is not sufficient to mitigate the exponential growth in power consumption to contain it within acceptable limits.

Akida offers orders of magnitude greater improvement, particularly with the use of SLMs at the edge. Akida has the potential to be the foundation stone of all things GPT. The development of SLMs is just some of the lead in Akida's saddlebags.

While Edge GPT is the present Holy Grail, there is a myriad of other applications for Akida which can be implemented in the near term.

ADAS - DMS - UI - lidar/..., space, SDR, Edge Box, ...

For startup companies, the rational basis for assessing share price is the market potential of the product.

The problem is that the share price is the plaything of manipulators who take advantage of the fact that many shareholders and potential shareholders do not fully grasp the potential of this revolutionary technology, and the fact that the pre-income phase has been longer than anyone anticipated. One reason for the delay in revenue is that the technology is evolving at an unprecedented rate, LSTM, Attention, 4-bit weights and actuations, Chat GPT, TeNNs, ViT, ... Remember, Akida 2 is just 1 year old.

Added to that is the fact that the company has made a few mis-steps or changed course over the last few years in an attempt to come to grips with an entirely unheralded market. The company was metaphorically feeling its way in the dark and needed to test the waters to see which way the current flows ... and the current has not flowed smoothly.

So there are a lot of factors to be taken into account which no one could have foreseen a few years ago. This has been a learning experience for the shareholders and the company.
Bravo Here Here 👍✔️👍✔️👍✔️

Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom