BRN Discussion Ongoing

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
That's absolutely outrageous, they have represented to the market in a previous ASX announcement and in communications to shareholders that they would announce this by the end of Q3 and to now suddenly decide they won't do that, particularly given the pressure the share price is under atm is absolutely disgraceful. This is the first time that I'm really disappointed in management and believe they've made a serious misjudgment if this is true. Not happy :mad: (I hope you are joking . . .)
Yep a bit of Friday humour no doubt :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I think we can go into a 'Temporary suspension' ie couple of hours if needed? But as you say a Price sensitive announcement can be made at any time of the day up until 7pm est ... and it will be followed by a 20min blackout of trading until the news is disseminated to the market!!
A temporary suspension, would have to be for a bloody good reason in our case, given that we are probably still under close scrutiny, by the goons at the ASX..

If we were a mining company, we could do one because we saw something shiny on the drill bit..

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Tezza

Regular
Maybe it's not ready. Things change. If ready, not sure why it wouldn't be on first thing.

Reactions: 2 users

DK6161

Regular
That's absolutely outrageous, they have represented to the market in a previous ASX announcement and in communications to shareholders that they would announce this by the end of Q3 and to now suddenly decide they won't do that, particularly given the pressure the share price is under atm is absolutely disgraceful. This is the first time that I'm really disappointed in management and believe they've made a serious misjudgment if this is true. Not happy :mad: (I hope you are joking . . .)
I am seriously dead.

I mean.. dead serious.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
A temporary suspension, would have to be for a bloody good reason in our case, given that we are probably still under close scrutiny, by the goons at the ASX..
Exactly mate ... this walking on 'Eggshells' gets me regarding ASX announcements!!! I have many other stocks that update regularly without having to be attached to monetary values?

Onwards and Upwards :)

GDJR69

Regular
Yep a bit of Friday humour no doubt :)
Yes, I think it was intended as humour but I'm in such a bad mood about no announcement yet that the first time a I read it I took it seriously. I will save my anger for later but I fear it may still be required . . . I certainly hope not

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Agreeing with a lot of the comments and controversy regarding the release of AKIDA 2.0.

Personally I'm finding it difficult to justify how it could be a price sensitive ann in isolation given 2.0 has been displayed on the website for a few weeks, including Brainchip promoting via socials. Wondering if the delay of this announcement to the asx is deliberate as they are trying to pair it with a commercial deal which has not been finalised.

Otherwise what is the reason for the delay.

All very curious🤔

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Yes, I think it was intended as humour but I'm in such a bad mood about no announcement yet that the first time a I read it I took it seriously. I will save my anger for later but I fear it may still be required . . . I certainly hope not
I am totally with you GDJR ..😡 I still hold some confidence that we will get 'The announcement' 🙏

Reactions: 4 users
I reckon if Tony said they’re going to announce it, I sure they will..

It could be email roping and growing with the ASX to clarify details in the announcement..

I’ve heard that’s a thing in the past from company directors after the fact..

I reckon if Tony said they’re going to announce it, I sure they will..

It could be email roping and growing with the ASX to clarify details in the announcement..

I’ve heard that’s a thing in the past from company directors after the fact..
🤣🤣Roping and growing… should read “tooing and froing”

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
fcd5ace90b931065ef297e73bfae6b97.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Maybe it's not ready. Things change. If ready, not sure why it wouldn't be on first thing.
I actually don't care if they need a few extra days to finalize anything. I would actually prefer it than have something come out that's only 99% ready.

If this is the case though, I absolutely do care that Brainchip don't communicate the delay to shareholders as their statements up until this point highlight it will be released in Q3 2023 (end of August actually mentioned in the Half Yearly report). Semantics about US being a day behind aside, we should all be pressing Tony for better communication from Brainchip if there is no announcement today.

• Fire
  • Haha
Just for a read, this was Clayton Utz brief summary of the changes to Mkt Ann's when they came in at the time.

19 JUL 2018

Is your announcement "market sensitive"?​

BY ROD HALSTEAD, LIZ HUMPHRY​

Incoming changes to ASX Online will require listed companies to indicate at lodgment if their announcement is "market sensitive".​

SHARE AND PRINT THIS ARTICLE​

SHARE​

FACEBOOKTWITTERLINKEDINEMAIL

PRINT​

As of 14 July 2018, listed entities will be required to identify whether an announcement is "market sensitive" at the point of E-Lodgment on ASX online. Although ASX will still make the final determination before releasing the announcement, this new requirement reinforces the need for listed entities to be cognisant of what constitutes "market sensitive".
What are the changes?
An additional check-box will be included on the E-Lodgment form for ASX announcements made via ASX's online company announcement platform, which will require listed entities to identify whether or not the announcement is "market sensitive". Previously ASX was responsible for determining whether an announcement was "market sensitive" before releasing it. The changes are designed to improve the time taken to process and release announcements on ASX.
ASX is also introducing another change which will require listed entities to indicate whether or not the announcement materially references another listed entity.
What announcements are "market sensitive"?
Under Listing Rule 3.1, the information in an announcement is considered market sensitive if "a reasonable person would expect the information to have a material effect on the price or value of the entity's securities". Section 677 of the Corporations Act provides further that this test is deemed to be met "if the information would, or would be likely to, influence persons who commonly invest in securities in deciding whether to acquire or dispose of the securities".
ASX has advised that some announcements will automatically default to "market sensitive" and this cannot be altered by the listed entity. These include specific announcements in relation to takeovers, periodic reports such as half yearly and full year reports and mining/exploration quarterly reports.
As a result it would seem that almost all ASX announcements (apart from those more general procedural announcement, such as appointment of a new Company Secretary) will be marked as "market sensitive".
What does this mean for listed entities?
The changes should not cause too much concern for listed entities. While listed entities are now responsible for identifying announcements as "market sensitive", the ASX will still have the ultimate responsibility of classifying the announcements. Where the ASX has classified the announcement differently to the listed entity (ie. it has determined that an announcement should have been marked as "market sensitive") there has been no suggestion that any penalties or fines will be imposed on the listed entity.
From a practical perspective, the process undertaken by a listed entity in determining to make an announcement should not change, as the rules with respect to "continuous disclosure" have not changed, rather this is a change to the lodgment process. Listed entities will merely need to include an additional step in their announcement approval process by which it is determined whether or not to mark an announcement as "market sensitive" or not. Generally, announcements by their very nature, will almost always be "market sensitive", otherwise perhaps an entity should consider why they are making the announcement at all.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
FYI - the announcement (if there is one) doesn’t get uploaded as soon as it hits the ASX inbox. It’ll be in a queue and will get released when the ASX gets to it. Imagine every other company wanting to release an announcement immediately on open alongside us - it can’t happen like that.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

charles2

Regular
Not that I really care but releasing news before NASDAQ opens in the morning works.

If not, later works.

And we know from the website that 2.0 is alive and well....not on life support.

• Fire
  • Love

imminent​

/ˈɪmɪnənt/

adjective
  1. about to happen.

'The day I will be rich is imminent'

synonyms: impending, at hand, close, near, approaching, fast approaching, coming, forthcoming, on the way, about to happen, upon us, in store, in the offing, in the pipeline, on the horizon, in the air, in the wind, brewing, looming, looming large, threatening, menacing, expected, anticipated, on the cards.

I guess it really is open to interpretation..

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
  • Fire
  • Love

Xray1

Regular
I for one am really disappointed that they are leaving it to the last day :(.

Of course if they do issue an update it will have to be something special for me to remain confident in their ability to achieve substantial revenue.

Unfortunately, I am starting to lose faith in their leadership.
To me the word UPDATE does not necessarily mean/imply an actual ASX announcement being made ...........
IMO.... I think that the Co will just put out a "Social Media" announcement probably on their own home page.

• Thinking

Cardpro

Regular
Tbh, I could not careless whether the AKIDA Gen 2 is announced via ASX as I do not believe it will have any positive impact on the share price unless they simultaneously announce IP contracts.

However, considering their prior commitment to making this announcement and the fact that they missed the initial target of August 31, which was the result of a screw up by Sean (or his team), there is a need for a heightened sense of responsibility.

Ensuring proper execution of basic administrative tasks is a must... If they cannot manage basic administrative responsibilities, it raises questions about their ability to successfully secure multi-million-dollar contracts.

Wake up!

In my opinion only...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom