BRN Discussion Ongoing

hotty4040

Regular

Thanks Schnitzel lover for posting the reply.

Could you please explain what is meant by " 2nd strike " i.e. ( second strike ) that Tony refers to.

In fact also is there a " 1st strike " prior to the second strike. Would be nice to understand these terms ? for the uninitiated holders who are not au fey with this terminology. I certainly aren't currently.

Thanks in advance.

Akida Ballista >>>>> 1st strike - 2nd strike >>>> please explain <<<<<

hotty...

Reactions: 3 users

DK6161

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

manny100

Regular
In the wee small hours, I mis-posted this on the Talga thread: #947 :

For Qualcomm advocates:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/mobile/snapdragon/smartphones/mobile-ai

Our fastest and most advanced Qualcomm AI Engine has at its heart, the powerful Hexagon processor.​

The Qualcomm Hexagon processor is the most essential element of the Qualcomm AI engine. This year we added new architectural features to the heart of our AI Engine. Let’s dive into them.

With a dedicate power delivery system we can freely provide power to Hexagon adaptive to its workload, activate the performance all the way up for heavy workloads or down to extreme power savings

We also added a special hardware to improve group convolution, activation function acceleration and doubled the performance of the Tensor accelerator

Our unique approach to accelerating complex AI models is by breaking down neural networks into micro tiles to speed up the inferencing process. This allows, the scalar, vector and tensor accelerators to work at the same time without having to engage the memory each time, saving power and time [#### ViT? ####]

We are now enabling seamless multi-IP communication effectively with Hexagon using a physical bridge. This link drives high bandwidth and low latency driven use cases like the Cognitive-ISP or upscaling of low resolution in gaming scenarios

We successfully enabled transformation of several DL models from FP32 to INT16 to INT8 while not compromising on accuracy and getting the added advantage of higher performance at lower memory consumption. Now we are pushing the boundaries with INT4 for even higher power savings without compromising accuracy or performance

I was sprung by @Proga.

I guess the main implication for BRN is that Qualcomm will not be adopting Akida any time soon. That said, their ViT patent seems very clunky:

WO2023049655A1 TRANSFORMER-BASED ARCHITECTURE FOR TRANSFORM CODING OF MEDIA 2021-09-27

Systems and techniques are described herein for processing media data using a neural network system. For instance, a process can include obtaining a latent representation of a frame of encoded image data and generating, by a plurality of decoder transformer layers of a decoder sub-network using the latent representation of the frame of encoded image data as input, a frame of decoded image data. At least one decoder transformer layer of the plurality of decoder transformer layers includes: one or more transformer blocks for generating one or more patches of features and determine self-attention locally within one or more window partitions and shifted window partitions applied over the one or more patches; and a patch un-merging engine for decreasing a respective size of each patch of the one or more patches.

View attachment 48181

[0112] As previously noted, systems and techniques are described herein for performing image and/or video coding (e.g., low latency encoding and decoding) using one or more transformer neural networks. The transformer neural networks can include transformer blocks and/or transformer layers that are organized according to, for example, the hyperprior architecture of FIG. 4 and/or the scale-space flow (SSF) architecture of FIG. 6B described below. For example, the four convolutional networks ga , gs, ha , and hs that are depicted in FIG. 4 can instead be provided as a corresponding four transformer neural networks, as will be explained in greater depth below.

[0113] In some examples, one or more transformer-based neural networks described herein can be trained using a loss function that is based at least in part on rate distortion. Distortion may be determined as the mean square error (MSE) between an original image (e.g., an image that would be provided as input to an encoder sub-network) and a decompressed/decoded image (e.g., the image that is reconstructed by a decoder sub-network). In some examples, a loss function used in training a transformer-based media coding neural network can be based on a trade-off between distortion and rate with a Lagrange multiplier. One example of such a rate-distortion loss function is L = D + * R, where D represents distortion, R represents rate, and different 0 values represent models trained for different bitrates and/or peak-signal- to-noise ratios (PSNR).

[0115] … a backpropagation training process can be used to adjust weights (and in some cases other parameters, such as biases) of the nodes of the neural network, e.g., an encoder and/or decoder sub-network, such as those depicted in FIGS. 5A and 5B, respectively). Backpropagation includes a forward pass, a loss function, a backward pass, and a weight update. In some examples, the loss function can include the rate-distortion-based loss function described above. The forward pass, loss function, backward pass, and parameter update can be performed for one training iteration. The process is repeated for a certain number of iterations for each set of training data until the weights of the parameters of the encoder or decoder sub-network are accurately tuned

So, when Akida 2 with ViT and TeNNs hits the streets, Qualcomm may need to review their isolationist policy.
When the Qualcomm processor was being developed AKIDA 2nd Gen would not have been available. Any phones containing AKIDA would likely be 2 years plus away. The lead times are pretty big and it would likely come (if it does) via Prophesse who have a multi year deal with Qualcomm.
At the 'Understanding BRN role in the AI revolution' interview in April 2023 around the 11.20 minute mark Sean talked about the different types of partners. He said If they (customers) want a Prophesse camera they want to know Brainchip works well with them.
This was said in relation to Technical partners. He also said if you want to buy a processor from ARM or Sci Fi you want to know Brainchip works well with them.
Explained in simple terms what Enablement partners means - BRN works well with them and Enablement partners means - BRN enables workloads, performance, power etc for clients who sell an end product. Worth another listen.
Back to Qualcomm near term no but medium/long term a good chance via Prophesse.
A lot of holders/posters do not fully grasp the enormity of lead times to get AKIDA into products that are released to the market.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users

Vladsblood

Regular
No worries..

Yeah I would not think there’s anything price sensitive there..

He’s on a bit of a hiding to nothing so I thought his response was quite level and well measured..

My take is the US market is a bit monopolised by the big players and they won’t really bite until they’re forced to..

Probably need a leg up from ARM and India seems the early adopter in an emerging market..
Maybe we would get better uptake and very quickly by offering to ChinaRussia instead of the slow woke drongos that are now dragging the chain for 3 years or more on the EAP’s !!! Vlad

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Vladsblood

Regular
All this talk about a potential second strike, even asking Tony ?? of course he and the company in general don't want to see
shareholders punish the company and/or individuals in May next year, so 2.5 quarters basically...

Peter and Anil haven't sold a single share, Peter gifted around 3.5 million dollars for fantastic research into an illness that effected
him personally, I believe it was the largest or second largest donation ever to be received by the foundation.

OF COURSE OUR TEAM WISH TO SEE REVENUE RESULTS START TO RAMP UP !

Talk of second strikes is fear mongering, if you had bought in at 0.031 (think that was the true bottom) during the covid period you'd
be rather content at present, the brains of this company have employed staff to deliver and I believe that they will, but as many already
know, a lot of the decision making is out of Brainchip's hands and subject to other Boards of major companies deciding when it's the
right time to enter an agreement, many would be positioning themselves for an upturn on World Economies, which as any well read
person would know, things are currently on the slide everywhere.

"POSITIONING ONES SELF TO POUNCE WHEN THE DARK CLOUDS DISAPPEAR"

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine is, talking about premature second strikes is totally negative at this point in time.

Best regards....Tech 😌
Best to give China/Russia a shot at our IP I think as they won’t sit on their lazy fat arses!! for3years plus!!!! Vlad

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Best to give China/Russia a shot at our IP I think as they won’t sit on their lazy fat arses!! for3years plus!!!! Vlad
We could give ALL the EAP’s a standard 30 days/1month to sign uptakes of our IP before offering to both Russia and China Vlad

• Fire
  • Haha

M_C

Founding Member

Screenshot_20231027_171635_LinkedIn.jpg

Reactions: 16 users

Vladsblood

Regular
One things for sure if we got uptake from both Russia and China revenue wouldn’t be a lazy Lumpy 27,000 per quarter that’s for sure!! 😂 Vlad

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Thanks Schnitzel lover for posting the reply.

Could you please explain what is meant by " 2nd strike " i.e. ( second strike ) that Tony refers to.

In fact also is there a " 1st strike " prior to the second strike. Would be nice to understand these terms ? for the uninitiated holders who are not au fey with this terminology. I certainly aren't currently.

Thanks in advance.

Akida Ballista >>>>> 1st strike - 2nd strike >>>> please explain <<<<<

hotty...
The last AGM we had our 'First strike' so would seriously want to avoid a 'second strike'

What is the 'two-strikes' rule?​

The ‘two-strikes’ law is designed to hold directors accountable for executive salaries and bonuses. It means an entire company board can face re-election if shareholders disagree with how much executives are being paid. The law is an amendment to the Corporations Act and came into effect on July 1, 2011.

FIRST STRIKE
The ‘first strike’ occurs when a company’s remuneration report — which outlines each director’s individual salary and bonus — receives a ‘no’ vote of 25 per cent or more by shareholders at the company’s annual general meeting.

SECOND STRIKE
The ‘second strike’ occurs when a company’s subsequent remuneration report also receives a ‘no’ vote of 25 per cent or more.

When a ‘second strike’ occurs, the shareholders will vote at the same AGM to determine whether all the directors will need to stand for re-election. If this ‘spill’ resolution passes with 50 per cent or more of eligible votes cast, then a ‘spill meeting’ will take place within 90 days.

SPILL MEETING
At the spill meeting, those individuals who were directors when the directors’ report was considered at the most recent AGM will be required to stand for re-election (other than the managing director, who is permitted to continue to run the company).

IDEA BEHIND THE LAW

RELATED ARTICLE​

Directors face "second strike"

The reform is intended to provide an additional level of accountability for directors and increased transparency for shareholders. Where a company receives significant ‘no’ votes on its remuneration report over two consecutive years, and has not adequately addressed concerns raised by shareholders, it is appropriate for the board to be held accountable through a re-election process.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

McHale

Regular
Not sure if this sheds any information on who the shorters are or not. Scroll down the page.

Hi Pom

Thanks but the info needed is who the instos are loaning shares to, because that would be your shorters at present, although that could change anytime because some options traders may also be looking at going long (call options) on BRN given the protracted/very mature nature of downtrend at present - depending.

Another possibility is that certain instos may be short (puts) BRN themselves ?? I don't know if it is possible to access this data.

Also with options trading apart from having to buy options in contract lots (usually 1,000 of the underlying per contract), it is also necessary to buy periodicity or your options duration, i.e. is it a 1 month option, 2 months 3 mths. 6mths, 12 mths, there is also a premium involved for options duration.

If your options are not in the money at end of duration you can lose all or most of your money. Options trading is a tricky business, the ones who make the most money are the instos and their market makers.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

manny100

Regular
All this talk about a potential second strike, even asking Tony ?? of course he and the company in general don't want to see
shareholders punish the company and/or individuals in May next year, so 2.5 quarters basically...

Peter and Anil haven't sold a single share, Peter gifted around 3.5 million dollars for fantastic research into an illness that effected
him personally, I believe it was the largest or second largest donation ever to be received by the foundation.

Talk of second strikes is fear mongering, if you had bought in at 0.031 (think that was the true bottom) during the covid period you'd
be rather content at present, the brains of this company have employed staff to deliver and I believe that they will, but as many already
know, a lot of the decision making is out of Brainchip's hands and subject to other Boards of major companies deciding when it's the
right time to enter an agreement, many would be positioning themselves for an upturn on World Economies, which as any well read

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine is, talking about premature second strikes is totally negative at this point in time.

Best regards....Tech 😌
If solid progress is being made and evident that AKIDA is being adopted despite little revenue it would be madness to 2nd strike.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Newk R

Regular
Maybe we would get better uptake and very quickly by offering to ChinaRussia instead of the slow woke drongos that are now dragging the chain for 3 years or more on the EAP’s !!! Vlad
We might get blown up 12 months later but we'd have plenty of sponduli to have fun with in that 12 months.
I don't mind going, but only if they take out the woke drongos first. I'd love a month or two without having to put up with their drivel.

• Haha

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hi Pom

Thanks but the info needed is who the instos are loaning shares to, because that would be your shorters at present, although that could change anytime because some options traders may also be looking at going long (call options) on BRN given the protracted/very mature nature of downtrend at present - depending.

Another possibility is that certain instos may be short (puts) BRN themselves ?? I don't know if it is possible to access this data.

Also with options trading apart from having to buy options in contract lots (usually 1,000 of the underlying per contract), it is also necessary to buy periodicity or your options duration, i.e. is it a 1 month option, 2 months 3 mths. 6mths, 12 mths, there is also a premium involved for options duration.

If your options are not in the money at end of duration you can lose all or most of your money. Options trading is a tricky business, the ones who make the most money are the instos and their market makers.
Yep… I’ve steered well clear of options, especially in this macro climate and speccy shares…some do look very tempting But if they expire out of the money.. goodbye to your $$$$ 😢

Reactions: 3 users

Vladsblood

Regular
Yep… I’ve steered well clear of options, especially in this macro climate and speccy shares…some do look very tempting But if they expire out of the money.. goodbye to your $$$$ 😢
Yep smart move atm away from options. Vlad

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Meatloaf

Best regards....Tech 😌
Sorry Tech but I personally don’t agree with your arguments.
Firstly: Quoting that Peter and Anil haven’t sold any shares or that Peter sold shares for charity is irrelevant. We know that they are decent people. You seem too defensive over that.
Secondly: if you had of brought in at 0.031, well sorry to say most SH did not buy in that price range. Some brought in at 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 etc. You stating that is almost a slap in the face.
Thirdly: Brn have employed a lot of staff and yet we have seen revenue decline over the past 2 years, not increase. This does not sit well with a lot of SH’s, especially when remunerations are mentioned.
Fourthly: yes I agree that the world economy has been tough and that Brn have had to sail through some rough waters. It did not help that Akida 1 was pushed through and suddenly Brn realised that they had to go back to the redesign and alter according to feedback received. So basically they are now having to once again work with EAP’s with Akida 2. This has directly impacted the SP because when shorters got the whiff that Brn was not going to sign any new IP they went for hell and leather and today the price sits at 0.17.

Yes, I agree that it is premature to talk about second strike but Brn management must understand that the first strike was a message and that is that SH’s are expecting results. This happens to every company.

My opinion is that it is time for management to take it up a notch and get the IP sales. They have developed a great product but if they don’t get sales then that will mean nothing.

I will continue supporting Brn but I do want to see results. If by the next AGM the revenue has not improved dramatically then we will see a return to 0.031.
That’s just my opinion
GLTAH

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Chippers ,

Idea for a money spinner ..

Most consumers if not all, annually have to pay for virus protection for their computers / flap tops.

1, Norton Life Lock , Norton's merged with AVAST mid 2022 in a deal worth $8,100,000,000.00 to $8,600,000,000.00USD
Roughly... in 2023 revinue of $3,300,000,000.00USD.

2, McAffe anti virus... bought out in March 1st 2022 for roughly $14,000,000,000.00USD
Bought by ADVENT International Corperation.
No longer a public listed co.
Whilst public ... in 2021 NET revenue for the year $2,000,000,000.00UDS
& had roughly 500,000,000 users.

So just the two main companys above annually generate something in the order of $5,300,000,000.00 USD . ANNUALLY IN SUBSCRIPTIONS much to the annoyance of consumers.

Well apparently BrainChip lists security as a selling point , University of Thrace, works to encript satellite data.

So imagine if you will ...

BrainChip created a in house product... a DONGLE thingi.

..plugs straight into a consumers computer via the USB port.
... either bypasses or has its own router, internet connection spliced into an AKIDA chip.
...all signals transmit through this plugged in dongle thingi in a highly secure , encrypted manner thereby saving the consumer the cost and annoyance annually of buying anti virus products.
... one time purchase.

Incredibly this only took 4 beers to imagine.

Love to know what our scientific advisory board members do , short of opening the odd toll gate , don't seem to hear boo out of them.

Have a good weekend all.

Regards,
Esq.

* only expect 8,500,000 fully paid shares.
. Trailing commission of 2.75% on annuall sales
.and a unlimited gift card at DanMurpys .
. Well go on then through in free medical & dental.

😃.

Attachments

• 20231027_184726.jpg
    20231027_184726.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 45 users

Meatloaf

Evening Chippers ,

Most consumers if not all, annually have to pay for virus protection for their computers / flap tops.

1, Norton Life Lock , Norton's merged with AVAST mid 2022 in a deal worth $8,100,000,000.00 to $8,600,000,000.00USD

2, McAffe anti virus... bought out in March 1st 2022 for roughly $14,000,000,000.00USD

So just the two main companys above annually generate something in the order of $5,300,000,000.00 USD . ANNUALLY IN SUBSCRIPTIONS much to the annoyance of consumers.

Well apparently BrainChip lists security as a selling point , University of Thrace, works to encript satellite data.

... either bypasses or has its own router, internet connection spliced into an AKIDA chip.
...all signals transmit through this plugged in dongle thingi in a highly secure , encrypted manner thereby saving the consumer the cost and annoyance annually of buying anti virus products.
... one time purchase.

Love to know what our scientific advisory board members do , short of opening the odd toll gate , don't seem to hear boo out of them.

Have a good weekend all.

Regards,
Esq.

😃.
I see where you’re going with this but I’m off the opinion that if they were going down that track then why not an anti-virus that can be downloaded from their website.
Just my thoughts

Newk R

Regular
Evening Chippers ,

... one time purchase.

Have a good weekend all.

Regards,
Esq.

😃.
Only took me a bottle of red and a coupe of scotch's to come up with an idea of putting an Akida chip in my wife to stop her from whinging and making lists of things for me to do.:sneaky:;)

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening Meatloaf,

I want physical chips , silicone , a TANGIBLE PRODUCT , none of this annual subscription rubbish.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire

McHale

Regular
The last AGM we had our 'First strike' so would seriously want to avoid a 'second strike'

What is the 'two-strikes' rule?​

The ‘two-strikes’ law is designed to hold directors accountable for executive salaries and bonuses. It means an entire company board can face re-election if shareholders disagree with how much executives are being paid. The law is an amendment to the Corporations Act and came into effect on July 1, 2011.

FIRST STRIKE
The ‘first strike’ occurs when a company’s remuneration report — which outlines each director’s individual salary and bonus — receives a ‘no’ vote of 25 per cent or more by shareholders at the company’s annual general meeting.

SECOND STRIKE
The ‘second strike’ occurs when a company’s subsequent remuneration report also receives a ‘no’ vote of 25 per cent or more.

When a ‘second strike’ occurs, the shareholders will vote at the same AGM to determine whether all the directors will need to stand for re-election. If this ‘spill’ resolution passes with 50 per cent or more of eligible votes cast, then a ‘spill meeting’ will take place within 90 days.

SPILL MEETING
At the spill meeting, those individuals who were directors when the directors’ report was considered at the most recent AGM will be required to stand for re-election (other than the managing director, who is permitted to continue to run the company).

IDEA BEHIND THE LAW

RELATED ARTICLE​

Directors face "second strike"

The reform is intended to provide an additional level of accountability for directors and increased transparency for shareholders. Where a company receives significant ‘no’ votes on its remuneration report over two consecutive years, and has not adequately addressed concerns raised by shareholders, it is appropriate for the board to be held accountable through a re-election process.
Hi beuna

I really don't want to see the current Board oustered at this stage, IMO they have not had enough time to implement their strategies, and in the meantime they have clearly been diligent building out their eco-system, this will require more time to bear fruit. My hope is that it is not too much more time before we see more income than the meagre pittance reported the other day

Another meantime scenario are all the NDA's and EAP's, and what goes or is going on with them, so many unknowns there, it's actually quite mind boggling, and I am fully boggled

I have been here 8 years, and I have to say that I am really pissed off about where the SP sits right now, having said that though, the way I remember it; is that LDN didn't really talk about the timing or length of runway to get Akida to the stage where it was actually being marketed in various companies products. LDN didn't really talk about eco-system either (that I remember), thats not to say that he didn't achieve some good outcomes, but IMO current management have a better plan and it shouldn't take too much longer before we know that they are actually able to implement their plan - or not, - if things aren't going better by next AGM there will be some unhappy SH'ers

If my memory serves me correct it was Sean H who actually first spoke to the design, engineering, fabrication and marketing runway - please correct me if I am wrong. But I am not going to tell anyone to be patient, because I am impatient for this thing to do something much better than what it is at the moment: but also know that if I am thinking about it all the time and start to get angry about it, then that is really not good for me, so I don't lose any sleep over BRN and I won't be going there - I pushed the buy buttons,
GLTAH
mc

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Top Bottom