BRN Discussion Ongoing

So I am guessing NDAs will prevent any news on who have signed up to our 2.0 IP (if any).
This will push the price further down and will force us shareholders to eagerly wait for the next 4C - hoping for it to show significant revenue.
I am afraid that this cycle will continue for a few more years for AKD2500, 3000 or whatever,etc. More pain on the way.
Your the one that also said a day before the Akida 2.0 announcement there was not going to be one. You have no credibility in my book.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

TECH

Regular
An abstract from the March Quarter 2019 update:

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.ne.../217/1664/pdf/Quarterly+Update+March+2019.pdf

The Company has established early discussions with vision sensor manufacturers, automobile manufacturers for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Vehicles (AV).

It has also commenced discussions with Tier-One module suppliers to the automotive industry in Europe and North America, Vision Guided Robotics, Surveillance Camera, Smart Transducer and Vision Sensor manufacturers.

Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Module Manufacturers and Sensor suppliers (some of whom the Company is already in contact with) in these markets include:

ADAS/AV – Valeo, Continental, Aptiv, General Motors, Ford, Micron, Samsung

Vision Guided Robotics - HiKvision, iRobot, IRIS, Samsung, Micron

Drones – DJI, Safran, Boeing

Surveillance cameras – HiKvision, Dauha, Axis

Smart Transducers and Vision Sensors – Sensata, On Semiconductor, Sony, ST Microelectronics, Samsung

The Company also has ongoing dialogue and potential use cases in laptop computers as well as cellphones that could create intellectual property for integration into their own Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs). These use cases are important because they have the potential to provide additional revenue from Akida IP in parallel with, but separate from revenues from the NSoC release
. [### This was when we were a chip maker ####]

Note that the Update does not state we are working with all the named companies, only that they are big in their respective business - smoke/fire?

The highlighting bold is mine (interesting how often Samsung appears?).

Boeing remains interesting because USAF is testing the Loyal Wingman/Foxbat developed for RAAF by Boeing in Australia.

This also saw the announcement of the night of the long knives when BRN headcount was "rightsized". We should remember how far the company has come in four and a half years.
Hey Dio,

Hope you're keeping well and thanks for all your great contributions to this forum...nice post above, may I pass a comment, that being,
when Lou was the CEO (Chief Three Hats) I believe he was either spoken to or it was implied to me a number of years ago that he was
talking/naming companies that he wasn't in a position to be naming, if you get my drift.

I personally believe we are still involved with many of those above named companies, what proof (none)...will we end up in a smart phone/s
I also say yes, what proof (none).

If you are dealing with Apple (for example) and mention their name in the same sentence as your own little start-up, well, one thing's
for sure, you won't be dealing with them ever again....a loose quote from our former CEO (Chief Three Hats) not word for word, but the
meaning is/was the same.

As a number of posters have suggested, our company is 100% moving forward, our target market is still as sharp as ever, our company
has displayed true grit and integrity, delivered AKD 2.0 some time ago to our closest clients, made modifications to the architecture,
added more advanced technology, so the time is really upon us to see this goodwill repaid in the form of IP Licenses , designs and future
projects/products to benefit all...January 2025 still sits nicely in my mind, 5 quarters of growth, we as a company deserve to be rewarded
as we move on with AKD III.

Respectfully.....Chris (Tech) 🎯

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Spatial computing? 2.5 times the performance using 50% less power....?

Smells like a lil newborn akida baby to me

Dyor

Screenshot_20231004_162209_LinkedIn.jpg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Home101

Regular
So what has changed in the recent weeks for the share price to tank this rapidly:
- Has there been any negative news/ announcements NO
- Has any director/ceo sold their shares No
- Has the market overall dropped in a similar pattern NO

So why has the SP tanked?
That i do not know.

The company has made progress, there has been partnership with TATA, availability of the AKIDA 2000.

Is this “Sell the news” No
BRN is already oversold. The SP is so low that sell the news doesn’t make sense.

Games are being played. Why, By whom - i have got no idea. But there is no other explanations.
Yes we are all waiting for revenue, but the market is already aware there is no big revenue in the short term.
This is a tech stock and i have invested in it for its future potential. I don’t like where our SP is now, but it has no impact on my confidence with the company or my investment plans. I am heavily invested in the company because I believe in the potential and this hasn’t changed for me.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

A8kr1

I've always struggled to understand why people think BRN management are concerned with retail shareholders at all.
  • When you buy shares, BRN gets $0.
  • When you sell shares, BRN gets $0.
  • Management are awarded shares as bonuses so 0 need to pay for shares out of their own pockets. When the share price is down they haven't lost any personal $$. They have insider knowledge of what is in the pipeline so no stress to be had.
  • When BRN do a capital raise, retail shareholders get 0 offers to participate. If they needed retail to raise capital we'd likely have a different attitude from the company.
  • BRN has a massive amount of retail shareholders which I honestly believe is seen as a huge negative. Companies favour stability which is found with institutional investors over 10's of thousands of retail investors/traders.
Combining these points and I struggle to see the benefit of keeping retail shareholders happy at all - we have very little to offer them.
Furthermore, the more silent and ambiguous they are, with a declining share price, the more likely retail shareholders will sell up and move on (which is a win for the company).

I made my peace with this a long time ago. I am continually excited by the info the company DOES put out about their partnerships and product advancements and because of this I will continue to buy shares regularly as I have done so for many years.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

DK6161

Regular
Your the one that also said a day before the Akida 2.0 announcement there was not going to be one. You have no credibility in my book.
Wow, did you actually read the post?

Reactions: 1 users

DK6161

Regular
Hello fellow chippers!

Just received an unofficial update from the company.
How exciting!
The company has decided not to do an official announcement about AKD 2.0 because it is a bit pointless really at this stage when they are now focusing in AKD2500 which is due out September 2024.
So instead there will be a zoom presentation which is likely to happen by the end of next quarter with selected shareholders.
Be sure to check your email to see if you are lucky enough to get the invitation link.
Also Chris's farewell next Friday is still going ahead. A reminder that it is byo drinks, cakes, and tablecloths. It would be good if you can help with the clean up afterwards.
Unfortunately Chris has declined the farewell invite, but it is still going ahead anyway because Aileen has already started making a cake and we all know how excited she is making her first gluten-free cake. We also can't get a refund for the clown dude that we hired for the party. So it is going ahead everyone!
Bye!

Reactions: 2 users

Iseki

Regular
Spatial computing? 2.5 times the performance using 50% less power....?

Dyor

View attachment 46280

Not just Akida, it's got all your other stock investments in there too!!!!! It's a miracle!

Makeme 2020

Regular
Hey Dio,

Hope you're keeping well and thanks for all your great contributions to this forum...nice post above, may I pass a comment, that being,
when Lou was the CEO (Chief Three Hats) I believe he was either spoken to or it was implied to me a number of years ago that he was
talking/naming companies that he wasn't in a position to be naming, if you get my drift.

I personally believe we are still involved with many of those above named companies, what proof (none)...will we end up in a smart phone/s
I also say yes, what proof (none).

If you are dealing with Apple (for example) and mention their name in the same sentence as your own little start-up, well, one thing's
for sure, you won't be dealing with them ever again....a loose quote from our former CEO (Chief Three Hats) not word for word, but the
meaning is/was the same.

As a number of posters have suggested, our company is 100% moving forward, our target market is still as sharp as ever, our company
has displayed true grit and integrity, delivered AKD 2.0 some time ago to our closest clients, made modifications to the architecture,
added more advanced technology, so the time is really upon us to see this goodwill repaid in the form of IP Licenses , designs and future
projects/products to benefit all...January 2025 still sits nicely in my mind, 5 quarters of growth, we as a company deserve to be rewarded
as we move on with AKD III.

Respectfully.....Chris (Tech) 🎯
Can't wait for 2026 , hang on now 2027, hold everything now it's 2030.
Stay strong.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I've always struggled to understand why people think BRN management are concerned with retail shareholders at all.
  • Management are awarded shares as bonuses so 0 need to pay for shares out of their own pockets. When the share price is down they haven't lost any personal $$. They have insider knowledge of what is in the pipeline so no stress to be had.
  • When BRN do a capital raise, retail shareholders get 0 offers to participate. If they needed retail to raise capital we'd likely have a different attitude from the company.
  • BRN has a massive amount of retail shareholders which I honestly believe is seen as a huge negative. Companies favour stability which is found with institutional investors over 10's of thousands of retail investors/traders.
Combining these points and I struggle to see the benefit of keeping retail shareholders happy at all - we have very little to offer them.
Furthermore, the more silent and ambiguous they are, with a declining share price, the more likely retail shareholders will sell up and move on (which is a win for the company).

I made my peace with this a long time ago. I am continually excited by the info the company DOES put out about their partnerships and product advancements and because of this I will continue to buy shares regularly as I have done so for many years.
Hi A8,

While I agree that there is no point losing sleep over the share price, it's not correct to insinuate that management do not have an interest in the share price and their shares are free.

they are often awarded in the form of options;
the options are part of their salary package;
the options have a higher strike price than when the options were awarded;
the options cannot be exercised for a defined period;
if the SP is below the strike price on maturity, they are valueless.

Carrot and stick.

While some of the more hard nosed executives may adhere to the institutionals over retail principle, I like to think (on no evidence whatsoever) that PvdM and Anil have a more humanist outlook. I believe that PvdM was anxious not to fall into the clutches of venture capitalists.

That being said, the company's hands (and lips) are tied as to what they can disclose, and they have resolved to err on the side of caution with a view to NYSE registration in the not too distant future, an objective which may be thwarted by running afoul of the anti-tech ASX a second time.

As you say, the continuous stream of good news, particularly over the last 12 months, is sufficient to bolster our confidence in BRN.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users

Damo4

Regular
Hmmm I knew the good vibes in the forum wouldn't last.
I thought the deletions were the fix, but it was just the ANN.
Back they come today with their complaints, as though the company doing the right thing, is somehow the wrong thing?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

manny100

Regular
Tbh, I think yesterday's Gen2 announcement missed the mark with the audience it was intended for. Certainly a missed opportunity to really promote to an audience that is dying for some love and attention. Simply the market does not understand the tech, nor the language used in the article. The relevance of the achievement and its intended impact on humanity as a whole was glossed over.

BRN spin doctors need to have a look at themselves or hire that guy that wrote up the article on Gen2 instead. 😅
Agree, the market does not understand the tech or the industry. The market does not understand that we have the tech in readiness for the bulk of demand for real time AI avoiding a journey to the cloud. We are future focused - ready for action just waiting for exponential demand to arrive.
The market is still on its way.
Maybe we bought to early? I am not to fussed about that. If it goes down more its just another top up for me.
The US Top 500 is just about on the 50% fib retracement from the run up from March'23 lows. Its possible we may see a rebound from around here.
Also very close to the 38.2% retracement from the run up from Oct'22.

Quatrojos

Regular
Hi A8,

While I agree that there is no point losing sleep over the share price, it's not correct to insinuate that management do not have an interest in the share price and their shares are free.

they are often awarded in the form of options;
the options are part of their salary package;
the options have a higher strike price than when the options were awarded;
the options cannot be exercised for a defined period;
if the SP is below the strike price on maturity, they are valueless.

Carrot and stick.

While some of the more hard nosed executives may adhere to the institutionals over retail principle, I like to think (on no evidence whatsoever) that PvdM and Anil have a more humanist outlook. I believe that PvdM was anxious not to fall into the clutches of venture capitalists.

That being said, the company's hands (and lips) are tied as to what they can disclose, and they have resolved to err on the side of caution with a view to NYSE registration in the not too distant future, an objective which may be thwarted by running afoul of the anti-tech ASX a second time.

As you say, the continuous stream of good news, particularly over the last 12 months, is sufficient to bolster our confidence in BRN.
I can't recall the last options ann...

Reactions: 2 users

robsmark

Regular

Over two years since we had a deal announced, and we have no revenue after having just released our third offering. Like it or lump it, this is the reason the SP is crashing.

People don’t understand what we do, and from the outside looking in, things look very very sad. That’s not to say that’s those responsible are right, it’s just how it is.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

Cardpro

Regular
Didn’t say you couldn’t. Enjoy.
You just appear to not be enjoying the journey of BRN. Momentum for BRN is building. Let’s see where BRN is SP wise by mid 2026. I'm going around a year longer than Tech’s last quoted jan 2025. 😎
Why would anyone find this journey enjoyable? You should look at the share price prediction post back in 2018 - 2022 or even earlier... lol We've encountered significant detours... in terms of developing marketable products, landing deals, IP contracts or generating meaningful revenue, resulting in a continuous decline in share prices over past few years...

Despite numerous positive developments/news which were often identified by posters here and often announced on twitter account, these advancements have yet to reach a level of significance warranting communication through an ASX market announcement. We haven't got a single update on the existing partnerships, IP deals from the company... we are expected to rely on the fact that there are no further annoucement and hence it's going well...

Furthermore, we still lack a timeframe for expected future income & revenue and although I understand that they probably dont have one especially after Sean's optimistic speculation during the AGM, suggesting imminent financial improvements (IMO) by saying "watch the financials!"... they should have one for investors/future investors...

Reactions: 5 users

mrgds

Regular
F.U.B.A.R YEAH .....................:mad:

Screenshot (73).png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Over two years since we had a deal announced, and we have no revenue after having just released our third offering. Like it or lump it, this is the reason the SP is crashing.

People don’t understand what we do, and from the outside looking in, things look very very sad. That’s not to say that’s those responsible are right, it’s just how it is.

Isn't this basically just a rehashed version of what you waddled into the forum to say yesterday... and the day before... and practically every day in the weeks/months before that?

Sounds like a lot of wasteful effort .. .does it get boring? Like, how does it improve anything for you or for others?

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

robsmark

Regular
Isn't this basically just a rehashed version of what you waddled into the forum to say yesterday... and the day before... and practically every day in the weeks/months before that?

Sounds like a lot of wasteful effort .. .does it get boring? Like, how does it improve anything for you or for others?

Ohhh the irony. I just can’t.

• Haha
Top Bottom