BRN Discussion Ongoing

Galaxycar

Regular
Cannot understand how management can think strike 1 was only in reference to share price, god if Tony reads these forums how many posts were in disgust about the free share they were issuing themselves for hitting imaginary target. Just like politicians head in the sand. Strike two is coming and the sooner the better

Meatloaf

Evening Meatloaf,

I want physical chips , silicone , a TANGIBLE PRODUCT , none of this annual subscription rubbish.

Regards,
Esq.
Yes I get that. But you said it yourself, how many billions are these other companies making?
That’s my whole point. To me, I would be quite content if Brn were making a billion or so on subscriptions, I don’t need the chip. 😊

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

McHale

Regular
Yep… I’ve steered well clear of options, especially in this macro climate and speccy shares…some do look very tempting But if they expire out of the money.. goodbye to your $$$$ 😢
c'est la vie

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Galaxycar

Regular
Manny,would it be crazy, management have sent a lot of mums and dads to close to the wall for comfort,the have treated us shareholders with contempt,I once rang up to complain about all the free share that management were receiving all I wanted to know is what targets were being meet to receive them, I got hung up on by Tony,since then I knew we would end up in the situation we are in.

Vladsblood

Regular
Only took me a bottle of red and a coupe of scotch's to come up with an idea of putting an Akida chip in my wife to stop her from whinging and making lists of things for me to do.:sneaky:;)
Better hope she doesn’t see this post 😂. Vlad

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Meatloaf

Hi beuna

I really don't want to see the current Board oustered at this stage, IMO they have not had enough time to implement their strategies, and in the meantime they have clearly been diligent building out their eco-system, this will require more time to bear fruit. My hope is that it is not too much more time before we see more income than the meagre pittance reported the other day

Another meantime scenario are all the NDA's and EAP's, and what goes or is going on with them, so many unknowns there, it's actually quite mind boggling, and I am fully boggled

I have been here 8 years, and I have to say that I am really pissed off about where the SP sits right now, having said that though, the way I remember it; is that LDN didn't really talk about the timing or length of runway to get Akida to the stage where it was actually being marketed in various companies products. LDN didn't really talk about eco-system either (that I remember), thats not to say that he didn't achieve some good outcomes, but IMO current management have a better plan and it shouldn't take too much longer before we know that they are actually able to implement their plan - or not, - if things aren't going better by next AGM there will be some unhappy SH'ers

If my memory serves me correct it was Sean H who actually first spoke to the design, engineering, fabrication and marketing runway - please correct me if I am wrong. But I am not going to tell anyone to be patient, because I am impatient for this thing to do something much better than what it is at the moment: but also know that if I am thinking about it all the time and start to get angry about it, then that is really not good for me, so I don't lose any sleep over BRN and I won't be going there - I pushed the buy buttons,
GLTAH
mc
Nobody wants to see the current board ousted, that would not go well for the company or the SH’s. But results are needed.
You can’t have people earning high salaries but not producing results.
Yes, Brn are building up an ecosystem and it takes time but revenue is desperately required in order for the company to remain fluid. Otherwise, more shares issued to LDA and more dilution of shares.
This is a time for Brn management to roll up their sleeves and get cracking.
Just my opinion

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Yes I get that. But you said it yourself, how many billions are these other companies making?
That’s my whole point. To me, I would be quite content if Brn were making a billion or so on subscriptions, I don’t need the chip. 😊

First post: Apr 26, 2023

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Meatloaf

First post: Apr 26, 2023
High Wilzy
I was on HC under Miles63. I’m not here to bash Brn. Go over to HC and see how much I’ve been arguing with the down rampers.
The reason why I stated what I stated is because Tech said some things that I didn’t agree with. I wanted to share my opinion. I’ve said nothing that most aren’t thinking.
I want Brn to succeed just as much as you or anyone else does.
I may not hold as much as some, I have 150,000 shares, but I still believe that I am entitled to a say.
I’m not here everyday down ramping so please don’t dismiss me the way you did.
GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Sorry Tech but I personally don’t agree with your arguments.
Firstly: Quoting that Peter and Anil haven’t sold any shares or that Peter sold shares for charity is irrelevant. We know that they are decent people. You seem too defensive over that.
Secondly: if you had of brought in at 0.031, well sorry to say most SH did not buy in that price range. Some brought in at 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 etc. You stating that is almost a slap in the face.
Thirdly: Brn have employed a lot of staff and yet we have seen revenue decline over the past 2 years, not increase. This does not sit well with a lot of SH’s, especially when remunerations are mentioned.
Fourthly: yes I agree that the world economy has been tough and that Brn have had to sail through some rough waters. It did not help that Akida 1 was pushed through and suddenly Brn realised that they had to go back to the redesign and alter according to feedback received. So basically they are now having to once again work with EAP’s with Akida 2. This has directly impacted the SP because when shorters got the whiff that Brn was not going to sign any new IP they went for hell and leather and today the price sits at 0.17.

Yes, I agree that it is premature to talk about second strike but Brn management must understand that the first strike was a message and that is that SH’s are expecting results. This happens to every company.

My opinion is that it is time for management to take it up a notch and get the IP sales. They have developed a great product but if they don’t get sales then that will mean nothing.

I will continue supporting Brn but I do want to see results. If by the next AGM the revenue has not improved dramatically then we will see a return to 0.031.
That’s just my opinion
GLTAH
Hi ML,

The Board can only change or influence things which are within their control or sphere of influence.

What would you have the board do differently to avoid the 2nd strike?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Getupthere

Regular

AI at the edge: Fast times ahead for 5G and the Internet of Things

AI algorithms running on edge devices now offer real-time insights and actions that can improve response times.

AerialPerspective Images/Getty Images

Connected devices linked to the Internet of Things (IoT) -- in association with 5G network technology -- are now everywhere. But just wait until next-generation applications, such as artificial intelligence (AI), start running within these edge devices. Meanwhile, the low latency and higher data speeds of 5G and IoT will add a new real-time dimension to AI.

Consider an extended reality (XR) headset that not only provides a 3D view of the inside of an aircraft engine, but which also has on-board intelligence to point you to problem areas or to information on anomalies in that engine, which are immediately and automatically recognized and adjusted.

Also: Ahead of AI, this other technology wave is sweeping in fast

Chipmakers are already developing powerful yet energy-efficient processors -- or "systems on a chip" -- that can deliver AI processing within a small footprint device. For instance, Qualcomm just announced AI-capable Snapdragon chips that run on smartphones and PCs. Also on the horizon are a generation of NeuRRAM chips, developed at the University of California San Diego, which are capable of running sizeable AI algorithms on smaller devices.

Overall, the global number of connected IoT devices is projected to surpass 29 billion by 2027, which is more than 16.7 billion at the present time, a recent analysis from zScaler shows. "Consumer devices are smart and most common, but business process-oriented IoT generated the most transactions," the report's authors point out. "Manufacturing and retail devices accounted for 50%-plus of transactions, highlighting their widespread adoption and business-critical function in these sectors. Enterprise, home automation, and entertainment devices are generating the highest counts of plaintext transactions."

Now, 5G and IoT technologies are opening new doors to innovation within AI -- and vice versa. AI "will be more effective when enabled with a local-level decision-making framework and with near real-time data," says Arun Santhanam, vice president and head of telecommunications at Capgemini Americas. "5G low latency innovation will be key for enabling the outcome of real-time data coming from relatively inexpensive IoT solutions."

Also: If AI is the future of your business, should the CIO be the one in control?

Most viable edge and AI use cases have been in the enterprise and IoT space, within industries such as healthcare and manufacturing, says Haifa El Ashkar, director of strategy of the telecommunications market and solutions at CSG. These companies "need to offer faster data transmission and real-time communication," he says. "5G's lower latency and faster processing capabilities, coupled with edge architectures, have proven crucial for applications that require quick decision making and responsiveness."

In healthcare, for example, "there are now AI-edge-supported medical devices such as laparoscopes, allowing surgeons to leverage real-time insights and make faster decisions on life-saving measures such as identifying anomalies that might otherwise have been missed or detecting bleeding in real time," says El Ashkar. "Without 5G, these industries would be unable to tap into edge networks and offer the services needed to meet the needs of powerful critical IoT uses cases such as these."

The proliferation of AI-enabled applications and services is also amplifying the power of 5G edge applications, El Ashkar continues. "When you combine the low latency of 5G networks and AI capabilities at the edge, enterprises can access real-time decision-making," he says. "With less time needed for data to travel back and forth between devices and data centers, AI algorithms running on edge devices are now offering real-time insights and actions that can improve response and increase the amount of valuable data available to the enterprise."

AI also improves connectivity, as it "can have a dramatic impact on the reliability and efficiency of wireless networks and enable new ways of staying connected," says Milind Kulkarni, vice president and head of InterDigital's Wireless Lab. "For example, the combination of 5G, cloud, and edge computing is crucial for empowering immersive experiences on new devices in more places and the development of connected ecosystems such as the metaverse. Innovations in 5G and computing capabilities help make these experiences a reality."

Also: Businesses need a new operating model to compete in an AI-powered economy

While more centralized environments -- cloud and data centers -- may provide computing power for immersive experiences, "they may be too far from where low-latency resources are located," says Kulkarni. "So, to take advantage of the ultra-low latency that is one of the key benefits of 5G, edge computing plays a vital role by offering smaller amounts of storage and computation much closer to the device where it's needed. In addition, edge computing can be customized to support specific use cases such as storing content for delivery of video on demand or running AI algorithms for fast decision making on incoming data."

XR is an area where the capabilities of 5G are being pushed to the limit. "Currently there is a large amount of ongoing work within 3GPP that is focused on enhancing current networks to be more aware of and better support XR traffic," says Kulkarni. "XR pushes the limits of 5G in terms of latency at very high data rates, efficient video coding and network architecture, for example by taking advantage of edge computing's benefits."

5G's high speeds and low latency "will be required for industries to transition into the next stage of digital transformation," says El Ashkar. "This is critical to industries such as supply chain, healthcare and manufacturing, where increasingly more AI-infused and connected devices are becoming vital to daily operations."

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
High Wilzy
I was on HC under Miles63. I’m not here to bash Brn. Go over to HC and see how much I’ve been arguing with the down rampers.
The reason why I stated what I stated is because Tech said some things that I didn’t agree with. I wanted to share my opinion. I’ve said nothing that most aren’t thinking.
I may not hold as much as some, I have 150,000 shares, but I still believe that I am entitled to a say.
GLTAH
Don't listen to Wilzy123 buddy he is the local clown.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Damo4

Regular
The last AGM we had our 'First strike' so would seriously want to avoid a 'second strike'

What is the 'two-strikes' rule?​

The ‘two-strikes’ law is designed to hold directors accountable for executive salaries and bonuses. It means an entire company board can face re-election if shareholders disagree with how much executives are being paid. The law is an amendment to the Corporations Act and came into effect on July 1, 2011.

FIRST STRIKE
The ‘first strike’ occurs when a company’s remuneration report — which outlines each director’s individual salary and bonus — receives a ‘no’ vote of 25 per cent or more by shareholders at the company’s annual general meeting.

SECOND STRIKE
The ‘second strike’ occurs when a company’s subsequent remuneration report also receives a ‘no’ vote of 25 per cent or more.

When a ‘second strike’ occurs, the shareholders will vote at the same AGM to determine whether all the directors will need to stand for re-election. If this ‘spill’ resolution passes with 50 per cent or more of eligible votes cast, then a ‘spill meeting’ will take place within 90 days.

SPILL MEETING
At the spill meeting, those individuals who were directors when the directors’ report was considered at the most recent AGM will be required to stand for re-election (other than the managing director, who is permitted to continue to run the company).

IDEA BEHIND THE LAW

RELATED ARTICLE​

Directors face "second strike"

The reform is intended to provide an additional level of accountability for directors and increased transparency for shareholders. Where a company receives significant ‘no’ votes on its remuneration report over two consecutive years, and has not adequately addressed concerns raised by shareholders, it is appropriate for the board to be held accountable through a re-election process.

Thanks for posting this, I was about to Google what it would entail.

I genuinely couldn't think of anything worse than losing any of the talented board members we have.
If people think voting it down, then having them re-elected any way as a middle-finger message is going to help you're on another planet.
When they are already under criticism for performance I couldn't imagine they SP should any of them be cast out.
Given the majority of the histeria stems the SP more than the company engaging with current/potential clients, I Believe with 99.99% certainty we wouldn't be having this conversation if the SP was closer to $1.

It's getting pathetic now, if it's not out of your system, maybe drop your final say and let's move on.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

chapman89

Founding Member
High Wilzy
GLTAH
I may be wrong but revenue has actually increased year over year?

Sean said lumpy revenue, it’s happening.
The company has been partnering with 1-2 companies every month, clearly stating they will adopt akida. They will not buy a board and simply evaluate it, they said they will adopt and drive akida into products.

Development cycles takes time with IP, 2-3-4 years, it is not Brainchips role to update at every achievement of their partners that they make and announce where they are up to!
An example, Renesas/Meagchips license the IP, Brainchip would not be allowed to tell shareholders exactly where they are up to in the cycle, that is up to Renesas.
Brainchips hands are tied running with the IP model, it is simply not up to Brainchip when all the boxes are ticked with prototype, design, test, implement, production with those companies to announce everything.

Sean stated at the AGM that one of their licensees would have akida in commercial products “hopefully” this year.
Now let me ask you all, if there’s been delays, is that Brainchips fault? Absolutely not.

As Antonio said, you don’t hear what’s being designed into the iPhone 16 or the Galaxy S26, it’s just not how it works. Yes some less sophisticated companies may announce things, but most won’t. We all need to get used to it otherwise our money is best invested elsewhere.

Let me say this, let’s say Brainchip was a private company not listed on a stock exchange, and we looked at Brainchips technology, the board/management, the massive growing ecosystem which is 1-2 a month, the industries in which these companies are involved in and service, the recognition we and neuromorphic are getting, would we be complaining? No we wouldn’t.
Show me another neuromorphic company that has the ecosystem we have? Show me another neuromorphic company that has the experience of the board we have?
No other company has what we have.

People are using Chris stevens departure as some type of negative? How is it a negative?? Look at his employment history, it wasn’t exactly stable to begin with and at the end of the day he was in it for money, he clearly got a better offer at Untether AI and good luck to him, maybe he couldn’t handle selling IP? He never sold Neuromorphic IP before, nor has anybody in the world for that matter.

When Nandan left Amazon did that mean Amazon was a bad sign for Amazon? NO.

When Duy-Loan left Texas Instruments did that mean it’s a bad sign for Texas Instruments? NO.

When Rob Todd Antonio Nandan and our Japanese Sales guy all left ARM at different stages did that mean it was a bad sign for ARM? NO!!

When our recent product development manager just left Facebook (Meta) and joined Brainchip does that mean that it’s looking bad for Meta? NO.

When Sean left Hewitt Packer (HP) as Global Ecosystem boss and joined Brainchip did that mean that HP was going under? NO.

People leave their jobs for all sorts of reasons.
People need to stop looking at Chris stevens departure with the eyes of a shareholder and start looking at it like he got a better opportunity which he did!!

This argument and the same people on this forum who keep projecting their emotional insecurity of their investment are just that, emotional.

I just read a post above that the share price may go to 6 cents? Please let it go to 6 cents.
With Renesas coming to market in the next few months, large tier ones working on driving akida into applications, with akida being rocketed into space in January, with neuromorphic being written about more and more and with the technology and board and ecosystem that Brainchip have and growing, I’ll keep buying shares and reap the rewards, whilst others suffer in fear.

People actually think that it’s like selling a new energy drink to the servo or the convenience store, we are talking about a technology that is ahead of its time, never been worked on before until recently.

Ill take my chances with Brainchip over any other neuromorphic company out there.

Let me say it again, if Brainchip was not a publicly listed company, and we knew the rapidly growing ecosystem, the partners we have, the multiple different industries, the experience of the board & management we have, the technology, the growing recognition, the soon to hit the market in mass volume mcu’s containing akida and everything else, we would be jumping for joy, only question we all want to know is how long is it going to take, but it is a wait I am happy to endure.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 127 users

Meatloaf

Hi ML,

The Board can only change or influence things which are within their control or sphere of influence.

What would you have the board do differently to avoid the 2nd strike?
Hi D
Yes, I fully agree, the Board can only do so much. However, the Board has the power to apply pressure to the CEO and upper management to ensure results are achieved.
As I have stated, no one wants a second strike but the first strike was a clear message to the board, time to get things rolling.
Don’t get me wrong, I read a lot about Brn and the ecosystem they are forming, I am not naive and understand that it takes time.
I first brought shares in Brn in mid 2020. Since then I have been accumulating as the price has gone up and as it’s gone down. But I can tell you that I was not fortunate to buy at 0.031 as Tech stated and that was why I responded to his post. And I can tell you that if by the next AGM we do not see revenue, the shorters will apply so much pressure on the SP that it will drop to under 5 cents.
The problem with that is when the company requires funding, what happens then? How many shares do you have to offer at 5cents to raise millions to keep the company going?

Please don’t think that I’m trying to spread negativity, I’m not. When I read Tech’s post, it was too defensive and quite insulting. I had to react.

I still go on HC to read the rubbish that’s being posted to gauge the negativity towards Brn. This is not to transfer it here but to understand what gives shorters/down rampers fuel. Certainly the lack of revenue has provided enough fuel. I have done my bit, on HC, to argue with them and stick up for Brn.

I come on here and read about the positives that Brn are achieving. But we as SH’s should not become complacent. We have every right to demand results. I do not see a problem with that.
Just my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Thanks for posting this, I was about to Google what it would entail.

I genuinely couldn't think of anything worse than losing any of the talented board members we have.
If people think voting it down, then having them re-elected any way as a middle-finger message is going to help you're on another planet.
When they are already under criticism for performance I couldn't imagine they SP should any of them be cast out.
Given the majority of the histeria stems the SP more than the company engaging with current/potential clients, I Believe with 99.99% certainty we wouldn't be having this conversation if the SP was closer to $1.

It's getting pathetic now, if it's not out of your system, maybe drop your final say and let's move on.
This is exactly my biggest worry!

There would actually be nothing worse than losing any of our world class board, and then what will people do want?! Bring in graduate students who have just finished their electrical engineering degree and hope for the best lol??

People seem to forget that we are working in a field with limited experience, it is already hard to gain great staff, and we are competing with global behemoths such as Intel ARM NVIDIA Qualcomm and many others, so if we lose somebody from the board then what?
People cannot see past the share price.

I can just imagine if between now and the next AGM the company gained 2 more IP customers, Renesas hit the market with mass volume MCU’s, Valeo revenue, more and more partners, but the share price was only 48c, that people would still be saying to Sean, WHY IS THE SHARE PRICE ONLY 48c, you’ve got to do better .
But if we only announce one contract but the share price was 80 cents that people wouldn’t say anything…..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Hi D
Yes, I fully agree, the Board can only do so much. However, the Board has the power to apply pressure to the CEO and upper management to ensure results are achieved.
As I have stated, no one wants a second strike but the first strike was a clear message to the board, time to get things rolling.
Don’t get me wrong, I read a lot about Brn and the ecosystem they are forming, I am not naive and understand that it takes time.
I first brought shares in Brn in mid 2020. Since then I have been accumulating as the price has gone up and as it’s gone down. But I can tell you that I was not fortunate to buy at 0.031 as Tech stated and that was why I responded to his post. And I can tell you that if by the next AGM we do not see revenue, the shorters will apply so much pressure on the SP that it will drop to under 5 cents.
The problem with that is when the company requires funding, what happens then? How many shares do you have to offer at 5cents to raise millions to keep the company going?

Please don’t think that I’m trying to spread negativity, I’m not. When I read Tech’s post, it was too defensive and quite insulting. I had to react.

I still go on HC to read the rubbish that’s being posted to gauge the negativity towards Brn. This is not to transfer it here but to understand what gives shorters/down rampers fuel. Certainly the lack of revenue has provided enough fuel. I have done my bit, on HC, to argue with them and stick up for Brn.

I come on here and read about the positives that Brn are achieving. But we as SH’s should not become complacent. We have every right to demand results. I do not see a problem with that.
Just my opinion.
I know you’re genuine from the other site.
But what are you asking the board to do, put a gun to the CEO’s of the companies they’re engaged withs head & have them say sign now?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 26 users

Meatloaf

I know you’re genuine from the other site.
But what are you asking the board to do, put a gun to the CEO’s of the companies they’re engaged withs head & have them say sign now?
Fair enough Chapman I get your point. And by the way, you mention people leaving companies is not a concern and I agree.
But Let me ask you this:
Where do you see the SP mid next year if Brn do not show reasonable revenue?
How will they raise money to keep the company going if the SP is 5 cents?
These are genuine concerns. Currently there are approximately 1.727 billion shares issued. Some will argue, so what and that it will have no major impact in the long run. But it is still dilution.

Look, all I’m saying is that at the end of the day we as share holders should not become complacent. And we can’t have SH who brought in at under 10 cents expecting others to feel the same way. Nor should we automatically become defensive when someone states concerns. I’m not talking about the down ramping that goes on at HC but genuine discussions.

If you read my response to Tech, I believe that I did not state anything offensive but what I believed to be true.
That’s my honest opinion

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
Top Bottom