BRN Discussion Ongoing

MDhere

Regular
Morning fellow brners,

Hope yr weekend will be a fun one.

Ok I decided to revisit Frrancois pied noel de Normandy who was mentioned a while back here from Mercedes.
Found something interesting. Our very own embedded systems architect Alexandre D'Alton like one of his post some 2 years ago then im assuming staff may have been told not to be over zealous on likes. But in any case there was a like linked there by our architect.
THEN Mercedes announce the connection with Brainchip which was fantastic news.
Now with the CES 2024, find it interesting that Francois days prior to the CES 2024, has excitedly announced -
"Strategic advice for 2024 -
The inference work of machine learning will start migrating from cloud to our local devices."
O and Eberle Rambo architect at Apple said don't forget about privacy! :).
I like it, I like it alot 😀
20240113_072403.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users
They are so getting desperate over at the asylum, the only posts over there recently is about what going on over here.

1705095879331.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Justchilln

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

manny100

Regular
Arm CEO in relation to Mobile phones said people really care about latency and privacy. Later mentioned power efficiancy.
He said ARM is in every EV. EVs' are high class computers.
ARM is in almost all smart tech, eg, washers, dryers, TVs etc.
ARM has a huge eco system. Meetings with partners are about 2026/27 on.
On another topic - Merc CES rep on video did not want to go into to much detail but said the designed their own operating system. When asked for some detail he said they owned their own cloud. I took this to mean they have a one stop shop chip rather than the traditional cloud. I might be wrong. Maybe they have developed a new cloud exclusive only to them? Doubt it though.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Arm CEO in relation to Mobile phones said people really care about latency and privacy. Later mentioned power efficiancy.
On another topic - Merc CES rep on video did not want to go into to much detail but said the designed their own operating system. When asked for some detail he said they owned their own cloud. I took this to mean they have a one stop shop chip rather than the traditional cloud. I might be wrong. Maybe they have developed a new cloud exclusive only to them? Doubt it though.
Ty

Reactions: 1 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20240113_084026_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Dougie54

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
People bag BRN for its spelling,what is 3,20,000 and 4,20,000 ? Shouldn’t it be 3,200,000 and 4,200,000. .
3,20,000 or 3,200,000 I'm still very excited, but i think i know which one it's supposed to be 😊

Reactions: 3 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
People bag BRN for its spelling,what is 3,20,000 and 4,20,000 ? Shouldn’t it be 3,200,000 and 4,200,000. .

No. TATA is an Indian company. India have a different syntax to western society for quoting large numbers of things.

In the Indian numbering system: A lakh is written as 1,00,000, which is equivalent to 100,000 in the Western system. A crore is written as 1,00,00,000, which is equivalent to 10,000,000 in the Western system.

So, in the example you provided:3,20,000 and 4,20,000 in Indian syntax is equivalent to 320,000 and 420,000 respectively in Western syntax. The Indian system uses a comma to separate the lakhs and crores, which is different from the comma used to separate thousands in the Western system.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Manny,

I took the reference to the Mercedes cloud to mean that they have their own private bank of servers connected to the internet/WWW which accesses all Mercedes vehicles to receive performance data and to update the vehicle software. This is not accessible to the general public and is, hopefully, hackproof.

The MB.OS operating system in each vehicle is like the base system management software on which the apps run, similar to Windows or Apple iOS.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
Cmon the world needs a change , hope the poor people in this accident which seems like a failure of technology survived.

See link below for footage

Tesla ;
Tesla broadsides overturned truck in clear site.

Trying to deploy autonomous systems without INTELLIGENT INFRASTRUCTURE is like trying to build the internet without networks.
The fundamental challenges of mobility are optimization, orchestration, reducing emissions, and addressing Vision Zero.

Exceptional work has advanced vehicles with sensors, software, computing, safety devices, and AI algorithms which will have a major impact on risk mitigation.
Time to get "Street Smart". Orchestration, optimization, and even Vision Zero are systems-side challenges. The root challenges can only be addressed with Intelligent Infrastructure, in comparison to NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Raytheon, and the Federal Aviation Administration.

INTELLIGENT INFRASTRUCTURE (the foundation of ARPA-I) goes well beyond transportation and will be the brains of our economy. Providing advanced city services, resilient and carbon-free economies, closing the technology divide, enabling autonomous systems, and most important; securing data for people, cities, and governments.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

JB49

Regular
  • Fire

WhiteDove

So fellow BRN sojourners, what do we give BRN's efforts at CES24 out of 10?

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
Anyone smarter than I know how Innatera's new T1 compares to us? https://innatera.com/products/spiking-neural-processor-t1

Seems they are only just now providing an evaluation kit to Early Access Partners, which hopefully means they are quite a few years behind us.
https://www.iotinsider.com/news/inn...wer-neuromorphic-microcontroller-at-ces-2024/
Looks like innatera uses analog SNNs:

WO2024003146A1 CALIBRATION OF SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK 20220629

1705108474481.png

A spiking neural network comprising a plurality of input processing circuits, each input processing circuit having an input for receiving a spiking neural network input signal and being configured to apply a transfer function to the input signal to generate a processed input signal; a plurality of offset current generators, each offset current generator configured to generate an offset current signal at a predetermined level; a plurality of synapses, each synapse connected to receive a processed input signal from one of the input processing circuits and configured to apply a predetermined weight to the processed input signal to generate a synapse output signal; a plurality of neurons, each neuron connected to receive synapse output signals from a subset of the synapses and an offset current signal from one of the offset current generators, and each neuron configured to generate a neuron output signal in response to the received synapse output signals and offset current signal; and an analog-to-digital converter having an input, the input being connectable to receive an offset current signal from one of the offset current generators, and being configured to convert the received offset current signal to a corresponding digital output signal.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So fellow BRN sojourners, what do we give BRN's efforts at CES24 out of 10?
Time to report on the last day ...

... well obviously not THAT last day.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

An old article (May 2023) but bodes well for us I beleive.

ON Semiconductor considers $2 billion investment in electric vehicle chip production​

By Stephen Nellis
May 17, 20238:05 AM GMT+10Updated 8 months ago

May 16 (Reuters) - ON Semiconductor Corp (ON.O) is considering investing $2 billion in boosting production of silicon carbide chips that are widely used to help extend the range of electric vehicles, company executives said on Tuesday.
Company executives said during an analyst presentation the company is considering the expansion in either the U.S., the Czech Republic or Korea. The firm already has factories in each of those countries.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue

ON Semiconductor is a longtime supplier to the automotive industry, supplying both chips that go into drive trains of electric cars as well as a broad swath of other chips like cameras and sensors that help with driver-assistance systems.
The company makes more than half of its own chips internally and has invested in a full supply chain for energy efficient silicon carbide chips, making both the raw materials and finished chips in-house.

In an interview, ON Semiconductor Chief Executive Hassane El-Khoury said the firm's silicon carbide chip production is currently centered on one of its factories in Bucheon, South Korea. The company plans to find "end-to-end" production, meaning that whichever site it chooses will transform raw silicon carbide powder into a chip.
El-Khoury said that replicating the entire production process in more than one place has become an important selling point to automakers who are still cautious from 2021, when a freeze in chip-heavy Texas and a shortage from Asian chip suppliers led shutdowns on car production lines.
Report this ad
"It's always good to have a geographically distributed supply chain," El-Khoury said.
At a financial analyst day on Thursday, executives said they aim to capture 40% of the silicon carbide automotive chip market by 2027.
The company forecast that growth in that area and others will help it grow revenue at a 10% to 12% compound annual rate, expanding sales from $8.3 billion in 2022 to an estimate with a midpoint of $13.9 billion by 2027.

Over the same time period, ON Semiconductor expects to expand free cash flows from $1.6 billion in 2022 to $3.5 billion to $4 billion by 2027.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Bravo

So we must have been rubbing shoulders with Onsemi working on Mercedes Vision EQXx.

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 12.25.47 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Top Bottom