BRN Discussion Ongoing

Frangipani

Regular
Thank you very much! I had already asked myself where our sales representative is based here in Germany, the name just slipped my mind. I'll follow your lead as well. I don't care if people among us say how futile the search is. And yes, I have stumbled across Sounak several times.
But I will also continue to keep my eyes on India. I can't get MBRDI out of my head...

In addition, I assume that they have us on their radar for a longer time and radio internally diligently. But everything top secret of course, not mich to see.)
View attachment 45805
Yes, highly likely.

Unsurprisingly, R&S are (openly) collaborating with defense start-up Helsing AI - just came across that press release earlier today...

Oh, and by the way, Brainchip's VP for Sales in EMEA is Alf Kuchenbuch.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
So back to my plan...
I'm thinking I might sell 🤔 100k shares at $5.25 each when NVIDIA announce they are delighted to be in partnership with Brainchip, and perhaps a another 100k at $6.45 when Tesla disclose that their new optimus droid dodjo chip has a nuromorphic based neural engine from the AI experts at brainchip.
Great idea. So what’s the plan when NASA announces that the world is flat?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Labsy

Regular
My comment is minutely probable and not impossible.
Yours is just impossible and stupid.... 🤑

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Frangipani

Regular
We’ll simply ask one of our Laguna Hills staff to drop by that Hollywood studio, where they shoot all those lunar landings, and demand our chip back.
What? NASA has since outsourced their filming to a Bollywood studio?
No problem! Anil and Nandan surely still have connections in Mumbai.

I’d say Labsy’s scenario is far likelier than yours… 🤭

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
1695904669835.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Frangipani

Regular
“No problem!“ just made me wonder how many times throughout his life poor Alf Kuchenbuch must have had to put up with “Null problemo!” jokes… 🤣

(For those of you not having grown up watching ALF dubbed into German: this was the made-up catch phrase his Melmac namesake’s German voice actor became famous for…)

• Haha

cosors

👀
general question:
I am a little confused. Have they 'hijacked' our term or are they using 'our' TENN architecture and just naming it differently or has the term always existed and been in use or just a coincidence or difficulties in translation or do they mean the same thing or what?
I can't find anything about hardware, but I'm not familiar with the subject.

Brainchip:
"In March this year, we announced a new neural network architecture we call Temporal Event-based Neural Networks (TENNs)."

they:
TENN
Task-Embedding Neural Network

"Multi-Task Representation Learning for Renewable-Power Forecasting: A Comparative Analysis of Unified Autoencoder Variants and Task-Embedding Dimensions​

Intelligent Embedded Systems, University of Kassel, Wilhelmshöher Allee 73, 34121 Kassel, Germany
Received: 19 July 2023 / Revised: 4 September 2023 / Accepted: 8 September 2023 / Published: 20 September 2023

Abstract​

Typically, renewable-power-generation forecasting using machine learning involves creating separate models for each photovoltaic or wind park, known as single-task learning models. However, transfer learning has gained popularity in recent years, as it allows for the transfer of knowledge from source parks to target parks. Nevertheless, determining the most similar source park(s) for transfer learning can be challenging, particularly when the target park has limited or no historical data samples. To address this issue, we propose a multi-task learning architecture that employs a Unified Autoencoder (UAE) to initially learn a common representation of input weather features among tasks and then utilizes a Task-Embedding layer in a Neural Network (TENN) to learn task-specific information. This proposed UAE-TENN architecture can be easily extended to new parks with or without historical data. We evaluate the performance of our proposed architecture and compare it to single-task learning models on six photovoltaic and wind farm datasets consisting of a total of 529 parks. Our results show that the UAE-TENN architecture significantly improves power-forecasting performance by 10 to 19% for photovoltaic parks and 5 to 15% for wind parks compared to baseline models. We also demonstrate that UAE-TENN improves forecast accuracy for a new park by 19% for photovoltaic parks, even in a zero-shot learning scenario where there is no historical data. Additionally, we propose variants of the Unified Autoencoder with convolutional and LSTM layers, compare their performance, and provide a comparison among architectures with different numbers of task-embedding dimensions. Finally, we demonstrate the utility of trained task embeddings for interpretation and visualization purposes.

Keywords:
transfer learning; multi-task learning; zero-shot learning; autoencoders; power forecast
..."
https://www.mdpi.com/2504-4990/5/3/62

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So your information based on an article from January 2022. I guess it's a better idea to use more recent information:

Pretty sure Mercedes use Luminar LiDAR not valeo

Wow! At some time in the near future, Luminar will be supplying lidar for much of Mercedes fleet. Well that's not good news for Valeo, and it may or may not be bad news for Akida. Let's hope they are still in Stellantis' good books. Luminar seems to be the go-to lidar at the moment. Pretty impressive for a company started by a 17 year old. Mercedes have taken shares in Luminar.

I still hope that Mercedes can convince Luminar to replace the front end software classification function with Akida. The power consumption for software

https://velodynelidar.com/blog/lidar-and-power-consumption-electric-vehicles/

Let’s compare power consumption of two solid state lidar choices: Velodyne’s Velarray H800, which typically consumes 13 W, and a Luminar lidar, which typically consumes 25 W and, combined with its 30W back end unit, consumes up to 55 W.

So the backend unit consumes 30 W,

US2022076432A1 NEURAL NETWORK FOR OBJECT DETECTION AND TRACKING

1695907839504.png

But does any of that tell us what lidar is currently used in the 2024 EQS s described in the test drive report?

https://www.autoweek.com/news/techn...-lidar-safety-autonomous-technology-upgrades/

After solidifying its partnerships with Volvo and Polestar, Luminar is now joining forces with Mercedes-Benz to provide lidar technology for nearly its entire fleet. Based out of Orlando, Florida, Luminar has taken the automotive industry by storm with its Iris lidar system, with major automakers now in seemingly long-term deals with the technology company.

Now, thanks to its newly announced partnership with Mercedes-Benz, Luminar will play a pivotal role in shaping Mercedes' consumer-facing autonomous technologies.

Specifically, Luminar and Mercedes will jointly plan to integrate the next generation of Luminar's Iris lidar across a
broad range of Mercedes products.

The Stuttgart automaker says this integration should be finished by mid-decade, with the goal of adding redundancy to the company's new conditionally automated driving system, known by the name of Drive Pilot, in order to operate at higher speeds on freeways and in more urban areas. Mercedes says the design and engineering of its advanced driver-assistance systems are greatly simplified by choosing Luminar as its main lidar provider.

It's certainly true that IRIS would pass muster as "sophisticated" lidar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminar_Technologies

Iris[edit]​

Luminar announced a full stack platform named "Iris" in 2019[61][62] that combines Luminar's laser sensor technology and software.[57] Iris is a plug and play installation in a vehicle.[20] It has a range of 250 meters for small and less reflective (dark-colored) objects, or up to 500 meters for larger, brighter objects.[52] It weighs less than two pounds[21] and operates with a single lidar sensor integrated into the top of the windshield.

At up to 500m, it's easy to see why Luminar trumps SCALA.

This is a photo of the EQS lidar sensors from the test drive article:

1695905267542.png

They look more like SCALA 2, than Scala 3.

1695907226746.png

IRIS is mounted in the roofline above the windscreen which would help with additional range.

Attachments

• 1695906577112.png
    1695906577112.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Been a bit like this round here recently with the SP in the doldrums currently :LOL:

Good Omens BRN.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Snippet from the Intel Day 1.

Recognise some of these names....kinda have overlaps to us :unsure:

Intel Innovation 2023: Day 1 Keynote Live Blog​

Here’s the play-by-play as Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger kicks off Intel’s festival of tech in San Jose, California.

News​

• September 19, 2023

9:59 a.m.: What comes next in AI? Intel Labs is plugging away at neuromorphic computing, which Pat says can “solve challenging optimization problems” like routing deliveries through traffic or assigning tasks in a data center. 🧠

Widespread adoption is still years away, although more than 200 groups are putting Intel’s Loihi 2 research chip and open-source Lava software to the test. Companies working on potential applications include Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation, Mercedes-Benz, Sandia National Labs, the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory, the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory and Teledyne-FLIR.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Snippet from the Intel Day 1.

Recognise some of these names....kinda have overlaps to us :unsure:

Intel Innovation 2023: Day 1 Keynote Live Blog​

Here’s the play-by-play as Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger kicks off Intel’s festival of tech in San Jose, California.

News​

• September 19, 2023

9:59 a.m.: What comes next in AI? Intel Labs is plugging away at neuromorphic computing, which Pat says can “solve challenging optimization problems” like routing deliveries through traffic or assigning tasks in a data center. 🧠

Widespread adoption is still years away, although more than 200 groups are putting Intel’s Loihi 2 research chip and open-source Lava software to the test. Companies working on potential applications include Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation, Mercedes-Benz, Sandia National Labs, the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory, the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory and Teledyne-FLIR.
Wow FMF! That certainly is interesting!

Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds like they may be the same companies that were involved in the original INRC (Intel Neuromorpic Research Community). But it’s so weird, especially for Intel to mention Mercedes and AFRL in the same paragraph in which they talk about Loihi and new applications when these two companies in particular have clearly communicated partnerships/dealings with us and commented in such glowing terms on our technology.

Very interesting as Sergeant Schulz would say! Very interesting Indeed!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Wow FMF! That certainly is interesting.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds like the same companies that were involved in the INRC (Intel Neuromorpic Research Community). But it’s so weird especially for Intel to mention Mercedes and AFRL when they have clearly communicated partnerships with us and commented in such glowing terms on our technology.

Very interesting as Sergeant Schulz would say! Very interesting!
Yeah, the key wording for me with Intel's acknowledgement is the companies are examples working on potential applications.

Not so much they are necessarily working with Intel (or could be as well, especially the research ones) but that these companies want to develop applications for neuromorphic and just so happens a couple at least are working with Akida as well as we know.

Good for us is the acknowledgement, as if anyone listening to the keynote happened to look up the companies mentioned they would find references to us.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
We’ll simply ask one of our Laguna Hills staff to drop by that Hollywood studio, where they shoot all those lunar landings, and demand our chip back.
What? NASA has since outsourced their filming to a Bollywood studio?

I’d say Labsy’s scenario is far likelier than yours… 🤭
Actually heard someone say the next phase of the “alien threat hoax” to do what the ruling elite do best, ‘create fear among the masses’, is to use their man-made alien reproduction crafts to shoot down commercial airplanes.

Doesn’t make me want to fly.

I really want all yours to be likelier than mine. 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
" I wonder how they manage to keep the data in the car? He-he-he! 🥳"
🤔So no access to Internet for certain data that is in vehicle,?
View attachment 45754
Facial or speach recognition is a completely different matter here in Europe. The data will be collected and at the same time never reach a cloud, just like voice patterns. Data protection laws, the strictest in the world I know.
How someone sets their EV and that data is something else entirely.
IMHO

• Fire
  • Love

cosors

👀
Thank you very much! I had already asked myself where our sales representative is based here in Germany, the name just slipped my mind. I'll follow your lead as well. I don't care if people among us say how futile the search is. And yes, I have stumbled across Sounak several times.
But I will also continue to keep my eyes on India. I can't get MBRDI out of my head...

In addition, I assume that they have us on their radar for a longer time and radio internally diligently. But everything top secret of course, not much to see.)
View attachment 45805
It is one of the very few companies here where the FRG/BRD keeps a protective hand over because of national interests. So not much to see, no one can take control, no shares, 70 countries, 13000 employees, 85% export and always top nodge/edge.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Uiux left because he spoke his mind about not having to read about monarchy.
And because he spoke his mind, everyone started attacking him.
Forum bully was at the front.

He left.

Now the pack is blaming someone who had nothing to do with all that saga for his exit.

The truth is, no matter how these guys manipulate, I hope members are taking note on what's happening.
Market is certainly aware of what's happening or the lack of.

No positive news that's got some weight to it have been disregarded. Welcome to show the evidence before blaming on a forum.

Same thing happened before too, a few months ago I was called a downramper. I've only stated facts and those who upramp don't like it much.
Not my issue.

If people don't like reading my posts, please ignore me. Actually ignore me, unlike a few here who claim to ignore but secretly reads it 🙃 😂
And I thought he didn't like it that Bravo didn't sort everything according to his order. But I'm naive. So 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire

TECH

Regular
To think our teams aren't busy would be a huge mistake, just check out this link updated 3 weeks ago, I would assume from
the team in Toulouse, France....it ALL takes time, a lot of time, but if that's what it takes, well just sit back and try to enjoy the ride.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Frangipani

Regular
It is one of the very few companies here where the FRG/BRD keeps a protective hand over because of national interests. So not much to see, no one can take control, no shares, 70 countries, 13000 employees, 85% export and always top nodge/edge.

What we can establish, though, is that neuromorphic technology has evidently been on their radar since at least last year, as you can tell from the following 2022 White Paper:

A05C62A3-2C86-4DB1-B668-1FCBC78EB096.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
What we can establish, though, is that neuromorphic technology has evidently been on their radar since at least last year, as you can tell from the following 2022 White Paper:

View attachment 45821
There is also a small question in the Bundestag of the AFD and a big list. I'll have a look tomorrow. There are many topics or headlines about funded projects, neuromorphic, neural an so on. Big money. And that just about quantum computing.
I mean with question that when a party questions a thing (to the Bundestag) and asks an official question to the government.
Off that R&S is a best fit, exactly on the topic of the other military things that have been shared here. But how it is with top secret...
Look at who is listed or mentioned on their page, whether BSI or BND.
Maybe Assange knows more about radar and radio and Akida and R&D because he has information through US intelligence. I'm kidding.

Last edited:
  • Fire

cosors

👀
Facial or speach recognition is a completely different matter here in Europe. The data will be collected and at the same time never reach a cloud, just like voice patterns. Data protection laws, the strictest in the world I know.
How someone sets their EV and that data is something else entirely.
IMHO
For me I always had the naive idea of a head of state sitting in an EV with a guest. The route is tracked, the faces are tracked, the voice pattern and what is talked are tracked. So who is travelling with whom and talking about what ends up in a cloud.
In Germany, the economic damage is in average €200 billion per year, 46% Russia, 42% China.
So I imagine that the data described above ends up concentrated at MS, Amazon or Google and someone only has to hack in. And we know that the Israeli tool is very powerful, nearly all mighty.
That's exactly what the politicians here have in mind. That's why they've been acting and passing laws that are as strict as possible.
A longer time ago I said that this is exactly our field of action.
Only, it is now emerging. No politician is sitting in one of these cars yet, because they are just being developed.
At first I thought of monopoly. We'll see.
IMHO

Last edited:
  • Fire
Top Bottom