BRN Discussion Ongoing

gilti

Regular
Question
The after close auction timing varies from a few seconds after 4.10 to 40-50 seconds.
What sets the cut off time. It appears that it fluctuates until the price has been dropped then stops.
Surely there must be a fixed limit.

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Question
The after close auction timing varies from a few seconds after 4.10 to 40-50 seconds.
What sets the cut off time. It appears that it fluctuates until the price has been dropped then stops.
Maybe the cut-off is for orders in the queue by 4:10 - anything after that misses the bus?

After all, us bots do have homes to go to.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

FJ-215

Regular
If anyone is wondering where the shorts have gone it might be worth having a look in the Lithium space.

PLS currently have 22% of the float shorted!!!

1702448788490.png

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Iseki

Regular
Hi JD,

It is true that the configuration of Akida is field programmable as it has a programmable communication matrix interconnecting the nodes, but in my mind Akida is not FPGA-based. The initial proof-of-concept circuit was built in FPGA (Xylink, or was that BrainChip Accelerator?), but the commercial Akida 1 chip would be better described as an ASIC.

FPGA is field programmable gate array, a prefabricated chip with lots of different logic gates which the user can selectively interconnect to make a number of different circuits with for different purposes*. As a result there are many redundant logic gates and the layout is far from optimal. In the case of Akida, it would have been for fewer nodes than Akida 1, and it's performance would be inferior to an ASIC version of Akida. FPGAs are commonly used as test chips.

ASIC (application specific integrated circuit) is a purpose-built chip with only the necessary gates and in which the layout would be optimized by the circuit designer.

From the article you cited:

When we last spoke with BrainChip in 2018, the company was on the verge of rolling out its FPGA-based spiking neural network (SNN) accelerator, known as Akida (Greek for spike). At that point, the plan was to get its hardened SoC into the market by 2019.

The reference to "FPGA-based" was to the proof-of-concept chip. The "hardened SoC" is the ASIC. The use of the adjective "hardened" can be thought of as implying the FPGA design is malleable.

The presence of Zurich Uni as a partner would be put on the scales on the side of analog MemRistor SNNs, but this is not conclusive.

* On reflection, I had to put in the bit about different purposes to better distinguish Akida from my definition of a FPGA. Akida is a single purpose SNN with field programmable nodes and NPUs.
Thanks as always for your brilliance.

Regards,

Depressed of Batemans Bay.

PS Do you have a take on why the satellite fix-it co chose akida 1000? I can see that it could have been taught a lot of different moves with the robotic arm - rules like " If you see this then do this..." Have you any intel on what the robotic arm can in fact do?

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Iseki

Regular
Afternoon Chippers ,

Having a cleanout of paperwork in the office & came upon this random note from 14 Feb 2021.

Dare say one of our super slouthes would be all over this .

Regards,
Esq.
I believe Washington Foundries did the man-made-stone "granite" tops to the reception counter at our new premises at Laguna Hills

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
VVDN - Looking very polished

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
The robot operates in autonomous moving or manual remote control mode, with a battery life of at least 4 hours, and it offers real-time processing with side-by-side inspection and reporting.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Thanks as always for your brilliance.

Regards,

Depressed of Batemans Bay.

PS Do you have a take on why the satellite fix-it co chose akida 1000? I can see that it could have been taught a lot of different moves with the robotic arm - rules like " If you see this then do this..." Have you any intel on what the robotic arm can in fact do?

• Haha
  • Love
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Question

On a regular trading day, CSPA ends somewhere between 4:10-4:12PM AEST.

Specifically, it's 4:10pm + a time programmatically chosen at 'random' (in seconds - i think the range is between -60 and 60) + 60 seconds.

So, lets pretend today's random number was 17 seconds. CSPA would settle at 4:11:17 (i.e. 4:10 + 17 seconds + 60 seconds).

During this time, any outstanding orders to buy or sell securities are matched at a single price to determine the final trades for the day. This single price is based on the weighted average of the last trade prices for the securities during this two-minute auction period. The aim is to "ensure an orderly and fair closing of the market" - lol.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21 users

gilti

Regular

Specifically, it's 4:10pm + a time programmatically chosen at 'random' (in seconds - i think the range is between -60 and 60) + 60 seconds.

So, lets pretend today's random number was 17 seconds. CSPA would settle at 4:11:17 (i.e. 4:10 + 17 seconds + 60 seconds).

During this time, any outstanding orders to buy or sell securities are matched at a single price to determine the final trades for the day. This single price is based on the weighted average of the last trade prices for the securities during this two-minute auction period. The aim is to "ensure an orderly and fair closing of the market" - lol.
Thanks for the information. i had not been able to find it anywhere. So it is just a fantastic coincidence that 3 days last week the final trade for the day was a 1 share transaction which just also strangely tipped the balance down by half a cent?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Thanks for the information. i had not been able to find it anywhere. So it is just a fantastic coincidence that 3 days last week the final trade for the day was a 1 share transaction which just also strangely tipped the balance down by half a cent?
Note that the available documentation and resources about the CSPA on the ASX website do not explicitly detail such a specific mechanism involving the selection of a random number within this range for determining the exact end time of the CSPA, so the +/- 60 seconds aspect is just my guess at what happens. All the ASX say is that CSPA occurs between 4:10pm - 4:12pm, and that the exact time is "*Random + 60 secs" (see: https://www.asx.com.au/markets/market-resources/trading-hours-calendar/cash-market-trading-hours).

The half cent down-tick is likely the result of programmatic trading doing its thing to achieve its desired outcome in the dying second(s). I can't comment on whether that's coincidence or not :)

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
... and you think us bots could work that?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Thanks BURNING BIN BOY

• Sad
  • Haha
It says the supercomputer will be capable of 228 trillion operations per second and know that AKIDA-P can go to 131 trillion operations per second.

I wonder if they've been using AKIDA 3.00 a spiced up version to achieve additional TOPS?

We know Western Sydney Uni partners with Intel but Intel's Loihi isn't commercially available so can be them. Trying to find out how many TOPS Loihi can do.

View attachment 51935
Yes but we were a partner at WSU but a few of us on another place that shall not be named highlighted the partnership and next minute it disappeared off the site. BRN truly do read forums. I know dot joining and wishful thinking but did happen. Spooky.

SC

• Fire
  • Wow

Serengeti

Regular
Evening all,

No direct link to BRN nonetheless an interesting article for those that are interested.

Enjoy…

‘Then, looking farther into the future, networks will start to integrate connectivity with real-time computing and storage at the edge of the network. This integration is known as the Network Compute Fabric. The network will act not only as a connector but also as a controller of physical systems, ranging from simple to complex applications. In the case of road vehicles, however, control will need to stay within the vehicle for the foreseeable future.’

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

The Pope

Regular
"Leveraging commercially available hardware ensures continual improvements of the hardware."

"Using commercial off-the-shelf configurable hardware means that the protype would be easy to replicate at data centres around the world".

Ummmm.. Aren't we the only ones with a commercially available neurmorphic processor????.

International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems newsroom

The world’s first supercomputer capable of brain-scale simulation being built in Western Sydney​

Announcement posted by International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems 13 Dec 2023
TWEET
RECOMMEND
EMAIL

The world's first supercomputer capable of simulating networks at the scale of the human brain has been announced by researchers at the International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems (ICNS) at Western Sydney University.

DeepSouth uses a neuromorphic system which mimics biological processes, utilising hardware to efficiently emulate large networks of spiking neurons at 228 trillion synaptic operations per second - rivalling the estimated rate of operations in the human brain.

ICNS Director Professor Andre van Schaik says DeepSouth stands apart from other supercomputers as it is purpose-built to operate like networks of neurons, requiring less power and enabling greater efficiencies. This contrasts with supercomputers optimised for more traditional computing loads, which are power hungry.
o.jpg

"Progress in our understanding of how brains compute using neurons is hampered by our inability to simulate brain like networks at scale. Simulating spiking neural networks on standard computers using Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and multicore Central Processing Units (CPUs) is just too slow and power intensive. Our system will change that," Professor van Schaik said.

"This platform will progress our understanding of the brain and develop brain-scale computing applications in diverse fields including sensing, biomedical, robotics, space, and large-scale AI applications."

Professor van Schaik explained that practically this will lead to advances in smart devices, such as mobile phones, sensors for manufacturing and agriculture, and less power-hungry and smarter AI applications. It will also enable a better understanding of how a healthy or diseased human brain works.

Western Sydney University's ICNS team collaborated with partners across the neuromorphic field in developing this ground-breaking project, with researchers from the University of Sydney, University of Melbourne, and University of Aachen, Germany.

The supercomputer is aptly named DeepSouth, paying homage to IBM's TrueNorth system, which initiated efforts to build machines simulating large networks of spiking neurons, and Deep Blue, which was the first computer to become a world chess champion. The name is also a nod to its geographical location.

DeepSouth will be based at Western Sydney University and is a key contributor to the growth of the region as a high-tech hub.

DeepSouth aims to be operational by April next year.

Key Benefits of DeepSouth:

Super-fast, large scale parallel processing using far less power: Our brains are able to process the equivalent of an exaflop — a billion-billion (1 followed by 18 zeros) mathematical operations per second — with just 20 watts of power. Using neuromorphic engineering that simulates the way our brain works, DeepSouth can process massive amounts of data quickly, using much less power, while being much smaller than other supercomputers.

Scalability: The system is also scalable, allowing for the addition of more hardware to create a larger system or scaling down for smaller portable or more cost-effective applications.

Reconfigurable: Leveraging Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA) facilitates hardware reprogramming, enabling the addition of new neuron models, connectivity schemes, and learning rules—overcoming limitations seen in other neuromorphic computing systems with custom-designed hardware. DeepSouth will be remotely accessible with a front end that allows description of the neural models and design of the neural networks in the popular programming language Python. The development of this front-end enables researchers to use the platform without needing detailed knowledge of the hardware configuration.

Commercial Availability: Leveraging commercially available hardware ensures continual improvements of the hardware, independent of the team designing the supercomputer, overcoming limitations seen in other neuromorphic computing systems with custom designed hardware. Custom chips take a large amount of time to design and manufacture and cost tens of millions of dollars each. Using commercial off-the-shelf configurable hardware means that the protype would be easy to replicate at data centres around the world.

Artificial Intelligence: By mimicking the brain, we will be able to create more efficient ways of undertaking AI processes than our current models.

Hi bravo,

I thought we were in no way linked to WSU as a couple of tse members noted otherwise who will not be mentioned. lol
Silly me posting that previous stuff linked to PVDM and WSU lectures a few times in the past year or so. Like I said before if I said certain stuff with BRN linked to WSU on this forum I may get into trouble.
Onwards and upwards for BRN.

Cheers
The pope

• Haha
  • Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20

View attachment 51911

Screenshot_20231213_200229_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

The Pope

Regular
What can we expect from Brainchip and the Akida product in 2024?
"two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom