BRN Discussion Ongoing

Nice news to wake up to this morn.

Hope we get a few more like this in the lead up.

Can't wait to see what some other outcomes and interest will be once CES finished.

Do I win anything?...a coffee cup, keyring, some free shares maybe :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20240104_071811.jpg

If felt like reading article.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

MrNick

Regular
Latest BC post. I have offered my proof-reading services. Can you spot it?
IMG_0256.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 24 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
🤔

Screenshot_20240104_093814_LinkedIn.jpg

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Damo4

Regular
1704324790292.png

1704324821542.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

The Pope

Regular
Hi The Pope

Well one good turn deserves another so I will take you up on this point because you did say:

“My recall is most of BRN submitted patents waiting approval are atleast 2 years old ?”

This is not correct. Some are less than a year and none are two years.

You may not have intended to provide the fuel for anxiety by some but this statement being entirely incorrect has that capacity.

My intent is to ensure only factually based fear and anxiety prevails.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi FF

I’m sorry I gave anyone anxiety with my considered loose comments etc but yes I said approval and not filed so there is a difference based on US patent office.
I did get a email from someone earlier this year that did not defuse my comment on some patents were over two years waiting approval. Maybe there was a misinterpretation on filed or approved patents. The error rate and corrections on BRN announcements via ASX give my comment some weight.

So what is my understanding on what you are sort of saying is many patents appear to have been approved in the past 12 months or so and only a couple have been announced via ASX. (Maybe only the significant ones from a BRN management point of view)
If so, well done BRN management for what appears to be informing some select retail investors if they ask the right question but not all retail investors via ASX as requested by AGM (not limited to). Refer to my last post as to why I make this comment again.

Not trying to start an argument and just also trying to state a couple facts as well in my comments above but not about what you may be trying to say. Lol

Thanks
The pope

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

wasMADX

Regular
Hi All
The following extracted paragraph tells me at least everything I need to know at this point about the Microchip release:

BrainChip to Unveil Akida Neuromorphic Processor Enabled by Microchip’s 32-bit MPU at CES 2024​

Integrated solution demonstrates always-on machine learning tasks including keyword spotting and visual wake words​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – January 3, 2024 BrainChip Holdings Ltd

“In this collaborative showcase with BrainChip, we will illustrate how our customers can leverage the advantages of next-generation AI to enable low-power, high-performance machine learning applications on our embedded platforms,” said Rod Drake, corporate vice president of Microchip’s MPU32 and MCU32 business units. “This is truly a not-to-miss demonstration at CES 2024.”

Breaking it down:

Microchip is demonstrating how adding Brainchip technology to Microchip’s embedded platforms it:

1. Leverages next Gen Ai - (AKIDA)

2. Enables low power - (AKIDA)

3. Enables HIGH performance machine learning - (AKIDA)

Microchip’s Corporate Vice President is telling Microchip’s customers that this demonstration is NOT to be missed.

I will take questions if you still do not understand the significance.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
This is a highly significant announcement that has not dawned on the market as I post.

This collaboration gives great credence to Akida.

You'd think that Microchip would develop a new board with Akida actually integrated and hence be a BRN customer. Then, makers of devices would have a simpler path to develop THEIR devices.

Would we get royalties from both Microchip and the device makers?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Hi FF

I’m sorry I gave anyone anxiety with my considered loose comments etc but yes I said approval and not filed so there is a difference based on US patent office.
I did get a email from someone earlier this year that did not defuse my comment on some patents were over two years waiting approval. Maybe there was a misinterpretation on filed or approved patents. The error rate and corrections on BRN announcements via ASX give my comment some weight.

So what is my understanding on what you are sort of saying is many patents appear to have been approved in the past 12 months or so and only a couple have been announced via ASX. (Maybe only the significant ones from a BRN management point of view)
If so, well done BRN management for what appears to be informing some select retail investors if they ask the right question but not all retail investors via ASX as requested by AGM (not limited to). Refer to my last post as to why I make this comment again.

Not trying to start an argument and just also trying to state a couple facts as well in my comments above but not about what you may be trying to say. Lol

Thanks
The pope
Hi The Pope
I have a huge amount of stored, I think repressed is the correct term, anger over the way the company communicates.

So much of the Brainchip knowledge requires a college degree and a team of researchers to uncover from the public domain and I am not a fan of the use of diverse social media platforms to communicate with shareholders.

In my life I have seen how most day to day problems arise through lack of information because most people do not know how to find it or even know to look in the first place.

The way Brainchip chooses to communicate compounds the issue. For instance if they are doing podcasts they should provide transcripts. I have raised this a thousand times.

My anger however is not negativity because while I disagree with their approach and believe it is wrong I understand it and it does not make me anxious or fearful but it does mean I spend far more time than I do on my other investments which take what I consider to be the correct approach to ASX announcements.

Another holder who is in the USA and I were chatting and he does not relate at all to my anger over ASX announcements because for him it is what he is used to in the States.

We are an ASX listed company run by Americans and what was clear at the Meet & Greet was our US CEO just does not get the importance we Aussies place on the ASX and was there trying to understand.

I suppose it’s like an Aussie trying to understand why an American needs so much food put on their plate while lamenting the obesity problem and what to do about it.

It is a cultural gap that my repressed anger needs to accept.

Anyway all good we are on the same page now.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

Damo4

Regular
This is a highly significant announcement that has not dawned on the market as I post.

You'd think that Microchip would develop a new board with Akida actually integrated and hence be a BRN customer. Then, makers of devices would have a simpler path to develop THEIR devices.

Agreed, I think the collaboration is to provide a framework for clients to use a unique dev kit (Micro+Akida) to evaluate for their own products.
We'll see when it's demonstrated, but as they have specified 2 different Dev Kits, I think Akida is an add on, rather than imbedded.

Whether the future license would go through Microchips, or it would be a customer buying 2 separate licenses who knows.
My guess and hope is the former, as I believe that is the arrangement Renesas and Megachips have, where their clients drive the IP demand through them.
It's also cleaner as they can ask Microchips for a solution, and they can source the relevant IP from vendors including Brainchip.

Reactions: 12 users

Hi M
Well to use the old method is it likely one percent of Microchip customers will accept the advice being given to use AKIDA?

Conversely is it logical to expect the other 99 percent of Microchip’s customers will ignore or reject the advice to use AKIDA?

Time will answer both questions.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Nice news to wake up to this morn.

Hope we get a few more like this in the lead up.

Can't wait to see what some other outcomes and interest will be once CES finished.

Do I win anything?...a coffee cup, keyring, some free shares maybe :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 53332

If felt like reading article.

The other thing of note in the article is the discussion on transformers.

Begs the question about BRN having mentioned clients requesting certain enhancements to Akida like ViT and whether someone like Microchips could've asked?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks FF for your quick reply and your understanding on the current status of BRN patents etc.

I do have to pick you up on something that you said I quoted linked to your comment “Accordingly your statement that the patents have been filed for more than two years is premature”

I did not state that and if you extracting it from my 2nd paragraph well that came directly from a US patent website that I used for reference purposes only.

Also it was my understanding from much whinging on TSE and noted at AGM’s in the past couple of years on that any BRN patents that are approved should be announced on ASX regardless if considered to be price sensitive or not by whom it may concern. My understanding is BRN management would announce. I recall the latest 4c quoted 30 approx patents pending so if you are saying a number of patents have been filed and approved in the past couple of years and more and more keep getting added then it would be good to know by BRN management as general news to retail shareholders as it shows progress and provides confidence as well.

All good. Thanks again for the information provided and I will go and have a look at the references you have provided.

Thanks
The pope
In most countries, patent applications are not usually published until 18 months after the initial filing date (priority date). Of course, the US has its own rules nd applications can be published earlier. However, this means that we cannot know how many pending unpublished patent applications ae n the pipeline.

Where a patent for a particular invention is filed in more than one country, the various patent applications are referred to as a patent family.

It is necessary to distinguish between the number of inventions and the number of patent applications. because a patent family can include more than two ptent applications for the dame invention, the number of inventions is less than the number of applications.

All that being said, the company has said that there is a patent application in the works for TeNNs. The TeNNs white paper was dated 9 June 2023, so the application would have been filed before that date.

Under Australian patent law, the novelty requirement means that the claimed invention must not have been publicly disclosed before the priority date, and the non-obviousness test is referred to as an inventive step, which is explained as not being obvious to a person skilled in the technology. While the novelty test is fairly straight forward, there are truck-loads of case law attempting to clarify the obviousness yardstick.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Wacky-Doodle-Do! Hehehe! 🥳🥳🥳

"Microchip is committed to maintaining the lowest power MPU portfolio in the market."

and....

said Rob Telson, Vice President of Ecosystem and Partnerships at BrainChip.
By combining our innovative neuromorphic processor and models with Microchip’s high-performance MPUs and boards, you can deliver compelling solutions to the market to serve the rapidly growing demand for TinyML at the Edge.”

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 11.15.51 am.png

I'm just going to resuscitate this post #55,906 from May in light of this mornings revelations as I believe this seriously opens the opportunity for our inclusion in the MPU subsystem for Microchip's PolarFire SoC where the industry's lowest power is a must!

If this proves to be true and correct then we may have a shot at being included in the HPSC won't just be for space missions but will be use in a variety of applications on Earth "such as defense, commercial aviation, industrial robotics, and medical equipment – as well as being a good candidate for use in government and commercial spacecraft".

"The project will result in the development of the HPSC chip, boards, a software stack, and reference designs with initial availability in 2024 and space-qualified hardware available in 2025".

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 11.23.44 am.png

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 11.09.13 am.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 72 users

The Pope

Regular
In most countries, patent applications are not usually published until 18 months after the initial filing date (priority date). Of course, the US has its own rules nd applications can be published earlier. However, this means that we cannot know how many pending unpublished patent applications ae n the pipeline.

Where a patent for a particular invention is filed in more than one country, the various patent applications are referred to as a patent family.

It is necessary to distinguish between the number of inventions and the number of patent applications. because a patent family can include more than two ptent applications for the dame invention, the number of inventions is less than the number of applications.

All that being said, the company has said that there is a patent application in the works for TeNNs. The TeNNs white paper was dated 9 June 2023, so the application would have been filed before that date.

Under Australian patent law, the novelty requirement means that the claimed invention must not have been publicly disclosed before the priority date, and the non-obviousness test is referred to as an inventive step, which is explained as not being obvious to a person skilled in the technology. While the novelty test is fairly straight forward, there are truck-loads of case law attempting to clarify the obviousness yardstick.
Thanks Dio for your thoughts and understanding. Much appreciated.

Cheers
The Pope

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

stockduck

Regular

Ultraleap, Prophesee to demo AR event-based vision system at CES​

26 August 2020Ultraleap and Qualcomm have signed a multi-year co-operation agreement that will see the optimisation of the next generation of hand tracking capabilities on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ XR2 5G platform.

Could it be ultraleap is a customer from prophesee because of their partnership with brainchip? And that is because of "a multi-year co-operation agreement" with Qualcomm?

I have no clue and it is pure spekulation.....just asking....:unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

The Pope

Regular
Hi The Pope
I have a huge amount of stored, I think repressed is the correct term, anger over the way the company communicates.

So much of the Brainchip knowledge requires a college degree and a team of researchers to uncover from the public domain and I am not a fan of the use of diverse social media platforms to communicate with shareholders.

In my life I have seen how most day to day problems arise through lack of information because most people do not know how to find it or even know to look in the first place.

The way Brainchip chooses to communicate compounds the issue. For instance if they are doing podcasts they should provide transcripts. I have raised this a thousand times.

My anger however is not negativity because while I disagree with their approach and believe it is wrong I understand it and it does not make me anxious or fearful but it does mean I spend far more time than I do on my other investments which take what I consider to be the correct approach to ASX announcements.

Another holder who is in the USA and I were chatting and he does not relate at all to my anger over ASX announcements because for him it is what he is used to in the States.

We are an ASX listed company run by Americans and what was clear at the Meet & Greet was our US CEO just does not get the importance we Aussies place on the ASX and was there trying to understand.

I suppose it’s like an Aussie trying to understand why an American needs so much food put on their plate while lamenting the obesity problem and what to do about it.

It is a cultural gap that my repressed anger needs to accept.

Anyway all good we are on the same page now.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Thanks FactFinder. Much appreciated on your comments and I agree with your thoughts. We are 100% on the same page.

Thanks
The Pope

Reactions: 13 users

toasty

Regular
Do we think its strange that after announcing an upcoming demo of AKIDA with a major new partner at the biggest electronics show in the world that the SP just bobbles around these lows? Doesn't anyone (i.e. the mythical market) believe that this is a major step forward and a further validation of BRN as a player in this market?

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 30 users

davidfitz

Regular
Nice to see our involvement with Microchip, they seem like an ok company 😏

Microchip expects net sales to be $1.803-$1.916 billion for the third quarter of fiscal 2024.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users
Do we think its strange that after announcing an upcoming demo of AKIDA with a major new partner at the biggest electronics show in the world that the SP just bobbles around these lows? Doesn't anyone (i.e. the mythical market) believe that this is a major step forward and a further validation of BRN as a player in this market?
Hi Toasty
I believe it is.

I also believe that the Australian investment public does not receive personal emails from Brainchip, does not go every day if at all to their LinkedIn page, do not go to Facebook Brainchip or to Brainchip X.

So at this point we almost have insider knowledge compared with the rest of the investment public here in Australia.

Now if it were a non price sensitive announcement on the ASX then we could judge those who are not insiders like us.

Once MF publishes an article about how this news did not have any impact then it will slowly filter out to those who might value this information from beyond our ranks.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

toasty

Regular
Hi Toasty
I believe it is.

I also believe that the Australian investment public does not receive personal emails from Brainchip, does not go every day if at all to their LinkedIn page, do not go to Facebook Brainchip or to Brainchip X.

So at this point we almost have insider knowledge compared with the rest of the investment public here in Australia.

Now if it were a non price sensitive announcement on the ASX then we could judge those who are not insiders like us.

Once MF publishes an article about how this news did not have any impact then it will slowly filter out to those who might value this information from beyond our ranks.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Yes, the same old BRN problem of not communicating effectively with the investment community in the jurisdiction in which they are listed......... :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Worker122

Regular
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom