BRN Discussion Ongoing

njoy84

Hello,
Ive been a long time lurker now and just wanted to hop in and share an intresting article in the space of quantum computers.
Its not releated to BRN but nevertheless i think its an interessting read in this space. Physicists have now presented the first quantum memristor it could connect the world of artificial intelligence and quantum physics.

https://vcq.quantum.at/blog/2022/03/28/artificial-neurons-go-quantum-with-photonic-circuits/

greetings from Vienna

Reactions: 3 users

Slade

Top 20
Like most Chippers, I believe Brainchip's Akida will prove to be the right technology at the right time.
Many of us have grown fairly confident that Valeo is somehow using Akida together with their Lidar system , and therefore will be used as such in future Mercedes cars. Such confidence is hardly surprising given that Valeo and Brainchip's collaboration on ADAS development was the subject of an official announcement nearly 2 years ago.
During the launch of their new Lidar system, Valeo was asked if they were using Akida........many of us believe that the look of surprise on the presenter's face spoke volumes. They could have said no, but they didn't, preferring to say they might reveal further details in the future. On top of that, it has been announced that Valeo will provide Mercedes with their next generation Lidar. Mercedes has also recently mentioned that they have used Akida in their new concept car's voice command system, and seemed to suggest that it was not the only system that was going to benefit from Akida. Mercedes gave high praise for Akida and the great power savings that it provides.

The link below is to a study that argues in favour of SNN chips to process automotive radar. The study claims to 'prove the general applicability of SNNs for automotive radar processing and sustains the prospect of energy-efficient realizations in automated vehicles'. (April 1, 2022)
The report references Loihi 2, but we know that's a research chip. The other chip they talk about is SpiNNaker2, which I believe is still being developed. Whose SNN chip is on the market now?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Pmel

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 4 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Saw it on Facebook posted by another user. Looks like we are part of of a ETF? What do you guys reckon.

Morning Preetmel,

Great find & cheers for sharing.

BRN ordinary shares appear to be their third largest holding within their ETF account @ 3.84% Of their diversified holdings.
As of 31.1.2022.

Wisdom Tree appear to hold Australian BRN stock & not the American / German stock, no doubt due to the greater liquidity.

Long only fund, which is great.

Wisdom Tree domiciled in Ireland.

* State Street Custodial Services ( Ireland) Ltd.

31.1.2022 funds under management $ 381 million €.

Great find once again.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
Reactions: 43 users

Pmel

Regular
Morning Preetmel,

Great find & cheers for sharing.

BRN ordinary shares appear to be their third largest holding within their ETF account @ 3.84% Of their diversified holdings.

Wisdom Tree appear to hold Australian BRN stock & not the American / German stock, no doubt due to the greater liquidity.

Great find once again.

Regards,
Esq.

No worries mate. Learning the techniques from you guys.🙂

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Is Akida catching a ride with Artemis 1?

Screenshot_20220404-075514_Chrome.jpg

Or its too early to dream on a Monday morning 😁

It's great to be a shareholder.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Is Akida catching a ride with Artemis 1?

View attachment 3746
Or its too early to dream on a Monday morning 😁

It's great to be a shareholder.
I'm dreaming 24/7 ..... ;););)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
No worries mate. Learning the techniques from you guys.🙂
Yes great find generously shared. While retail panicked ‘those with Wisdom accumulated.’

Sorry just had to say it. LOL

Using the figures supplied by @Esq111 it seems they have thrown over $25 million AUD at BRN to acquire their holding.

Remember this Fund is not obliged to buy on the ASX and it appears BRN is the only Aussie company they rate highly enough to take a position.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Flenton

Regular
For those that know how to read the financials and the affects it has on share prices.
If this quarter we show close to breaking even or actually making a profit would this have much influence on the share price or the amount of people / institutions looking to invest? or would most require consecutive profits before taking a bigger interest and diving in?

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Hi Luppo,

We have looked at Syntiant a few times. If you use the Search tab, top right, you can catch up on the discussion.

The funny thing is that Syntiant may possibly be using Akida IP because the claims of their patent application

WO2020028693A1 SENSOR-PROCESSING SYSTEMS INCLUDING NEUROMORPHIC PROCESSING MODULES AND METHODS THEREOF

which uses a low power watchdog NN to detect speech and a classifier NN to interpret speech were found to be anticipated by BrainChip's

US2017229117A1 LOW POWER NEUROMORPHIC VOICE ACTIVATION SYSTEM AND METHOD

However, we have to leave it up to BrainChip's patent attorneys to determine if there is any infringement ... or maybe they have taken an Akida IP licence?

Syntiant:
View attachment 3733

Syntiant Patent Office search report:

View attachment 3732

########################################################################
BrainChip:
View attachment 3734
I have been reading a bit about Syntiant and I think the original venture capitalists are pumping this hard to take it public second half 2022.

So my random thought based on a little knowledge which of course is dangerous going public with a patent breach hanging over your head would not be a great look so how do you resolve that quickly?

Renesas has a licence to use AKIDA IP. You offer Renesas a deal. You pull your patent application and then you can file clean documents with the SEC and the IPO proceeds and everyone laughs all the way to the Bank of America.

My opinion and speculation only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Build-it

Regular
Hi Luppo,

We have looked at Syntiant a few times. If you use the Search tab, top right, you can catch up on the discussion.

The funny thing is that Syntiant may possibly be using Akida IP because the claims of their patent application

WO2020028693A1 SENSOR-PROCESSING SYSTEMS INCLUDING NEUROMORPHIC PROCESSING MODULES AND METHODS THEREOF

which uses a low power watchdog NN to detect speech and a classifier NN to interpret speech were found to be anticipated by BrainChip's

US2017229117A1 LOW POWER NEUROMORPHIC VOICE ACTIVATION SYSTEM AND METHOD

However, we have to leave it up to BrainChip's patent attorneys to determine if there is any infringement ... or maybe they have taken an Akida IP licence?

Syntiant:
View attachment 3733

Syntiant Patent Office search report:

View attachment 3732

########################################################################
BrainChip:
View attachment 3734

Well, Syntiant are definitely up to something - with funding from Renesas.

Extract - March 29, 2022

Syntiant develops computer chips for edge AI applications that span a range of consumer and industrial applications. The company announced Monday the closure of a $55 million funding round from investors including Renesas Electronics Corporation, Millennium Technology Value Partners and Mirae Asset Capital. The new capital brings its total funding amount to over $100 million.

March 29, 2022

Well, Syntiant are definitely up to something - with funding from Renesas.

Extract - March 29, 2022

Syntiant develops computer chips for edge AI applications that span a range of consumer and industrial applications. The company announced Monday the closure of a $55 million funding round from investors including Renesas Electronics Corporation, Millennium Technology Value Partners and Mirae Asset Capital. The new capital brings its total funding amount to over $100 million.

March 29, 2022

From memory BRN has mentioned in the past they would be very selective with who they would collaborate with and may even have policies with renases and megachips stating where their AKIDA IP can be used.

IMO This no doubt will open the door to other company's who may not be so selective for eg Syntiant are a private company backed by investors who let's say may have lost their moral compass and may have even tried to get in with BRN only to be told thanks but no thanks.

This could also be why renesas have invested with syntiant to gain exposure in markets where BRN is unwilling to go.

We know this evergrowing pie in AI at the Edge is huge I mean I struggle to keep up with the future projections due to how many sector's and future sectors will be disrupted and as has been mentioned we only need 1% to have success as investors/stakeholders.

FWIW I'm all in on BRN a unique company with a strong moral compass that will benefit the company's it chooses to work with, there would be nothing worse imo to partner up with a company or country that has an adverse affect on BRN.

Edge Compute.

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Luppo71

Founding Member
I have been reading a bit about Syntiant and I think the original venture capitalists are pumping this hard to take it public second half 2022.

So my random thought based on a little knowledge which of course is dangerous going public with a patent breach hanging over your head would not be a great look so how do you resolve that quickly?

Renesas has a licence to use AKIDA IP. You offer Renesas a deal. You pull your patent application and then you can file clean documents with the SEC and the IPO proceeds and everyone laughs all the way to the Bank of America.

My opinion and speculation only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Good morning FF,

That sounds like a plan to me mate .

GLTA
Luppo71

Reactions: 10 users

Ladro

Reactions: 6 users

Ladro

D4868805-C416-473B-AECD-6F83D5DB2B20.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 35 users
I just love sunny Mondays.

I also love finding research papers that confirm the Brainchip’s assessment it is about three years ahead of the competition with AKD1000.

The following research paper part funded by DARPA confirms that you can successfully convert ANN/CNN to run on SNN without significant loss of accuracy and take advantage of the SNN advantages.

What a pity for these researchers that Brainchip had a patent bubbling away in the US Patent Office that popped out a few months later and had a commercial chip in hand, IP and MetaTF in the market place and signed commercial contracts and NASA already decided to run with AKIDA hardened on 90nm. (This NASA bit is my opinion.)

Another thing I love is the saying “those with Wisdom accumulate BRN”.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

ndefries

Regular

Attachments

• WT.jpg
    WT.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Chilling

That is great news exactly what shareholders need to see support from major funds thankyou.

Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom