BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Small power footprint is a necessity moving forward....

"Swart tells me that the Snapdragon AR2 Gen 1 chipset was designed for devices that will send only around 1 Watt of power or less to the CPU.

Compare that to today’s smartphones. The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset can draw almost 15 Watts of power. Mobile chipsets in laptops and tablets can draw 25 Watts or more. An Intel i9 processor draws 45 Watts. Qualcomm started with the idea that wearable computers will only consume 1 Watt of power for processing, and maybe everything on board."

"These glasses will sense and interact with your environment. They will have six degrees of freedom in detecting movement, so they will be able to sense if you move side to side, lean over, or rotate your head. They will have a variety of sensors, cameras, speakers, and other ways of communicating with you and the world around you."

Sounds like a recipe for mal de mer.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Damo4

Regular
main implication for BRN is that Qualcomm will not be adopting Akida any time soon. That said, their ViT patent seems very clunky:

Riperoni 💀

But I guess we still have hope that customers will work alongside both companies, similar to the slide shared by Chapman:
Edit: not sure if I'm correctly linking posts?
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-376080

img_3936-png.46283

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
Interesting white paper to download from Nvisio site

Attachments

• DB883499-1A65-49C4-98AC-040617B2C240.jpeg
    DB883499-1A65-49C4-98AC-040617B2C240.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I heard an interesting story the other day which I thought I would share.

A guy named Sean dreamt of getting his bus license when he was younger and thought that driving a bus would be fun and relatively easy. :cautious:

He finally got his license and his first job was to drive some people to an exciting destination which was run by artificial intelligence called Telsonville. Everyone on the bus was very excited about the journey they were about to embark on. At first the trip was going well and Sean seemed confident in his driving abilities. However, out of the blue the tip of an iceberg appeared which he dramatically crashed into. Unfortunately, not everyone survived and those that did are now suffering a long and painfull recovery. Some may never recover :unsure:

Since the crash, earlier this year, Sean has not been seen driving his bus and is rarely seen at all! Occasionally, say every 3 months or so, he does venture out to the local cocktail bar. He can be seen there drinking his favourite cocktail, an Akida. This is an interesting drink made up of unusual ingredients that no one can quite work out. He will often ask people to try an Akida but most are not quite sure what to make of it. A couple of people have liked it and over time they have added their own ingredients. However, the drink hasn't quite taken off and sales at cocktail bars worldwide are slow. :(

During the periods that Sean cannot be seen he spends most of his time playing board games, his favourite being a game called Brainchip. The board is full of interesting characters, but they don't really do much. I guess it's time for the creators of the game to look at replacing them with more interactive characters that do a lot more? ;)
[/QUOTE. I think the lemon 🍋 that accompanies Sean’s cocktail is like a BRN share . Someone is continually squeezing the juice out of it

Reactions: 1 users

jtardif999

Regular
I bought back in at 19c yesterday. I don’t know why on reflection…

Just read again the CEOs address at the AGM..

Not sure there’s a lot of clarity in terms of specifics about partnerships vs IP engagements or any integration of both.

The last paragraph reads:

“Commercially, we finally have the team and processes in place to engage broadly and deeply. We will aggressively market, partner and sell globally over the next 12 months; and while the transformation will never fully complete, it has put us in a much better position to win engagements.

We are doing the right things; the market is coming, and I’m confident that substantial sustainable revenues will occur.”

5 months since that address.. 2x financials- H12023 $115k revenue
Q3 2023 $27k receipts.

Head of Sales resigned.
The only substantial $$ coming are to executives.

Just holding the best paid small cap CEO to his words..

Could also pull him up on the worst economic downturn he mentioned in the tech sector in his time.. Sorry Sean, that was just a technical recession..

One poster shared a Scott Galloway video yesterday paraphrasing,

“even though there’s been a retraction in employee levels over the short term, it’s only a small retraction from what was a huge growth in employment in the tech sector.”

My opinion:
Good luck Sean when we hit the next real depression in 5 years time, not a technical recession that was a blip.. A global depression that will take 4-5 years to recover from, if not longer..

BRN will need to be a wholesale name and one of the top few Edge AI companies to survive that incoming economic onslaught..

People have to start waking up to the fact this company may not be what you think it is and what it hypes itself as..

If the same narrative keeps rolling in, 6c is coming and then carnage.. So don’t for one minute think the bottom is in with BRN.. It can still go a lot lower.

Hence I don’t know why I FOMO bought back in again…

Must be stupid..
Imo your post indicates that you haven’t bought back in just yet. Perhaps you could show the proof of your buy back, otherwise I remain skeptical about your intentions.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

jtardif999

Regular
Toys are a much underestimated market and much easier to get a product "right" or near enough..

I mean who cares if it says "I love you" to the little Shih Tzu, tearing it to shreds..
It might be also able to say ‘I hate you’

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jk6199

Regular
Just had a look at the number of shares traded today, under one million nearly 3 hours in?

That must be the lowest amount for a while that I can remember?

Reactions: 12 users
Just a recent article on some neuromorphic product movement in visual perception.

I'm curious on SiLC and who they using if is neuromorphic as per the crux of the article.

Is neuromorphic computing the future of visual perception in machines?​

Oct 26, 2023, 5:37 pm EDT | Abhishek Jadhav
CATEGORIES Biometric R&D | Biometrics News | Facial Recognition
Is neuromorphic computing the future of visual perception in machines?

Technology companies specializing in compact, energy-efficient edge computing devices are actively working to enhance their devices’ capabilities to enable visual perception in machines for applications like facial recognition. Typically, visual perception demands significant computational resources when deployed remotely on edge devices, leading to reduced latency and the ability to make real-time decisions.
Historically, the conventional use of deep learning and machine learning neural hardware, along with GPUs, has shown inefficiency in terms of energy consumption, especially when deployed near the network edge where data originates.
In response to this challenge, neuromorphic computing emerged as a solution, offering a form of artificial intelligence inspired by the human brain’s information processing methods. Using neuromorphic computing enables companies to create edge devices with a strong focus on energy efficiency, even while managing demanding AI workloads.

BrainChip partners with VVDN to develop Edge Box based on neuromorphic technology​

BrainChip, a company known for its neuromorphic computing, has collaborated with VVDN Technologies, an electronics engineering and manufacturing firm, to create an Edge Box based on neuromorphic computing technology. This product is geared towards delivering advanced AI capabilities and finding applications in diverse domains such as security surveillance, automotive, and industrial use cases.
According to BrainChip, the Edge Box is designed to enable customers to deploy edge artificial intelligence applications in a cost-effective manner. Organizations can leverage the power of AI on edge devices for monitoring and security applications across various industries, offering a significantly more efficient and effective alternative to traditional approaches.
The Edge Box is a compact device with the capacity to execute AI models that support tasks like video analytics, facial recognition, and object detection. Leveraging the BrainChip Akida processor, known for its high performance, low power consumption, and scalable architecture, the Edge Box can be a suitable device for edge AI solutions.
“This portable and compact Edge box is a game-changer that enables customers to deploy AI applications cost-effectively with unprecedented speed and efficiency to proliferate the benefits of intelligent compute,” says Sean Hehir, chief executive officer at BrainChip.

Prophesee develops GenX320 event-based Metavision sensor for always-on area monitoring systems​

Prophesee has unveiled GenX32, an event-based Metavision sensor, with the aim of enhancing its integration and user-friendliness within edge-embedded vision systems, such as AI accelerators and edge system-on-chips. The primary focus of development has centered around optimizing event data pre-processing and formatting, ensuring compatibility with data interfaces, and facilitating low-latency connectivity to various processing platforms, including energy-efficient neuromorphic processors.
The company highlights specific use cases for this sensor, such as eye-tracking for human-machine interfaces, safety applications like driver monitoring systems (DMS), and emission detection. Additionally, it offers always-on capabilities for security and safety applications.
Prophesee uses event-based vision through its Metavision platform, representing a shift from conventional methods of acquiring and processing visual data, taking inspiration from the functioning of the human vision system. By using neuromorphic techniques, Prophesee achieves efficiency and performance enhancements, resulting in enhancing safety, productivity, and the overall user experience across various vision-enabled systems in domains like consumer electronics, industrial settings, automotive applications, and more.
In contrast to traditional cameras, event sensors do not use one common acquisition rate (frame rate) for all pixels. Instead, each pixel independently determines when it samples data by reacting to changes in incident light levels. This approach offers several advantages, including rapid operation, efficient power utilization, minimal latency leading to faster response times, reduced data processing demands, and a high dynamic range. These qualities collectively render event sensors highly suitable for applications in the realm of security and beyond.
“We have built on our foundation of commercial success in other application areas and developed this new event-based Metavision sensor to address the needs of edge system developers with a sensor that is easy to integrate, configure and optimize for multiple compelling use cases in motion and object detection, presence awareness, gesture recognition, eye tracking, and other high growth areas,” says Luca Verre, chief executive officer and co-founder at Prophesee. These other areas could include face biometrics.

SiLC Technologies introduces Eyeonic Vision Systems for advanced machine vision​

SiLC Technologies has developed four distinct versions of the Eyeonic Vision System, each customized to enhance machine visual perception. These versions are optimized to address varying application needs, which demand vision capabilities across different distances.
In contrast to traditional machine vision systems that typically rely on conventional cameras for capturing static images, SiLC’s Eyeonic Vision Systems represent a more comprehensive and dynamic solution.
The Eyeonic Vision System uses FMCW (Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave) LiDAR technology, a sensor that uses laser light to measure distances and gather detailed environmental data. This capability enables the system to deliver real-time and precise information. To integrate the FMCW LiDAR sensor, the company has built a chip-integrated solution, which forms the core technology utilized within these vision systems.
“Since the launch of the Eyeonic Vision System, our collaboration with various OEMs revealed distinct vision requirements, necessitating multiple versions of our solution,” says Mehdi Asghari, chief executive officer and founder at SiLC Technologies.

Market growth for neuromorphic technology​

As per a report from Gartner, neuromorphic computing stands out as one of the four emerging technologies to reshape the industry landscape within three to eight years. Their report highlights the substantial influence neuromorphic computing will have on existing product offerings and market dynamics.
“The impact is likely to be significant, though, as neuromorphic computing is expected to disrupt many of the current AI technology developments, delivering power savings and performance benefits not achievable with current generations of AI chips,” the report says.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

BigDonger101

Founding Member
Can understand majority of the frustration.

If the share price was $1 and we had the exact same media releases and revenue figures, no one would be talking negatively about BRN.

I think majority of the negative posts are relating to decreasing share price, rather than the company itself. Majority are all in the same boat.

You can continue to post about CEO remuneration and lack of revenue, but it isn't going to change anything.

Understandable that people aren't going to be happy while losing money. As always, share price isn't indicative of a companies progress.

Things change very quickly without any revenue...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Easytiger

Regular
I bought back in at 19c yesterday. I don’t know why on reflection…

Just read again the CEOs address at the AGM..

Not sure there’s a lot of clarity in terms of specifics about partnerships vs IP engagements or any integration of both.

The last paragraph reads:

“Commercially, we finally have the team and processes in place to engage broadly and deeply. We will aggressively market, partner and sell globally over the next 12 months; and while the transformation will never fully complete, it has put us in a much better position to win engagements.

We are doing the right things; the market is coming, and I’m confident that substantial sustainable revenues will occur.”

5 months since that address.. 2x financials- H12023 $115k revenue
Q3 2023 $27k receipts.

Head of Sales resigned.
The only substantial $$ coming are to executives.

Just holding the best paid small cap CEO to his words..

Could also pull him up on the worst economic downturn he mentioned in the tech sector in his time.. Sorry Sean, that was just a technical recession..

One poster shared a Scott Galloway video yesterday paraphrasing,

“even though there’s been a retraction in employee levels over the short term, it’s only a small retraction from what was a huge growth in employment in the tech sector.”

My opinion:
Good luck Sean when we hit the next real depression in 5 years time, not a technical recession that was a blip.. A global depression that will take 4-5 years to recover from, if not longer..

BRN will need to be a wholesale name and one of the top few Edge AI companies to survive that incoming economic onslaught..

People have to start waking up to the fact this company may not be what you think it is and what it hypes itself as..

If the same narrative keeps rolling in, 6c is coming and then carnage.. So don’t for one minute think the bottom is in with BRN.. It can still go a lot lower.

Hence I don’t know why I FOMO bought back in again…

Must be stupid..
Based on your analysis …

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Imo your post indicates that you haven’t bought back in just yet. Perhaps you could show the proof of your buy back, otherwise I remain skeptical about your intentions.
1698378953904.png

Dumb buy.. FOMO.. lol..

Next level down again unless some IP deal or something price sensitive comes out of the woodwork.. I think my line in the sand is here..

If good things come they will likely have to come over the next 3-6months or I genuinely fear a 6c share price, and what comes with that.

So I will do what I shouldn’t and hold here come what may into May. A lot of holders have a lot more at stake than I so I wish you all well..

Tony graciously replied to an email.. Qtrly investor podcast is recorded as of today and out early Nov..

His email was level and positive with nothing that is unknown here. He’s well overdue for some positive feedback so let’s “hope” 😜 that BRN can deliver some results in the short to medium term as well as longer term..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Tony’s reply:

1698379961047.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 83 users
Based on your analysis …
Exactly.. It’s called the Costanza paradox.. Nothings working so do the opposite.. BRN by all metrics looks like it could go lower so you buy.. 🤣🤣

• Haha

The Pope

Regular
Thanks for sharing this correspondence.
Some may consider part of Tony’s response mildly price sensitive. Reading between the lines we need to stop talking about the SP for atleast a few months on this forum and only research on where BRN maybe getting revenue before the next AGM in May 24. Interesting times ahead but don’t get alot of confidence from Tony response that BRN management team will avoid a second strike

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

CWP

Regular
This reply says to me they are well aware without revenue before the next AGM, there WILL be a second strike and their well aware that won’t be good for the company or it’s shareholders.
It does have a positive tone to it, however “If we advert” and “Let’s hope it happens” still sound’s like he has a fair amount of doubt to me of any revenue in the short term.
All just my opinion, I’m in for the long haul anyway.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Thanks for sharing this correspondence.
Some may consider part of Tony’s response mildly price sensitive. Reading between the lines we need to stop talking about the SP for atleast a few months on this forum and only research on where BRN maybe getting revenue before the next AGM in May 24. Interesting times ahead but don’t get alot of confidence from Tony response that BRN management team will avoid a second strike
No worries..

Yeah I would not think there’s anything price sensitive there..

He’s on a bit of a hiding to nothing so I thought his response was quite level and well measured..

My take is the US market is a bit monopolised by the big players and they won’t really bite until they’re forced to..

Probably need a leg up from ARM and India seems the early adopter in an emerging market..

Reactions: 11 users
Hi Wilzy, I can’t see your posts anymore. So if you don’t get run over by a truck or a train, I genuinely wish you well…

• Haha

TECH

Regular
All this talk about a potential second strike, even asking Tony ?? of course he and the company in general don't want to see
shareholders punish the company and/or individuals in May next year, so 2.5 quarters basically...

Peter and Anil haven't sold a single share, Peter gifted around 3.5 million dollars for fantastic research into an illness that effected
him personally, I believe it was the largest or second largest donation ever to be received by the foundation.

OF COURSE OUR TEAM WISH TO SEE REVENUE RESULTS START TO RAMP UP !

Talk of second strikes is fear mongering, if you had bought in at 0.031 (think that was the true bottom) during the covid period you'd
be rather content at present, the brains of this company have employed staff to deliver and I believe that they will, but as many already
know, a lot of the decision making is out of Brainchip's hands and subject to other Boards of major companies deciding when it's the
right time to enter an agreement, many would be positioning themselves for an upturn on World Economies, which as any well read
person would know, things are currently on the slide everywhere.

"POSITIONING ONES SELF TO POUNCE WHEN THE DARK CLOUDS DISAPPEAR"

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine is, talking about premature second strikes is totally negative at this point in time.

Best regards....Tech 😌

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 36 users

BigDonger101

Founding Member
All this talk about a potential second strike, even asking Tony ?? of course he and the company in general don't want to see
shareholders punish the company and/or individuals in May next year, so 2.5 quarters basically...

Peter and Anil haven't sold a single share, Peter gifted around 3.5 million dollars for fantastic research into an illness that effected
him personally, I believe it was the largest or second largest donation ever to be received by the foundation.

OF COURSE OUR TEAM WISH TO SEE REVENUE RESULTS START TO RAMP UP !

Talk of second strikes is fear mongering, if you had bought in at 0.031 (think that was the true bottom) during the covid period you'd
be rather content at present, the brains of this company have employed staff to deliver and I believe that they will, but as many already
know, a lot of the decision making is out of Brainchip's hands and subject to other Boards of major companies deciding when it's the
right time to enter an agreement, many would be positioning themselves for an upturn on World Economies, which as any well read
person would know, things are currently on the slide everywhere.

"POSITIONING ONES SELF TO POUNCE WHEN THE DARK CLOUDS DISAPPEAR"

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine is, talking about premature second strikes is totally negative at this point in time.

Best regards....Tech 😌
Hi Tech. Agree with everything besides the ''buying the true bottom of 3.1 cents.''

If you bought the true bottom of any stock you'd be content because you are never in a loss position.

Cheers

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom