BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I'm in awe of the lady's biceps - hadn't realized how beneficial gardening could be.

Well look at her bush. Is it any suprise that her bicepts are that big?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
20220402_164434.jpg

I am also getting there like her with my 1L beer. So heavy to lift

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

Do we know for sure if Cerence is using Akida? Cerence is supplying BMW as well.

Hey Cyw, as far as I know there has been no confirmation of Cerence using Akida or offering it as part of their suite of AI tech. But if they don't, or if they haven't thought about it, they'd have to have rocks in their heads IMO.

The way I look at is we know that AI and voice-based technologies such as those offered by Cerence are going to feature very heavily in the next generation of EV's. Conventional voice control systems to date however have tended to consume a fair bit of power. We know from Mercedes that a key to the efficiency of their Vision EQXX is in Akida's ability to "run spiking neural networks, in which data is coded in discrete spikes and energy only consumed when a spike occurs, reducing energy consumption by orders of magnitude".

In one article, which has been posted here many times it says "In the VISION EQXX, this technology enables the“Hey Mercedes” hot-word detection five to ten times more efficiently than conventional voice control. Mercedes-Benz said although neuromorphic computing is still in its infancy, systems like these will be available on the market in just a few years. When applied on scale throughout a vehicle, they have the potential to radically reduce the energy needed to run the latest AI technologies"

Cerence is "dedicated to building the world’s smartest, fastest and most exciting voice assistants that define state-of the-art for the in-car experience" and they say they are "At the center of the automotive universe with the most flexible, open and global AI and voice-powered interaction platform for the industry".

How would it not be in their interest to incorporate Akida which has the ability to radically reduce the energy required to run their own platform?

I could be completely wrong but that's just my way of looking at it.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
You may very well think that - I couldn't possibly comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
You can't see her bush for the trees!
Cat Thank You GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Violin1

Regular
Finger poised over the "REPORT" button after the last several posts. Just not sure whether to report as "smut" or "made me spit red wine on new carpet".......

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
In other Cerence-related news. I did a little more snooping around and found the Cerence Q1FY22 Investor Presentation. Here's a few slides that I found VERRRRY interesting.

View attachment 3678
View attachment 3679 View attachment 3680

I’m in and happy to second your thoughts. I have been watching them also and there are just too many AKIDAisms in their features for them not to be a real chance of working with us in my opinion.

Worst case we will be wrong together. But I doubt it.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Finger poised over the "REPORT" button after the last several posts. Just not sure whether to report as "smut" or "made me spit red wine on new carpet".......
I just cannot get over how excited and happy he is about one bush, could he have had two birds in it before the photo was taken?
FF.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I just cannot get over how excited and happy he is about one bush, could he have had two birds in it before the photo was taken?
FF.
I see there are many ways to trim a bush. Free and high are two...
1648885922214.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

FF.

Yeah, he looks exstatic, doesn't he? He may well have had two birds in his bush because it looks like a Hardenbergia genus which is known to attract them. Her bush on the other hand looks like it may be some kind of fast growing species, due to it being rather humongous.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Violin1

Regular
Yeah, he looks exstatic, doesn't he? He may well have had two birds in his bush because it looks like a Hardenbergia genus which is known to attract them. Her bush on the other hand looks like it may be some kind of fast growing species, due to it being rather humongous.
Jacqui Lambiiiieeush?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Talking about Bushes. Robot Ken and John Deere are a perfect match. Have a great weekend.
Robot Ken and John Deere1.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

ItsKane

Regular
Talking about Bushes. Robot Ken and John Deere are a perfect match. Have a great weekend.
View attachment 3687
Her biceps would become useless with this partnership. Maybe she could stand at the front door arms folded at the $5 party or something

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone done any research into artificial intelligence and EV batteries?

Apologies if so and I have missed it

There are multiple gigafactories in various stages of planning and construction across Europe and the US. Would be great to tap into this white hot market

I have come across the below from Envision AESC.

AIOT BATTERY,

BEYOND YOUR IMAGINATION

Automotive Energy Supply Corporation (AESC) is a manufacturer of lithium ion batteries for electric vehicles established 2007 as a joint venture between Nissan, NEC and Tokin Corporation.

Mentioned below is risk prediction, which is tied in with preventing faults. My understanding is this is synonymous with Akida

Does AI tech in batteries also play a part in extending the possible range of travel for EVs?

In the future, we will redefine batteries. We will use innovative materials to increase energy density and decrease the cost. By adopting artificial intelligence, we can predict risks before they appear. Through AIoT, we will turn an electric car into a green mobile personal energy source. It will absorb more green energy, and make power grids more stable and safer.

Through AIoT technology, Envision AESC will optimize battery life cycle management and synergize batteries across-field application, to break through the limitations of power in performance, cost, life cycle, safety and beyond

Combining the world's leading battery electrochemical technology with cutting-edge IoT best energy practices, we use intelligent IoT technology to carry out battery life cycle management optimization and cross-field synergy application which can unlock the value of electric batteries across their whole life cycle.

AIOT IMPROVES PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EFFICIENCY​

Accumulating driving data for over 12 years, Envision AESC optimizes materials formula through AIoT and digitizes battery-use conditions to analyze each mechanism failure. Meanwhile, we also use electrochemical simulation to optimize and accelerate the cell design rhythm and predict the battery life under different working conditions, as well as promote the development of a new generation of products.

HUGE DATA COLLECTION ENABLES COMPLETE TRACEABILITY IN PRODUCTION

In the battery production process, the system collects and monitors a large number of processes and battery status parameters. The data covers the entire production chain. At the core manufacturing level, each cell has more than 2,000 data collection points. Through monitoring the target data in real time and corresponding to more than 800 quality control projects in the production process, Envision AESC enables traceable data along the entire production chain.

OEM-LEVEL COOPERATION IN FULL LIFESPAN BATTERY MANAGEMENT​

In the past 12 years, Envision AESC has accumulated huge data and industrial know-how through the cooperation with Nissan, enabling us to provide comprehensive power battery system solutions.

In the future, we also hope to work with global OEMs to establish full life-cycle data management from battery production to recycling. With this state management, fault warnings are implemented through both cloud and edge computing to ensure data integrity, safety, performance and longevity for each battery. It will optimize charge and discharge strategies simultaneously, whilst ensuring optimal battery performance and an extended battery life.

FULL LIFE-CYCLE BATTERY UTILIZATION WITH STREAMLINED PROCESS & SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED COST

Envision AESC uses AIoT technology to precisely predict each individual cell’s reliability and status by statistical modeling. This can simplify the battery detection and screening processes. It will reduce costs and will streamline the process (e.g. technology, safety and economical efficiency) of decommissioned battery packs, dis-assembly, detection, classification and repackaging greatly. The cost saving will enable economically-viable battery recycling in commercial buildings intelligent energy storage, industrial parks and homes, and extract more value from ‘retired’ batteries.

Om the back of the above, have the 1000 Eyes joined any Nissan - BrainChip dots?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

ItsKane

Regular
Her biceps would become useless with this partnership. Maybe she could stand at the front door arms folded at the $5 party or something
Hmm on second thought maybe not. I believe the ken t-shirts sold out

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hey TT77, certainly not speculating. Yep, the quarterlies. Due to the NDA’s & EAP’s & ABC’s an AEIOU’s (sorry, might have gone too far there 😉) it’s my opinion that then is an assumption of an assured payday

I may very well be wrong but I don’t think so ✌️

Pantene!
1648895120011.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
You d like this article I recon..
I was trying to find out if they "hey" in " Hey Merecedes " is part of a patent as ive seen other cars using the prefix "Hey" . "Hey BMW" "Hey Ford" "Hey Toyota". "Hey Lexus" "Hey Jaguar"
"Hey Audi" etc 🤔 or am I going off the beaten track. Could AKIDA be in all the "Heys" might be like looking for a needle in a "Hay" stack..? 😏

It’s not how big your patent portfolio is, but how you use it

Hi Alfie,

I don't think "hey" is a manner of manufacture, and you'd probly get a knock back for "hay" as well, unless it was genetically engineered.

"invention" means any manner of new manufacture the subject of letters patent and grant of privilege within section 6 of the Statute of Monopolies, and includes an alleged invention.
http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/pa1990109/sch1.html

It also wouldn't pass muster for originality under the copyright act.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom