BRN Discussion Ongoing

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
In the German forum there is a discussion about a possible reverse split if it continues like this. What is your opinion?
REVERSE SLIT PIGS *UCKING ARSE

sexy pig GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
In the German forum there is a discussion about a possible reverse split if it continues like this. What is your opinion?
1705047950035.gif

Reactions: 1 users
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

DK6161

Regular
Lol, yes that is my main goal here, you caught me out. You are like the Collingwood football club, either love them or hate them. (I am a Cats supporter in case you missed the point) Although I am aware you like the last word and try your best to belittle people, I will also respond because you asked.

"What I would like to know from you though as a person who runs a successful business why you have so readily leapt to the conclusion that Brainchip's executive staff are not successful business people who work to improve staff performance and counsel the staff member, contractor or even the cadet from one of the University programs responsible for the error?" (Jesus I hope not)

I did not imply the majority of what you have written here, but you love to try and play the wordsmith and bend the meaning behind the truth. The truth is, I have not once before commented on the typos that happened previously. My question was how many errors are acceptable? You call anyone that isn't happy with the situation a troll and go off on a rage defending the company by telling everyone to ignore the errors, look at the content.

The errors are small, but for my liking becoming too frequent so I spoke up. If someone lost their job over this or were hung, drawn and quartered then fine but that is the companies business, if they told anyone what happened, that would again be very unprofessional.

So is this the case? Is the company running in an unprofessional manner? Typos, the wrong photo, pretty basic errors, can happen, and what about inviting a few SH to have a private chat? In the eyes of some (especially the invitees) this was all above board and a non-event, but not all believe this and many voiced their concerns. Me, well I have met and spoken with many execs in companies I hold, so for me it wasn't a huge deal but I respected their view. The company seems great, that's why I have invested, but like some when do we start to question if the problem is not the tech, but the people? Here's a quote from a professional in the field just recently. "There are areas I feel you are not explaining or under advertising as well as you could".

So what is my point? People have other points of view, and you make it difficult to question anything, because you label them as trolls. TBH this place was much better without you, as your research while seemingly wonderful has proven to be worthless. Your timelines have been awful and your prediction for revenue and shareprice have been abysmal.

These are the true FACTS, but alas you still have this overpowering sense of superiority over all. If I had $1 for every time you've told us you're a retired lawyer and some shitty story about it then I would likely have had more revenue than Brainchip.

Why am I letting it out today? Because unlike you, I will leave this forum and no longer post. It is clear people cannot question management or the company here without ramifications from the BRN almighty retired lawyer!!! I'm thinking you were more likely a catholic priest, in all respects.

So good luck with your investment here Mr Retired Lawyer, I do note, you use this title frequently to try and have your minions in awe, but someone who is proud of what they have achieved in the small business world is considered worthy of ridicule.

To the rest of the holders, good luck, remember FF has been wrong in all of his predictions to this point, (but only because of outside influences remember ROFL!) so he's not your messiah he's just a naughty little boy. Look on the bright side people, only invest what you can afford, and as good as a stock seems, there's a reason people don't put all their eggs in the one basket.

Adios.
I think you have summarised how a lot of people feel when they come this place. Thank you, and I think we need people like you to stick around to ensure a well balanced place for discussion and to avoid more people getting fooled by select few. Would love to buy you a beer if we meet in person.
And NO, I don't have hidden agendas. I am just a pissed off shareholder.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀

Unfortunately the podcast was deleted or taken offline again.
1705050006405.png

• Thinking
  • Wow

Damo4

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Thank you Cosors, I have updated the link to have the now updated thumbnail and video
Thanks, that was quick!

MDhere

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
This guy here gives a decent rundown on a few AI Tech rolling out hopefully soon.

On a side note: How I am seeing CES (AKA the world stage), this is the place where big companies (and smaller) want to go to announce their groundbreaking technology coming out 'tomorrow'! now, I speculate that some of companies use they may be using Akida tech that are there this year have been holding off until they firstly announce their new product / future tech at CES 2024…once these products start rolling out this year, payment should start rolling in this year also, “watch the financial”...IMO

What do you all think of this?
AMD RYZEN 800G.png

and of this?
Samsung NQ8 AI Gen3 Propcessor.png

I don't want to be more specific about my question for the time being as most of you are much more familiar with the subject than I am and can better judge what this means. I would be very grateful for explanations in context.

keyeat

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Morning fellow brners, great posts!

I will do some research over the weekend when im back at work :) but in the meantime picked up this little beauty and only fitting i open it at $3.89.
Bring it on BRN 😀
View attachment 54048
off topic
As some of you may know, I love red wine.
I have tried some very good Australian wines because of some of you lovely fellows and conversations here on TSE. I now visit my Aussie store in my town regularly. Because of some of you I know for example that the wines from McLaren Vale are particularly good.
I have also tried one from this winery Penfolds. Mine was called BIN 28 and I was more interested in the content than the name back then.)
Your photo shows the BIRN 389. That prompted me to go to the winemaker's website and see what the numbers were all about. But I couldn't find what I was looking for. Can one of you explain to me what the numbers stand for? Could it be that BIN plus the number simply means the vineyard parcel?

Reactions: 7 users
View attachment 54100
and of this?
View attachment 54101

I don't want to be more specific about my question for the time being as most of you are much more familiar with the subject than I am and can better judge what this means. I would be very grateful for explanations in context.
AMD has always been a thumbs up from me

1705057659075.gif

• Haha

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 54100
and of this?
View attachment 54101

Hi cosors,

From memory, AMD uses MACs and 8-bit plus.

TPU Interviews AMD Vice President: Ryzen AI, X3D, Zen 4 Future Strategy and More | TechPowerUp

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-interview-ai-zen-4-strategy/

TPU Interviews AMD Vice President: Ryzen AI, X3D, Zen 4 Future Strategy and More by W1zzard, on Jul 13th, 2023, in Processors.

When I look at Ryzen AI or XDNA, I think the important thing about that engine is that it's really tuned for low-precision integer operations, so INT8, INT16. Some people are talking about INT4 even. The Ryzen AI engine does not bring new instruction sets necessarily to our new instruction types, or new operator types into that model, it's just highly efficient at multiply-accumulate-collect operations in the same way that you think about the layers in a neural network being able to do that in a way where you get an engine that's just completely built for that. I think that all these different types of execution engines complement each other in some ways.

On-Chip AI Integration is the Future of PC Computi... - AMD Community

1705056963033.png

The image above shows an archetypal neural network on the left and the AMD XDNA adaptive dataflow architecture at the heart of the AMD Ryzen AI engine on the right. The connections running from L1 to L6 simulate the way neurons are connected in the human brain. The Ryzen AI engine is flexible and can allocate resources differently depending on the underlying characteristics of the workload, but the example above works as a proof-of-concept.

Imagine a workload in which each neural layer performs a matrix multiply or convolution operation against incoming data before passing the new values to the next neuron(s) down the line. The AMD XDNA architecture is a dataflow architecture, designed to move data from compute array to compute array without the need for large, power-hungry, and expensive caches. One of the goals of a dataflow architecture is to avoid unexpected latency caused by cache misses by not needing a cache in the first place. This type of design emphasizes high performance without incurring latency penalties while fetching data from a CPU-style cache. It also avoids the increased power consumption associated with large caches.

Advantages of Executing AI on the AMD XDNA Architecture

High performance CPU and GPU technologies are important pillars of AMD's long-term AI strategy, but they aren't as transformative as integration of an AI engine on-die could be. Today, AI engines are already being used to offload certain processing tasks from the CPU and GPU. Moving tasks like background blur, facial detection, and noise cancellation are all tasks that can be performed more efficiently on a dedicated AI engine, freeing CPU and GPU cycles for other things and helping with improved power efficiency at the same time.

Integrating AI into the APU has several advantages. First, it tends to reduce latency and increase performance compared to attaching a device via the PCIe® bus. When an AI engine is integrated into the chip it can also benefit from shared access to memory and greater efficiency through more optimal data movement. Finally, integrating silicon on-die makes it easier to apply advanced power management techniques to the new processor block.

An external AI engine attached via a PCI Express® slot, or an M.2 slot is certainly possible, but integrating this capability into our most advanced “Zen 4” and AMD RDNA™ 3 silicon was a better way to make it available to customers without sacrificing the advantages above. Applications that leverage this local processor can benefit from the faster response times it enables and more consistent performance.

It's an exciting time in AI development. Today, customers, corporations, and manufacturers are evaluating AI at every level and power envelope. The only certainty in this evolving space is that if we could look ahead 5-7 years, we wouldn't "just" see models that do a better job at the same tasks that ChatGPT, Stable Diffusion, or Midjourney perform today. There will be models and applications for AI that nobody has even thought of yet. The AI performance improvements AMD has integrated into select processors in the Ryzen 7040 Mobile Series processors give developers and end-users the flexibility and support they need to experiment, evaluate, and ultimately make that future happen

This blurb is about the Ryzen 7040, so an earlier version presumably.

A recent AMD patent application for CNN:

US2023206395A1 HARDWARE SUPPORT FOR CONVOLUTION OPERATIONS 20211229

1705057618594.png

1705057656811.png

performing a first convolution operation based on a first convolutional layer input image to generate at least a portion of a first convolutional layer output image; while performing the first convolution operation, performing a second convolution operation based on a second convolutional layer input image to generate at least a portion of a second convolutional layer output image, wherein the second convolutional layer input image is based on the first convolutional layer output image; storing the portion of the first convolutional layer output image in a first memory dedicated to storing image data for convolution operations; and storing the portion of the second convolutional layer output image in a second memory dedicated to storing image data for convolution operations.

[0038] A convolution operation includes applying the filter 406 to the input image 404 to generate one or more pixels 414 of the output image 408 . Specifically, an image processor 402 calculates a dot product of the filter weights with a filter cutout 411 of the input image 404 . This dot product involves multiplying each filter weight 412 with a corresponding pixel of the input image 404 to generate a set of partial products, and summing all of those partial products to calculate the dot product result.

It seems as if they've invented parallel processing using maths, but they are not into spikes.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
off topic
As some of you may know, I love red wine.
I have tried some very good Australian wines because of some of you lovely fellows and conversations here on TSE. I now visit my Aussie store in my town regularly. Because of some of you I know for example that the wines from McLaren Vale are particularly good.
I have also tried one from this winery Penfolds. Mine was called BIN 28 and I was more interested in the content than the name back then.)
Your photo shows the BIRN 389. That prompted me to go to the winemaker's website and see what the numbers were all about. But I couldn't find what I was looking for. Can one of you explain to me what the numbers stand for? Could it be that BIN plus the number simply means the vineyard parcel?
Yep, Bin 389 cab shiraz.

Leaving aside penfolds Grange, which is revered by the aficionados, Bin 389 is my favourite.

The Penfolds St Henri shiraz was better in the olden days, but I find 389 is more to my liking these days.

Then there is Penfolds Bin 407 cab sav.

These are all quite pricy now. I got hooked when St Henri was $8 a bottle.

here is the company's Bin page

https://www.vivino.com/wine-news/penfolds--behind-the-bin-numbers#:~:text=There are a number of Bins in the,389, which is a South Australian Cabernet-Shiraz blend.

The bin number identifies the type of blend so they can aim for a degree of consistency.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

cosors

👀
Yep, Bin 389 cab shiraz.

Leaving aside penfolds Grange, which is revered by the aficionados, Bin 389 is my favourite.

The Penfolds St Henri shiraz was better in the olden days, but I find 389 is more to my liking these days.

Then there is Penfolds Bin 407 cab sav.

These are all quite pricy now. I got hooked when St Henri was $8 a bottle.

here is the company's Bin page

https://www.vivino.com/wine-news/penfolds--behind-the-bin-numbers#:~:text=There are a number of Bins in the,389, which is a South Australian Cabernet-Shiraz blend.

The bin number identifies the type of blend so they can aim for a degree of consistency.
Interesting and thank you for both! I understand this post much faster than your first answer regarding AMD where I am still trying to guess if we have two new serious competitors with AMD and Samsung or not.
Here is the answer:

The Bin number represents the Batch Identification Number. Bearing no relation to quality or price, the number refers to the area in the cellars where the wines were historically stored.

I'll have a look later to see what big wine my Aussie shop has to offer this time. It's just a small shop and he gets a special bottle for me every now and then. Most people are too stingy for good alcohol LoL - cough.
I can then compare it with a wine from Napa Valley CA from the Duckhorn winery that I received as a gift yesterday. The first wine from the USA for me. Wines from there are almost impossible to get here. I am curious.
But it's already clear to me personally that your Shiraz from Down Under tastes far better than any Syrah I've tasted from France, where the grape originally comes from.
I'm digressing off-topic and have to continue reading here in the thread. I still have a few pages to go. Back to business. But thanks again for your insight into both topics!
Luckily the weekend starts in a few hours 🍷

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Revisiting the press release for Akida 2, can we expect Renesas to take out a new licence for Akida 2?

We see an increasing demand for real-time, on-device, intelligence in AI applications powered by our MCUs and the need to make sensors smarter for industrial and IoT devices,” said Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in Renesas’ IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit. “We licensed Akida neural processors because of their unique neuromorphic approach to bring hyper-efficient acceleration for today’s mainstream AI models at the edge. With the addition of advanced temporal convolution and vision transformers, we can see how low-power MCUs can revolutionize vision, perception, and predictive applications in wide variety of markets like industrial and consumer IoT and personalized healthcare, just to name a few.”

There was something published about their own in-house DRP-AI recently. DRP-AI uses MACs.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

cosors

👀
Morning fellow brners, great posts!

I will do some research over the weekend when im back at work :) but in the meantime picked up this little beauty and only fitting i open it at $3.89.
Bring it on BRN 😀
View attachment 54048
@MDhere from my point of view, apart from perhaps very, very rare cases, there is no one moment for a special wine.

I see it more as the time is always right when I have the leisure and peace to enjoy it and also to appreciate it, because nobody can know how long everything will go well.
In my opinion there is a danger that by waiting and waiting the opportunity passes and the moment to enjoy the nectar of the sun is gone. We can never know when our time is up and therefore the wine will sadly outlive us. So pop the cork when the opportunity is good. At least that's how I see it for myself. Life is too short anyway. At least at my home wine doesn't get better through long ageing because there is no storage 😊

This is an exciting packaging for a very good wine. May the rocket rise soon!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Interesting and thank you for both! I understand this post much faster than your first answer regarding AMD where I am still trying to guess if we have two new serious competitors with AMD and Samsung or not.
Here is the answer:

The Bin number represents the Batch Identification Number. Bearing no relation to quality or price, the number refers to the area in the cellars where the wines were historically stored.

I'll have a look later to see what big wine my Aussie shop has to offer this time. It's just a small shop and he gets a special bottle for me every now and then. Most people are too stingy for good alcohol LoL - cough.
I can then compare it with a wine from Napa Valley CA from the Duckhorn winery that I received as a gift yesterday. The first wine from the USA for me. Wines from there are almost impossible to get here. I am curious.
But it's already clear to me personally that your Shiraz from Down Under tastes far better than any Syrah I've tasted from France, where the grape originally comes from.
I'm digressing off-topic and have to continue reading here in the thread. I still have a few pages to go. Back to business. But thanks again for your insight into both topics!
Luckily the weekend starts in a few hours 🍷
They are serious in that they're big, but they are big and stupid.

Samsung thinks NPUs include a processor with instructions

US2021004663A1 NEURAL NETWORK DEVICE AND METHOD OF QUANTIZING PARAMETERS OF NEURAL NETWORK 20190704

1705063625399.png

[0079] Referring to FIG. 5B, the neural processing unit (or, a processor) 113 may include a control circuit 171 , a logic circuit 172 , an embedded memory 173 and a register 174 .

[0080] The control circuit 171 controls overall operations of the processor 113 . The control circuit 171 may control flows of instructions and data for quantizing parameters of the neural network.

[0081] The embedded memory 173 may store the instructions and the data of the processor 113 . The register 174 may store the quantized N-bit fixed-point type of asymmetric input data and the quantized N-bit floating-point type of weights provided from the result register 136 .

[0082] The logic circuit 172 may be connected to the register 174 and may apply the quantized N-bit fixed-point type of asymmetric input data and the quantized N-bit floating-point type of weights to the neural network to generate a quantized neural network QNN

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom