BRN Discussion Ongoing

1704398077674.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 83 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

IMG_8085.jpeg

Morse Micro Unveils New Wi-Fi HaLow Customer Innovations at CES 2024 Showcasing Wide Range of Customer Use Cases from Growing List of Global Partners​

Morse Micro will unveil a host of new customer ecosystem innovations at CES 2024, Jan. 9 – 12. The demonstrations will showcase the groundbreaking capabilities of Wi-Fi HaLow technology, the first Wi-Fi standard specifically designed to support the unique requirements of the growing IoT market.
“Wi-Fi HaLow technology extends beyond the limited reach of legacy Wi-Fi, while providing throughputs no other long-range wireless technology can match,” said Michael De Nil, co-founder and CEO of Morse Micro. “Momentum is building for Wi-Fi HaLow, with the Wi-Fi Alliance taking major steps to promote the protocol’s benefits for the IoT. Our partners have incorporated our complete Wi-Fi HaLow connectivity solution to develop IoT products for a host of consumer and enterprise applications that are driving the mass market adoption of Wi-Fi HaLow technology.”
At CES 2024, Morse Micro, in collaboration with its partners, will demonstrate Wi-Fi HaLow technology breakthroughs spanning multiple IoT applications, enabling the future of smart home, industrial and building automation. Demo highlights include the following customer products and technologies:
  • Dual-mode Wi-Fi 6 + Wi-Fi HaLow access points (APs)
  • IoT gateways supporting Wi-Fi HaLow
  • Edge AI-powered security cameras linked with Wi-Fi HaLow
  • Indoor and outdoor IP cameras featuring long-range Wi-Fi HaLow connectivity
  • Smart doorbell camera with Wi-Fi HaLow
  • Highly portable mobile devices with Wi-Fi HaLow-enabled cameras or sensors
  • Matter protocol running over Wi-Fi HaLow for smart home networks
  • Wi-Fi HaLow support for multiple stations (STAs)
  • Ultra-small W-Fi HaLow modules integrating Morse Micro wireless SoCs
While conventional Wi-Fi is the most ubiquitous wireless communications protocol in use today, the rapid growth of the IoT has forced a rethinking of Wi-Fi, revealing technological gaps in range and power efficiency and what role Wi-Fi should play in an all-encompassing connected world. Morse Micro’s industry-leading Wi-Fi HaLow portfolio solves these challenges for Wi-Fi connectivity in IoT applications. The company’s comprehensive Wi-Fi HaLow portfolio includes the industry’s smallest, fastest and lowest power IEEE 802.11ah compliant SoCs and modules. These Wi-Fi HaLow devices provide 10x the range, 100x the coverage area and 1000x the volume of traditional Wi-Fi solutions.
The extended range, power efficiency, scalability and versatility of Wi-Fi HaLow technology enable Morse Micro to address a wide range of markets and applications:
  • Smart home – security cameras, home automation, garage doors, smart locks, and more
  • Infrastructure – network extension (aka virtual wire), mesh APs, backhaul, rural networks, and more
  • Industrial – industrial automation, warehouse, transport, logistics, and more
  • Enterprise – building access, building management systems, enterprise security cameras, sensors, and more
  • Smart cities – smart meters, public access, information kiosks, and more

As we know from September 2022

Related WiFi IoT articles​

“With MegaChips’ financial backing and robust manufacturing and sales support, Morse Micro will be poised to achieve our goal of revolutionizing IoT connectivity with our growing portfolio of Wi-Fi HaLow SoCs, modules, software and development tools,” said Michael De Nil, co-founder and chief executive officer at Morse Micro. “With growing market traction for Wi-Fi HaLow-compliant solutions in the IoT ecosystem, we’re at an exciting inflection point. MegaChips shares our vision to revolutionise connectivity and build enduring Wi-Fi HaLow solutions for the future. We are delighted to partner with them, and for the support we’ve had from all of our investors, as we take the next step forward in our company’s journey toward market scale and leadership.”

“MegaChips pursues strategic partnerships and investments with promising startups like Morse Micro that have innovative ideas, cutting-edge applications and are expanding their businesses in areas such as industrial IoT, wireless communications and energy control,” said Tetsuo Hikawa, President and CEO of MegaChips Group. “Morse Micro’s visionary management team has had a tremendous impact on the Wi-Fi industry, and we expect more great accomplishments to come as we work together to ramp production and sales of their flagship Wi-Fi HaLow products.”

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

1704402263281.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Is this good or bad, for BrainChip's relationship with Teksun 🤔

Would be good, if we can eke out some sort of a relationship with Qualcomm, at CES24..

The Company has said there will be "New demos" and "New partners"..

The "New partners" can now safely be assumed as being "New, New" and not just new since CES23, with the reveal of the relationship with Microchip, just this week..

So here's hoping.
No need for hope......😜

Screenshot_20240105_073052_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 45 users

skutza

Regular
As always a bit of a fight over at HC. But i did have a chuckle of this one :)

1704404673844.png

Attachments

• 1704404643659.png
    1704404643659.png
    297.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Frangipani

Regular
On Dec 29, Chinese researchers from Zhejiang University Hangzhou published a paper on arXiv titled Darwin3: A large-scale neuromorphic chip with a Novel ISA and On-Chip Learning. (Take note that submissions on arXiv must be from registered authors and are moderated but not peer-reviewed, although some authors posting preprints on arXiv - and thus benefitting from immediate feedback in the open-access community and extending their potential citation readership - go on to publish them in peer-reviewed journals).

Not for the first time, however, Akida is missing from the comparison with other state-of-the-art neuromorphic chips (plus the table still lists IBM’s TrueNorth instead of the recently unveiled NorthPole). This of course begs the question “Why?!” And the two likeliest answers IMO are: a) the authors did not know about Akida or b) they did not want Akida to outshine their baby.

I’ll leave it to our resident hardware experts to comment on the question whether Darwin3, which constitutes the third generation of the Darwin family of neuromorphic chips and is claimed to have up to 2.35 million neurons and on-chip learning, could be serious future competition.
A quick search here on TSE did not yield any reference to either its predecessors Darwin (2015) or Darwin2 (2019).

A1B5A8FE-5756-469F-B0E6-68D5CE49EDBD.jpeg

D0FCE988-462A-44F8-8343-B01901BA5730.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Damo4

Regular
As always a bit of a fight over at HC. But i did have a chuckle of this one :)

View attachment 53421
HC is a such a waste of time.
Yet to see anything cross posted here since Feb 2022 that contains any value whatsoever.
Just a bunch of self righteous leeches.

Edit: Accusing someone of clearing custard is possibly the best thing to come from there haha

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JoMo68

Regular
Teksun Inc
Teksun Inc
46 Min. •
Exciting News! Teksun Inc. is Now a Member of The Qualcomm Advantage Network!

We are thrilled to announce that Teksun Inc. has officially become a proud Qualcomm Advantage Network member.

This collaboration further cements our commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology in IoT and AI. Being a part of this esteemed network allows us to leverage top-tier resources, industry insights, and advanced technological capabilities to continue delivering exceptional solutions to our clients and partners.

Stay tuned as we continue to innovate, pushing the boundaries of brilliant devices with groundbreaking technologies and solutions!
I hope that the 'big boys' with very deep pockets are not just pulling everything away from us in to their orbit.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Quiltman

Regular
Interesting to be at the receiving end of a sales pitch from Edge Impulse ( see email below ).
A reminder that we sit in the background, one of the many assets that can be deployed by Edge Impulse depending on the business need.
The stronger our product ( IP ), the greater the breadth of applications, the more likely the integration.

It's all about the ecosystem .... stupid ;) .

Hi XXXXXX,

I'd like to introduce myself as your resource here at Edge Impulse. We provide the world's leading platform for creating and deploying machine learning models to edge devices.

I was wondering how your organisation could run into:

-Bandwidth issues

-Battery life problems

-Modelling/insight generation roadblocks in general.

happy to send more info and book a demo call with our technical team if there is interest from your side

Yana Vibe
Sales Development EMEA

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20240105_083538_LinkedIn.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Pmel

Regular
Announcements to come. This is in the email from Brainchip this morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105_093408_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240105_093408_Outlook.jpg
    694.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Damo4

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Dear Fact Finder,

I once worked for a company that said the following to me in my interview:

"We want to be the best company in our field. This also includes everything we do and present. Therefore, we do not allow ourselves the smallest mistakes because even these show that we are not the best."

If BrainChip makes mistakes and we see them, you can be sure that customers/potential customers will see them also and at this time, BrainChip cannot afford to make mistakes, not even the minor ones. Therefore it is not a minor thing to make (obvious) mistakes.

My opinion.
CHIPS
Hi Chips
I love stories so here is one for you.

When I employed Secretary typists it was sufficient to circle the mistake and give it back to them. They understood the circle indicated a mistake. They then corrected it and the work came back to me and I signed and off it went.

I never once spent all day for a week berating the person over a typo. I never sacked anyone for a typo even if it was missed by someone.

I absolutely never after ranting for a week over a typo came back to it in subsequent weeks time and time again making jokes at the persons expense.

I never found the typo so important that I stopped the analyse of a matter of significance to promote the typo’s significance to all making it the only thing I spoke about in the office day after day with every client who came through the door.

So what I would suggest is that those that do are either in need of help or have another agenda.

I would suggest that the appropriate action for even a pedant to take is to circle the typo and send it to Tony Dawe with a please correct.

Then post if they are so inclined that they have detected the typo and notified the company.

You obviously do not agree and consider it should dominate the conversation for weeks on end

If you were an employer I think you would find yourself on the front end of a constructive dismissal case if you behaved like this with your employees.

The End.

My opinion no further research or comment required.
Fact Finder

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
💥Announcements to come stay tuned

IMG_8086.jpeg

CES 2024 is Right Around the Corner​

A Very Happy New Year to you all!
What better way to kick off the New Year than by taking a fresh approach to Edge computing? Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Here, at BrainChip, our New Year’s Resolution is to make every device with a sensor AI-smart. At CES® 2024, we will be demonstrating many ways we are doing just that. In our exhibitor suite, we will be showing a wide variety of applications, both on BrainChip’s platform as well as with our partners such as Microchip and numerous others (announcements to come, stay tuned) that push AI to the Edge. From Anti-spoofing with Time of Flight Sensors for security applications, to complementing a small footprint MCU for vision and voice, to anomaly detection for preventive maintenance in industrial applications, to human machine interfaces for automotive and augmented reality applications and more.

We are also providing a sneak preview of the Edge Boxes and Edge Servers, both based on Akida SoCs that will soon be available on the market.
In addition, Akida™ has added compelling new capabilities to its neuromorphic computing foundation in its 2nd generation processor. These include Temporal Event Based Neural Nets (TENNs) that revolutionize the on-device processing of multi-dimensional streaming data from multiple sensors as well as the boosting of vision and video object detection with Vision Transformers. These technologies will radically reduce the footprint and processing required to enable the migration of Large Language Models (LLMs), Large Vision Models (LVMs), Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and multi-modal operation to constrained edge devices, to make them much more intuitive, engaging, and intelligent.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Dijon101

Regular
You pick on people who make mistakes on here 123, You pick n choose obviously your not consistent,
Is that how you run your life, pick and choose sort of guy

If you think he's a cunt, just ignore him. It's really simple. No need for back and forth, he's not going to change.

I've ignored wilzy as 95% of his posts are flaming or baiting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Wags

Regular
If you think he's a $$$$, just ignore him. It's really simple. No need for back and forth, he's not going to change.

I've ignored wilzy as 95% of his posts are flaming or baiting.
Not very nice language for the ladies of the group, maybe your avatar is appropriate.. Ignore me too.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom