BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

stockduck

Regular
Wish all of us a healthy and prosper new year!

Could this be related to brainchip IP?

"World's only AI accelerator that combines low power, high performance, high efficiency, and cost-effectiveness hits new milestone of deployment to over 40 global companies"

...or will that belong to our competitors?

What is the DEEPX NPU engine?????

• Sad
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

7für7

Regular
When we do multi year sale tenders there is an audit involved and our customer examines our financial health to see if we are in a good financial position to provide the services and products we say.

It protects them from us going broke and them losing our service and be out money or products. So its kinda a standard practice.
Got it… checking the financial health in multi-year sales tenders is indeed a common practice, but not necessarily mandatory. Some companies might opt for alternative methods to assess the reliability of their suppliers without conducting a comprehensive financial review. It depends on industry standards and individual agreements between companies. It cannot be generalized, especially when dealing with a startup where companies may make short-term decisions to enter into contracts

Reactions: 6 users

"World's only AI accelerator that combines low power, high performance, high efficiency, and cost-effectiveness hits new milestone of deployment to over 40 global companies"

It's an "A.I." accelerator, not neuromorphic, nothing to do with us at all, by the looks of it.

But definitely competition, in spaces that Schnitzel lover doesn't seem to think the Market "needs" yet.

The future Edge A.I. market, is now being estimated at close to half a trillion dollars.

The Big Question is, how much of the addressable market can BrainChip and AKIDA secure.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

stockduck

Regular
It's an "A.I." accelerator, not neuromorphic, nothing to do with us at all, by the looks of it.

But definitely competition, in spaces that Schnitzel lover doesn't seem to think the Market "needs" yet.

The future Edge A.I. market, is now being estimated at close to half a trillion dollars.

The Big Question is, how much of the addressable market c

an BrainChip and AKIDA secure.
Thank you DingoBorat for your reply.....

maybe this is more related to brainchip....?

MemryX is mentioned here and in the end of the article brainchip....

and on the CES 2024:

"Live demonstrations include:

• Multi-stream AI-enabled video management system (VMS) solution customizable to a broad range of real-world intelligent monitoring, surveillance, safety and analytical applications.
  • AI Powered PC (AIPC) establishing the value of using a MemryX discrete accelerated AI processor in a Windows based PC, alongside a traditional CPU and GPU.
  • Edge AI for accelerating Threat and Weapons Detection in Public Spaces in partnership with Cachengo's Intelligent Edge platforms.
  • Real-time AI-enhanced avatar-based video which can be quickly integrated into a number of video conferencing applications such as remote collaboration, online education, and self-help applications.
  • Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Detection in partnership with Edge Impulse's IDE showcasing the entire flow of developing algorithms, optimizing AI models, and facilitating workflow and deployment.
  • AI-enhanced aerial informatics and robotics simulation (AirSim) demonstrating the performance improvement opportunities available by using AI acceleration hardware for this open-source simulation platform.
  • Generational Language Model showcasing a very small (<100M parameters) Gen AI language model running very efficiently using MemryX at-memory computing.
  • Smart city traffic management powered by advanced AI processing, making Edge Computing truly intelligent in partnership with Fracctal."

...but Memryx also partnered with nota.ai

...and there is no hint for me that it could be related to brainchip IP.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Deepx NPU:
US2022207337A1 METHOD FOR ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK AND NEURAL PROCESSING UNIT 20201231

1704292204301.png

1704292227078.png

A method performs a plurality of operations on an artificial neural network (ANN). The plurality of operations includes storing in at least one memory a set of weights, at least a portion of a first batch channel of a plurality of batch channels, and at least a portion of a second batch channel of the plurality of batch channels; and calculating the at least a portion of the first batch channel and the at least a portion of the second batch channel by the set of weights. A batch mode, configured to process a plurality of input channels, can determine the operation sequence in which the on-chip memory and/or internal memory stores and computes the parameters of the ANN. Even if the number of input channels increases, processing may be performed with one neural processing unit including a memory configured in consideration of a plurality of input channels.

MACs are not Akida 1000.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
Thank you DingoBorat for your reply.....

maybe this is more related to brainchip....?

MemryX is mentioned here and in the end of the article brainchip....

and on the CES 2024:

"Live demonstrations include:

• Multi-stream AI-enabled video management system (VMS) solution customizable to a broad range of real-world intelligent monitoring, surveillance, safety and analytical applications.
  • AI Powered PC (AIPC) establishing the value of using a MemryX discrete accelerated AI processor in a Windows based PC, alongside a traditional CPU and GPU.
  • Edge AI for accelerating Threat and Weapons Detection in Public Spaces in partnership with Cachengo's Intelligent Edge platforms.
  • Real-time AI-enhanced avatar-based video which can be quickly integrated into a number of video conferencing applications such as remote collaboration, online education, and self-help applications.
  • Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Detection in partnership with Edge Impulse's IDE showcasing the entire flow of developing algorithms, optimizing AI models, and facilitating workflow and deployment.
  • AI-enhanced aerial informatics and robotics simulation (AirSim) demonstrating the performance improvement opportunities available by using AI acceleration hardware for this open-source simulation platform.
  • Generational Language Model showcasing a very small (<100M parameters) Gen AI language model running very efficiently using MemryX at-memory computing.
  • Smart city traffic management powered by advanced AI processing, making Edge Computing truly intelligent in partnership with Fracctal."

...but Memryx also partnered with nota.ai

...and there is no hint for me that it could be related to brainchip IP.
Hey Stockduck, Diogenese is definitely the expert in this sort of area, but like you've figured yourself, this is just another accelerator.

Again more competition, a donkey in a horse race, in my opinion, but they will also likely get a share of the pie.

Edge A.I. being such a huge future space, is going to be heavily contested.

What we are experiencing, is basically a Cambrian Explosion in A.I. solutions.

Many will get out competed and be left by the wayside.

I don't believe, that this will be AKIDAs fate.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

stockduck

Regular
Hey Stockduck, Diogenese is definitely the expert in this sort of area, but like you've figured yourself, this is just another accelerator.

Again more competition, a donkey in a horse race, in my opinion, but they will also likely get a share of the pie.

Edge A.I. being such a huge future space, is going to be heavily contested.

What we are experiencing, is basically a Cambrian Explosion in A.I. solutions.

Many will get out competed and be left by the wayside.

I don't believe, that this will be AKIDAs fate.
Yes, it's a rapid and crazy development with artificial intelligence and as a shareholder it's difficult to follow the connections exactly.

Here is another one to regard in the future:

My personal only hope for a good development of the company is the recent personnel decisions regarding the global head of sales and the new technical director. I haven't been able to find out anything else really positive about the asx announcements at the moment.

So I have to be patient.....

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
Yes, it's a rapid and crazy development with artificial intelligence and as a shareholder it's difficult to follow the connections exactly.

Here is another one to regard in the future:

My personal only hope for a good development of the company is the recent personnel decisions regarding the global head of sales and the new technical director. I haven't been able to find out anything else really positive about the asx announcements at the moment.

So I have to be patient.....
That looks more like competition for the likes of ARM and SiFive, but another potential future partner for us.

You're forgetting the recent new US patent granting, which protects the learning aspects of AKIDA (a huge differentiator) for the next 20 years 😉

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

7für7

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

Krustor

Regular
From the German forum .. not sure if it was posted already here… sorry in advance

Servus 7, bitte höre auf dich für nützliche Links zu entschuldigen.

Danke für das Teilen.

@wilzy123 : I already mentioned it yesterday: Maybe you should start to think before you post. Your constant blaming of people you don't know is more than annoying. 7 is even holding longer than I do and is a valued member in the German BRN-community.

To cut it short and sadly as it is: Calling you "Bin boy" seems to have a reason... I read every post here daily, but didnt suspect of adressing this here...

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

CHIPS

Regular

BrainChip to Unveil Akida Neuromorphic Processor Enabled by Microchip’s 32-bit MPU at CES 2024​

Integrated solution demonstrates always-on machine learning tasks​

including keyword spotting and visual wake words​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – January 3, 2024 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, will demonstrate how BrainChip’s Akida™ neuromorphic processor enables low-power, high-performance learning applications on Microchip’s embedded microprocessor (MPU) boards at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2024 in Las Vegas.

BrainChip is gearing up to spotlight the revolutionary capabilities of Akida in conjunction with Microchip’s SAMv71 Ultra Board and SAMA7G54-EK Board in a specialized demonstration. This unique showcase will shed light on two widely used always-on machine learning tasks: keyword spotting (KWS) and visual wake words (VWW). KWS, leveraging sophisticated neural networks, excels at recognizing keywords like “Hey, Siri” or “OK, Google.” Meanwhile, VWW is adept at classifying the presence of individuals in images, making it valuable for applications, such as in- home security and smart doorbells. With a focus on ultra-low latency, minimal power consumption and unparalleled accuracy, this demonstration aims to explore the forefront of innovation and showcase the incredible potential of Akida.

“We look forward to demonstrating the potential and ease of integrating Akida for always-on machine learning applications on embedded devices at CES,” said Rob Telson, Vice President of Ecosystem and Partnerships at BrainChip. “By combining our innovative neuromorphic processor and models with Microchip’s high-performance MPUs and boards, you can deliver compelling solutions to the market to serve the rapidly growing demand for TinyML at the Edge.”

“In this collaborative showcase with BrainChip, we will illustrate how our customers can leverage the advantages of next-generation AI to enable low-power, high-performance machine learning applications on our embedded platforms,” said Rod Drake, corporate vice president of Microchip’s MPU32 and MCU32 business units. “This is truly a not-to-miss demonstration at CES 2024.”

The demonstration will be held at the BrainChip booth 29-330 at the Venetian Hotel at CES 2024 January 9 to 12, 2024 in Las Vegas.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users

CHIPS

Regular
From Twitter.com

1704306093396.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

stockduck

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

charles2

Regular
Microchip is an $85B (USD) company.

Public since 1993

Stock price has gone up 170x since. Being patient has had its rewards.

(All info calculated/inferred from Yahoo Finance)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Kachoo

Regular
Got it… checking the financial health in multi-year sales tenders is indeed a common practice, but not necessarily mandatory. Some companies might opt for alternative methods to assess the reliability of their suppliers without conducting a comprehensive financial review. It depends on industry standards and individual agreements between companies. It cannot be generalized, especially when dealing with a startup where companies may make short-term decisions to enter into contracts
Yes not mandatory agreeded but big long term contracts require this if they have a customer that needs this security. Possibly even a Vendor for a Tape Out. Look in the end this is a 2.2% dilusion its hard to read in to it on what revenue we will have but even if they had 30 million just saying not suggesting it would leave about 7 million after 1 year. If they raised 13 million then they will have an extra 19 million. But if revenue starts showing up our SP will be north of the minimum and they may just raise 24 million or 36 million. I'm not certain. There is still alot of unknowns. This adds over all health to the company and longterm value. Just like the Microchip partnership its a company that generates 8 billion plus revenue. Things are starting to accumulate.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

7für7

Regular
Yes not mandatory agreeded but big long term contracts require this if they have a customer that needs this security. Possibly even a Vendor for a Tape Out. Look in the end this is a 2.2% dilusion its hard to read in to it on what revenue we will have but even if they had 30 million just saying not suggesting it would leave about 7 million after 1 year. If they raised 13 million then they will have an extra 19 million. But if revenue starts showing up our SP will be north of the minimum and they may just raise 24 million or 36 million. I'm not certain. There is still alot of unknowns. This adds over all health to the company and longterm value. Just like the Microchip partnership its a company that generates 8 billion plus revenue. Things are starting to accumulate.
On the end, we just have to wait. There's nothing more to be done. Speculating and throwing around imaginary numbers doesn't make sense. All we can do is observe how BrainChip develops further and continue to trust that they're doing their best to generate significant revenues for a secure future for the company and shareholders.

In my experience with startups, achieving this often involves milestone contracts and short-term agreements to ensure that the customer doesn't face any unpleasant surprises. For instance, following the approach of "if everything is going well by then, we'll enter into a long-term contract." There are various contract clauses to safeguard both parties and guarantee a long-term collaboration. I don't know how these agreements look, and I don't want to speculate! Best of luck to everyone moving forward.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

TECH

Regular
As the New Year starts to dawn, many posters would have noticed the daily articles, marketing that the company has now embarked on,
obviously all connected to CES 2024 out of Vegas next week.

This is 100% shaping up to be our best ever showing, "AKD II is what the company is going to be based on moving forward" I'd suggest
the first real major stepping stone to increasing revenues and engagements as has already been stated by the CEO.

"70% + of all interaction is based around Generation 2 Akida." "2024 is shaping up to be a critical year in the company's commercial journey"

I'd also suggest strapping yourselves in for a roller-coaster year...AKD I preparing for liftoff very shortly into space. 🚀🛰️

Texta 🤣

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

January 4, 2024 4:00 AM​

BrainChip to Unveil Akida Neuromorphic Processor Enabled by Microchip's 32-bit MPU at CES 2024
Integrated solution demonstrates always-on machine learning tasks including keyword spotting and visual wake words
BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, will demonstrate how BrainChip’s Akida™ neuromorphic processor enables low-power, high-performance learning applications on Microchip’s embedded microprocessor (MPU) boards at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2024 in Las Vegas.
BrainChip is gearing up to spotlight the revolutionary capabilities of Akida in conjunction with Microchip’s SAMv71 Ultra Board and SAMA7G54-EK Board in a specialized demonstration. This unique showcase will shed light on two widely used always-on machine learning tasks: keyword spotting (KWS) and visual wake words (VWW). KWS, leveraging sophisticated neural networks, excels at recognizing keywords like “Hey, Siri” or “OK, Google.” Meanwhile, VWW is adept at classifying the presence of individuals in images, making it valuable for applications, such as in-home security and smart doorbells. With a focus on ultra-low latency, minimal power consumption and unparalleled accuracy, this demonstration aims to explore the forefront of innovation and showcase the incredible potential of Akida.
“We look forward to demonstrating the potential and ease of integrating Akida for always-on machine learning applications on embedded devices at CES,” said Rob Telson, Vice President of Ecosystem and Partnerships at BrainChip. “By combining our innovative neuromorphic processor and models with Microchip’s high-performance MPUs and boards, you can deliver compelling solutions to the market to serve the rapidly growing demand for TinyML at the Edge.”
“In this collaborative showcase with BrainChip, we will illustrate how our customers can leverage the advantages of next-generation AI to enable low-power, high-performance machine learning applications on our embedded platforms,” said Rod Drake, corporate vice president of Microchip’s MPU32 and MCU32 business units. “This is truly a not-to-miss demonstration at CES 2024.”
The demonstration will be held at the BrainChip booth 29-330 at the Venetian Hotel at CES 2024 January 9 to 12, 2024 in Las Vegas.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users
Top Bottom