BRN Discussion Ongoing

BrainShit

Regular
Hi All
In this world of instant gratification, three year election cycles, overnight multi millionaires and genuine time is ticking personal lifetime clocks the time it seems to be taking for Brainchip to become an overnight success can be frustrating.

It can also be hard to maintain perspective when every message around us is seemly negative. Interest rates, immigration numbers, cost of living, unemployment signals, national security, claims of genocide and on and on it goes 24/7 never stopping to take a breath even on the Australia Day public holiday weekend.

The following extracts are followed by the link to the full paper which is an interesting read but the point I am about to make is served by just these extracts.

The point is very simple.

This paper was published in 2021.

The ambition was lofty perhaps Science Fiction, the authors are eminent and located at prestigious places of research and employment.

The resources at their disposal huge in comparison with an Aussie company called Brainchip.

Yet Brainchip with the release of AKD1000, AKD1500 and AKIDA 2.0 are five years ahead and have achieved everyone of this groups lofty Science Fiction goals plus much more on a ridiculously small budget in comparison.

On top of which they have built out an amazing network of commercial partnerships hand in hand with their scientific and engineering achievements within that same limited budget.

If one divorces oneself from all the negativity there is much to praise about what Brainchip has achieved.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

“Autonomous Flying With Neuromorphic Sensing​

Patricia P. Parlevliet1*
newprofile_default_profileimage_new.jpg
Andrey Kanaev2 Chou P. Hung3 Andreas Schweiger4 Frederick D. Gregory5,6 Ryad Benosman7,8,9
Guido C. H. E. de Croon10 Yoram Gutfreund11 Chung-Chuan Lo12
Cynthia F. Moss13
  • 1Central Research and Technology, Airbus, Munich, Germany
  • 2U.S. Office of Naval Research Global, London, United Kingdom
  • 3United States Army Research Laboratory, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, MD, United States
  • 4Airbus Defence and Space GmbH, Manching, Germany
  • 5U.S. Army Research Laboratory, London, United Kingdom
  • 6Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
  • 7Institut de la Vision, INSERM UMRI S 968, Paris, France
  • 8Biomedical Science Tower, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, United States
  • 9Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, United States
  • 10Micro Air Vehicle Laboratory, Department of Control and Operations, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology, Delft, Netherlands
  • 11The Neuroethological lab, Department of Neurobiology, The Rappaport Institute for Biomedical Research, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
  • 12Brain Research Center/Institute of Systems Neuroscience, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
  • 13Laboratory of Comparative Neural Systems and Behavior, Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Neuroscience and Mechanical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, United States
Autonomous flight for large aircraft appears to be within our reach. However, launching autonomous systems for everyday missions still requires an immense interdisciplinary research effort supported by pointed policies and funding. We believe that concerted endeavors in the fields of neuroscience, mathematics, sensor physics, robotics, and computer science are needed to address remaining crucial scientific challenges. In this paper, we argue for a bio-inspired approach to solve autonomous flying challenges, outline the frontier of sensing, data processing, and flight control within a neuromorphic paradigm, and chart directions of research needed to achieve operational capabilities comparable to those we observe in nature. One central problem of neuromorphic computing is learning. In biological systems, learning is achieved by adaptive and relativistic information acquisition characterized by near-continuous information retrieval with variable rates and sparsity. This results in both energy and computational resource savings being an inspiration for autonomous systems. We consider pertinent features of insect, bat and bird flight behavior as examples to address various vital aspects of autonomous flight. Insects exhibit sophisticated flight dynamics with comparatively reduced complexity of the brain. They represent excellent objects for the study of navigation and flight control. Bats and birds enable more complex models of attention and point to the importance of active sensing for conducting more complex missions. The implementation of neuromorphic paradigms for autonomous flight will require fundamental changes in both traditional hardware and software. We provide recommendations for sensor hardware and processing algorithm development to enable energy efficient and computationally effective flight control………..”

“The long-term goal is hardware and software design and prototyping for interacting autonomous vehicles. Our
hardware and software design and prototyping for interacting autonomous vehicles. Our target is neuromorphic hardware that aims at mimicking the functions of neural cells in custom synthetic hardware that is analog, digital, and asynchronous in its nature of information processing and is vastly more energy-efficient and lighter than classical silicon circuitry.

It is expected that such a neuromorphic technology will disrupt existing solutions and be a key enabler for real-time processing of different sensor modalities by lower cost, lower energy consumption, lower weight, adaptable to changing missions, while providing enhanced and resilient performance and saving human lives.”

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnins.2021.672161/full
Speaking of neuromorphic sensing.... and detection.

- BrainChip Demonstrates Akida Vibrational Analysis Tactile Sensing
- BrainChip Demonstrates Taste Sensing with Akida
- BrainChip + Nviso Emotion Detection Demo
- BrainChip Demonstrates Drone Voice Keyword Spotting
- BrainChip Vibrational Analysis Tactile Sensing
- BrainChip Olfactory Analysis Technology
- BrainChip Object Detection and Classification
- BrainChip Facial Recognition Analysis Technology
- BrainChip Autonomous Learning Technology

BrainChip is set... industry will follow with applications an devices for sure.
Regular time to marked 2-4 years... for projects who starts now.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
There we go again....AKD 1000 doing us so proud !! "Too narrow in it's offerings" that comment still haunts me today.

I fully understand how new, more advanced iterations of Akida must be developed to drive our company forward in doing so, accommodating current and future customers requirements as we all grow, but as I have commented on many times now, please appreciate how AKD1000 was
a masterly achievement a few years ago.

As far as newer iterations are concerned, I think there is a little bit of confusion with regards AKD I AKD II AKD III up to AKD X...I did ask
Peter about this very thing in 2022/23 as to how he saw future iterations evolving over the next 7 year period, i.e. 2023 thru to 2030.

With regards reaching AGI by or around 2030, he said that it's possible in his opinion, but nothing is 100% certain, also that following the
earlier suggested path that appeared in an old slide showing AKD 1 1.5 thru to AKD X wasn't the plan in his mind, but I'll track down his
emailed reply to me before going any further, just in case I mix up his words and find myself in a spot of trouble, so to speak.

I'm hoping to hear some news late in 2024, early 2025 as to how AKD III is or has progressed, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves,
we first need to achieve some solid traction reflected by ever increasing revenue streams created by both AKD 1 and AKD II....also it
would be nice to hear from our new guy in charge of sales, Steve Thorne on a company podcast, possibly too early but something during
the year would be nice in my opinion.

Regards to all.....Tech :coffee:(y)
I found the full article and removed my posts as it’s all ready been posted here a few months back lol

Reactions: 3 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20240203_074542_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Morning TopCat & Fellow Chippers ,

Just joining some dots and adding a possible sweetener.....

INTEL FOUNDRY PARTNERS , BRAINCHIP & SAM ALTMAN all in the same room.

Article on ChatGPT , CEO Sam Altman ( OpenAI ) & Arizona State University .

Arizona State University happens to be one of Brainchips technology training partners.

Drawing a long bow..... bit like Sam is stalking us, in a good way hopefully.

😃.

Regards ,
Esq.
You saw this esky ?

Screenshot_20240203_075201_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning ILoveLamp,

Funnily enough I do not subscribe to twitter , X , LinkedIn.

Hence greatfull to those that do & share here.

Should be a interesting show on Feb 21st , looking foward to P. Gunslinger fireing a few rounds off to wake the broader market up to BrainChip.

Or as we say in Australia , wack a cracker in the clacker & let's get this party started.
Has been said we do things differently in Australia.

* think this mob are American , so some of them do know how to liven up an event.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
The us market has gone gang busters over night with Meta having the largest ever rise in dollars ever Will the rising tied float our boat ??
Love you BrainChip

• Fire
  • Thinking

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
The us market has gone gang busters over night with Meta having the largest ever rise in dollars ever Will the rising tied float our boat ??
Love you BrainChip
Morning Food4 thought ,

Yep , having sat in dry dock for the last few years will be good to get her wet , brief period of sea trials then let her rip.

Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Kachoo

Regular
Really I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned on the MB announcement of Akida.

They will always focus on Neuromorpich wording and not use Akida.

If you cannaccept it then you will live a happier life

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
This is very interesting Renesas / Hearing aids .
19 minute mark

Running time is an hour , haven’t listened to it all as yet, I’m sure there will be plenty of interesting insights

IMG_8282.jpeg

At CES I had a look at innovations in the hearing space, including in the underlying technologies that will drive future developments. The result, a discussion with fellow co-host Dave Kemp for This Week in Hearing, consists of both on-site interviews and conversation around my observations. Sample the episode in the short video below, then catch the complete discussion at the link in the comments.

Thanks to those who recorded with me live from the show floor: Tami Harel & Davide D'Alena of EssilorLuxottica, Finn Møller of AVAtronics, Kalyan Nadella and Nikolay Skovorodnikov of Knowles Corporation, and Aernout Arends of Absolute Audio Labs.

Others that were part of the conversation include Sennheiser (Sonova Group), JLab, GreenWaves Technologies, Femtosense, AONDevices, Inc., Syntiant Corp., Analog Devices, Renesas Electronics, Mimi Hearing Technologies, and Cadence Design Systems

Just as one cannot cover everything at CES, one cannot describe everything in a reasonable time. In particular, I had a set of conversations with companies in the developing #Auracast infrastructure which I will cover separately.

#HearingAids #Hearables AuraFuturity Hearing Health & Technology Matters Adrie Van Meijeren Alexandra Crabb

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
I’m hoping lower for this Monday or Tuesday when my super clears

View attachment 55745
Don’t chase the bottom. You will miss out. Don’t try selling the top, you will get burnt. Speaking from experience.

A healthier approach.

1: what company am I investing in and why do I believe it’s a good investment:
2: how long do I want to invest in this company( establish a clear timeframe in your decision making)
3: what do I believe to be fair value of the stock in its current position based on achievements/technology/Intellectual property/Patent protections/partnership/engagements/revenue/board of directors etc. (establish on your own research if the stock is over or undervalued in its current trading based on above information)
4: what do I believe the stock will be worth at the end of my time frame set in point 2.
5: buy stock based on what it is currently valued compared to what you think it will be worth in the time frame you have set.

This takes away fomo and hype in decision making and gives you peace of mind and time to execute based on your research.

Not financial advice, just something I have learnt personally throughout the last 7 years of investing.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Don’t chase the bottom. You will miss out. Don’t try selling the top, you will get burnt. Speaking from experience.

A healthier approach.

2: how long do I want to invest in this company( establish a clear timeframe in your decision making)
3: what do I believe to be fair value of the stock in its current position based on achievements/technology/Intellectual property/Patent protections/partnership/engagements/revenue/board of directors etc. (establish on your own research if the stock is over or undervalued in its current trading based on above information)
4: what do I believe the stock will be worth at the end of my time frame set in point 2.
5: buy stock based on what it is currently valued compared to what you think it will be worth in the time frame you have set.

This takes away fomo and hype in decision making and gives you peace of mind and time to execute based on your research.

Not financial advice, just something I have learnt personally throughout the last 7 years of investing.
That is smart solid approach to investing.

Reactions: 4 users

Dugnal

Morning Food4 thought ,

Yep , having sat in dry dock for the last few years will be good to get her wet , brief period of sea trials then let her rip.

Esq.
..and Brainchip finally had lift too...
1706927248709.png

• Fire

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Dugnal ,

Though it looks good , these rises are being created from tiny .... insignificant $ .

One thing which P*$$@£ me off to date is , amoungst other things , the fact that more volume / € transact daily ( German exchange ) most days yet management seem oblivious to this and continue to not even acknowledge this on company releases.

But yes , going in the correct direction.

Till we see serious cash & volume flowing through our US stock listing's there s not much to look at.

Makes one wonder what our sponsor is doing or not as the case has been.

Bank of New York Mellon ? ???

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Rankings: Valeo Tops List of Patent Applicants Globally​

The patents Valeo recently filed predominantly focus on electrification technologies.​

Madeleine Winer

By Madeleine Winer
February 1, 2024

Valeo-patents

Valeo has again topped the list of French patent applicants globally, publishing 1,218 patents within a year, as revealed by the Institut National de la Propriété Intellectuelle (INPI). This ranking accounts for initial filings with the world’s leading patent offices, showcasing Valeo’s extensive portfolio of nearly 28,000 patents worldwide. The distribution of these patents underscores the company’s international presence: 44% in France, 25% in Germany, 8% across other European countries (excluding France and Germany), 11% in China and 12% in various other locations.

“The INPI report highlights the capacity for innovation of Valeo’s teams around the world, particularly in our four pillars, at the heart of transformation of the mobility: electrification, driving assistance systems, lighting and technologies to reinvent life on board,” said Christophe Perillat, Valeo’s chief executive officer. “Every day, our teams find new solutions to make mobility more sustainable, safer and smarter. It is in Valeo’s DNA to make cutting-edge technologies accessible to as many people as possible.”
The patents Valeo recently filed predominantly focus on electrification technologies, such as rare-earth-free electric motors and self-cooling electrical systems that integrate motors, inverters and gearboxes. Other patents include battery cooling systems and cabin heating systems designed for electric vehicles to maximize their range. Additionally, Valeo is innovating in driving assistance technologies, including valet parking and camera systems, as well as lighting technologies like high-definition lighting and integrated sensor solutions. The company is also exploring new technologies to enhance the experience inside the vehicle, such as optimized displays and cabin presence detection systems.
Furthermore, Valeo is intensifying its efforts to protect software innovations, alongside its traditional focus on product and component protection, the company said.

This announcement follows Valeo’s recognition as the leading French patent applicant at the European Patent Office (EPO) for 2022, securing the 31st position overall with 588 patents. In 2023, Valeo’s research and development expenditure reached 2 billion euros ($2.17 billion), representing 10% of the group’s sales from original equipment.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Bravo ,

That's alot of patents.

Read a article this morning, CEO of Apple and their newly released goggles , $3500.00 usd per set , apparently these goggles contain the interlectual property of some 5000 patents.

Farrrrrrrk , that's alot of IP, in one product.

Regards,
Esq.

Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Relevant Background Info: We know that Information Systems Laboratories, Inc. (ISL) is developing an AI-based radar research solution for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ neural networking processor.

Air Force picks Applied Research to develop architecture-agnostic multi-sensor fusion and machine autonomy​

Jan. 30, 2024

MASS will develop technologies to manage localized and distributed sensors, help make decisions, and make technological advances in algorithms.
John Keller
https://thestockexchange.com.au/javascript:void(0)

command_and_control_30_jan_2024

WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB, Ohio – U.S. Air Force researchers needed new ways of automating multi-sensor fusion for battle management; sensor command and control; and sensor data collection, communications, processing, and dissemination. They found their solution from Applied Research Solutions Inc. in Beavercreek Ohio.

Officials of the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, announced a $48.8 million contract to Applied Research Solutions earlier this month for the Mission Autonomy for Air and Space Systems (MASS) program.

MASS seeks to develop multi-domain, multi-platform, multi-scale machine autonomy technologies to apply closed-loop sensing, data processing, and reasoning for sensor mission autonomy in military operations.
MASS capabilities will help Air Force leaders better understand threats, allies, and neutral elements, and help with planning, conduct, and assessment of mission effects across different sensor, strike, electronic warfare (EW) and cyber missions.

The MASS program will help Air Force leaders generate options for military responses; optimize sensor planning and deployment; and process sensor data from several different sensor systems.

Machine autonomy and advanced computing developed in the MASS program will have architectural agility by developing secure architecture-agnostic software, databases, interfaces, and digital artifacts on alternative processing architectures at several levels of classification.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

And since AI is going to transform the industrial metaverse, Siemens has teamed up with Microsoft to drive cross-industry adoption for artificial intelligence. They have created the Siemens Industrial Copilot. That’s a generative AI-powered assistant aiming to amplify human-machine collaboration and productivity across various sectors. Siemens is also working with Sony, which showed off a virtual reality headset aimed at designing industrial metaverse creations.
Screenshot_20240203_133005_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_8283.jpeg

Some notes on John Deere’s agricultural technology advancements 🚜

I have been interested in John Deere ever since I read they have been adapting private networks for smart manufacturing and I have been reading up on their overall use of technology. They really are a very interesting technology driven company. Below are some points I have noted while reading up on them.

1). In 2022, John Deere launched its Leap Ambitions Framework to:

- To expand the number of connected machines to 1.5 million by 2026, a significant increase from the 500,000 connected machines in 2022.

- Demonstrate viable low/no carbon alternative power solutions by 2026.

- Aim for 10% of total revenue to be recurring by 2030.

2.) As of 2022, John Deere had 40% of the global connected tractor share. And over 50% of John Deere products can connect to the internet, with the majority connected via a cellular connection. This is mainly used for real-time monitoring, predictive maintenance and remote diagnostics so farm technicians don’t have to travel to the machine.

3.) This service is called JDlink, which now seems to be a free subscription for John Deere customers, no connectivity fees (and I can’t see if there is any catch apart from potentially John Deere owning the data).

4.) Just over two weeks ago (Jan 2024), John Deere and SpaceX signed a deal to use Starlink for rural connectivity to John Deere machines, starting in the US and Brazil in the second half of 2024. Starlink’s SATCOM solutions connect to new and existing John Deere machines and equipment through a ruggedized satellite terminal. It will be interesting to see how if traffic shifts for JDlink from 4G to Starlink.

5.) They are making a real push to incorporate robotics, AI, computer vision with autonomous tractors. John Deere recently purchased a 180-acre farm in Coupland, Texas, converting it to a test farm for technologically advanced farming machinery. In the last 5 years, they have increased the number of software engineers in the company by 350%. We have 4,300 software engineers in the company today.

6). As an example, the John Deere autonomous 8R Tractor collected over 200 million-plus images during in-field testing over the past 3 years. Each model is trained with hundreds of thousands of images, and its neural network classifies each pixel in about 100 milliseconds.

I haven’t really gone into the work they are doing with precision agriculture, reducing waste, electrification of machines for the future, there is a lot here also with products such as See and Spray technology.

I have read a few articles and reports to get these notes and I'll add links in comments.

Are there any other major advancements by this company that I have missed?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

A healthier approach.

The only thing I’m chasing are shares and at what price depends on when I get my money, be if its 5 cents lower or 5 cents higher than the current sp

1706936941066.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

“Creating our first spatial computer required invention across nearly every facet of the system,” said Mike Rockwell, Apple’s vice president of the Technology Development Group. “Through a tight integration of hardware and software, we designed a standalone spatial computer in a compact wearable form factor that is the most advanced personal electronics device ever.”

To enable user navigation and interaction with spatial content, Apple Vision Pro introduces an entirely new input system controlled by a person’s eyes, hands, and voice. Users can browse through apps by simply looking at them, tapping their fingers to select, flicking their wrist to scroll, or using voice to dictate.

These groundbreaking innovations are powered by Apple silicon in a unique dual-chip design. M2 delivers unparalleled standalone performance, while the brand-new R1 chip processes input from 12 cameras, five sensors, and six microphones to ensure that content feels like it is appearing right in front of the user’s eyes, in real time.
Screenshot_20240203_154803_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom