BRN Discussion Ongoing

mrgds

Regular
Just for a read, this was Clayton Utz brief summary of the changes to Mkt Ann's when they came in at the time.

19 JUL 2018

Is your announcement "market sensitive"?​

BY ROD HALSTEAD, LIZ HUMPHRY​

Incoming changes to ASX Online will require listed companies to indicate at lodgment if their announcement is "market sensitive".​

SHARE AND PRINT THIS ARTICLE​

SHARE​

FACEBOOKTWITTERLINKEDINEMAIL

PRINT​

As of 14 July 2018, listed entities will be required to identify whether an announcement is "market sensitive" at the point of E-Lodgment on ASX online. Although ASX will still make the final determination before releasing the announcement, this new requirement reinforces the need for listed entities to be cognisant of what constitutes "market sensitive".
What are the changes?
An additional check-box will be included on the E-Lodgment form for ASX announcements made via ASX's online company announcement platform, which will require listed entities to identify whether or not the announcement is "market sensitive". Previously ASX was responsible for determining whether an announcement was "market sensitive" before releasing it. The changes are designed to improve the time taken to process and release announcements on ASX.
ASX is also introducing another change which will require listed entities to indicate whether or not the announcement materially references another listed entity.
What announcements are "market sensitive"?
Under Listing Rule 3.1, the information in an announcement is considered market sensitive if "a reasonable person would expect the information to have a material effect on the price or value of the entity's securities". Section 677 of the Corporations Act provides further that this test is deemed to be met "if the information would, or would be likely to, influence persons who commonly invest in securities in deciding whether to acquire or dispose of the securities".
ASX has advised that some announcements will automatically default to "market sensitive" and this cannot be altered by the listed entity. These include specific announcements in relation to takeovers, periodic reports such as half yearly and full year reports and mining/exploration quarterly reports.
As a result it would seem that almost all ASX announcements (apart from those more general procedural announcement, such as appointment of a new Company Secretary) will be marked as "market sensitive".
What does this mean for listed entities?
The changes should not cause too much concern for listed entities. While listed entities are now responsible for identifying announcements as "market sensitive", the ASX will still have the ultimate responsibility of classifying the announcements. Where the ASX has classified the announcement differently to the listed entity (ie. it has determined that an announcement should have been marked as "market sensitive") there has been no suggestion that any penalties or fines will be imposed on the listed entity.
From a practical perspective, the process undertaken by a listed entity in determining to make an announcement should not change, as the rules with respect to "continuous disclosure" have not changed, rather this is a change to the lodgment process. Listed entities will merely need to include an additional step in their announcement approval process by which it is determined whether or not to mark an announcement as "market sensitive" or not. Generally, announcements by their very nature, will almost always be "market sensitive", otherwise perhaps an entity should consider why they are making the announcement at all.
Thnx FMF

What announcements are deemed to be Price Sensitive?

"is deemed to be met if the information would, or would be likely to, influence persons who commonly invest in securities in deciding whether to acquire or dispose of the securities"

Brainchip ...................... Partnering with ARM
...................... Partnering with TATA
........................Partnering with INTEL

FFS .................. i know as sure as hell that if i read these announcements on the ASX Price Sensitive Announcements it would influence me to
ACQUIRE this stock.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Ooooohh!! What have we here?

Extract only

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 10.47.53 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 10.48.05 am.png

- 00am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Reactions: 1 users

robsmark

Regular
To think our teams aren't busy would be a huge mistake, just check out this link updated 3 weeks ago, I would assume from
the team in Toulouse, France....it ALL takes time, a lot of time, but if that's what it takes, well just sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

“Just sit back and enjoy the ride”

I‘d love to Tech, but unfortunately the Brainchip bus isn’t travelling through the French Alps, it’s got four flat tyres and it’s crawling through Lebanon.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

GDJR69

Regular
I actually don't care if they need a few extra days to finalize anything. I would actually prefer it than have something come out that's only 99% ready.

If this is the case though, I absolutely do care that Brainchip don't communicate the delay to shareholders as their statements up until this point highlight it will be released in Q3 2023 (end of August actually mentioned in the Half Yearly report). Semantics about US being a day behind aside, we should all be pressing Tony for better communication from Brainchip if there is no announcement today.
No I disagree, they need to keep their promises. If there was any doubt about Akida 2.0 not being ready by the end of Q3 then they should never have represented that in the first place. This sends a really negative message if they can't keep a simple promise like this. They need to deliver on the simple stuff or the market will lose faith in the complex stuff.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
I missed that yesterday..
I miss a bit..

That's a huge statement by Nvidia, that all the fuss and fanfare, about what people see as "A.I." is actually misdirected.
Edit : Cliff Berg doesn't work for Nvidia, but the message is still implied, as Nvidia has hinted at it's future direction.

And that products like AKIDA are the future.

We are here now, it's just not happening as quickly as we would like.

Pantenneeee! (voice trails off)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20

imminent​

/ˈɪmɪnənt/

adjective
  1. about to happen.

'The day I will be rich is imminent'

synonyms: impending, at hand, close, near, approaching, fast approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, about to happen, upon us, in store, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, in the wind, brewing, looming, looming large, threatening, menacing, expected, anticipated, on the cards.

I guess it really is open to interpretation..
The day you will be rich is immanent in BRN.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Reactions: 1 users
Tbh, I could not careless whether the AKIDA Gen 2 is announced via ASX as I do not believe it will have any positive impact on the share price unless they simultaneously announce IP contracts.

However, considering their prior commitment to making this announcement and the fact that they missed the initial target of August 31, which was the result of a screw up by Sean (or his team), there is a need for a heightened sense of responsibility.

Ensuring proper execution of basic administrative tasks is a must... If they cannot manage basic administrative responsibilities, it raises questions about their ability to successfully secure multi-million-dollar contracts.

Wake up!

In my opinion only...
It is a recurring theme in your last two paragraphs..

It continually amazes me how glass half full people continue to be with this mob, despite all the evidence to the contrary..

Although, it is also true that a good company doesn’t necessarily mean they are good at communicating well with the market in my view

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
No I disagree, they need to keep their promises. If there was any doubt about Akida 2.0 not being ready by the end of Q3 then they should never have represented that in the first place. This sends a really negative message if they can't keep a simple promise like this. They need to deliver on the simple stuff or the market will lose faith in the complex stuff.
As far as I am aware, they have always used the term 'expected release'. Anticipated goal posts do move from time to time in business, no business hits 100% of expected goals on time.

Now if expectations have changed along the way, I as a shareholder, expect to be informed of a possible delay. They just issued a company newsletter via email. A heads up could have easily been put into that newsletter and then expectations wouldn't be prevalent on this forum here today.

But there is still hours left in the business day. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: 6 users
Thnx FMF

What announcements are deemed to be Price Sensitive?

"is deemed to be met if the information would, or would be likely to, influence persons who commonly invest in securities in deciding whether to acquire or dispose of the securities"

Brainchip ...................... Partnering with ARM
...................... Partnering with TATA
........................Partnering with INTEL

FFS .................. i know as sure as hell that if i read these announcements on the ASX Price Sensitive Announcements it would influence me to
ACQUIRE this stock.
Yep, always the interesting one isn't it.

The grey area the company shies from after the Ford one I believe, is the "material" section and whether there is revenue attached blah blah.

There are clauses in the guidance rules around non complete negotiations, trade secrets etc that give some latitude to companies as to not having to disclose at the time.

Guess that's where the NDAs come in though if, as you pointed out, that we can happily disclose "partnerships", whether revenue or material as such, via social media then those particular ones are not behind the NDA wall.

The question is whether the ASX will request another please explain further if a "partnership" was Ann via ASX platform.

Though, in fairness, there are various accepted "partnership" types like technical, development etc which to me imply they are a joint working relationship and not a material revenue partnership at that time however may become so at some point.

The company worries obviously though on name dropping, ramping and fluff Ann's in the eyes of the ASX which is fair enough however, if we rely purely on that statement you picked out then yeah I think some of those partnerships would influence mkt participants but hey...it's all grey areas when it comes to ASX.

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
At the introduction of Akida second generation the following companies made comments around anticipated improvements and use.
PROPHESEE
INTEL FOUNDRY SERVICES
EDGE IMPULSE
VDC RESEARCH
IPSOLON RESEARCH
SiFIVE
AI LABS
RENESAS
REALITY AI (A RENESAS Co)
SEMICO RESEARCH
DREXEL UNIVERSITY
Obviously some of the above are not in a position to take up an IP license.
Fingers crossed they are working through some finer details with one of the big ones.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs

imminent​

/ˈɪmɪnənt/

adjective
  1. about to happen.

'The day I will be rich is imminent'

synonyms: impending, at hand, close, near, approaching, fast approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, about to happen, upon us, in store, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, in the wind, brewing, looming, looming large, threatening, menacing, expected, anticipated, on the cards.

I guess it really is open to interpretation..
My, I mean our, date with Bravo in her hot tub at whatever dollar party she chooses, is imminent.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
🤣🤣Roping and growing… should read “tooing and froing”
No more day drinking for you!!:)

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Haha
  • Fire

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Well, I think we know what could fix this problem below.😝

Pretty sure Masayoshi Son would know and pretty sure Sam Altman would know from Shyamal Anadkat's (Open AI) blog about Chat GPT.

Screen Shot -111 am.png

Extract from Shyamal Anadkat's (Open AI) blog 1 June 2023.

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 11.19.43 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Kozikan

Regular
An IP contract,
Another capital raise, or
A formal interest from another company with an offer

Anything else is usually deemed ''immaterial'' so not sure what else could fit into this category :unsure:
IP contract ? .... Would be a massive surprise. Can only hope. But ,Think we might need more fairy dust and patience

Capital Raise ? ..... got till the end of the year to clear or increase our LDA arrangements. Just a wacky thought. Would LDA also profit from suppressing our SP for a likely future financial deal ? Given that BRN really did get the best outcome last round , 51 cents ish. In hindsight a very good outcome for us.

Formal interest of a takeover ? .... not a chance in hell. It would be a complete waste of the other Co $ to formalise a takeover offer. As the top holders would 100% block the offers chances of success. Fact. Said Co would be informed of this thru any discussion, which No one would hear off, as it never stood Any chance of success.

Ps. For those that wonder if Maybe some entity is taking a position in BRN. I’m led to believe BRN does monitor the market when needed.

PPs. My tea leaves blew away. I’m off to the shop to get some more

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Xray1

Regular
Tbh, I could not careless whether the AKIDA Gen 2 is announced via ASX as I do not believe it will have any positive impact on the share price unless they simultaneously announce IP contracts.

However, considering their prior commitment to making this announcement and the fact that they missed the initial target of August 31, which was the result of a screw up by Sean (or his team), there is a need for a heightened sense of responsibility.

Ensuring proper execution of basic administrative tasks is a must... If they cannot manage basic administrative responsibilities, it raises questions about their ability to successfully secure multi-million-dollar contracts.

Wake up!

In my opinion only...
IMO ..... all of these issues are adding up big time for when the time comes round at the next AGM " Strike 2 " scenario to play out...............

• Fire

SERA2g

Founding Member
IMO ..... all of these issues are adding up big time for when the time comes round at the next AGM " Strike 2 " scenario to play out...............
By next AGM we'll be substantially north of 18c, very likely to see material revenue from Valeo and Mercedes (their 2024 model cars are due to hit the road late 2023).
I have no doubt we'll have signed more license agreement by then too.
The directors know by the next AGM we will not be the same company we are today so I doubt they have any concern at all, despite the threats and calls for Sean's head on here by some.
Meanwhile, half of the people in this forum, equipped with so many of the dots we've collectively put together over the years, are refusing to piss down wind.
Turn around and enjoy the view.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Xray1

Regular
By next AGM we'll be substantially north of 18c, very likely to see material revenue from Valeo and Mercedes (their 2024 model cars are due to hit the road late 2023).
I have no doubt we'll have signed more license agreement by then too.
The directors know by the next AGM we will not be the same company we are today so I doubt they have any concern at all, despite the threats and calls for Sean's head on here by some.
Meanwhile, half of the people in this forum, equipped with so many of the dots we've collectively put together over the years, are refusing to piss down wind.
Turn around and enjoy the view.
At the last AGM the " Strike 1 " scenario arose from some ~ 174 Mill votes being cast ............. I wonder who cast those votes then and will they be inclined to withdraw those votes this time round based on current circumstances if things don't do a massive positive turnaround in the meantime.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom