BRN Discussion Ongoing

Yep that time again. CES every January. Big companies give teasers leading up to the event. Keeps us busy for a couple of months.

Good to hear from you FF. Hope all is well.

SC
Looks promising, always love what comes out of the CES.

View attachment 49685

Reactions: 8 users
Hi All
My last comment on this is a request.

Some months ago Pitt Street Research put out a video which I gather they do from time to time and in that video they discussed Brainchip and slammed Sean Hehir CEO for ignoring Australian investors. Pretty sure it was posted here. They criticised him for never coming to Australia and a whole host of other things related to communication failures.

If someone has access it might help some if it were linked here for them to watch.

I was so aggrieved by this video that I sent an email to Tony Dawe complaining about the fact that Pitt Street Research which had been one of the greatest supporters of Brainchip over many years had become so disaffected that it was publicly echoing the concerns of myself and retail shareholders around communication or absence thereof.

I received back a usual reply that they were aware etc etc;

Given that Sean Hehir had an interview scheduled with Pitt Street Research and they released a video it would seem that they were attempting to address the issues raised by Pitt Street Research and no doubt other analysts and professional investors.

So what might seem like randomly flying around Australia by some may well have been a deliberate and calculated attempt to do better on the communications front as published by Pitt Street Research.

But of course those who feel aggrieved that a company with limited funds did not hire auditoriums in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin and Perth and all the staff necessary to stage the events and issue personal invitations to 40,000 shareholders months in advance so they could mark their diaries and attend to hear already publicly available information will not be appeased by this attempt.

What if they offered subsidised transport from regional areas to provide complete fairness to every shareholder. Would that tip the balance?

But of course such events would then give the another agenda crew an opportunity to attack the company over the absurd waste of scarce capital on a public relations exercise where all that was discussed was publicly available information.

Hopefully I have provided the faux rage set with sufficient material now to as Whitlam said ‘maintain the (faux) rage’ in my further absence.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 80 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
View attachment 49759

Renesas moves to chiplets for X5 automotive family

Renesas moves to chiplets for X5 automotive family​

Technology News | November 8, 2023
By Nick Flaherty
AUTOMOTIVE

Renesas is adding new foundry partners as it moves to chiplet architectures for its fifth-generation R-Car X5 high performance automotive system on chip.​

The chiplet approach will allow automotive OEMs to mix and match in house AI accelerators with third party partner silicon, says said Vivek Bhan, Senior Vice President, Co-General Manager of High Performance Computing, Analog and Power Solutions Group at Renesas.

This follows the roadmap discussed back in August: Renesas moves away from uncancellable contracts as it moves to chiplets for gen 5 R-car.

The R-car chiplets will be entirely new, rather than repackaging the fourth generation devices such as the V4HG that is currently entering production, says Bahn and comes as Renesas is restructuring its senior management team, which will see Bahn take over at SVP and General Manager of High Performance Computing next year, responsible for the custom and application-specific high computing products.

“V4H is ramping up for production now and Gen 5 is a completely different architecture implementation so it is absolutely not taking an V4H approach, there is a significant upgrade in In the process technology and architecture for the X5 family with the x5x, x5M and x5L,” he said.

The chiplets will be built with ‘leading edge FinFET process technology’ he says, which puts the chips at around 5nm as 3nm and below uses gate all around (GAA) technology. “We will be a leading automotive supplier in the process technology,” he said

“We are looking at other fabs in addition to the traditional fab we use for geographical and political issues so some members of the Gen 5 family would be flexible to provide flexible capacity for our customers,” he said.

However Bahn would not comment on the choice of ARM cores, non-volatile memory and connectivity such as gigabit Ethernet for the chips, even though the tools and virtual models will be available from Q1 2024 with new products released from 2024 onward following this roadmap.

“With R-Car Gen5 we will offer chiplet options and we have internal capabilities we are developing for the 2027 timeframe and there is a follow up roadmap to expand Gen 5 further. We have the interfaces and we have the tools to model the thermal, noise, EMI and we are bringing in chiplets with Gen5 in a manner where the chiplet capabilities are enhanced as we go forwards.“

Automotive OEMs have a range of deals with AI accelerator chip designers, so the chiplet approach potentially allows Renesas to still deliver more integrated central controllers to those customers.

“We are offering an open and flexible architecture and the customer OEM can use our controllers that connect our in house accelerators very well through optimised interconnect and in addition there is flexibility to add third party AI accelerators for unique differentiation,” he said.

The company also has high level plans for two ARM-based automotive microcontroller ranges from 2024. The crossover MCU series is aimed at domain and zone electronic control units (ECU) in next-generation E/E architectures in automobiles to close the performance gap between traditional MCUs and the advanced R-Car SoCs. This is expected to be based on the ARM Cortex-M85 high performance microcontroller which Renesas has had in silicon for two years now, but Bahn declined to comment when asked directly.

A separate MCU platform is being developed for the vehicle control market.

“The market is going through a significant change in architecture towards a more centralised zonal structure from a domain-based architecture,” said Bhan. “Secure communications is still an issue and we see a lot of CAN FD being implemented. With zonal we will see more in vehicle ECUs that communicate with IVI and cockpit systems and gigabit Ethernet as well as cloud connections with over the air (OTA) updates.”

“The future will bring more centralisations with four zones driven by a centralised unit and a significant increase in data and compute capability with higher real time performance. We are offering a family that covers the length and breadth of the market form the low end to the high end as well as applications where SoCs are desired down to 16bit microcontrollers with high software reusability from the bottom to the top.”

As part of its roadmap, Renesas plans to offer a virtual software development environment so that engineers can start developing software for the new devices before silicon is available.

“This roadmap comes after years of collaboration and discussions with Tier 1 and OEM customers,” says Bhan. “What our customers have been telling us is that they need to be able to accelerate development without compromising quality. This means they must design and verify their software even before hardware arrives.”

Samples of the Gen 5 chips is planned for late 2024 next year for both SoC and MCU with a plan for production in the 2027 timeframe.

I always love reading your posts / research Bravo, thank you very much.

i love the sound of renesas “high level plans for two ARM-based automotive microcontroller ranges from 2024”.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
A little light reading for those poor, dear enraged souls......
We studied this book in high school English along with critical thinking and debate skills.

Some may be enlightened, others have their minds blown...........
Enter at your own absurdist risk. 🤣

Harrison Bergeron

"Harrison Bergeron" is a satirical dystopian science-fiction short story by American writer Kurt Vonnegut, first published in October 1961. Originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, the story was republished in the author's Welcome to the Monkey House collection in 1968.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

mrgds

Regular
Hi All

Some months ago Pitt Street Research put out a video which I gather they do from time to time and in that video they discussed Brainchip and slammed Sean Hehir CEO for ignoring Australian investors. Pretty sure it was posted here. They criticised him for never coming to Australia and a whole host of other things related to communication failures.

If someone has access it might help some if it were linked here for them to watch.

I was so aggrieved by this video that I sent an email to Tony Dawe complaining about the fact that Pitt Street Research which had been one of the greatest supporters of Brainchip over many years had become so disaffected that it was publicly echoing the concerns of myself and retail shareholders around communication or absence thereof.

Given that Sean Hehir had an interview scheduled with Pitt Street Research and they released a video it would seem that they were attempting to address the issues raised by Pitt Street Research and no doubt other analysts and professional investors.

So what might seem like randomly flying around Australia by some may well have been a deliberate and calculated attempt to do better on the communications front as published by Pitt Street Research.

But of course those who feel aggrieved that a company with limited funds did not hire auditoriums in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin and Perth and all the staff necessary to stage the events and issue personal invitations to 40,000 shareholders months in advance so they could mark their diaries and attend to hear already publicly available information will not be appeased by this attempt.

What if they offered subsidised transport from regional areas to provide complete fairness to every shareholder. Would that tip the balance?

But of course such events would then give the another agenda crew an opportunity to attack the company over the absurd waste of scarce capital on a public relations exercise where all that was discussed was publicly available information.

Hopefully I have provided the faux rage set with sufficient material now to as Whitlam said ‘maintain the (faux) rage’ in my further absence.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
@Fact Finder ............ You mentioned that most shareholders were questioning Sean/Tony regarding the lack of communication and the short manipulation.
With regards to the short manipulation, can you give feed back on what Sean/BODs have been doing with regards to this?
As we know, shorting can be very detrimental to a company, especially a start-up, so id like to hear of/if any pro-active steps that may have been taken.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
A little light reading for those poor, dear enraged souls......
We studied this book in high school English along with critical thinking and debate skills.

Some may be enlightened, others have their minds blown...........
Enter at your own absurdist risk. 🤣

Harrison Bergeron

"Harrison Bergeron" is a satirical dystopian science-fiction short story by American writer Kurt Vonnegut, first published in October 1961. Originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, the story was republished in the author's Welcome to the Monkey House collection in 1968.
Love Slaughterhouse five.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hi All

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

WEN INVITE? WEN MOON?

giphy (13).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Bravo,
That’s exactly what I thought, until someone alerted there was no AI Accelerator in that release and Hailo was being used..

Anyway, what’s new here? Did we miss something?

I would’ve thought that if said MCU released to market had Akida inside, said share price would be definitively cranking harder now for sure..

Hi Schnitzy,

As per previous post, Renesas is launching the first chip based on the new 22nm CMOS process in Q4 2023.

So, since we are in Q4 right now it can't be too long before we see the launch.

In December 2022 Sailesh Chickpea (I've forgotten how to spell his surname, sorry) from Renesas said “Our next step is to use more advanced technology nodes to push microcontrollers into the gigahertz regime and that's where they overlap with microprocessors. The way I see it is that what matters most is the performance of the system.

“Now you have accelerators to drive AI with neural processing units rather than a dual-core processor. We are working with a third party to put a processor into production in December on a 22nm CMOS process,” Chittipeddi said.

Brainchip and Renesas signed an agreement in December 2020 to implement spiking neural network technology. The tools are vital for this new field. “The partner gives us the training tools we need,” he said.

Also, in the previous article I posted it says that "Renesas will combine the new 22-nm MCUs with numerous compatible devices from its portfolio to offer a wide array of Winning Combinations".

So, as @chapman89 once famously said "Now can everybody just hold their horses and understand that we are all going to be rich".🐴💰😝

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-chittipeddi-81774a1/overlay/about-this-profile/

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Exactly! I was very envious of the casual catch-ups in Perth. Would have loved to have met the crew, but seriously never contemplated for a minute that it was anything more than an informal opportunity to meet and have a chat over a drink. Stop overthinking it people! Do you really think they’re unprofessional enough to say anything that isn’t already on public record.
We barely see social media posts from the company yet people here think the meeting was so significant that it moved the market 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
@Fact Finder ............ You mentioned that most shareholders were questioning Sean/Tony regarding the lack of communication and the short manipulation.
With regards to the short manipulation, can you give feed back on what Sean/BODs have been doing with regards to this?
As we know, shorting can be very detrimental to a company, especially a start-up, so id like to hear of/if any pro-active steps that may have been taken.
Hi MRGDS
They acknowledged its existence but bundled it in with the undervalued share price and my take was they see IP sales and commercial adoption as the panacea for all the ills.

It struck me that Sean’s entire focus is capitalising on

1. the ecosystem they have built, and
2. the fact that AKIDA 2.0 is so fit for purpose and well received by potential customers,

that his every waking moment is taken up with driving adoption and sales.

One further thing Sean Hehir emphasised and I apologise for omitting it is that currently the only reliable/benchmarking of Edge compute offerings is that being done and released by TinyML.

He stated that because Edge is still a poorly defined flexible term a lot of benchmarking being done is unreliable and or manufactured to suit a purpose.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users

Wags

Regular
Well said! The naivety around here is astounding. Professional investors, analysts, institutions brokers and journos have meetings with publicly listed company boards all the time. Now some lowly retail investors get the same privilege and the sky is falling. I believe FF, Chapman, and Serag have shared on TSE what they were told at the meeting. That’s more information than we would have been given if the meeting was instos or brokers only.
Look, there’s no doubt that as a group of BRN shareholders we are facing some adversity at present. Self doubt, paranoia and anxiety seep in especially if you are sitting on large paper losses and personal timelines for revenue have blown out. I feel it too. But BRN is in the right place at the right time. IMO the business model that is (barely) 2 years old will bear fruit. Our ecosystem will succeed. Have a look at the journey of some other tech behemoths. Let’s not eat our own and become victim to conspiracy theories. Onward.
Carefull @Papacass you are letting commonsense and practicality creep into your message.
I have flown in for the last two AGM's, and met up with other shareholders and BOD's over a beer. I honestly felt a little tinge when I felt not good enough for an invite, but as you say, happy for other solid shareholders to attend and pass on their thoughts. They didn't have to. (Thankyou also to FF, Chappy and the others).
Like lots here (I assume), my timelines had us further down the road by now, but I accept the headwinds and world affairs mess with the big end of town. I had really hoped we would have surfaced for real world good, during the pandemic, with a breath analyser, but alas, the sensors weren't up to the task.
On balance, I still firmly believe, the train is still coming chippers, and I think it's still coming at a great rate on knots. I can watch and speculate for quite a while yet, but I wont be surprised at all, when a surprise lands.
Also, want to say thankyou to the valued contributors here, plus or minus, as long as balanced discussion gets kicked around.
No thankyou, to the constant negativity, bullying and bashing. I think you all should just F*^k off.
I expect to get a public flogging for that, but oh well, Its friday arvo and Ive got a beer in my hand. (as I shrug my shoulders)
Have fun weekend all, stay safe.
Macca

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
No thankyou, to the constant negativity, bullying and bashing. I think you all should just F*^k off.
I expect to get a public flogging for that, but oh well, Its friday arvo and Ive got a beer in my hand. (as I shrug my shoulders)
Macca
But it does make good reading

1700202470287.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Carefull @Papacass you are letting commonsense and practicality creep into your message.
I have flown in for the last two AGM's, and met up with other shareholders and BOD's over a beer. I honestly felt a little tinge when I felt not good enough for an invite, but as you say, happy for other solid shareholders to attend and pass on their thoughts. They didn't have to. (Thankyou also to FF, Chappy and the others).
Like lots here (I assume), my timelines had us further down the road by now, but I accept the headwinds and world affairs mess with the big end of town. I had really hoped we would have surfaced for real world good, during the pandemic, with a breath analyser, but alas, the sensors weren't up to the task.
On balance, I still firmly believe, the train is still coming chippers, and I think it's still coming at a great rate on knots. I can watch and speculate for quite a while yet, but I wont be surprised at all, when a surprise lands.
Also, want to say thankyou to the valued contributors here, plus or minus, as long as balanced discussion gets kicked around.
Macca
Hi Wags,

This is the technion NaNose patent application:
US2023152319A1 DEVICE AND METHOD FOR RAPID DETECTION OF VIRUSES

A device, optionally in a form of a handheld device, for diagnosing, screening or monitoring a viral infection in an asymptomatic subject, the device comprising:

a sensor surface comprising one or more sensing regions, each of the sensing regions comprising ligand-associated nanoparticles, configured and operable for interacting with one or more VOCs present in the subject's exhaled breath; and

a processing unit comprising a learning and pattern recognition analyzer configured for receiving output signals from the one or more of the sensing regions and comparing the signals to a stored data, by utilizing a pattern recognition algorithm;

wherein the ligands associated to the nanoparticles are selected from dodecanethiol, hexanethiol, decanethiol, tert-dodecanethiol, butanethiol, 2-ethylhexanethiol, dibutyl disulfide, 2-nitro-4-trifluoromethylbenzenethiol, benzylmercaptane, 4-chlorobenzenemethanethiol, 3-ethoxythiolphenol, 4-tert-methylbenzenethiol and 1-heptanethiol.

wherein the sensor surface comprises a plurality or one or more sensing regions, each of the sensing regions is in the form of a plurality of gold nanoparticles, each of the nanoparticles being surface-associated with ligand molecules selected from dodecanethiol, hexanethiol, decanethiol, tert-dodecanethiol, butanethiol, 2-ethylhexanethiol, dibutyl disulfide, 2-nitro-4-trifluoromethylbenzenethiol, benzylmercaptane, 4-chlorobenzenemethanethiol, 3-ethoxythiolphenol, 4-tert-methylbenzenethiol and 1-heptanethiol

As Wiki explains it:

Denticity (represented by κ) refers to the number of times a ligand bonds to a metal through noncontiguous donor sites. Many ligands are capable of binding metal ions through multiple sites, usually because the ligands have lone pairs on more than one atom. Ligands that bind via more than one atom are often termed chelating. A ligand that binds through two sites is classified as bidentate, and three sites as tridentate. The "bite angle" refers to the angle between the two bonds of a bidentate chelate. Chelating ligands are commonly formed by linking donor groups via organic linkers. A classic bidentate ligand is ethylenediamine, which is derived by the linking of two ammonia groups with an ethylene (−CH2CH2−) linker. A classic example of a polydentate ligand is the hexadentate chelating agent EDTA, which is able to bond through six sites, completely surrounding some metals. The number of times a polydentate ligand binds to a metal centre is symbolized by "κn", where n indicates the number of sites by which a ligand attaches to a metal. EDTA4−, when it is hexidentate, binds as a κ6-ligand, the amines and the carboxylate oxygen atoms are not contiguous. In practice, the n value of a ligand is not indicated explicitly but rather assumed. The binding affinity of a chelating system depends on the chelating angle or bite angle.

I think they've got their ligands in a knot.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Wags

Regular
Hi Wags,

This is the technion NaNose patent application:
US2023152319A1 DEVICE AND METHOD FOR RAPID DETECTION OF VIRUSES

A device, optionally in a form of a handheld device, for diagnosing, screening or monitoring a viral infection in an asymptomatic subject, the device comprising:

a sensor surface comprising one or more sensing regions, each of the sensing regions comprising ligand-associated nanoparticles, configured and operable for interacting with one or more VOCs present in the subject's exhaled breath; and

a processing unit comprising a learning and pattern recognition analyzer configured for receiving output signals from the one or more of the sensing regions and comparing the signals to a stored data, by utilizing a pattern recognition algorithm;

wherein the ligands associated to the nanoparticles are selected from dodecanethiol, hexanethiol, decanethiol, tert-dodecanethiol, butanethiol, 2-ethylhexanethiol, dibutyl disulfide, 2-nitro-4-trifluoromethylbenzenethiol, benzylmercaptane, 4-chlorobenzenemethanethiol, 3-ethoxythiolphenol, 4-tert-methylbenzenethiol and 1-heptanethiol.

wherein the sensor surface comprises a plurality or one or more sensing regions, each of the sensing regions is in the form of a plurality of gold nanoparticles, each of the nanoparticles being surface-associated with ligand molecules selected from dodecanethiol, hexanethiol, decanethiol, tert-dodecanethiol, butanethiol, 2-ethylhexanethiol, dibutyl disulfide, 2-nitro-4-trifluoromethylbenzenethiol, benzylmercaptane, 4-chlorobenzenemethanethiol, 3-ethoxythiolphenol, 4-tert-methylbenzenethiol and 1-heptanethiol

As Wiki explains it:

Denticity (represented by κ) refers to the number of times a ligand bonds to a metal through noncontiguous donor sites. Many ligands are capable of binding metal ions through multiple sites, usually because the ligands have lone pairs on more than one atom. Ligands that bind via more than one atom are often termed chelating. A ligand that binds through two sites is classified as bidentate, and three sites as tridentate. The "bite angle" refers to the angle between the two bonds of a bidentate chelate. Chelating ligands are commonly formed by linking donor groups via organic linkers. A classic bidentate ligand is ethylenediamine, which is derived by the linking of two ammonia groups with an ethylene (−CH2CH2−) linker. A classic example of a polydentate ligand is the hexadentate chelating agent EDTA, which is able to bond through six sites, completely surrounding some metals. The number of times a polydentate ligand binds to a metal centre is symbolized by "κn", where n indicates the number of sites by which a ligand attaches to a metal. EDTA4−, when it is hexidentate, binds as a κ6-ligand, the amines and the carboxylate oxygen atoms are not contiguous. In practice, the n value of a ligand is not indicated explicitly but rather assumed. The binding affinity of a chelating system depends on the chelating angle or bite angle.

I think they've got their ligands in a knot.
Doggie, sure am glad to have you in our corner. (btw, I knew all that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Your smarts are right up there, bet hey, so is your humour.
Great job, have a dandy weekend.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Unless Sean pu

Unless one of the biggest rabbit tricks are pulled out of his hat he is gone for all money and won’t be back next AGM,we had the numbers for strike 1 and now with more shareholders pissed with management and the directors all looking like strike 2 will be a forgone conclusion. As besides you select few who get access should,not get,at least 70 percent of shareholders are pissed,why question and speak to happy investors it’s the unhappy that will vote with their feet.
I’m a who , not a that . I am also happy and I will vote . I will also increase my shareholding before the next GM and try and shove an inverted pineapple 🍍 up your endeavours

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom