BRN Discussion Ongoing

Beebo

Regular
On the general availability of Akida 2.0, why would Daniel Mandela, Director at VDC Research, say: “BrainChip has some exciting upcoming news and developments underway…..”

What is he privy to?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
I'm not much one for blaming market manipulation and shorters but I am at a loss to understand why, after an announcement like yesterday, and with the SP as low as it is, with 9m shares on the sell side and 18m on the buy side, how we can possibly be in the red today. Just ridiculous and unfathomable. However, I am optimistic things will change. With the official arrival of Akida 2.0 I believe the next 18 months will see a real reversal of fortune for BRN. Roll on the next 18 months!
Tbh, I think yesterday's Gen2 announcement missed the mark with the audience it was intended for. Certainly a missed opportunity to really promote to an audience that is dying for some love and attention. Simply the market does not understand the tech, nor the language used in the article. The relevance of the achievement and its intended impact on humanity as a whole was glossed over.

BRN spin doctors need to have a look at themselves or hire that guy that wrote up the article on Gen2 instead. 😅

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

robsmark

Regular
Tbh, I think yesterday's Gen2 announcement missed the mark with the audience it was intended for. Certainly a missed opportunity to really promote to audience that is dying for some love and attention. Simply the market does not understand the tech, nor the language used in the article. The relevance of achievement and its intended impact on humanity as a whole was glossed over.

BRN spin doctors need to have a look at themselves or hire that guy that wrote up the article on Gen2 instead.
Maybe they don’t care…

For all we know they could have Apple, Samsung, Tesla, Mercedes all under NDA approaching the end of their testing, all excited and about to pull the pin on a contract. If this was the case why would they care about the SP or announcements?

We just don’t know.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Pantene peeps!

Screenshot_20231004_132039_LinkedIn.jpg

Worth highlighting this bit....
Screenshot_20231004_132220_Gallery.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

Diogenese

Top 20
A lot to like:

AI is empowering change, driving innovation, and creating exciting new possibilities. Arm is forging a path to the future with solutions designed to support the rapid development of AI. Arm combines the hardware, software, tools, and strategic partners you need to accelerate development. We provide everything you need to deliver a new generation of ideas and products.

Arm’s extensive AI ecosystem accelerates time to market and redefines application portability for AI solutions.

Emotion3D’s In-Cabin Monitoring Software​

Emotion3D uses Arm-based CPUs to enable the high-accuracy, high-performance, flexible features necessary to support a range of devices that require real-time analytics. Currently, the company is using Arm processors to create AI-powered software that helps make the driving experience safer.

BrainChip Partners with emotion3D to Improve Driver Safety and User Experience

Laguna Hills, Calif. – February 26, 2023 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it has entered into a partnership with emotion3D to demonstrate in-cabin analysis that makes driving safer and enables next level user experience.

An abstract from the March Quarter 2019 update:

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.ne.../217/1664/pdf/Quarterly+Update+March+2019.pdf

The Company has established early discussions with vision sensor manufacturers, automobile manufacturers for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Vehicles (AV).

It has also commenced discussions with Tier-One module suppliers to the automotive industry in Europe and North America, Vision Guided Robotics, Surveillance Camera, Smart Transducer and Vision Sensor manufacturers.

Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Module Manufacturers and Sensor suppliers (some of whom the Company is already in contact with) in these markets include:

ADAS/AV – Valeo, Continental, Aptiv, General Motors, Ford, Micron, Samsung

Vision Guided Robotics - HiKvision, iRobot, IRIS, Samsung, Micron

Drones – DJI, Safran, Boeing

Surveillance cameras – HiKvision, Dauha, Axis

Smart Transducers and Vision Sensors – Sensata, On Semiconductor, Sony, ST Microelectronics, Samsung

The Company also has ongoing dialogue and potential use cases in laptop computers as well as cellphones that could create intellectual property for integration into their own Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs). These use cases are important because they have the potential to provide additional revenue from Akida IP in parallel with, but separate from revenues from the NSoC release
. [### This was when we were a chip maker ####]

Note that the Update does not state we are working with all the named companies, only that they are big in their respective business - smoke/fire?

The highlighting bold is mine (interesting how often Samsung appears?).

Boeing remains interesting because USAF is testing the Loyal Wingman/Foxbat developed for RAAF by Boeing in Australia.

This also saw the announcement of the night of the long knives when BRN headcount was "rightsized". We should remember how far the company has come in four and a half years.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Tbh, I think yesterday's Gen2 announcement missed the mark with the audience it was intended for. Certainly a missed opportunity to really promote to an audience that is dying for some love and attention. Simply the market does not understand the tech, nor the language used in the article. The relevance of the achievement and its intended impact on humanity as a whole was glossed over.

BRN spin doctors need to have a look at themselves or hire that guy that wrote up the article on Gen2 instead. 😅
Well maybe that was the announcement that the ASX knocked back.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Neuromorphia

fact collector
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
I think for such a ground breaking announcement, some happy snaps and pics of the chip, wouldn't have gone astray..

Maybe a bit of orange in the text?

Was no reason for it to be so clinical..

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
ASX monitoring a run

please-stop-stop-it.gif

ASX monitoring a slide

muppetwiki-muppet-wiki.gif

:LOL:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

newpunta

Regular
Draft note for ASIC & ASX.
THE greatest technology of this modern day at 17c ......... 10 million climbing all over themselves to get a piece YET the shareprice goes down.
Some people call it manipulation, some call it a stitch-up or a Jimmy.
I will call it for what it is in my eyes ......... a FUKING JOKE....... and yes ASIC & ASX brace yourself cos i will be sending you both an email tonight.
IF YOU WISH TO ALLOW THIS unfair SHIT, see you in court - not sure which one .......... but will try to find one that is not run by a corrupt JUDICARY, which may be a bit of a needle in a haystack search.
I'm pissed off and you people will soon be directly informed about it.

And those that wish to advise me if not happy i should sell MY SHARES ......... can also go get FUKED !

I do get concerned about some googlers out there when I try research Akida related projects, info, specs, partners etc and get this :rolleyes: :LOL:

Screenshot_2023-10-04-11-44-37-41_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
Ok i did have a giggle at this. Whilst its an interesting take D, even slightly believable, unfortunately Brainchip is running with the same rhetoric via their socials.

Reactions: 3 users

misslou

Founding Member
The share price is the lowest it’s ever been in the time I’ve held. Could it go lower? Yes.
Do I care? No.
If it goes lower it does not matter. I appear to be covering my expenses in other ways so I don’t have to sell anything at this time.
If my financial circumstances change and I’m forced to sell then I will learn a lesson regarding my personal risk tolerance and make different choices in the future. I am resourceful, I will find a way to restart. As long as I have life left to live I have the ability to learn and try again.

If it goes lower and stays lower permanently then I feel I would have cause to be upset. Again, I would learn from it (did I not do enough research, did I not put my trust in the right staff - all my own decisions and responsibilities) and find a way to rebuild.
Do I think the share price is going to go lower and stay lower forever? That it has no chance of recovering from this level? Of course not. There is nothing that has changed in company fundamentals that makes me expect this. The product is good, the product works, the product is needed, the product is unrivalled.
The long timelines to revenue make sense to me. I was happy with the Accenture interview which explained the timeframes around adopting new technology. Delay does not equal defeat.
I am quite certain we will eventually have many customers and impressive revenue. The share price went over $2 without this, I don’t see why it couldn’t be a lot more with it.

In addition, do I think we will never experience better market conditions? No. The market fluctuates between bull runs and bear runs all the time. One day a good bull run might add to whatever positive progress we have made at the time and we may see prices higher than we dared to hope for. I have patience to wait for what I expect and therefore I couldn’t care less what temporary low the share price gets to.

While I wait I spend my life doing meaningful and productive things. I just cannot comprehend wasting it with repetitive complaining about a temporary situation I have no control over.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 72 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
On the general availability of Akida 2.0, why would Daniel Mandela, Director at VDC Research, say: “BrainChip has some exciting upcoming news and developments underway…..”

What is he privy to?
Would be nice if the "exciting upcoming news" would include some of these names :)

1696392591331.png

1696392539925.png

• Fire
Reactions: 30 users

KKFoo

Regular
The share price is the lowest it’s ever been in the time I’ve held. Could it go lower? Yes.
Do I care? No.
If it goes lower it does not matter. I appear to be covering my expenses in other ways so I don’t have to sell anything at this time.
If my financial circumstances change and I’m forced to sell then I will learn a lesson regarding my personal risk tolerance and make different choices in the future. I am resourceful, I will find a way to restart. As long as I have life left to live I have the ability to learn and try again.

If it goes lower and stays lower permanently then I feel I would have cause to be upset. Again, I would learn from it (did I not do enough research, did I not put my trust in the right staff - all my own decisions and responsibilities) and find a way to rebuild.
Do I think the share price is going to go lower and stay lower forever? That it has no chance of recovering from this level? Of course not. There is nothing that has changed in company fundamentals that makes me expect this. The product is good, the product works, the product is needed, the product is unrivalled.
The long timelines to revenue make sense to me. I was happy with the Accenture interview which explained the timeframes around adopting new technology. Delay does not equal defeat.
I am quite certain we will eventually have many customers and impressive revenue. The share price went over $2 without this, I don’t see why it couldn’t be a lot more with it.

In addition, do I think we will never experience better market conditions? No. The market fluctuates between bull runs and bear runs all the time. One day a good bull run might add to whatever positive progress we have made at the time and we may see prices higher than we dared to hope for. I have patience to wait for what I expect and therefore I couldn’t care less what temporary low the share price gets to.

While I wait I spend my life doing meaningful and productive things. I just cannot comprehend wasting it with repetitive complaining about a temporary situation I have no control over.
Yes, just treat it as a long term investment, the technology is real, it will recover..

Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
A perfect storm is brewing IMO.

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 3.34.52 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 3.27.31 pm.png

AI to Significantly Increase Energy Consumption: Report​

BY ANDREW ROSSOW
OCTOBER 02, 2023
Wall Street is buzzing with optimism over artificial intelligence (AI), as evidenced by the 26% year-to-date surge in the Nasdaq.
However, AI’s rapid growth brings an unseen toll: an exponential increase in energy consumption, according to a report.
A study from the University of Washington reveals that OpenAI’s ChatGPT alone uses energy equivalent to 33,000 U.S. households daily.
“The energy consumption of something like ChatGPT inquiry compared to some inquiry on your email, for example, is going to be probably 10 to 100 times more power hungry,” said UW assistant professor Sajjad Moazeni.
Moazeni, who joined UW as an assistant Electrical and Computer Engineering professor, also served as a postdoctoral research scientist at the Bioelectronic Systems Lab at Columbia University. During his tenure, he plans to continue his work in emerging devices and large-scale, energy-efficient integrated systems that outperform current cloud computing and mobile platforms.

On the Shoulders of Giants​

Despite AI’s current energy imprint, today’s tech giants such as Google, Microsoft, and Amazon, will continue to serve as the backbone of this AI expansion, forcing a significant shift towards energy-intensive graphics processing units (GPUs) over the traditional CPUs.
Brady Brim-Deforest, CEO of Formula Monks, told Yahoo Finance that for the next decade, GPUs will be the core of AI infrastructure, due to the extremely high levels of energy required.
“And GPUs consume 10 to 15 times the amount of power per processing cycle than CPUs do,” he added.
Prior to ChatGPT’s national media attention, research conducted by University of Pennsylvania professor Benjamin C. Lee, and Harvard professor David Brooks, demonstrated that data center energy usage increased by 25% a year on average between 2015 and 2021.
But turning to renewable energy deployments, there is a “fairly large gap between growth rates,” Lee clarified. During that same period, U.S. Energy Information Administration data revealed an annual growth rate in renewable deployment of 7 percent.

Cloud Providers​

Cloud providers like Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure are now trying to offset their respective carbon footprints.
Azure, for example, claims to have maintained carbon neutrality since 2012, with an ambitious goal to be carbon-negative by 2030. Google and Amazon have also set net-zero carbon targets, with Google aiming to achieve “net-zero emissions” across all its operations by 2030, and Amazon expects to power its operations with 100% renewable energy by 2025.
But Lee pointed out that claiming “net zero” status doesn’t equate to being “carbon-free.”
However, Lee warned, “Net zero doesn’t mean you’re carbon-free.”
There will be hours of the day where you don’t have enough sun or enough wind, but you’re still going to be drawing energy straight from the grid at whatever mix the grid will provide to you,” he clarified.
Editor’s note: This article was written by an nft now staff member in collaboration with OpenAI’s GPT-4.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

DK6161

Regular
But it’s not just Brainchip??? Do people only just follow Brainchip and not the broader market?
With all due respect Jesse, the broader market has not dropped by 50% in the last month. The broader market also didn't have anything equivalent to AKD 2.0 released in the last few days. Yes I do follow the broader market, but BRN sticks out so much that you can't simply ignore it.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

DK6161

Regular

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

gex

Regular
I'll be first to admit I'm a "market" noob but even I can see that so many stocks are strangely or not down.???

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom