BRN Discussion Ongoing

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I'm not into loose dot joining but I do wonder how Nandan would know this guy and what sort of connection they may have??
I am shite at copying from Linkedin if someone else can help me.

Nandan’s profile photo
Nandan Nayampally likes this

Health Data Management
Health Data ManagementHealth Data Management
3,944 followers3,944 followers
1d • 1d •

Follow
Unleashing the Power of Multimodal Data: Federated Networks Pioneering Healthcare Innovation by Alastair Blake MD drops next week.

#HealthDataManagement
#FederatedDataNetworks
#HealthcareInnovation
Activate to view larger image,
Image previewActivate to view larger image,
likelovecelebrate

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Perhaps

Regular
1.) Of course I also wish Brainchip would announce relevant stuff on the ASX more frequently and regarding the availability of version 2.0 (and hopefully some licence agreements) it couldn't come soon enough.

2.) If I remember correctly Brainchip has a contract with LDA capital to at least sell a final bulk of shares until years end.
I think it was something around the $10.000.000 mark.

What I don't know is the following:
  • Does this have to happen or is it an option?
  • Would LDA have to sell the shares to the open market or could they also be sold directly to interested parties?

3.) If I was a big company that recognizes the importance/future potential of Brainchip and want to collaborate for the years to come,
would it be in my interest to at least get some influence on the company so that competitors can't swallow the whole company and I'll get cut off (without my knowledge in advance)?

4.) As I'm a interested in photography (the german community might remember an old post of me) I'm awaiting event-based solutions for autofocus-tracking on image-sensors for mirrorless cameras. Imagine one-shot learning applied to autofocus-tracking for your current subject of interest (for photography, video/filming, smartphones, AR/VR ...)
Had to meltdown your post to the points I like to answer, sorry.

1.) Once I wrote a blog about the announcement politics of Brainchip. As there are some similarities to Weebit Nano, it is worth a comparison:

Price sensitive ann.: Weebit Nano tapes-out first 22nm demo chip
Hidden in a 4C: Brainchip tapes out 22nm AKD 1500

Price sensitive ann.: First Weebit ReRAM product now available through SkyWater (demo chips)
No ann.: Products with Akida IP by MegaChips, SocioNext, Teksun, IP integration into ARM chips offered as option and so on.

Could go on with this for a while. The question remains, why Brainchip reacts in such a defensive way. Ok, there'd been some beef with the ASX in the past, but this can't be the reason to avoid any kind of announcement others use as price sensitive.

2.) Maybe needs to be corrected if wrong, just from memory: There's a last tranche from LDA about AU$ 15Mio which has to be taken until end of 2023.
The shares are blocked for selling at the open market for 3 months.

3.) That's the typical way of the big players. For example in the automotive sector Mercedes and Volkswagen always invest in small suppliers to avoid any problems in the supply chain and to be prepared to take over if needed. As noone knows who is behind all those nominee accounts in the Top20 shareholders list (apart from the Anil Mankar position), this might have happened here already.

4.) Based on older informations from MegaChips, the second biggest camera producer of Japan is regular customer. The abilities of Akida just cry for the use you mentioned. I also see this as a hot possibility.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Perhaps

Regular
Well ARM have their helium vector extension and Ethos NPU, but neither of these come close to Akida's performance.

Such 20th century solutions cannot run as cooly ad Akida. After all, who wants to get caught red-handed with an Apple iPhone 15?
Many ways lead to Rome, new on device abilities of Qualcomm, software solutions (don't heat up), low power consumption enabled by the integration of 5G and Bluetooth, In Memory computing and so on. It's not always about the best technology, it's about making money. Let's say Rolls Royce builds the best engines in the world, there is still no need all cars in the world use them.

Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Many ways lead to Rome, new on device abilities of Qualcomm, software solutions (don't heat up), low power consumption enabled by the integration of 5G and Bluetooth, In Memory computing and so on. It's not always about the best technology, it's about making money. Let's say Rolls Royce builds the best engines in the world, there is still no need all cars in the world use them.
But if you want to run a ChatGpt clone on a mobile device ...?

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Antonio Viana basically used exactly the same engine analogy in the recent podcast..

Not sure what your point is?..

We all know having the best technology doesn't equate to sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

1.) Once I wrote a blog about the announcement politics of Brainchip. As there are some similarities to Weebit Nano, it is worth a comparison:

Price sensitive ann.: First Weebit ReRAM product now available through SkyWater (demo chips)
No ann.: Products with Akida IP by MegaChips, SocioNext, Teksun, IP integration into ARM chips offered as option and so on.

Could go on with this for a while. The question remains, why Brainchip reacts in such a defensive way. Ok, there'd been some beef with the ASX in the past, but this can't be the reason to avoid any kind of announcement others use as price sensitive.

2.) Maybe needs to be corrected if wrong, just from memory: There's a last tranche from LDA about AU$ 15Mio which has to be taken until end of 2023.

3.) That's the typical way of the big players. For example in the automotive sector Mercedes and Volkswagen always invest in small suppliers to avoid any problems in the supply chain and to be prepared to take over if needed. As noone knows who is behind all those nominee accounts in the Top20 shareholders list, this might have happened here already.

4.) Based on older informations from MegaChips, the second biggest camera producer of Japan is regular customer. The abilities of Akida just cry for the use you mentioned. I also see this as a hot possibility.
The LDA obligation of 15 million AUD by years end, was mostly filled earlier this year (12 million odd).

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
I'm not into loose dot joining but I do wonder how Nandan would know this guy and what sort of connection they may have??
I am shite at copying from Linkedin if someone else can help me.

Nandan’s profile photo
Nandan Nayampally likes this

Health Data Management
Health Data ManagementHealth Data Management
3,944 followers3,944 followers
1d • 1d •

Follow
Unleashing the Power of Multimodal Data: Federated Networks Pioneering Healthcare Innovation by Alastair Blake MD drops next week.

#HealthDataManagement
#FederatedDataNetworks
#HealthcareInnovation
Activate to view larger image,
Image previewActivate to view larger image,
likelovecelebrate
Is this what you're after?
Screenshot_20230929-212802.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
The LDA obligation of 15 million AUD by years end, was mostly filled earlier this year (12 million odd).
Can you please stop triggering me 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Perhaps

Regular
But if you want to run a ChatGpt clone on a mobile device ...?
What I read about this case, most are talking about software solutions with limited abilities.

Reactions: 1 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

3.) That's the typical way of the big players. For example in the automotive sector Mercedes and Volkswagen always invest in small suppliers to avoid any problems in the supply chain and to be prepared to take over if needed. As noone knows who is behind all those nominee accounts in the Top20 shareholders list, this might have happened here already.

Thanks for your thoughts.

1.) I agree, there must be more about it but I didn't come up with a good reason for it yet. I was asking myself if it could be because of founders of Brainchip being scientists (similarily the staff of Biontech seems to like working in quiet and only announces something if they have to) or if they would like to take the private, but actually neither idea convinces me. I'm curious if we will find out eventually.

3.) I was assuming something like this, although I didn't pay attention excatly until now (but I remember having read headlines about some automobile companies taking stakes in battery-startups, lithium-explorers etc.). But as you're speculating, if this is a typical way for the big players I also would expect this to have happened already, probably.

4.) You're thinking Sony, I guess? Would have been my guess at least.
Btw. Lidar for cameras also seems to become a thing (didn't expect that)

Reactions: 8 users

Perhaps

Regular
By the way, the introduction of 2nd generation Akida been announced on ASX at March 6th.
A possible new announcement will be about the general availability of chips.
These days there are massive delays in the supply chain of chipmakers, so I wouldn't be too focused on a special date mentioned in the past.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users
In my view based on the events and happenings over the lst 3 years the below scenario occurring would not surprise me one little bit….

ARM slowly building up an unofficial position in BRN through unrelated parties.. They’ve already infiltrated BRN with many ex ARM employees..
Any number of institutions x 5-6 or more could accumulate 4-4.5% over time not signalling any substantial holder notices, gradually buying and selling to each other whilst the price lowers, and at the same time loaning out to short sellers.

Then when there is a controlling interest large enough, let the good news start coming out with a few official contracts and products sticking, pushing the market cap back towards 1billion. ARM comes in and you offers 1.5billion, PVDM and Anil get sweet deals to go on the ARM BOD with relevant interests and holdings, their product Akida gets onto market as they want and the ASX shareholders as usual get screwed over…

Stranger things have happened I’m sure..
I'm an optimist ;). So I will patiently wait out what'S going to happen (but I don't hope for a buyout - at least not below 5billion+).
But I agree ARM would be an obvious candidate.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
And this thought just occurred to me:
China is currently the most aggressive player in the market. BYD has called the Chinese OEMs to take up the fight and to ~destroy the old OEMs (we). Whether this is meant to be real or desperation, I don't care for now.
I am thinking of the data collected, data control and that has been put in a cloud, but not in the US but in China.
You know what that would mean or you can imagine it.
At this very moment my mood is rising again at the thought of an Akida monopoly that theoretically still exists at the moment.
You know what is being discussed and decided globally with 5G technology regarding China, tec ban.
So if sensitive data is to end up in the cloud, whether with Google or Alibaba (no idea), the exact same question would arise as with 5G technology.
What if our data flows off to China.
In theory for me right now a strong argument for Akida.
Now I have more hope again that the cloud operators lobby work will less work out as I feared the last months. It's a general question, for me.

____
What happened to the Chinese advertising here on TSE?

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
We are back to the level we were before in terms of thread pages of posts.
Difference to then, it goes today much much faster to skim than then.
This could be a business model for zeeb0t and TSE. I would pay to have all the posts about interpersonal feelings and battles and attacks screened out.
Dots are always preferable to me than countless posts that only serve to exclude someone or force someone into a conversation.
I live in the middle of a city. I have that every day.
So zeeb0t, I would be there. Get the subscription upgrade and I'll be one of the first.
Except of course the bars, that's where it belongs.

I wish you all a nice weekend except f* shorters. Cheers!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
We are back to the level we were before in terms of thread pages of posts.
Difference to then, it goes today much much faster to skim than then.
This could be a business model for zeeb0t and TSE. I would pay to have all the posts about interpersonal feelings and battles and attacks screened out.
Dots are always preferable to me than countless posts that only serve to exclude someone or force someone into a conversation.
I live in the middle of the city. I have that every day.
So zeeb0t, I would be there. Get the subscription upgrade and I'll be one of the first.
Except of course the bars, that's where it belongs.

I wish you all a nice weekend except f* shorters. Cheers!
Good luck getting him to answer any emails or dm's
Some advice for members probably best to put me on ignore for the time being as it's going to be nothing but utter crap for 99 percent of my posts from now on.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom