BRN Discussion Ongoing

Baisyet

Regular
Anyone interested below :)

Reactions: 4 users
I found this interesting particularly with AKD2000 with LSTM and a cortical column on the bench at Brainchip.

All those years of research and no doubt billions of tax payer dollars not to mention IBM & Intel and Peter van der Made, Anil Mankar and a tiny dedicated team of brilliant scientists and engineers and 100 million AUD are about to realise their dream for them.

As I said those with Wisdom accumulate BRN.😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

1649029851027.png

“The DARPA SyNAPSE program is an attempt to model the human brain through computer hardware. Most computers work off a binary system with discrete regions of memory and discrete processors. The human brain, depending on the functional region and the Neurotransmitter in question, can be anything from binary to quantary and uses Associative memory, rather than discrete memory. In the brain there isn’t a distinction between processing and memory, rather unlike a normal computer, it is a Fuzzy control system. It also has distinct regions to perform discrete kinds of functions. For example, the Hippocampus and the Subiculumare the seats of short-term memory in the brain while the Visual cortex handles how we see and interpret things. Computers follow a Von Neumann architecture, with only a few structures for moving memory, dealing with floating point numbers, and performing instructions.

With that background, the SyNAPSE program is an attempt to build a computer that works like the human brain. Over the decades we’ve had general purpose computers, we’ve actually gotten far faster than the human brain in every kind of basic computing task. Computers can recall things faster, process information faster, and execute instructions faster. However, the human brain continues to excel in many tasks that even the most powerful computers are hopeless to replicate. Even the best Artificial Intelligence systems can’t cope when presented with novel inputs. For example, we can program a computer to read a book but if we presented that program with a turnip, it wouldn’t know what to make of it. What DARPA is trying to investigate is how if you build a computer that replicates the functions of the human brain what functional advantages a brain has and how that can be used to build computers that can make judgments, choices, and deal with novel inputs and situations. The hope is by modeling the brain, we can learn better how the brain works and replicate it.

To use a science fiction metaphor, they are building Sky Net or Wintermute, depending whether you are a Terminator or William Gibson fan.”

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users
And their off and manipulating. It’s so comforting to have certainty in one’s life. 🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

1649030725469.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users
I just love sunny Mondays.

I also love finding research papers that confirm the Brainchip’s assessment it is about three years ahead of the competition with AKD1000.

The following research paper part funded by DARPA confirms that you can successfully convert ANN/CNN to run on SNN without significant loss of accuracy and take advantage of the SNN advantages.

What a pity for these researchers that Brainchip had a patent bubbling away in the US Patent Office that popped out a few months later and had a commercial chip in hand, IP and MetaTF in the market place and signed commercial contracts and NASA already decided to run with AKIDA hardened on 90nm. (This NASA bit is my opinion.)

Another thing I love is the saying “those with Wisdom accumulate BRN”.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Those also with wisdom listen to your recommendations on what television programs to watch . I have just finished watching Tin Star ( binge worthy status ) and was perfect for my sort of entertainment. The title and introduction blurb gave an incorrect introduction to how this multi series played out . Thankyou FF

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Those also with wisdom listen to your recommendations on what television programs to watch . I have just finished watching Tin Star ( binge worthy status ) and was perfect for my sort of entertainment. The title and introduction blurb gave an incorrect introduction to how this multi series played out . Thankyou FF
If you liked it you will love Peaky Blinders. Last series still available new series coming shortly.
Absolutely best thing I have seen in years.
My opinion only of course.
FF

Reactions: 8 users

Yak52

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Dang Son

Regular
Saw it on Facebook posted by another user. Looks like we are part of of a ETF? What do you guys reckon.

Hier finden Sie Informationen zur Zusammensetzung des WisdomTree Artificial Intelligence UCITS ETF USD Acc.
Größte 10 Positionen
Gewicht der größten 10 Positionen
von insgesamt 62
34,13%

FARADAY TECH ORD3,92%
CIENA ORD3,91%
BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS ORD3,84%
PALO ALTO NETWORKS ORD3,78%
BLUE PRISM GROUP ORD SHS3,77%
SYNOPSYS ORD3,15%
CADENCE DESIGN SYSTEMS ORD3,14%
SERVICENOW ORD3,07%
NICE SYSTEMS ADR REP 1 ORD2,97%
TRIMBLE INC ORD2,58%
Länder
USA50,85%
Taiwan16,20%
Japan5,38%
Australien3,84%
Sonstige23,73%
Mehr anzeigen
Sektoren
Technologie92,63%
Nicht-Basiskonsumgüter2,67%
Telekommunikation1,57%
Industrie0,77%
Sonstige2,36%

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
If you liked it you will love Peaky Blinders. Last series still available new series coming shortly.
FF
I watched Tin Star as you coupled it with Peaky Blinders . That was fantastic . I look forward to the next series as you say is not far off to see if the thread of them being Shelby’s leads into the manufacturing of the Shelby Mustang. That would be a generational link that would equal the toughness of the Shelby product.Thanks once again .

Reactions: 1 users

VictorG

I think I'll start this week with an Irish curse to all the short sellers.

“May you be plagued by a powerful itch and never have the nails to scratch it.”

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
FF
My favourite movie of all time is based on a true story. It is politically incorrect now but the underlying message is trust in those who have gone before you and who know what works ie don’t panic and throw away corporate knowledge, have and embrace your plan despite overwhelming odds, respect, trust and discipline is a critical ingredient in achieving success as a group of diverse individuals. The movie is Zulu.

Suspect not everyone’s cup of tea but the underlying message should be as this is why the 1,000 Eyes works to everyone’s benefit.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 users

Dhm

Regular

And I'll raise you with an Irish blessing to all of us:

"May the tree from which they make your coffin not yet be planted."

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining

I like this one for short sellers

Buinneach dhearg go dtigidh ort

That you may have red diarrhoea

Akida Ballista

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
I like this one for short sellers

Buinneach dhearg go dtigidh ort

That you may have red diarrhoea

Akida Ballista
I have always liked "May you be in Heaven a half an hour before the devil knows you're dead!" :)

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
My favourite movie of all time is based on a true story. It is politically incorrect now but the underlying message is trust in those who have gone before you and who know what works ie don’t panic and throw away corporate knowledge, have and embrace your plan despite overwhelming odds, respect, trust and discipline is a critical ingredient in achieving success as a group of diverse individuals. The movie is Zulu.

Suspect not everyone’s cup of tea but the underlying message should be as this is why the 1,000 Eyes works to everyone’s benefit.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKUDA BALLISTA
I’ll give it a crack . Cheers FF . It will have to be better than watching the share price go down 😊

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone come across or know much about these guys?

TECHNOLOGY
Neuromorphic Analog Signal Processing (NASP)
Ideal for New Generation of Front-end Devices in Real Time Edge AI Applications
Sensor level platform synthesizes a true neuromorphic Tiny AI chip layout from any trained neural network

NEURAL NET DESIGN
Select a trained Neural Net or train the customer’s Neural Net

MATH MODEL SIMULATION
Generated with NAPS Compiler: D-MVP – Neural Network Software Simulation

NASP CHIP SYNTHESIS
The Math Model converted into the chip layout ready for production

NASP CHIP PRODUCTION
Semiconductor fabs produce NASP chips with standard equipment and processes

NASP technology is ideal for real time Edge sensor signal processing (ESSP) appliances, providing small size, ultra-low power consumption and low latency.

NASP Convertor works with any standard Neural Net framework like Keras, Tensor Flow or others.

NASP receives any type of signal and processes raw sensor data using neuromorphic AI computations on sensor level without digitalizing analog signals.

1Direct analog /digital signal input

2POLYN’s neuromorphic architecture processes input signals in a true parallel asynchronous mode providing unprecedented low latency and low power consumption. Calculations do not require CPU usage or memory access.

3NASP can use a pre-trained artificial neural network from any major ML framework (such as Tensor Flow, PyTorch, MXNet etc.) for the neuromorphic representation resulting in exceptional precision and accuracy.

DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
PROTOTYPE NEURAL NET MODEL
NEURAL NET TRAINING AND CONVERSION
NN is provided by the customer or POLYN assists the customer in NN selection
Fully functionable math model of NN
Data collection and training process
The customer accepts the final functionality of the trained NN
SYNTHESIS
NETLIST FOR THE TARGET CAD
Convert the trained NN to Netlist for CAD and generate the neurons library
Build CAD model of NASP block
Verification of the NASP CAD model and the NN model conformity
IMPLEMENTATION
THE CHIP PRODUCTION
Generate the final layout and GDSII format for a target Node and Fab

Also anything on this Oz co?

Neuromorphic Technology – Is It Better Than AI Today?​

Home NEWS Neuromorphic Technology – Is It Better Than AI Today?
TI2 News About Neuromorphic Technology - Is It Better than AI (Artificial Intelligence)?

March 18, 2022
As disruptive innovation continues to take place, it seems automation technology is becoming more certain over time, contrary to our now uncertain times – especially in Neuromorphic Computing.
The Australian Department of Defense has recently introduced the MANTIS (Mutual-Axis Neuromorphic Twin Imaging System) prototype, a new sensor that was developed by the Jericho Smart Sensing Lab (JSSL) at the University of Sydney in only three months.
Under a partnership between the Air Force and Defense Science and Technology Group, this prototype has shown the potential to measure speed and predict the trajectory and velocity of incredibly fast-moving objects.
This exploration has led to plans of future iterations where MANTIS could also be combined with a robotic eye to maneuver traditional camera frame limitation to large-portion surveillance capacity for airspace looking for air vehicles passively driving around.

What To Expect From The Next World-Beating Supercomputer?​

With neuromorphic technologies, computers will be expected to solve problems faster while using less energy than our normal computers.
Sourced from Techradar, researchers at Sandia National Laboratories have demonstrated that neuromorphic computers that replicate the brain’s logic synthetically can solve more complex problems than those posed by AI.
“The natural randomness of the processes you list will make them inefficient when directly mapped onto vector processors like GPUs on next-generation computational efforts. Meanwhile, neuromorphic architectures are an intriguing and radically different alternative for particle simulation that may lead to a scalable and energy-efficient approach for solving problems of interest to us.” Said Brian Frankee, Sandia’s engineer and author of the new paper.
Sandia received over 50-million-chip Loihi research chips from Intel in the early 2020s to run their tests.
Although chips with artificial neurons are considered more cost-efficient and easy to utilize, it’s also undeniable that more data load needs to be transported off of neurochip processors. Eventually, the cost will increase along with the collected data, slowing the system until it finally stops working.
In the next supercomputer, we will be looking at new configurations of small neurons group with computed summary statistics, instead of raw data output.
Will the next supercomputer really mimic the human brain? Intel is looking to scale their neurons significantly, so bigger and better things are to come!

World’s First Neuromorphic Demonstration​

The recognition goes to Western Sydney University and the United State Airforce Academy.
The world-first demonstration involved transmitting neuromorphic data from outer space.
Was it a success you may ask?
“Project Falcon Neuro is the first use of these sensors for earth observation from orbit, and the data received is the first neuromorphic data to be transmitted from space.”
“These cameras don’t take pictures, but rather sense changes and only send those when they happen. This method of sensing the visual world allows them to perform tasks that simply cannot be done with a conventional camera,” commented Associate Professor Gregory Cohen, ICNS’s lead researcher on the project.
This is definitely a Pioneer of Neuromorphic Technology.
What fascinating invention will we further unveil with Neuromorphic Technology? Will it be better than AI? Looks like the answer is a strong possible YES.
Stay close and don’t miss out on our next news and events to stay on top of the industry.
Ti2 is currently very focused on working with its global partners to secure stock and avoid long delay times in delivering products to their customers. Together with our trusted partners, we are here to provide solutions.
To learn more about what we do, please click projects, products & services.
Please click here to email us your enquiry, we would like to hear from you.
Article inspired from gov.au, technology decisions, and techradar.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
S

Straw

Just a random comment from a LTH (some of this I'm sure is repeating myself but I need to remind myself of it).

I sold some of my shares earlier this year (simply because my personal financial situation re having choices was very poor - now pretty good). That is, after buying in 2015 so I was extremely fortunate (and grateful to BRN and informative posters) patience paid off in my particular circumstance and is the best investment I have ever made. Though patience generally looks easier in retrospect and I won't say I've never had doubts or complained about anything.

Extremely grateful for all the hard work/commitment of those at the company (or formerly). Not only for the financial benefit but because it's one of very few things in my life I can think about and largely see as being positive and maybe even be excited about (which is a huge deal for me).

I'm still feeling a bit ordinary about having sold any of my BRN.
I know what I'm invested in and I feel I know who I'm invested in.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users
Anyone come across or know much about these guys?

TECHNOLOGY
Neuromorphic Analog Signal Processing (NASP)
Ideal for New Generation of Front-end Devices in Real Time Edge AI Applications
Sensor level platform synthesizes a true neuromorphic Tiny AI chip layout from any trained neural network

NEURAL NET DESIGN
Select a trained Neural Net or train the customer’s Neural Net

MATH MODEL SIMULATION
Generated with NAPS Compiler: D-MVP – Neural Network Software Simulation

NASP CHIP SYNTHESIS
The Math Model converted into the chip layout ready for production

NASP CHIP PRODUCTION
Semiconductor fabs produce NASP chips with standard equipment and processes

NASP technology is ideal for real time Edge sensor signal processing (ESSP) appliances, providing small size, ultra-low power consumption and low latency.

NASP Convertor works with any standard Neural Net framework like Keras, Tensor Flow or others.

NASP receives any type of signal and processes raw sensor data using neuromorphic AI computations on sensor level without digitalizing analog signals.

1Direct analog /digital signal input

2POLYN’s neuromorphic architecture processes input signals in a true parallel asynchronous mode providing unprecedented low latency and low power consumption. Calculations do not require CPU usage or memory access.

3NASP can use a pre-trained artificial neural network from any major ML framework (such as Tensor Flow, PyTorch, MXNet etc.) for the neuromorphic representation resulting in exceptional precision and accuracy.

DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
PROTOTYPE NEURAL NET MODEL
NEURAL NET TRAINING AND CONVERSION
NN is provided by the customer or POLYN assists the customer in NN selection
Fully functionable math model of NN
Data collection and training process
The customer accepts the final functionality of the trained NN
SYNTHESIS
NETLIST FOR THE TARGET CAD
Convert the trained NN to Netlist for CAD and generate the neurons library
Build CAD model of NASP block
Verification of the NASP CAD model and the NN model conformity
IMPLEMENTATION
THE CHIP PRODUCTION
Generate the final layout and GDSII format for a target Node and Fab

Hi FMF
Something funny about these guys. Some of the links on their website too partners do not work and as I dig deeper they do not actually seem to have products using their technology which I think is all software based despite some of the wording used in their marketing. I will keep digging but at the moment there does seem to be more marketing than substance.

In due course @Diogenese will no doubt do a deep patent dive but this is one of the other intriguing things nowhere can I find any mention about having patents protecting their technology not even applications in play which is normally what I would expect to see from these very early stage companies.

They have a link to the EUHuman Brain Project but going there reveals not a lot if anything about them and if they had exclusively licenced their technology from them once again I would have expected them to mention this somewhere. They only commenced as a startup in 2019 and at the beginning of 2020 they were crowing about having this product which seems amazingly little time to have beaten everyone in the world to solving all the known issues with analogue???

My opinion only but more research to do so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
S

Straw

@Fact Finder
Maybe there is a question there for the AGM.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Hi FMF
Something funny about these guys. Some of the links on their website too partners do not work and as I dig deeper they do not actually seem to have products using their technology which I think is all software based despite some of the wording used in their marketing. I will keep digging but at the moment there does seem to be more marketing than substance.

In due course @Diogenese will no doubt do a deep patent dive but this is one of the other intriguing things nowhere can I find any mention about having patents protecting their technology not even applications in play which is normally what I would expect to see from these very early stage companies.

They have a link to the EUHuman Brain Project but going there reveals not a lot if anything about them and if they had exclusively licenced their technology from them once again I would have expected them to mention this somewhere. They only commenced as a startup in 2019 and at the beginning of 2020 they were crowing about having this product which seems amazingly little time to have beaten everyone in the world to solving all the known issues with analogue???

My opinion only but more research to do so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks FF

Hadn't had much chance to dig into myself so appreciate team having a look.

Came up in a quick search and didn't know if already been looked into.

Wondered if they were using our IP to get products put there.

Top Bottom