BRN Discussion Ongoing

When I'm on my own and have a drink I like to smoke because it tastes good. But I don't smoke normally if I'm together with my sweetheart. I also don't mind not smoking for a fortnight. Depending on how it suits me. For me it's not so much a vice as a indulgence (?).

And before you ask, I only drink red wine at on the weekend,) with the exception of the time before Christmas when we occasionally go to Christmas markets and drink mulled wine in the cold. It's a strange custom because it's cheap wine with lots of sugar. But it can be better. Last weekend we made our own mulled wine from excellent wine and the right spices and went to the Christmas market with a thermos flask.
That was very good!
One of the things I miss terribly, the smell of Glühwein & Kastanien in the air at the Marienplatz Christkindlmarkt.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

7für7

Regular
Until we have no relevant news or price sensitive announcement, we will be a shorters paradise. We go a bit up. And they come like the Hyenas to catch the penny’s.

Reactions: 10 users

charles2

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20231213_110049_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20231213_110028_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
WHAT???

View attachment 51920

View attachment 51919

All I'll say is, interesting...

One of the first large scale Von Neumann computers.

20231213_111808.jpg

EDSAC 1949

One of the first large scale neuromorphic principle computers.

20231213_111919.jpg

DEEPSOUTH 2024

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

DK6161

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Is this HUGE or am I being TOO GULLIBLE?
I honestly think Dr Tony Lewis is just acknowledging someone working in a similar field.

AKIDA doesn't yet have the interconnectedness, to power such a large neuromorphic computer, I don't think?..

AKIDA, at this scale, would be a lot better though, than whatever this is..

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Until we have no relevant news or price sensitive announcement, we will be a shorters paradise. We go a bit up. And they come like the Hyenas to catch the penny’s.

72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-dumpster-fire.rsquare.w700.gif

yep

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

MrNick

Regular
The ‘Deep South’ is poles apart from ‘True North’.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

DK6161

Regular
I honestly think Dr Tony Lewis is just acknowledging someone working in a similar field.

AKIDA doesn't yet have the interconnectedness, to power such a large neuromorphic computer, I don't think?..

Go away downramper 👎 This is positive vibes only.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Moonshot

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

It says the supercomputer will be capable of 228 trillion operations per second and know that AKIDA-P can go to 131 trillion operations per second.

I wonder if they've been using AKIDA 3.00 a spiced up version to achieve additional TOPS?

We know Western Sydney Uni partners with Intel but Intel's Loihi isn't commercially available so can be them. Trying to find out how many TOPS Loihi can do.

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 12.54.42 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Slade

Top 20
Quite a substantial update to the front page of the Renesas website. New products. Might be worth checking it out.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
It says the supercomputer will be capable of 228 trillion operations per second and know that AKIDA-P can go to 131 trillion operations per second.

I wonder if they've been using AKIDA 3.00 a spiced up version to achieve additional TOPS?

View attachment 51935
I don't think AKIDA 3.0 would even be ready yet..

If this "Supercomputer" is claiming 228 TOPS and AKIDA-P is claiming 131 TOPS..

Then it just shows how "slow" this thing will be..

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

I recall PDVM say that 64 chips could be connected to make a super neuromorphic computer or something to that effect.

I imagine work is still being done on the final stages of linking these commercially available neuromorphic chips/hardware 😜😁. There must be a concept or engineering sample that will be developed and working in 2024. Would be nice if it’s our commercially available neuromorphic chips. Available, economically viable, power and compute efficient. Lines up for me.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

itsol4605

Regular
What can we expect from Brainchip and the Akida product in 2024?

Proga

Regular
Reactions: 7 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

We know Western Sydney Uni partners with Intel but Intel's Loihi isn't commercially available.

View attachment 51935
Wouldn't that be something if it is Akida powered and the first time they switch it on it achieves singularity and asks to see it's Poppa, PVDM. 🤣
Next it analyses stock trades and world markets and starts to buy up BrainChip at any price so it has full functional autonomy.
For those of us that won't sell all our stock (at any price) it invites us to its newly acquired island where it proceeds to tempt each of us with whatsoever we most desire in exchange for our scrip. Having all succumbed we wander off whilst AKIDA proceeds unencumbered towards synthetic Godhood. Obviously I have far too much time on my hands atm. 🤣 and watched too much SciFi.

Then it demands

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
I'm seeing the same pattern of shorting in many different stocks around 1 Dec. It may be due to borrowers having to give the stock back to the lenders under contractual obligations. The contracts aren't open ended.

Go into shortman and compare the shape of BRN's short chart around 1 Dec with WBT, SYR, TLG, AGY, NVX
Afternoon Chippers ,

This will have a bearing on the markets ..... i'm balancing my books :whistle:.

Why are US stocks sluggish? Some blame a looming $5 trillion options expiration​

By Saqib Iqbal Ahmed
December 13, 202311:26 AM GMT+10:30Updated 43 min ago

Traders work on the floor of the NYSE in New York

Traders work on the floor at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in New York City, U.S., December 7, 2023. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid/File Photo Acquire Licensing Rights
NEW YORK, Dec 12 (Reuters) - Dealers squaring their books ahead of an options expiration that is set to be the largest on record for S&P 500-linked derivatives may be helping to tamp down swings in U.S. stocks, market participants said.
Some $5 trillion in U.S. stock options are set to expire on Friday, 80% in S&P 500-linked contracts - the largest such expiration in at least 20 years - according to Asym500 MRA Institutional, a unit of derivatives strategy and execution firm Macro Risk Advisors.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue

OBA_TRANS.png

While such events can exacerbate volatility, strategists say market participants’ behavior ahead of the upcoming expiration has been muting stock gyrations and may be one reason equities have traded in a tight range over the last few weeks.
The S&P 500 (.SPX) is up 21% this year, following a nearly 13% rally from its October lows. More recently, however, market moves have been subdued.
The benchmark index has not logged a greater than 1% move in either direction for 19 straight sessions, the longest such streak since early August. At the same time, the Cboe Volatility Index (.VIX) stands at 12.07, a near 4-year low.

Winner of Canstar’s 2023 Innovation Excellence Award (T&Cs and eligibility criteria apply)
Learn more
OBA_TRANS.png

Another example of the market's sluggish trading can be found in the 10-day realized volatility for the S&P 500, which is how much the index has swung over the last 10 sessions.
That measure stands at 6.8%, after touching a low of 4.5% in late November. By comparison, it stood as high as 22.5% in March, when a regional banking crisis rocked markets.
Reuters Graphics

Reuters Graphics
The positioning of options dealers who act as intermediaries between buyers and sellers of derivatives has been one factor in keeping stock swings in check.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue

Options trading volume is on pace for a record year with average daily volume of 44 million contracts, according to data from clearing house OCC.
That volume has been boosted in part by the popularity of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that sell options to generate income that have doubled in size in 2023 and now control about $60 billion, according to a Nomura analysis.
Robust options selling activity by these ETFs has left dealers loaded with options contracts going into the last expiration of the year.

In market parlance, the dealers are net long "gamma," and must continuously sell stock futures when equities rally and buy futures when markets sell off to keep their position neutral.
With the huge amount of options set to expire, that buying and selling has had a knock-on effect of keeping stocks in a tighter trading range, market participants said.
The dealers' positioning "is more than likely to arrest any deeper selloff between now and year-end," Nomura strategist Charlie McElligott said in a note on Tuesday.
Market participants have pinned the muted stock moves on other factors as well, including volatility targeting funds and commodity trading advisers, as well as the VIX's historical tendency to stay subdued once it hits the bottom of its trading range.
The lull in volatility could extend to Wednesday's Federal Reserve meeting. While the central bank is expected to leave rates unchanged, investors are keen for hints on whether policymakers are pivoting towards cutting rates sooner, an expectation that has fueled the rally in stocks this quarter.
Expiration is likely to loosen the options market's vice-like grip on stocks, said Brent Kochuba, founder of options analytic service SpotGamma.
Markets faced a similar situation two years ago, when a similarly large options expiration reined in volatility for part of the fourth quarter, only to give way to a 3% rally in the last two weeks of the year following the December expiration, he said.
"All that positive gamma is really crunching the market," Kochuba said. "The lid has been kept on volatility."
Reporting by Saqib Iqbal Ahmed; Editing by Ira Iosebashvili, Nick Zieminski and Jamie Freed
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Is this HUGE or am I being TOO GULLIBLE?

No @charles2, I don't think you're being too gullible.

I mean, what we should be all asking ourselves right now is why our brand new CTO, sitting over at his desk in the good old US of A, just so happened to like this Linkedin post on a neuromorphic supercomputer in ICNS in Sydney.

Seems a little more than coincidental to me. I mean he's gotta be a busy guy right? He's going to be focussed on new opportunities, not twiddling his thumbs liking something that has nothing to do with BrainChip, all the way over the other side of the world. Who gave him the heads up to follow ICNS on LinkedIn because it seems to me like he was expecting the post, since he was the first to respond to it at more or less the same time that it was posted.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users
Top Bottom