BRN Discussion Ongoing

Iseki

Regular
Truly, everybody knows this, and have known for a long time, you are not telling us anything new.
and it just gets a little tiring hearing it again and again.:rolleyes:
It's okay to vent frustration at the NDA's.

You can think about what they mean.

If every potential client is demanding an NDA then that means that Akida is so shit hot they don't want their competitors to jump on the Akida bus too. If, on the other hand BrainChip is demanding them that is because they want to spend their time developing Akida and not flaffing about and being answerable to everyone for what the client is doing with Akida, and how well it works.

Also, there appear to be many products out there with AI inside where all that has been added to the chip is some number crunching capability. This can look bad for us as it looks like they are stealing Akida's thunder. However it does move the world forward towards a ubiquitous use of AI which will ultimately lead to us provided we can last the time needed to be accepted.

So here's to everyone feeling frustrated but hopeful.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I just want to add, as someone who is selling AI - computer vision technology, which includes the sale of Edge Boxes (not AKIDA Edge Boxes, but the old school style).. these are about 1/20th of the size of the boxes we sell. I can see this making deployments much easier, especially when the client's comms rack is completely full. The other significant advantage of a box of this size is the noise. Our Edge Boxes sound like a rocket ship once we deploy them. Makes it tricky when our clients have their comms racks next to the manager's desk. I'm sure these barely make a peep and will create significant cost-savings for large-scale deployments. Excited to get our hands on them one day.
Just tell your boss you'll bend them over your knee if they don't contact BC and get the ball rolling lickidisplit. 🤣
Do they want your company to be left behind?
Really!!!! 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Congratulations PVDM on your retirement.
Whilst it is known that you will continue certain duties and still have continued input into your Company and invention it is still a milestone worthy of comment. Thank you for what you have contributed to the world and for structuring BrainChip in such a way that gave me the opportunity to participate. Well Done, Well Done, Well Done and please enjoy the fruits of your labour and the life you wish for yourself as you transition into well deserved retirement. May you enjoy good Health, good wealth and good friends and family to share it all with. 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

TECH

Regular
CES...Lets get this party started Akida....time to kick some a$#@ Tuesday to Friday lets go Rob, Todd, Sean, Anil and Kris and any other staff
in attendance....do us proud guys, we all love your work...Tech x

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
It's okay to vent frustration at the NDA's.

You can think about what they mean.

If every potential client is demanding an NDA then that means that Akida is so shit hot they don't want their competitors to jump on the Akida bus too. If, on the other hand BrainChip is demanding them that is because they want to spend their time developing Akida and not flaffing about and being answerable to everyone for what the client is doing with Akida, and how well it works.

Also, there appear to be many products out there with AI inside where all that has been added to the chip is some number crunching capability. This can look bad for us as it looks like they are stealing Akida's thunder. However it does move the world forward towards a ubiquitous use of AI which will ultimately lead to us provided we can last the time needed to be accepted.

So here's to everyone feeling frustrated but hopeful.

This pretty much just added the same value (I.e. zero), but you used more words and encouraged people to take a nap half way through reading because it was so rehashed and a great waste to read. Waiting for fresh material from you buddy.

• Haha

MrNick

Regular
Evident Care

I think this concern about details is valid. All the companies one really enjoys, like Apple, Porsche, Bang & Olufsen, show a seamless progression of evident care in all their activities. And it is because one sees the accuracy and elegance in the things read and used, the things one can see, that they build trust that the same level of care extends into the things one cannot see, the inner workings.

The other charming quality in these companies is their lightness of touch. Their products are unashamedly beautiful, the engineering faultless, yet their advertisements often have an ironic or witty twist.

These are qualities that Brainchip should emulate.
Those marquee brands also emanate desirability and are thoroughbreds within their markets. They also sell physical products, they are B2C, we’re B2B. Our sweet spot lies in marketing our key USPs in a way that speaks the language of Porsche and B&O etc, using beautifully crafted and targeted copy that cuts through to the people who will jump to a solution that beats all others and will dictate future processing for decades. We are at ‘foreplay’ stage, 2nd base requires attraction and a leap of faith.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

MegaportX

Regular
CES...Lets get this party started Akida....time to kick some a$#@ Tuesday to Friday lets go Rob, Todd, Sean, Anil and Kris and any other staff
in attendance....do us proud guys, we all love your work...Tech x

The engagement level is exceptional...

IloveLamp

Top 20
View attachment 53450
Screenshot_20240105_170725_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I just want to add, as someone who is selling AI - computer vision technology, which includes the sale of Edge Boxes (not AKIDA Edge Boxes, but the old school style).. these are about 1/20th of the size of the boxes we sell. I can see this making deployments much easier, especially when the client's comms rack is completely full. The other significant advantage of a box of this size is the noise. Our Edge Boxes sound like a rocket ship once we deploy them. Makes it tricky when our clients have their comms racks next to the manager's desk. I'm sure these barely make a peep and will create significant cost-savings for large-scale deployments. Excited to get our hands on them one day.
No moving parts, just the gentle hum of pirouetting electrons.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Pvdm spotted in Freo having lunch😜

Attachments

• 53b13625-18d8-4604-8b22-7554f7344c96.jpeg
    53b13625-18d8-4604-8b22-7554f7344c96.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 320
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

7für7

Regular
Green closing! Have a nice weekend! Looking forward to next week 👍

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

TopCat

Regular

I’m hoping Sean and Justin play a round of golf occasionally!

Hotard will be responsible for Intel’s data center products and its mission to bring AI everywhere.

SANTA CLARA, Calif., January 03, 2024
--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intel Corporation today announced the appointment of Justin Hotard as executive vice president and general manager of its Data Center and AI Group (DCAI), effective Feb. 1. He joins Intel with more than 20 years of experience driving transformation and growth in computing and data center businesses, and is a leader in delivering scalable AI systems for the enterprise.

Hotard will become a member of Intel’s executive leadership team and report directly to CEO Pat Gelsinger. He will be responsible for Intel’s suite of data center products spanning enterprise and cloud, including its Intel® Xeon® processor family, graphics processing units (GPUs) and accelerators. He will also play an integral role in driving the company’s mission to bring AI everywhere.

Most recently, Hotard served as executive vice president and general manager of High-Performance Computing, AI and Labs at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). While at HPE, he was responsible for delivering AI capabilities to customers addressing some of the world’s most complex problems through data-intensive workloads. He also directed the company’s central applied research group, Hewlett Packard Labs.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

CHIPS

Regular
You pick on people who make mistakes on here 123, You pick n choose obviously your not consistent,
Is that how you run your life, pick and choose sort of guy
Stop feeding the troll!

Reactions: 3 users

CHIPS

Regular
Hi Chips
I love stories so here is one for you.

When I employed Secretary typists it was sufficient to circle the mistake and give it back to them. They understood the circle indicated a mistake. They then corrected it and the work came back to me and I signed and off it went.

I never once spent all day for a week berating the person over a typo. I never sacked anyone for a typo even if it was missed by someone.

I absolutely never after ranting for a week over a typo came back to it in subsequent weeks time and time again making jokes at the persons expense.

I never found the typo so important that I stopped the analyse of a matter of significance to promote the typo’s significance to all making it the only thing I spoke about in the office day after day with every client who came through the door.

So what I would suggest is that those that do are either in need of help or have another agenda.

I would suggest that the appropriate action for even a pedant to take is to circle the typo and send it to Tony Dawe with a please correct.

Then post if they are so inclined that they have detected the typo and notified the company.

You obviously do not agree and consider it should dominate the conversation for weeks on end

If you were an employer I think you would find yourself on the front end of a constructive dismissal case if you behaved like this with your employees.

The End.

My opinion no further research or comment required.
Fact Finder

Hello Fact Finder

I don't like stories, but rather reality!

1. Nobody discussed "all day for a week" beating anybody! You were the one writing most words about it.
2. Secretaries should not make typing mistakes especially nowadays with automatic correction programs and when going public. It always gives bad impressions. In this case, nobody did a second check!
3. It surprises me over and over again how much and often you defend BrainChip even over minor topics.

My end too.

Have a good weekend!

CHIPS

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

CHIPS

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

tjcov87

Couple of dots for CES and 4 years in the making perhaps.... may have already been linked prior so apologies in advance if that's the case.

https://www.biometricupdate.com/202...sing-capabilities-opens-developer-environment

BrainChip has demonstrated the capabilities of its latest class of neuromorphic processing IP and Device in two sessions at the tinyML Summit at the Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center in San Jose, California, the company announced.

“We recognize the growing need for low-power machine learning for emerging applications and architectures and have worked diligently to provide a solution that performs complex neural network training and inference for these systems,” said in a prepared statement Louis DiNardo, CEO of BrainChip. “We believe that as a high-performance and ultra-power neural processor, Akida is ideally suited to be implemented at the Edge and IoT applications.”

In a session titled “Bio-Inspired Edge Learning on the Akida Event-Based Neural Processor,” BrainChip rolled out a demo of how the Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip processes standard vision CNNs using industry standard flows and distinguishes itself from traditional deep-learning accelerators through key features of design choices and bio-inspired learning algorithm. As a result, Akida takes up 40 to 60 percent less computations to process a CNN compared to a DLA.

https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...ble-expansive-kitchen-experiences-at-ces-2024

AI Features That Enable Food Ideas and Intelligence

To enhance the experience in the kitchen, the 2024 Bespoke 4-Door Flex™ Refrigerator with AI Family Hub™+ has been packed with a variety of innovative technologies. One impressive new feature is AI Vision Inside, which uses a smart internal camera that can recognize items being placed in and out of the refrigerator. Also, it is equipped with “Vision AI” technology, which can identify up to 33 different fresh food items based on a predefined set of training data comprising approximately one million food photographs.2 With the food list that is available and editable on the Family Hub™+ screen, users can also manually add expiration date information for items that they would like to keep track and the refrigerator sends out alerts through its 32” LCD screen for items before reaching that date.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 39 users
Couple of dots for CES and 4 years in the making perhaps.... may have already been linked prior so apologies in advance if that's the case.

https://www.biometricupdate.com/202...sing-capabilities-opens-developer-environment

BrainChip has demonstrated the capabilities of its latest class of neuromorphic processing IP and Device in two sessions at the tinyML Summit at the Samsung Strategy & Innovation Center in San Jose, California, the company announced.

“We recognize the growing need for low-power machine learning for emerging applications and architectures and have worked diligently to provide a solution that performs complex neural network training and inference for these systems,” said in a prepared statement Louis DiNardo, CEO of BrainChip. “We believe that as a high-performance and ultra-power neural processor, Akida is ideally suited to be implemented at the Edge and IoT applications.”

In a session titled “Bio-Inspired Edge Learning on the Akida Event-Based Neural Processor,” BrainChip rolled out a demo of how the Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip processes standard vision CNNs using industry standard flows and distinguishes itself from traditional deep-learning accelerators through key features of design choices and bio-inspired learning algorithm. As a result, Akida takes up 40 to 60 percent less computations to process a CNN compared to a DLA.

https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...ble-expansive-kitchen-experiences-at-ces-2024

AI Features That Enable Food Ideas and Intelligence

To enhance the experience in the kitchen, the 2024 Bespoke 4-Door Flex™ Refrigerator with AI Family Hub™+ has been packed with a variety of innovative technologies. One impressive new feature is AI Vision Inside, which uses a smart internal camera that can recognize items being placed in and out of the refrigerator. Also, it is equipped with “Vision AI” technology, which can identify up to 33 different fresh food items based on a predefined set of training data comprising approximately one million food photographs.2 With the food list that is available and editable on the Family Hub™+ screen, users can also manually add expiration date information for items that they would like to keep track and the refrigerator sends out alerts through its 32” LCD screen for items before reaching that date.
Great find and don’t apologise mentioning it. Samsung seems to be such a hot lead. Let’s hope that it’s us in their 2024 roadmap. There are so many hints already.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Wonder what, if any, potential impacts this move by Prophesee will have given the current US / China chip issues :unsure:

Hong Kong's dynamic innovation scene attracts French semiconductor company setting up regional headquarters (with photo)

Invest Hong Kong announced today (December 12) that it has helped French semiconductor company Prophesee set up a regional headquarters in the city to push its neuromorphic artificial intelligence (AI) technology across Asia.

The department welcomed the establishment of Prophesee in Hong Kong. The Associate Director-General of Investment Promotion, Dr Jimmy Chiang, said, "We are happy to see that the company capitalises on the city's advantages in research and development capabilities, advanced technology infrastructure, legal system and deep pool of local talent to set up its regional headquarters in Hong Kong."

He added, "With opportunities brought by the National 14th Five-Year Plan and the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, Hong Kong can act as a strategic hub for innovative companies, like Prophesee, looking to access the Mainland market."

The Co-founder and CEO of Prophesee, Mr Luca Verre, said that the company's primary objective is to expand the adoption of the neuromorphic AI technology in mass market segments such as mobile phones, augmented reality or virtual reality headsets, and Internet of Things (IoT) cameras, as well as industrial automation and automotive sectors.

He said, "The Greater China region and the broader Asia markets represent the largest and fastest growing market for many of these segments. As we are accelerating our commercial expansion and are already achieving wins with major mobile manufacturers and IoT solution providers in the Greater China region, we think it's an optimal time to come to Hong Kong and make it a regional centre for our further expansion in Asia."

He added, "The new Hong Kong office is not only our regional headquarters in the Asia-Pacific region, but also our new customer innovation centre. It oversees the business operations in the Greater China region, Japan and Korea and develops innovative neuromorphic solutions for our global customers. We will be transferring and also hiring senior executive team members in Hong Kong to facilitate the process."

Prophesee develops a breakthrough Event-Based Vision approach to machine vision. This new vision category allows for significant reduction of power, latency and data processing requirements to reveal what was invisible to traditional frame-based sensors until now.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom