BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
‘At least 70% of shareholders are pissed’ - prove it
... well at this time on Friday night ... res ipsa loquitur.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

Learning 🪴

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Not a bad free webscraper for a lot of news / info semiconductor related.

We even make the list of the sites they monitor :)

IMG_20231117_205350.jpg
Screenshot_2023-11-17-20-54-32-87_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Learning 🪴
Only read it cause they didn't add the word "anyway" :LOL:

It does highlight one the bigger hurdles that we need to get over and we can see that "big push" as they put it, going on this past year and continuing with things like the Uni programs.

Getting this bedded down from an industry view will help BRN no end imo.

NO BENCHMARKS OR STANDARDIZATION​

Because neuromorphic computing is still a relatively new technology, there are no standard benchmarks for this technology, making it difficult to assess its performance and prove its efficacy outside of a research lab. And the lack of standardized architectures and software interfaces for neuromorphic computing can make it difficult to share applications and results. But Danielescu said there is a “big push” among academic and industry leaders to change this.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

MDhere

Regular
BrainChip did what other companies also do ... invite influencers. They have to make sure that investors will not vote against BrainChip's management during the next annual meeting. So they probably only invited very active and positive BrainChip supporters who do not criticize the management. My guess.
Incorrect they didn't invite me or maybe they did and i didn't see the email and im positve. But all in all if i have a question i seek the answer. I may have more shares then some of those that were invited so i found it a little odd but am i going to lose sleep over it? And the answer is No. I too along with a few others on here fly for the past couple years to the agm. And will be doing this again this year.
All the company needs to do is do their job and if it also means to talk to key promoters snd influencers that's all part of the job and i don't think any of us small inverstors even up to 3mil were mission it was more the top 20 and key article writers. They later released a investor podcast and i had the privilege of listening to it. Ive effectively saved my pennies to fly next year to the agm. All in my opinion just like yrs but i did want to give you my take on it in this instance.
Happy Saturday fellow brners im an early riser for work. Oneday i won't need to be 😀

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Good morning,

Despite what someone recently posted about Pia Turcinov being next to useless, questioning why she is even on our BOD and has she
actually brought anything to date to the Brainchip Holdings Ltd table, whilst receiving an NED's fee.

I found that a rather harsh view, having met Pia she came across to me as a very strong business minded lady, who I know Peter has a lot
of respect for, she has numerous contacts who can open up doors, becoming the first female to enter Brainchip's Board, having the founders
blessing I would have thought was enough.

Who got the WA Minister for Emergency Services; Innovation and the Digital Economy; Medical Research; Stephen Dawson to come to
visit our Perth Research Innovation Centre, I'm pretty sure it was Pia, but happy to be corrected by Tony if wrong.

It's all about teamwork, and Perth has a very solid team, I can't state as a fact, but I'd strongly suggest Pia has already opened up channels
that may have not at this stage been possible, mainly based around Peter's and the Perth teams already heavy workload.

Whatever the actual figure and/or bonus shares she receives, I personally believe it will pay off over the next 3 year period, if the Board
decides to part ways with Pia, I'm sure it will be mutual if it ever eventuates.

Have a great day ahead....Tech
Hi Tech

Great post mate and I mean that.

Why didn't you respond to my post directly
instead of referring to it indirectly via another post several days later? You seem to have a habit of doing that.

If you had of responded to my post directly then everyone reading your post would see exactly what I had said, which is:

The only person I don't want to see re-elected at the next AGM is Pia. Loan, Antonio etc all come with significant semi-conductor industry experience and expertise. They've been there and have done it and consequently have great networks to leverage. Pia has none of that. Pia has very good board level experience and would be suitable for other listed companies, but not Brainchip. I am also annoyed by the fact she heavily promotes events, groups and other ideas on her LinkedIn, but never Brainchip, yet she is paid a significant sum for her seat at the table. Perhaps she does a lot behind the scenes. In that case the company needs to do a better job in showing the value added.

In response to your passive aggressive post:

1. I did not say Pia was useless at all, i actually gave her a compliment by saying she has very good board level experience.
  2. I think the points I made about her lack of semiconductor industry experience are important as those networks create a DIRECT pathway to the company's that are most likely to sign licensing agreements.
  3. I also think her lack of sharing on LinkedIn is a fair comment. You may not have, but I did scroll back through 12 months of her LinkedIn feed, which took quite a while as she posts ALOT, and from memory she had shared one post of Anil Mankar's in which he had shared a Brainchip post. She also hasn't liked any brainchip content from memory. Her reshare of Anil's post and lack of engagement on Brainchip content made me wonder if she's even following our social media channels at all
Additionally, I have also highlighted a section of my post above which is probably the most important part of the Pia related paragraph, as it serves as a disclaimer for the very rare "constructive criticism" of the company that I have given.

It seems you have missed that disclaimer altogether, or perhaps you did read it which may be the reason why you didn't respond to me directly as then it would be easy for me and everyone else to call bullshit. In any case, your passive aggressive post has proven my final point in that paragraph correct:

Pia does do positive things behind the scenes and therefore brainchip could do a better job of showing the value she adds.

I am now wondering how you know Stephen Dawson visited the research institute, I think I missed that. Also keen to hear more about your strong views on channels that she has opened up, or are these points coming from private emails with Peter? If that's the case then the value Pia is adding is being ring fenced and should instead be advertised a little more widely, which again comes back to my disclaimer.

For what it's worth, you have posted about me in a passive aggressive manner on multiple occasions now. Please don't do that. If I say things you disagree with then call me out, let's openly discuss differing opinions, that is what the forum is for. I think by now you will know that I am a strong and positive supporter of Brainchip. We are on the same team.

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 69 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

MDhere

Regular
Hi Tech

instead of referring to it indirectly via another post several days later? You seem to have a habit of doing that.

If you had of responded to my post directly then everyone reading your post would see exactly what I had said, which is:

The only person I don't want to see re-elected at the next AGM is Pia. Loan, Antonio etc all come with significant semi-conductor industry experience and expertise. They've been there and have done it and consequently have great networks to leverage. Pia has none of that. Pia has very good board level experience and would be suitable for other listed companies, but not Brainchip. I am also annoyed by the fact she heavily promotes events, groups and other ideas on her LinkedIn, but never Brainchip, yet she is paid a significant sum for her seat at the table. Perhaps she does a lot behind the scenes. In that case the company needs to do a better job in showing the value added.

1. I did not say Pia was useless at all, i actually gave her a compliment by saying she has very good board level experience.
  2. I think the points I made about her lack of semiconductor industry experience are important as those networks create a DIRECT pathway to the company's that are most likely to sign licensing agreements.
  3. I also think her lack of sharing on LinkedIn is a fair comment. You may not have, but I did scroll back through 12 months of her LinkedIn feed, which took quite a while as she posts ALOT, and from memory she had shared one post of Anil Mankar's in which he had shared a Brainchip post. She also hasn't liked any brainchip content from memory. Her reshare of Anil's post and lack of engagement on Brainchip content made me wonder if she's even following our social media channels at all
Additionally, I have also highlighted a section of my post above which is probably the most important part of the Pia related paragraph, as it serves as a disclaimer for the very rare "constructive criticism" of the company that I have given.

It seems you have missed that disclaimer altogether, or perhaps you did read it which may be the reason why you didn't respond to me directly as then it would be easy for me and everyone else to call bullshit. In any case, your passive aggressive post has proven my final point in that paragraph correct:

Pia does do positive things behind the scenes and therefore brainchip could do a better job of showing the value she adds.

I am now wondering how you know Stephen Dawson visited the research institute, I think I missed that. Also keen to hear more about your strong views on channels that she has opened up, or are these points coming from private emails with Peter? If that's the case then the value Pia is adding is being ring fenced and should instead be advertised a little more widely, which again comes back to my disclaimer.

For what it's worth, you have posted about me in a passive aggressive manner on multiple occasions now. Please don't do that. If I say things you disagree with then call me out, let's openly discuss differing opinions, that is what the forum is for. I think by now you will know that I am a strong and positive supporter of Brainchip. We are on the same team.

Cheers
Hi Sera, i like and value yr contributions but i don't get what seems a person attack on Pia? Brainchip are not stupid and there is obviously a strategic move of having Pia on board. May i suggest that you come to the next AGM where Pia attends (check first) and you can have a face to face discussion with Pia. It might answer all your concerns as im sure scanning thru linkedin activity is not a measure of ones ability. Please don't take offence that im just giving my view on this and directly replying to you.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

cosors

👀
Hi Tech

Cheers
Thank you for your words! You both are among others my ~cornerstones and my ~bulwark. That sounds strange. But that's what I mean. You have to stick together. Different opinions with substance enrich our/my group. Avatars don't have to love each other like friends in real life. You're like the pillars of a chair (or the pillars under a house in Venice) and I'm just the felt pad under one of them so as not to scratch the floor. So what do I do when the pillars go against each other? Debating is enriching and it's a question of how to do it. So thank you again for your sincere, open and honest manner.
Then it will be better for all of us and of great value.
That's what the forum was founded for, in my view.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

jtardif999

Regular
OUTSIDE THE BOX

Opinion: PCs and cars are the future for this giant but little-known chip-designer

Growth opportunities for Arm Holdings look strong despite stiff headwinds

One of the world’s most important technology companies is also one of the least discussed. Arm Holdings ARM is a U.K.-based company founded in 1990 that has been the silent leader in the expansion of computing outside the world of servers and PCs. If you have a smartphone, a connected appliance, a smart TV, or digital home assistant, your personal technology has Arm at its core.

Arm has an interesting business history. It was purchased by the Japanese conglomerate SoftBank Group JP:9984 in 2016, had an acquisition attempt in 2020 from Nvidia NVDA that failed regulatory hurdles, and finally went back to being a publicly traded company on Nasdaq last Septmber. Arm just announced its first quarterly earnings report after its IPO, with the market generally pleased with the past three months of revenue but wary of the guidance given for the next quarter.

In my view, there are good reasons to believe that Arm has great years ahead of it with expansion into new markets and new revenue streams, but also a few headwinds that put long-term growth at risk.

Arm is most often associated with the explosion of the smartphone market, and for good reason. With few exceptions, at the heart of every smartphone today is a chip based on Arm technology, including those from Apple AAPL and Samsung KR:005930. While the handset space has been problematic for companies recently with the softness of sales in China, indications are that the region is picking back up, with a note from Qualcomm QCOM in its latest earnings to underscore that point. A reinvigorated smartphone market, with the help of on-device AI adoption, will improve the outlook where the company’s largest revenue stream is tied.

There are many areas of growth for Arm outside of the smartphone market. The PC space is getting active, as Qualcomm announced a new Snapdragon processor last month that’s meant to displace Intel INTC and AMD AMD. Qualcomm’s new Oryon core powering the chip is based on Arm architecture. And recent rumors of Nvidia and AMD entering into the Windows-on-Arm chip market gives Arm yet another avenue.

As the automotive market becomes more about computing and assisted driving, Arm-based products are going to be at the heart of that transition. Qualcomm is one of the leaders in this space as well, mostly utilizing Arm technology. But other Arm partners including NXP Semiconductors NXPI, Renesas Electronics JP:6723 and Cadence Design Systems CDNS are involved in the rollout of automotive technologies from advanced driver-assistance systems to digital cockpits, and all are integrating Arm processors of some kind. This segment is expected to grow at close to a 10% CAGR for at least the next five years and offers a significant revenue opportunity.

Crucially, Arm has also made progress in the data center segment with its Neoverse family of IP that is targeted at powering cloud- and edge server infrastructure. As more data centers look to find ways to improve or maintain performance while lowering fixed costs of power and space, the advantages that Arm CPUs have in efficiency and scalability shine. And while the data center segment has a been a target for Arm since before the AI revolution, its significant partnership with Nvidia, the clear leader in the enterprise AI race, means that Arm-based products like the Nvidia Grace CPU will drive revenue and relevancy.

Read: Big tech is battling to put AI on your PC, laptop and smartphone

In its most recent earnings report, Arm said that more than 7.1 billion devices had shipped this past quarter with Arm technology inside them. That’s a stunning number and one that tells you how deeply embedded and how pervasive the Arm architecture is in our connected world. We aren’t just talking about companies like Apple, Qualcomm, and Samsung, but also Toshiba JP:6502, NXP, and Tata Communications IN:500483. Even Intel and AMD are utilizing Arm designs for some portion of their product lines.

Moreover, Arm CEO Rene Haas mentioned in a recent interview with CNBC’s Jim Cramer that the strong increase in licensing revenue that Arm saw in this quarter’s earnings report is a “strong indicator for R&D investment.” This is good news for Arm — the more product development that is happening today on its IP means that future products released to market will be based on that R&D work, cycling back to more revenue and market share for Arm.

Risks to the bullish case

Perhaps the biggest risk to Arm is competition. Not from the world of x86 processors that are trying to not be displaced by Arm designs, but by another low power architecture. RISC-V (pronounced “risk five”) is a competing instruction set architecture (ISA). That basically means it is based on a different set of computer microinstructions, not compatible with either Arm or x86 designs.

RISC-V is an “open” design, meaning that, at least in theory, it is free to utilize for both academic and commercial use cases. This is obviously an advantage over the Arm architecture, where companies must pay a licensing or royalty fee to design their own Arm CPU or to use one of the cores designed by Arm itself. This openness also means that companies and the RISC-V community are encouraged to share best practices for designs, improving performance and time-to-market.

Many tech companies are already using RISC-V for some of their platforms. For example, Qualcomm’s Lu Dai sits on the RISC-V board, as does Nvidia’s Frans Sijstermans. Qualcomm announced a RISC-V based wearable platform, and Alphabet’s Google GOOGL announced OS support for it.

How big is this existential risk to Arm? The truth is that migrating or building a RISC-V core is a very heavy engineering lift. Though I don’t have specifics on pricing, if a customer is going to license a core based on RISC-V from a company like SiFive, one of the primary advantages over Arm (cost) seems to fall away.

Arm should take this risk to its business model seriously, and it appears to be doing so. There have been shifts in programs offered by the company including a “flexible access” model that offers no-cost access to Arm IP for companies that are in the startup stage, clearly targeting many potential customers of the RISC-V ecosystem.

The other big risk for Arm is finding a way to get credit and recognition for its value in the tech space. Much better-known companies such as Intel, AMD, and Qualcomm themselves struggle to maintain brand recognition and brand value as a component company in the products and services that people use every day. Qualcomm makes the modem in almost every flagship smartphone today, and Intel powers 75%+ of the laptops sold each year, but few consumers recognize that fact or even care.

Arm is even one more step removed from that; its designs, for example, power the Snapdragon processors that enable flagship Samsung handsets. Getting credit for that enabling work, from the investor market as well as the consumer (and to some degree a share of wallet) is a difficult task.

These headwinds aside, the next five years and beyond for Arm look strong. Its leadership in the smartphone market likely will not be challenged and the areas of growth, from PCs to AI to cars, offer significant revenue upside.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

cosors

👀
Hi Sera, i like and value yr contributions but i don't get what seems a person attack on Pia? Brainchip are not stupid and there is obviously a strategic move of having Pia on board. May i suggest that you come to the next AGM where Pia attends (check first) and you can have a face to face discussion with Pia. It might answer all your concerns as im sure scanning thru linkedin activity is not a measure of ones ability. Please don't take offence that im just giving my view on this and directly replying to you.
I don't like it when people ~'attack' (angehen) someone who can't defend themselves (here at TSE). If against a person then not behind their back the scenes and in their face. That's how I see it. You Some of you are much closer to the board than many of us are. I don't like it with Sean either, because for me as a person far away it's difficult to understand the pro and con arguments, another example. I'm used to the fact for me that there's almost never black and white. So at least an open debate is important if someone wants to express their opinion directly against or in favour of a person. That creates transparency.
As long as a person doesn't make a demonstrable mistake or does something demonstrably outstanding criticism in an anonymous forum, whether negative or positive, is not particularly helpful. Just my opinion as an observer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

manny100

Regular
Life is full of irony. Its a sure thing that the serial negative posters will be running victory laps and drive friends and relatives crazy bragging about their investing genius ability when BRN starts making money.
For the rest of us it will be just business as usual with a bit of a skip in the step.
Its only a matter of time.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

MDhere

Regular
I don't like it when people ~'attack' someone who can't defend themselves. If against a person then not behind their back and in their face. That's how I see it. You are much closer to the board than many of us are. I don't like it with Sean either, because for me as a person far away it's difficult to understand the pro and con arguments, another example. I'm used to the fact for me that there's almost never black and white. So at least a debate is important if someone wants to express their opinion directly against or in favour of a person. That creates transparency.
As long as a person doesn't make a demonstrable mistake or does something demonstrably outstanding criticism in an anonymous forum, whether negative or positive, is not particularly helpful. Just my opinion as an observer.
Sorry cosors i have absolutely no idea what yr talking about here. I am not talking to someone behind their backs? I was replying directly to Sera that's an act of courtesy rather then anything else so i have no idea what you are going on about?
Furthermore i am no closer to the board then anyone else let alone u or Sera even if in different countries so again i haven't the faintest what your talking about? Im simply saying you can't judge a person by linkedin activity.
I don't appreciate the attack cosor. Sayimg im much closer to the board is a pure and utter lie. Sorry to be blunt.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Sorry cosors i have absolutely no idea what yr talking about here. I am not talking to someone behind their backs? I was replying directly to Sera that's an act of courtesy rather then anything else so i have no idea what you are going on about?
Furthermore i am no closer to the board then anyone else let alone u or Sera even if in different countries so again i haven't the faintest what your talking about? Im simply saying you can't judge a person by linkedin activity.
I don't appreciate the attack cosor. Sayimg im much closer to the board is a pure and utter lie. Sorry to be blunt.
Excuse me, please. That's a misunderstanding and it's because of this format of an forum. I agree with you so I replied to your post in the affirmative. The behind the back thing is meant towards Pia who might be reading along here and can't defend herself.
I really appreciate all three of you. That was by no means meant against you and not an attack. I will gladly delete my
post if you think that's better.
I also realise that I have a language barrier and probably write a lot of things in a misleading way. My English skills are still young and developing.
So please forgive me if you feel offended by me. Personally, the problem would not exist I am sure. You (all) are my group.

By closer on board I mean that you can/could or joined at the AGMs for example or met as others in persona. I am 14,600 kilometres away. I will never meet the board in person.

____
By the way, I am also a polite person and without any dodgy thoughts. I was excited from the beginning when I saw that some of you meet in person, catch up.

;)
Screenshot_2023-11-18-00-11-33-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Kozikan

Regular
I also found the absolute buy comment interesting. Is he not convinced enough to actually buy, or is he just not interested in buying, or does he know that prices won't change alot over the next 12 months so why tie up capital, or is he comfortable with how many he has and how many more he will be given.🤔
I think the latter- He doesn’t have to..

He already gets compensated very well in share based payments.. And if the company translates its ground work into success there will be further rewards in options and performance rights.. So both outcomes lead to not requiring self-purchasing of shares on market.

He will just pay a few $$ to convert options into shares..
FYI , Just to be clear, Re Sean and others, being able to purchase shares. At the recent Perth gathering , Sean acknowledged the difficulty of being allowed to purchase shares , since Black Out periods would be so extensive,as a result of their current privileged inside information.

Simples

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

MDhere

Regular
Excuse me, please. That's a misunderstanding and it's because of this format of an forum. I agree with you so I replied to your post in the affirmative. The behind the back thing is meant towards Pia who might be reading along here and can't defend herself.
I really appreciate all three of you. That was by no means meant against you and not an attack. I will gladly delete my
I also realise that I have a language barrier and probably write a lot of things in a misleading way. My English skills are still young and developing.
So please forgive me if you feel offended by me. Personally, the problem would not exist I am sure. You are my group.

By closer on board I mean that you can/could or joined at the AGMs for example or met as others in persona. I am 14,600 kilometres away. I will never meet the board in person.

____
By the way, I am also a polite person and without any dodgy thoughts. I was excited from the beginning when I saw that some of you meet in person, catch up.

;)
View attachment 49846
I understand now, its tricky when language is a barrier and good that you re explained your meanings here now lol all good cosors i was just making sure that you were not suddenly sufferimg from some seizure or something. Lol peace to you and thanks. ❤ ps the phrase is behind the scenes not behind their backs :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
So please forgive me if you feel offended by me. Personally, the problem would not exist I am sure. You are my group.

____

;)
View attachment 49846
What perhaps helps to clarify is that in German when I mean several of you and not just you these are two completely different words and not just -> 'you'. For us, du/you is different to euch/you. So it's difficult for me to mean e.g. you three or just you. Language barrier ... and I like to learn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
behind the scenes 💡

SERA2g

Founding Member
Hi MD

I appreciate your open feedback and I also value your contributions here.

You will see that I pulled in a quote from my earlier post a week or so ago which tech was referring to, I should have linked the entire post.

If you read the full post you will see that the context is in relation to people voting for a second strike and spill of the board. My post is strongly against that and outlines why. On balance to being against a second strike, I also offered that Pia is the only person I would be happy to not see re-elected. I also openly outlined why for transparency rather than the "sack them all" approach some have taken with no added substance other than lack of revenue.

It is not a personal attack on her person, I have met Pia in Perth numerous times now and she is super friendly and approachable as well as easy to talk to. Pia has the added bonus of being super close to Peter and so I would imagine will stand by Peter if ever required at a board level.

You've seen my reasons for why I didn't think she should be re-elected and they are, in my opinion, not unfair.

The missing puzzle piece to my opinion is a lack of information. I've indicated that she may well be adding value and the board need to do a better job of showing how. Pia also doesn't help her own case given she barely promotes Brainchip's success on adding new ecosystem partners for example.

Tech has quite rightly shown that Pia does add value, which is excellent, and to my point, the board (and Pia) should try do do a better job of showing how. Techs post has now reassured me that Pia's seat at the table is warranted.

When you look to the rest of the non executives, there is asx level commentary from Loan, Geoff and Antonio. I don't think I've ever heard anyone question Loans position. Her professional experience is extremely relevant and she is super qualified for the role having 20 plus years of direct semiconductor industry experience. Theres been podcasts and interviews as well including the other execs to some degree. Comparatively, Pia is almost invisible from the outside looking in.

Hope that provides some additional colour for you and also clears your concern as to whether or not it is a personal attack.

Edit: I forgot to add, I had intended to discuss this with Pia at the Perth catch up but unfortunately had to leave immediately after the round table, so missed the opportunity to talk to her over a drink.

Thanks mate

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom