BRN Discussion Ongoing

manny100

Regular
From the ann " “With Akida’s 2nd generation in advanced engagements with target customers, and MetaTF enabling early evaluation for a broader market, we are excited to accelerate the market towards the promise of Edge AI” "
Target customers likely include a few who tested Gen 1 and made suggestions for improvements. Adoption by these customers may not be far off as AKIDA announced to be produced in April 2021 - well over 2 years to test.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Damo4

Regular
Over two years since we had a deal announced, and we have no revenue after having just released our third offering. Like it or lump it, this is the reason the SP is crashing.

People don’t understand what we do, and from the outside looking in, things look very very sad. That’s not to say that’s those responsible are right, it’s just how it is.

I can only imagine the efforts they are making to close deals and engage with potential customers, are focused on companies like Renesas. They require different presentation to those made to potential investors.
If the tech was dumbed down (Brain-like-chip) it could come across as immature to a large ecosystem partner who needs the fine details.

I think the quicker people realize that despite being on the ASX for a while now, we really are only at the beginning of the journey to revenue and worldwide recognition amongst lay-people.
No one likes to be told to be more patient, but there's so many pieces clicking on, and the SP will catch up when the market understands.

Even if you wish to blame management for holding the stock on it's way down, they aren't going to give you your money back, so a new approach might be in order.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Reactions: 1 users

robsmark

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I wonder if we’ll ever bump into each other at a Brainchip event…

What is this, the 1980s? What's with these types of threats?

Give it a rest old man

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

robsmark

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

chapman89

Founding Member
@Diogenese ??? Now Brainchip is Edge Impulses only strategic IP partner…..what the hell does this mean? Anybody?
The way I see it is the less sophisticated customers of Brainchip and edge impulse will use Brainchips IP.

Also note that ARM and Brainchip are on the right hand side, I assume due to both being an IP provider.
IMG_3936.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 70 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
I'm more imagining Darth Vader saying, Gee my light sabre lasts so much longer with Akida's ultra low power chip and even recognises Jedis with one shot learning . . .. (here's hoping ;))
I'm more of an "Open the Pod doors HAL" kinda guy

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

raybot

I've always struggled to understand why people think BRN management are concerned with retail shareholders at all.
  • When you buy shares, BRN gets $0.
  • When you sell shares, BRN gets $0.
  • Management are awarded shares as bonuses so 0 need to pay for shares out of their own pockets. When the share price is down they haven't lost any personal $$. They have insider knowledge of what is in the pipeline so no stress to be had.
  • When BRN do a capital raise, retail shareholders get 0 offers to participate. If they needed retail to raise capital we'd likely have a different attitude from the company.
  • BRN has a massive amount of retail shareholders which I honestly believe is seen as a huge negative. Companies favour stability which is found with institutional investors over 10's of thousands of retail investors/traders.
Combining these points and I struggle to see the benefit of keeping retail shareholders happy at all - we have very little to offer them.
Furthermore, the more silent and ambiguous they are, with a declining share price, the more likely retail shareholders will sell up and move on (which is a win for the company).

I made my peace with this a long time ago. I am continually excited by the info the company DOES put out about their partnerships and product advancements and because of this I will continue to buy shares regularly as I have done so for many years.
Great post, bang on. If retail shareholders are aggrieved at the SP what did they do to deserve a reward that others have spent a lifetime orchestrating. I’m constantly amazed at non-entities like @DK6161 who somehow seem to think they are entitled to rewards others are striving hard to achieve,
If you are not happy with how you think you are being treated, put you money where your mouth is and MOVE ON.
I'm happy to let the BRN team continue to work hard for my reward and have no misgivings about my position as a long term holder. The fundamentals are improving daily, thanks to the leadership and efforts of the team.
Stop telling me you are deserve more when all you’re doing is riding the shirt tails of others hard work.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

McHale

Regular
Yep a sea of red ...everyone is getting hit!!! The US leading the charge!!

View attachment 46239

Life in the stock market eh!! :cry:
Hi buena suerta

Yep a tough time for the global markets, as we know the major US indexes have turned over, there is a lot of uncertainty in the markets.
I follow " global markets" not just stocks, but Bond markets, FX markets, commodities and more.
I am watching the Bond markets very carefully (these are many times larger than global stock indexes), the global bond markets appear to be moving into disarray, so regardless of central bank efforts interest rates are largely controlled by the long end of curve (long term) bonds.
Interest rates on bonds are moving up and prices are getting smashed.
High interest rates will thus be locked in long term, central banks can do nothing, investors and funds are beginning to shun Gov't debt, and most Gov'ts have steep debt piles, which will become more expensive for them to service.
This is a problem, but a possible positive here is that some sectors of stock markets may become more attractive to funds and investors who are exiting Gov't bonds. In the meantime the US dollar is killing all other currencies (as the US 10 year bond approaches 5%) right now, gold is not far off launching.

It's great to have the ann. regarding Akida mark 2, IMO this will open many doors and create the platform for the income we all await, just on 8 years of waiting here now for me, so a few more months might not seem such a long time, but I really want to see/hear some good news soon.
As a good number of you know I am here a lot - but don't post much these days. So I stay up to date with most developments, and thinking about direction of BRN from all the various posters here, I have to say that it has been disappointing to witness some of the friction here recently, as it has also been disappointing to see the S/P of BRN in the gutter.

But it has been a tough time and obviously very stressful for some here, I can relate to both sides, so I don't want to sound like a virtue signalling type at all, but try and be gentle with each other - I value many contributors here and it's disappointing to see the polarization of views drive divisiveness. In the meantime the instos and their bots continue to wreak havoc with S/P, but for every seller there is a buyer and the buyers are largely the instos I guess and a few retail opportunists who are entering or accumulating.

I do think BRN could make "non" price sensitive anns. about things like working with Global Foundries for instance, they have made a lot of progress with building out their eco system over the last year or so and I think a good number of achievements there could have been put on the ASX, I believe this has been an opportunity lost, so I want BRN to lift their game on that

Going back to global markets, my view (which I have stated in several posts now) is that things could get challenging, and that certainly informs my want to hear/see good news asap, the sooner the ball gets rolling here the better, if I had a more positive view of where the global economy is going, then I would not feel as concerned, because IMO Akida is a killer disruptive tech, and in a normal world it would be a no brainer, but for me time is now of the essence, so go BRN.

It goes without saying, that I would be much more than happy, if I was completely wrong about the direction of global markets

Still getting over the LIons not getting over the line last Sat. but that's another thing, it was a great match all the same.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 66 users

Cartagena

Regular
Agree, the market does not understand the tech or the industry. The market does not understand that we have the tech in readiness for the bulk of demand for real time AI avoiding a journey to the cloud. We are future focused - ready for action just waiting for exponential demand to arrive.
The market is still on its way.
Maybe we bought to early? I am not to fussed about that. If it goes down more its just another top up for me.
The US Top 500 is just about on the 50% fib retracement from the run up from March'23 lows. Its possible we may see a rebound from around here.
Also very close to the 38.2% retracement from the run up from Oct'22.
I had a break from the forum as was focusing on other priorities but I am shocked to see the yearly low again. I sure hope this is our lowest low and the rebound happens as it's no fun, when you know that your cash is sitting idle and in the red (don't tell me about opportunity costs) and greedy money men (instos) are playing yo yo games with our money. If you want to top up then why not do it at 17cents. Why wait for it to move down half a cent (not advice) I have a feeling that shorts will start to lose interest and disappear soon as we near the news of a possible customer using our Gen 2. We just need that and off we go. High risk for the shorts if that happens soon.
If you believe in Brainchips future like I do, then why not buy at the market.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Damo0127

But it’s not just Brainchip??? Do people only just follow Brainchip and not the broader market?
That is the point. Markets are going down, regardless if it's US, ASX, GPW or LSX. I have companies on every single one of them and I am in red or very close to red on all of them. FED doesn't help!! All central banks leave or increase Interests rates hence more money must be paid to managed any loans or debts.
But...in all companies I have there is a revenue. Sometimes low sometimes better. And this is my worry - BRN doesn't show any of it and this is the key if you we want to leave 16c area. We all know, we have a product which works, we are building ecosystem but for the past 1.5 year we cannot materialise it. All future investors, interested in this company, seeing ready product, will invest based on the financials - period! If they see that BRN has got product but cannot turn it to actual profit, won't be investing.
Few examples:
1. CI Games - small gaming company from Poland - 120mil debt but next Friday they are realising mind blowing game. Also, they have already created a lot before - risky investment due to nature of the business but they have revenue from the previous games;
2. Boss energy - Australian Uranium company - no DEBT - end of this year they start production. Great thing about this company is, that whatever plans they had in their schedule was delivered. Was risky to invest because it is commodity and 2 years ago there was nothing except spending. But...debt free. And as Peter Lynch used to say - "It is very difficult to go bankrupt if you are debt free".
3. . Novo Nordisk, Infineon, Renascor Resources and few more - I am in red in all of them but this is due to market situation. Common denominator for all of them is....revenue!!
If we want to leave Mordor we have to do better in the next Q. People know we have the product, the only thing they can't see is money coming in. And that's why we are where we are.
My opinion only and not spamming :)

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

McHale

Regular
A perfect storm is brewing IMO.

View attachment 46271

View attachment 46269

AI to Significantly Increase Energy Consumption: Report​

BY ANDREW ROSSOW
OCTOBER 02, 2023
Wall Street is buzzing with optimism over artificial intelligence (AI), as evidenced by the 26% year-to-date surge in the Nasdaq.
However, AI’s rapid growth brings an unseen toll: an exponential increase in energy consumption, according to a report.
A study from the University of Washington reveals that OpenAI’s ChatGPT alone uses energy equivalent to 33,000 U.S. households daily.
“The energy consumption of something like ChatGPT inquiry compared to some inquiry on your email, for example, is going to be probably 10 to 100 times more power hungry,” said UW assistant professor Sajjad Moazeni.
Moazeni, who joined UW as an assistant Electrical and Computer Engineering professor, also served as a postdoctoral research scientist at the Bioelectronic Systems Lab at Columbia University. During his tenure, he plans to continue his work in emerging devices and large-scale, energy-efficient integrated systems that outperform current cloud computing and mobile platforms.

On the Shoulders of Giants​

Despite AI’s current energy imprint, today’s tech giants such as Google, Microsoft, and Amazon, will continue to serve as the backbone of this AI expansion, forcing a significant shift towards energy-intensive graphics processing units (GPUs) over the traditional CPUs.
Brady Brim-Deforest, CEO of Formula Monks, told Yahoo Finance that for the next decade, GPUs will be the core of AI infrastructure, due to the extremely high levels of energy required.
“And GPUs consume 10 to 15 times the amount of power per processing cycle than CPUs do,” he added.
Prior to ChatGPT’s national media attention, research conducted by University of Pennsylvania professor Benjamin C. Lee, and Harvard professor David Brooks, demonstrated that data center energy usage increased by 25% a year on average between 2015 and 2021.
But turning to renewable energy deployments, there is a “fairly large gap between growth rates,” Lee clarified. During that same period, U.S. Energy Information Administration data revealed an annual growth rate in renewable deployment of 7 percent.

Cloud Providers​

Cloud providers like Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure are now trying to offset their respective carbon footprints.
Azure, for example, claims to have maintained carbon neutrality since 2012, with an ambitious goal to be carbon-negative by 2030. Google and Amazon have also set net-zero carbon targets, with Google aiming to achieve “net-zero emissions” across all its operations by 2030, and Amazon expects to power its operations with 100% renewable energy by 2025.
But Lee pointed out that claiming “net zero” status doesn’t equate to being “carbon-free.”
However, Lee warned, “Net zero doesn’t mean you’re carbon-free.”
There will be hours of the day where you don’t have enough sun or enough wind, but you’re still going to be drawing energy straight from the grid at whatever mix the grid will provide to you,” he clarified.
Editor’s note: This article was written by an nft now staff member in collaboration with OpenAI’s GPT-4.
Bravo, hi there

Yes miners (and many other industries/sectors) all over the world are having to bend over backwards to satisfy ESG requirements and other environmental controls/legislation.

So when does the penny drop about the cloud and all those huge server farms out there, go figure. ???

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Iseki

Regular
@Diogenese ??? Now Brainchip is Edge Impulses only strategic IP partner…..what the hell does this mean? Anybody?
The way I see it is the less sophisticated customers of Brainchip and edge impulse will use Brainchips IP.

Also note that ARM and Brainchip are on the right hand side, I assume due to both being an IP provider.
View attachment 46283
I guess they're saying that you can use edge impulse to train any chip using the proprietary NVIDIA datasets. Presumably at a price.
These datasets and the resulting configuration weights will be much bigger that what's needed for Akida SNN.
Be interesting to see if CNN2SNN works on them.

Tothemoon24

Top 20

This is bloody cool with or without Brainchip , Australian company achieves a world first .

Clinic trials to start next year.

The world-first device, which looks like a pair of sunglasses, translates the world that is normally seen into a world that can be heard by interpreting the visual real-time through binaural speakers located in the arms of the glasses.
The ARIA device interprets the visual world in real-time, delivering a sensory augmentation through binaural speakers located in the arms of the glasses.

ARIA Research’s Revolutionary Vision Aid Clinches Top Prize at Australian Technologies Competition​

Pioneering vision-tech innovator ARIA Research, which has created world-first technology that turns images into sounds for those who are blind and have low vision, has been named Australian Technology Company of the Year at this year’s Australian Technologies Competition (ATC).
The ATC is a national growth program and awards program designed to showcase and promote innovative Australian technologies with global growth potential.
This year’s judging panel included John O’Brien, partner for energy, climate & sustainability at Deloitte and Melina Georgousakis, medical research scientist and social entrepreneur, along with more than a dozen industry experts.
In announcing the company’s win, the judges highlighted ARIA’s genuine IP, impressive level of use testing and funding consultation, Australian manufacturing focus as well as the significant and = global problem the technology solved.
ARIA, (Augmented Reality in Audio), leverages novel machine vision and artificial intelligence systems to deliver a sense of vision via sound to people who are blind and low-vision.

The world-first device, which looks like a pair of sunglasses, translates the world that is normally seen into a world that can be heard by interpreting the visual real-time through binaural speakers located in the arms of the glasses.
The ARIA device interprets the visual world in real-time, delivering a sensory augmentation through binaural speakers located in the arms of the glasses.
r-founders-rob-mark-2023-melbourne_stock-img-min-1.jpg
ARIA Research founders Robert Yearsley (L) and Mark Harrison (R)
ARIA co-founder and CEO Robert Yearsley said the company was honoured to be recognised in a pool of outstanding contenders.
“As these awards demonstrate, Australia is full of amazing innovation and to be recognised as a front-runner is humbling,” he said.
“There are currently 338 million people who are blind or low-vision, and that number is expected to grow to more than half a billion by 2050,”
“Our aim is to develop the first comprehensive, commercially scalable solution to address the unmet needs of these people, our end users, and to enable increased independence and autonomy.”
“90 percent of blind people are dependent on other people for moving around outside of their homes and the majority bear major challenges with core elements of living and maintaining a household independently. We want to change that.
ARIA will commence clinical trials of its smart glasses early next year as one of the first projects at the recently announced NSW Government supported Human Augmentation Laboratory (HAL) in Sydney.
ARIA will lead HAL, which will be an industry-led, open lab facility that will focus on rapid research translation and the acceleration of deep-tech startups. It also took out the Medtech and Pharma category.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Beebo

Regular
Hi A8,

While I agree that there is no point losing sleep over the share price, it's not correct to insinuate that management do not have an interest in the share price and their shares are free.

they are often awarded in the form of options;
the options are part of their salary package;
the options have a higher strike price than when the options were awarded;
the options cannot be exercised for a defined period;
if the SP is below the strike price on maturity, they are valueless.

Carrot and stick.

While some of the more hard nosed executives may adhere to the institutionals over retail principle, I like to think (on no evidence whatsoever) that PvdM and Anil have a more humanist outlook. I believe that PvdM was anxious not to fall into the clutches of venture capitalists.

That being said, the company's hands (and lips) are tied as to what they can disclose, and they have resolved to err on the side of caution with a view to NYSE registration in the not too distant future, an objective which may be thwarted by running afoul of the anti-tech ASX a second time.

As you say, the continuous stream of good news, particularly over the last 12 months, is sufficient to bolster our confidence in BRN.
NYSE??

Perhaps

Regular
I do care about the financials in a different way than it is usually discussed here. Before I start, I'm not a specialist for ASX related rules, so anybody with a deeper understanding is invited to step in and shine a light on this case.

Depending on the half year report the cashburn rate for the first 6 months been roughly around US $15m (the 8m shares for Mr. Hernandez are excluded, as it was a one time payment). Existing cash related to June 30th short under US $22m. Estimated cashburn per quarter US $7,5m. So without revenue the next 4C might show a cash reserve lower than US $15m. This would mean funding for less than 2 quarters is covered.

In this case ASX rules state:

1696416504493.png

So a new financing round is required. The MC of today is US $ 185m, funding another year (US $ 30m) is a bit over 16% of the actual MC. This can mean 300m new shares or a new No1 shareholder with massive voting abilities and the right to install a Non Exec director. This is just a picture of today, with a more tumbling SP things even can go worse.

Whatever, maybe this is one of the reasons for the downward spiral, as the fundamentals doesn't look amazing yet.

To clear things up in front. I'm a longtime shareholder and been the main researcher of the most relevant German Brainchip forum in the past two years. I'm not known to be a pusher or a downramper but to have a realistic look on the facts. Please keep that in mind before anyone starts with a shitstorm for no reason, thanks.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 35 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
Hey Dio,

Hope you're keeping well and thanks for all your great contributions to this forum...nice post above, may I pass a comment, that being,
when Lou was the CEO (Chief Three Hats) I believe he was either spoken to or it was implied to me a number of years ago that he was
talking/naming companies that he wasn't in a position to be naming, if you get my drift.

I personally believe we are still involved with many of those above named companies, what proof (none)...will we end up in a smart phone/s
I also say yes, what proof (none).

If you are dealing with Apple (for example) and mention their name in the same sentence as your own little start-up, well, one thing's
for sure, you won't be dealing with them ever again....a loose quote from our former CEO (Chief Three Hats) not word for word, but the
meaning is/was the same.

As a number of posters have suggested, our company is 100% moving forward, our target market is still as sharp as ever, our company
has displayed true grit and integrity, delivered AKD 2.0 some time ago to our closest clients, made modifications to the architecture,
added more advanced technology, so the time is really upon us to see this goodwill repaid in the form of IP Licenses , designs and future
projects/products to benefit all...January 2025 still sits nicely in my mind, 5 quarters of growth, we as a company deserve to be rewarded
as we move on with AKD III.

Respectfully.....Chris (Tech) 🎯
Hmmm, respectfully Tech 14-15 months is a short amount of time… gwiz, this year has flown. Lots of partnerships but zero licenses that I can think of. We might get a rude shock next 4C which is the end of this month I think… I’m thinking you need to extend your timeframe to 2027. My opinion.

And like I said I prefer you to be right, and I know nothing.🤓

Reactions: 2 users

7für7

Regular
I'm neither a pusher nor a basher; I see the situation very neutrally, but largely positively. Sure, the stock price is causing concern, but one must consider what led to it. Starting from Mercedes to the ongoing reports posted about AI, some directly related to BrainChip, and others with no connection whatsoever. We must not forget that we were overvalued. It's necessary for us to experience a drop so we can reposition ourselves better. Those seeking quick gains would sell the stock regardless with each rise. That wouldn't be sustainable. It's a different story with good financials and licensing agreements. Let's hope for the best, with the understanding that things can go differently. Just my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Pmel

Regular
I wonder if we’ll ever bump into each other at a Brainchip event…
I ll come with you mate. The w#$#

Top Bottom