BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hi ILL,

This is pretty much blue sky research and won't be out of the lab any time soon.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/neuromorphic-computing-ai-device

The scientists note that they fabricated their devices using semiconductor-foundry-compatible techniques, suggesting they might readily find use within the electronics industry. However, "the status of our research is in its infancy," Zhang says. "Much more work is required to fabricate large-scale integrated test circuitry with these devices."

It is also talking about analog NNs using memristors.

An adaptable new device can transform into all the key electric components needed for artificial-intelligence hardware, for potential use in robotics and autonomous systems, a new study finds.

It has an extraordinarily short shelf life - 1.6 million switching operations at 300 MHz is about 2 milliseconds, and the hydrogen ion in the perovskite only hangs about for 6 months. Hydrogen is notoriously itinerant and can penetrate many molecular lattices. Optical fibres often have a nitride cladding to prevent hydrogen penetration, as hydrogen has an absorption band in the desired laser wavelength.

The new device proved stable over 1.6 million cycles of switching between states. "Also, hydrogen ions remain in the device for a long period of time after its initial treatment—over six months—which is encouraging," Park says

Switching the function of millions of devices seems to me to be an enormously complicated exercise.

The scientists incorporated protons into perovskite nickelate. Electric pulses applied to this material could shuffle the protons [hydrogen ions] around within the material's lattice, altering its electronic properties. The researchers could electrically reconfigure a device made from this proton-doped perovskite nickelate into a resistor, a memory capacitor, a neuron, or a synapse on demand.
The versatility of this device "could simplify AI circuit design for complex computational tasks by avoiding an agglomeration of different functional units that are area- and power-consuming," says study colead author Michael Tae Joon Park, an electrical engineer and materials scientist at Purdue. Potential applications include robotics and autonomous systems, he notes.

In simulations using the new device in an artificial neural network, which mimics the structure of neurons in biological brains, the scientists found that the reconfigurable nature of the new device enabled the neural network "to make its decisions more efficiently, compared to conventional static networks, in complex and ever-changing environments," Zhang says

The researchers suggest their device could find use in grow-when-required networks, which are neural networks that can grow their computing power on demand. Similarly, such networks can shrink in size if the device detects nodes that are regularly inactive in order to become more efficient.

Akida is reconfigurable in that the library of models changes the weights of the neurons. I am not familiar with "grow-when-required networks", but Akida would seem to incorporate this capability in determining the number of layers and the weights of the neurons. For example, Akida 1000 uses far fewer nodes (4 NPUs) doing key word spotting than it uses in image classification.

Their reference to "conventional static networks" is a reference to analog NNs. Akida is not a "conventional static network". Making decisions may be more efficient, but what about the time/energy in reconfiguring the function of the devices in the whole network?

View attachment 3708
Thanks Dio,

Honestly I only understood maybe half of that, but I get the gist. Thank you for explaining the difference

Reactions: 4 users
I don't know if this has been posted before (youtube March 24, 2022). It's an Eastronics BrainChip Webinar. Despite the guys not being as smooth as Rob and Todd with Akida there are some interesting things covered. The Rob and Todd bit is not new at the start but the Eastronics guy and a French BrainChip engineer come on at around 38 mins. It's not too polished and a little frustrating at times. Interesting that he says you can buy the chip from MegaChips or Renesas in the form of some general purpose chip. He loses his internet connection but does the Akida demo at the end.

As I said the other day the demo at the end is a great add for why having a critical function in an EV being handed off to the web is a road map to the mortuary at 110 kph down hill on an expressway in the wet. The idea absolutely terrifies me given how many times a day my iPhone looses connection and I am only 17 kilometres from the heart of the CBD in Sydney.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Y

Yes , we were driving 4wd vehicles with bull bars. I agree the risk of impact through the windscreen is very high in low bonnet passenger cars.
The other thing to consider when a vehicle has a bull bar is the weight distribution and how it affects handling characteristics at speed straight on is a lot safer than attempting a sudden change of direction to avoid an animal. FF

Reactions: 4 users

Dhm

Regular
I don't know if this has been posted before (youtube March 24, 2022). It's an Eastronics BrainChip Webinar. Despite the guys not being as smooth as Rob and Todd with Akida there are some interesting things covered. The Rob and Todd bit is not new at the start but the Eastronics guy and a French BrainChip engineer come on at around 38 mins. It's not too polished and a little frustrating at times. Interesting that he says you can buy the chip from MegaChips or Renesas in the form of some general purpose chip. He loses his internet connection but does the Akida demo at the end.

I know BMW is on 'the wall' in the speculative users part, but the use of the Beemer at around 12 min 45 secs in the video hightens the likelihood of them being on board with us.

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Apropos of nothing, I feel very confident that LG know all about BrainChip's Akida, for the simple reason that Mercedes has revealed that LG was behind the infotainment screen in the Vision EQXX. This article states that "LG is also working with Mercedes for electric motors and ADAS technologies".

It would be completely unrealistic IMO for BrainChip, Mercedes and LG engineers to not to have worked in collaboration since (the way I understand it is), the only way that the operation of infotainment system reached such power efficiency was due to AKIDA.

LG Electrics...South Korea...

LIFE"S GOOD!

💋

• Fire
Reactions: 42 users
Did this major European automobile manufacturer turn out to be Mercedes Benz or Ford (although they are American)?

D95FCD8E-D12B-48F1-AAE5-6997B42EE04A.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Slade

Top 20
As I said the other day the demo at the end is a great add for why having a critical function in an EV being handed off to the web is a road map to the mortuary at 110 kph down hill on an expressway in the wet. The idea absolutely terrifies me given how many times a day my iPhone looses connection and I am only 17 kilometres from the heart of the CBD in Sydney.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Sorry I missed your post. Hard to keep up sometimes.

Reactions: 3 users
That's true and I'm not 100% convinced by any means, I just like our chances (as in it sounds very AKIDA ish). I always take the narrative in these articles with a grain of salt as the accuracy and facts can be skewed by accident (due to incompetence) or on purpose (to mislead for whatever reason)

But I get what you're putting down
Because of my previous careers and my view of the reliability of human witnesses being used to underpin a judicial system I continue to take an interest in the science of and reliability of human memory.

The US has a lot of research going on in this area particularly since the use of DNA has shown so many people have been wrongly convicted as a result of honest but flawed memory of human witnesses.

Only yesterday I read a paper which after two years of research came to the conclusion that the process of asking a witness questions immediately after an event in fact made the witnesses memory less reliable and that the most accurate recollection of an event by a witness will occur about 5 days post the event following which the accuracy of the memory deteriorates. The research came to the conclusion that human eye witness evidence should be excluded.

The law used have a fundamental presumption that the passage of time made human memory of events so inherently unreliable that justice could not be served however we have for political and social reasons turned that on its head and allowed historical sexual assault and other crimes to be prosecuted on the basis of human memory.

The law has and still does give greater weight to statements made contemporaneously to the event on the basis that memory is fresher and more reliable the closer to the event you can take the eye witnesses statement. On the basis of research Police should wait 5 days and ensure no questions are put to the eye witness in the intervening period but even then it may still be flawed.

So how is this relevant well as @Diogenese has pointed out this attempt at brain emulation carries the same problem as the technology involved "has an extraordinarily short shelf life - 1.6 million switching operations at 300 MHz is about 2 milliseconds, and the hydrogen ion in the perovskite only hangs about for 6 months."

At some point the obsession with perfectly replicating the human brain will be seen for what it is a fools errand. We need something better than the human brain without all the flaws.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Did this major European automobile manufacturer turn out to be Mercedes Benz or Ford (although they are American)?

View attachment 3709
The former CEO Mr. Dinardo mentioned Detroit enough that I am personally confident it was Mercedes in Europe and Ford in the US.

I DO LOVE READING MERCEDES DESCRIBING BRAINCHIP AS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE EXPERTS. (I even love typing it. 🤣)

We have an ‘Ai Thought Leader’ and ‘Ai Experts’ working for and promoting the company. 😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

View attachment 3709

Because of my previous careers and my view of the reliability of human witnesses being used to underpin a judicial system I continue to take an interest in the science of and reliability of human memory.

The US has a lot of research going on in this area particularly since the use of DNA has shown so many people have been wrongly convicted as a result of honest but flawed memory of human witnesses.

Only yesterday I read a paper which after two years of research came to the conclusion that the process of asking a witness questions immediately after an event in fact made the witnesses memory less reliable and that the most accurate recollection of an even by a witness will occur about 5 days post the event following which the accuracy of the memory deteriorates. The research came to the conclusion that human eye witness evidence should be excluded.

The law used have a fundamental presumption that the passage of time made human memory of events so inherently unreliable that justice could not be served however we have for political and social reasons turned that on its head and allowed historical sexual assault and other crimes to be prosecuted on the basis of human memory.

The law has and still dose give greater weight to statements made contemporaneously to the event on the basis that memory is fresher and more reliable the closer to the event you can take the eye witnesses statement. On the basis of research Police should wait 5 days and ensure no questions are put to the eye witness in the intervening period but even then it may still be flawed.

So how is this relevant well as @Diogenese has pointed out this attempt at brain emulation carries the same problem as the technology involved "has an extraordinarily short shelf life - 1.6 million switching operations at 300 MHz is about 2 milliseconds, and the hydrogen ion in the perovskite only hangs about for 6 months."

At some point the obsession with perfectly replicating the human brain will be seen for what it is a fools errand. We need something better than the human brain without all the flaws.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

The former CEO Mr. Dinardo mentioned Detroit enough that I am personally confident it was Mercedes in Europe and Ford in the US.

I DO LOVE READING MERCEDES DESCRIBING BRAINCHIP AS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE EXPERTS. (I even love typing it. 🤣)

We have an ‘Ai Thought Leader’ and ‘Ai Experts’ working for and promoting the company. 😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

@Fact Finder do you know much about the European automaker Stellantis. They are massive

I’ve been dot joining for another holding and there is some potential convergence with Brainchip’s tech - to be confirmed

Google lead me to a HC post from @dippY22. Did this lead anywhere?

C3D8A9D8-4023-4C9A-9CBB-3FE346825F6B.jpeg
3E44DECC-CB7E-40BB-82AE-3AAE32C5EB72.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

@Fact Finder

@Fact Finder do you know much about the European automaker Stellantis. They are massive

I’ve been dot joining for another holding and there is some potential convergence with Brainchip’s tech - to be confirmed

View attachment 3713 View attachment 3714
What we know is that VW was a strong contender for the European car maker and @uiux back then posted a lot of dots and arrows that pointed in their direction however as we have the Mercedes bird in the hand rather than two VW’s in the bush I am backing Mercedes because of the type of hints by Mr. Dinardo back then that seemed to be alluding to a very premium car brand and his trips to Europe were to parts where Mercedes could be found admittedly along with others. But as I say my opinion is largely based on bird in the hand.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Question:
Why does Brainchip need a new senior Accountant with no revenue ?

Attachments

• B9F95B4F-CB7A-4289-948A-364BFA0EF15B.jpeg
    B9F95B4F-CB7A-4289-948A-364BFA0EF15B.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 27 users

@Fact Finder

@Fact Finder

I should add that Dodge and Chrysler were mentioned a lot back then as possible US automotive with links to Brainchip but in the end Ford became an EAP.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I should add that Dodge and Chrysler were mentioned a lot back then as possible US automotive with links to Brainchip but in the end Ford became an EAP.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Correction: Ford became a "disclosed" EAP.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Question:
Why does Brainchip need a new senior Accountant with no revenue ?
I think if they don’t put on a Senior Accountant to assist Ken Scarince they will burn him out by years end.

The company has regulatory requirements across four countries India, France, Australia and the USA.

They have payrolls across four countries including all that goes with that including annual leave, sick leave, health insurance, workers compensation and superannuation.

They have customer accounts and supplier negotiations and payments.

They have office leases and equipment leases to manage across four countries.

They have a sales staff with budgets it goes on and on.

On top of all this they have Ken Scarince in the field doing presentations and managing day to day staffing issues and supervising investor relations.

At years end the plan is to have at least 100 staff and without assistance they could loose a very valuable member of staff.

Earlier this year his family contracted Covid and he moved out of home because he was so essential to ongoing operations Brainchip could not afford for him to be out of action even for a week.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Great article Dallas. Definitely a must read. Particularly the section about heat and the problems it creates and as you said the Panasonic quote below is very alluring with Socionext in the background:

“At the same time, as solutions miniaturize, it becomes not just about new applications, but new platforms as well,” Jedynak says. “Taking some host that previously had no intelligence and now adding smaller, lower power and more affordable compute and network capabilities. Think of a smart doorbell as an example. What becomes interesting and compelling is that once these capabilities become fielded, we then discover new ways of using them. It’s about ubiquitous computing, just like we see in industrial and commercial applications, but introduced into the tactical edge. Now we can bring capabilities, tracking, built-in-test, sensing, etc., to platforms that previously had none.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I believe it is time for Sean to step up to the plate and implement the Michelle Fphiffer

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTa
I know BMW is on 'the wall' in the speculative users part, but the use of the Beemer at around 12 min 45 secs in the video hightens the likelihood of them being on board with us.
As a shareholder and therefore part owner in the business, I have used the authority I have been entitled and engaged the services of a very effective and successful business woman who will have every straight CEO deciding positively to her requests for the use of their company logos . This will end all of this guessing and pulling rabbits 🐇 out of hats 🎩trying to piece together who is really on board with us .For those in the know her name is Michelle Pfeiffer

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

flight11

Emerged

@Fact Finder

You have Vauxhall as part of Stellantis, but Vauxhall was always part of General Motors. In fact some Holdens in the 1970s were almost Vauxhall clones. If Vauxhall left GM and joined up with Stellantis, what happened there?

Slade

Top 20
Michelle Pfeiffer? I welcome a change because up until now, when it comes to revealing who BrainChip is working with, I feel that management has been implementing the Sharon Stone approach.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
I think if they don’t put on a Senior Accountant to assist Ken Scarince they will burn him out by years end.

The company has regulatory requirements across four countries India, France, Australia and the USA.

They have payrolls across four countries including all that goes with that including annual leave, sick leave, health insurance, workers compensation and superannuation.

They have customer accounts and supplier negotiations and payments.

They have office leases and equipment leases to manage across four countries.

They have a sales staff with budgets it goes on and on.

On top of all this they have Ken Scarince in the field doing presentations and managing day to day staffing issues and supervising investor relations.

At years end the plan is to have at least 100 staff and without assistance they could loose a very valuable member of staff.

Earlier this year his family contracted Covid and he moved out of home because he was so essential to ongoing operations Brainchip could not afford for him to be out of action even for a week.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes and not to mention all the new costumers in the works that will bring plenty of revenue;)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Valeo Lauded by Frost & Sullivan for Delivering Cutting-edge 3D Sensors and Related Software Perception Stack to the Automotive Industry
USA - English​

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Frost & Sullivan
Mar 15, 2022, 08:30 ET

Valeo is currently the only automotive supplier commercializing mass-produced automotive-grade LiDAR sensors, with the perception software included.
SAN ANTONIO, Texas, March 15, 2022/PRNewswire/ -- Based on its recent analysis of the global automotive light detection and ranging (LiDAR) industry, Frost & Sullivan recognizes Valeo with the 2022 Global Market Leadership Award for strengthening its global market presence with pioneering automotive 3D sensors. Valeo is a globally renowned company with 99 years of expertise in the automotive sector and one of the biggest automotive suppliers worldwide.
Click here to view the full multimedia release: https://best-practices.frost.com/valeo/
2022 Global Automotive LiDAR Market Leadership Award
2022 Global Automotive LiDAR Market Leadership Award

Valeo's advanced systems promote intuitive and effective driving, facilitating autonomous vehicle (AV) adoption. The company recently launched a new flagship product, SCALA®, which offers highly differentiated 3D sensing that enable superior autonomy, resolution, distance and speed measurement, pedestrian detection, and autonomous emergency braking, among other features.
"The company manufactures SCALA®, the automotive industry's first commercial 3D LiDAR sensor for AV applications. Valeo SCALA® is a 3D mechanical scanning LiDAR sensor that offers a wide Field of View (FoV) of up to 145 degrees. Its AI-based integrated software detects, recognizes, and classifies static and dynamic objects up to a distance of 200 meters in all weather and lighting conditions," said Kamalesh Mohanarangam, Research Manager at Frost & Sullivan. "Valeo's sensor portfolio includes ultrasonic sensors, cameras, and radars, providing intelligent sensing solutions for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous applications."
Valeo seeks to be a key player in the future of global mobility while addressing the current environmental and societal challenges. To this end, the company leverages its solid market position to work closely with automakers, new mobility players, and technology partners and meet customer demands with breakthrough solutions that improve driving-assistance systems, telematics, lighting setup, interior control software, and much more.
The company is committed to research and development and has 63 research centers working to create cutting-edge, advanced technologies at industry-standard costs. To date, Valeo's strategy of innovating forward-looking products enabled it to maintain its market leadership and the company is expected to continue leading the LiDAR industry in the long term.
"Valeo's growth strategy focuses on innovation in solutions and market expansion in high-growth countries. The company positions itself as a technology company for electric and AV applications and has solidified its market leadership by equipping one-third of global electric and AV volumes with innovative solutions," noted Mohanarangam. "With innovation as its key growth strategy, Valeo will strengthen its global market presence and extend its solution offerings in the electric and AV market."
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has developed an innovative element in a product by leveraging leading-edge technologies. The award recognizes the value-added features/benefits of the product and the increased ROI it offers customers, which, in turn, raises customer acquisition and overall market penetration potential.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize companies in various regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analyses, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
About Frost & Sullivan
For six decades, Frost & Sullivan has been world-renowned for its role in helping investors, corporate leaders, and governments navigate economic changes and identify disruptive technologies, Mega Trends, new business models, and companies to action, resulting in a continuous flow of growth opportunities to drive future success

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I believe it is time for Sean to step up to the plate and implement the Michelle Fphiffer

As a shareholder and therefore part owner in the business, I have used the authority I have been entitled and engaged the services of a very effective and successful business woman who will have every straight CEO deciding positively to her requests for the use of their company logos . This will end all of this guessing and pulling rabbits 🐇 out of hats 🎩trying to piece together who is really on board with us .For those in the know her name is Michelle Pfeiffer
1bba025d6df40bb4b256bfbaa6fa4e926e-23-michelle-pfeiffer-catwoman.rsquare.w700.jpg

Bring her on. And hisfit's to the caterwauling that may ensue!
Any cat raising's are welcome at my age and be damned the catastrophic's cataclysmic catalepsy!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom